• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Tourney Results Thread

Savvy

Smash Cadet
KOTB harrisburg mall tourny
1/16/09
3 out of 17 people
Dunno the names of the people i beat >_<
lost to grape **** & nin

^same tourny 2nd in teams g&w partner out of 4 teams
again duno the names of who i beat
and again lost to grape **** and nin :/

KOTB harrisburg mall tourny
12/19/09
1st of 10

~Amaterasu~

Smash Apprentice
1 - Joker
2 - Amaterasu
3 - Blank
4 - Dark Yoshi
5 - Schism
5 - Ptato
7 - Trent
7 - BoredPeanut
9 - MysteriousSilver
9 - ATSG
9 - Peeks
9 - MegaRobMan
ect

Sherman's Monthly 2
1/16/10
2nd out of 23 peoples
Beat: Joker, Blank, Dark Yoshi, other peeps~
Lost: Joker twice ;_;

Yay~!
<3

Turazrok

Smash Master
1: JNig - Wario ($40)
2: K.I.D. Goggles - Sonic/ Lucario/ Metaknight ($20)
3: Arcrazia - Falco ($5)
4: Nitez - DeDeDe/ Diddy
5: FakeGeorge - G&W
5: Sudai - ROB
7: Blaine - Samus
7: BSP - Mario/ Sonic
9: Li-D - ??
9: BSL - Luigi
9: Curlz - G&W
9: Tura - Olimar
13: S.Ryu - Pikachu
Beat S.Ryu
Lost to Sudai. Lost to Nitez.
Beat Curlz in mm.
Beat BSL regularly :D

Noa.

Smash Master
Sudai began to play brawl again.

Some last tournies I've gone to.

Winterfest
12/21/09
? out of 98 (made it out of pools)
Beat: No one in bracket
Lost: M2k, BigLou

WATO9
1/9/10
9th out of 28
Beat: MK18, LessThanThree, Hrnut
Lost: Hungrybox, GDX

Sudai

Stuff here
Draconoa, don't speak when you don't know the truth. Haha.

I still show up at local (and some OoS) tournaments because I enjoy the community. I felt like entering that day so I entered. Doesn't mean I'm seriously playing Brawl again, was just a whim. ;]

Fino

Smash Master
Draconoa, don't speak when you don't know the truth. Haha.

I still show up at local (and some OoS) tournaments because I enjoy the community. I felt like entering that day so I entered. Doesn't mean I'm seriously playing Brawl again, was just a whim. ;]
That avi is hot
but it doesn't change the fact that sudai (inb4namesearch+infractionaction) is a douche ;o

Sudai

Stuff here
Seriously Fino? I know you don't like me and I know you know I don't like you, but do you really dislike me sooo much that any time I'm around you have to bring it up? You're like a child.

Fino

Smash Master
Seriously Fino? I know you don't like me and I know you know I don't like you, but do you really dislike me sooo much that any time I'm around you have to bring it up? You're like a child.
aww man, I swear I posted this exact same phrase like a couple days ago. lol... there's a smiley at the end... obvious pseudo trolling was incredibly obvious
sudai

Denti

Smash Master
so much hate! all it ever ends up doing is making you look like an *** and not like you were smart or right about something. 0....oooooo Ohhhhh olimar mains are difficult

Jane

Smash Hero
so how come the dude that got 7th at pound isnt even on here at all? does he usually go by a different name? who the hell is he anyways o:

EDIT:: ok so i guess he is pyronic star?

Fino

Smash Master
Here's the results thread
In order of what happened first:

Brawl Teams
1: Shut the **** up you don't know **** about pokemon (Zeton + Clel)
2: Yo , Snorlax ****ing OWNS YOU (Steeler + Domo)
3: Discontine speaking and have intercorse with me (Meno + DTL)
4: That aint no pokemon, that's a chinese myth dragon (Affinity + Fino)
5: Don't Sweat the petty things Don't pet the sweaty things (BEES + Chicken Tenders)
5: We surrender (Moblin + TImotee)
7: Marishbar (Em-ay-ar + FishBait73)
7: In-hale_lordz (Soapy + Lucre)
9: The Chipmunks (Zaj + Spelt)
9: Horny the West (Horny + West)
9: Please Please Me (Mr. Man + Number 2)
9: Whatever (Chunky + Steam)
13: Bananas and Pajamas (Pagami + JuMpMaaN)
13: Ensis (Ensis Fox + Ensis Wolf)

Brawl Singles
1: Affinity
2: Fino
3: Zeton
4: Dave!
5: Clel
5: Domo
7: BESS
7: Lvl-0
9: Steam
9: Steeler
9: DTL
9: Timotee
13: Meno
13: Munch
13: Zajice
13: Underload
17: Lunchbox
17: JCVD
17: Moblin
17: Pagami
17: Z
17: FishBait73
17: Chunky
17: Chicken_Tenders
25: Saicam
25: Em_ay_ar
25: Soapy
25: Lucre
25: Spelt
They made it so kansas couldn't take all three spots in teams <.< we wanted the tourney results to be one big snorlax meem, lol (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na0mYSFPoCU)

Soo...
Fighter Frenzy
2nd out of 29
Beat: Moblin, Lunchbox, Timotee, Clel and Zeton
Lost to: Affinity (x2)

Fino

Smash Master
1: Lain ($344.00 + $50 First place pot bonus) :popo: :gw:
2: Kain ($215.00) :wolf: uh...yeah no lie
3: Zeton ($129.00) :fox:
4: Joker ($86.00) :snake:
5: Affinity ($43.00) :metaknight:
5: Fino ($43.00) :olimar:
7: Ook :dk2:
7: QTP :diddy:
9: Nicole :peach:
9: Clel :metaknight:
9: Jordan :gw:
9: Domo :metaknight:
13: MJG :toonlink:
13: Future :popo:
13: Zash :shiek: Wuuuuut?
13: Chewyy :popo:
17: Legan :link2:
17: Zozefup :metaknight:
17: Ripple
17: Rob Gambino :metaknight:
17: DLA :ganondorf:
17: MMM :falco:
17: Cook :metaknight:
17: Pu!se
25: Amphros
25: Kit
25: Trent :sonic:
25: Veggie!
25: Klutch
25: FAE :lucas:
25: Clove :samus2:
25: Tmacc :dedede: :luigi2:

Pool Cutoffs:

33: CBK
33: Ticklish Prostate
33: James
33: Yink
33: Sothe
33: Kappy
33: Brid
33: Dart
41: Kemorroo
41: Peeks
41: Milk!
41: Schism
41: Dajayman
41: B
41: Jeremiah
41: Zwarm
49: Alt F4
49: Kite
49: Zyran
49: Johmn'ii
49: Neb
49: Silver
49: Alex
49: Dominic
57: Radium88
57: Pogo
57: DjIke
57: Oranos
Fun tournament was fun... but stupid loses were stupid <.<

Also... cook... traitor much?

Tin Man

Smash Hero
oh, this must have been the tourney MGJ told me about, I hoped he would have placed higher, but still very well done, how many people were at that tourney fino?

Fino

Smash Master
oh, this must have been the tourney MGJ told me about, I hoped he would have placed higher, but still very well done, how many people were at that tourney fino?
53. There were eight separate pools, and top 4 made it out. I went undefeated against everyone except lain in pools. Lost to QTP in winners bracket and then beat him in losers bracket <.<'' Even if I won that match I would've gotten the same place, lol. The image of the bracket is messed up, but path all looks the same.

Cook

Smash Master
Wow, Fino, you took out the Oli face that Rauleen had by my name in the results thread and replaced it with an MK one. Maybe you don't know this, but if you use a secondary it isn't really supposed to count toward which character you used unless you won with the secondary. The only time I used MK was against you, because I didn't feel like doing Lolimar dittos. Oh, and I used MK in doubles because I've decided that Olimar is only good in doubles against certain teams. But good try, though. I must say that the bracket was either messed up or there were a lot of upsets (probably the latter), because I lost to one of the people you lost to and then you (using a secondary, which was a bad idea on my part, I guess) and got 17th. Oh well, I guess that's what I get for neglecting Olimar and spending the last month trying to give Nicole MK and Marth practice.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
What's up with character loyalty?

I never got that.

Yesterday I got back from the first tournament I haven't used Olimar in... ever. Got 1st though.
(<---Went MK only 'bout half the time, btw)

And good stuff, guys.

Fino

Smash Master
What's up with character loyalty?

I never got that.
Moving char up in tournament results / proving you can do well using just one char. An Olimar who can place higher using secondaries isn't as noteworthy as one who doesn't.

Not gunna lie, I use secondaries in MMs and stuff and secondaries against people who aren't supa good, but I always use oli when it counts.

Wow, Fino, you took out the Oli face that Rauleen had by my name in the results thread and replaced it with an MK one. Maybe you don't know this, but if you use a secondary it isn't really supposed to count toward which character you used unless you won with the secondary.
Buuut, you used mk in 2/3 tournament matches you played... sounds like someone deserves a mk face next to their name ;o

The only time I used MK was against you, because I didn't feel like doing Lolimar dittos.
That's a lousy winning mindset... no johns.

Oh, and I used MK in doubles because I've decided that Olimar is only good in doubles against certain teams. But good try, though. I must say that the bracket was either messed up or there were a lot of upsets (probably the latter), because I lost to one of the people you lost to and then you (using a secondary, which was a bad idea on my part, I guess) and got 17th. Oh well, I guess that's what I get for neglecting Olimar and spending the last month trying to give Nicole MK and Marth practice.
So.. you used mk all-throughout teams... and in 2/3 times in singles... doesn't sound like an olimar main to me.

Cook

Smash Master
Lol ur dum.

I used Olimar to get 1st in my pool, losing only one match to Domo. I used him in two out of three bracket sets. I just think he sucks in doubles (or I can't use him in doubles at least) and I didn't want to do dittos. And I agree with Dan anyway.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Moving char up in tournament results / proving you can do well using just one char. An Olimar who can place higher using secondaries isn't as noteworthy as one who doesn't.
That's a lousy winning mindset... no johns.
Using Olimar isn't a part of a winning mindset (if that's your only mindset, btw), so that can't be what this is about.

Fino

Smash Master
Using Olimar isn't a part of a winning mindset (if that's your only mindset, btw), so that can't be what this is about.
There's a reason there is text in between those two quotes.... mainly because I was addressing two different topics.
The first quote was geared towards "character loyalty"
The second was towards cooks reasoning to using mk over oli. "because he didn't want to do the ditto" - cook beat me in oli dittos at no koast (however I took him down like a week or so later in iowa), and he just started to pick up mk. Using mk over oli, just for the sake of not wanting to do the ditto when you know you can win the ditto is just stupid.
If olimar is your best character, isn't using olimar part of a winning mindset? He didn't even bring olimar out, he went right for mk when he knows he's won the ditto before, lol.

Cook

Smash Master
So you used a secondary one match and I used a secondary for two matches? Man, I'm such a TRAITTORRRRRRRR.

Fino

Smash Master
So you used a secondary one match and I used a secondary for two matches? Man, I'm such a TRAITTORRRRRRRR.
You still used mk in teams =P

Stupid argument is stupid. lol <3

I read your post wrong initially. Thought you said you used mk against joker as well. Ma baaaad ;-; Still disappointed you wouldn't oli ditto me =/

Top Bottom