• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I can't wait to play this when the game releases.

Which version are you guys planning on getting?
I'll probably until we find out version exclusive Megas. Or I'll just buy both games like i did with X and Y...

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
These are the remakes I've been waiting for years to happen. I loved the RSE games and everything it's brought to the series. I'll be spending a whole lot of time utilizing Secret Bases and the Contests, as well as the Battle Frontier if it returns.

Has it been confirmed that there will be the PokeBlock Machine mini game again?

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I'm not as hyped as I was for HGSS and that's probably because the 3rd generation was my least favorite. I'm glad however that they are revisiting Hoenn despite my wishes for it to be a sequel and not a remake. I guess that's another reason...

The concept was having it take place 5 years after RSE (3 years after events in RBY and 2 after the original BW) where we would see the side effects of the drought/intense storm throughout the region in the original games. Some cities may have been flooded in Sapphire's plot while in Ruby, some parts of the region's surrounding waters may have dried out forming new routes and the people of the region expanding cities or even making new reserves for Pokemon affected by the after affects.

Mirage Tower, as explained by an NPC in BW2 has fallen into ruins and the sandstorms has only intensified since. Periodically, the storm would subside and will allow trainers to traverse the desert. Think of it like the Safari Zone where you were given a time limit. The game uses the 3DS' internal clock to determine the periods of when these sandstorms occur. Every month, you may see a batch of Rock and Ground type Pokemon that normally wouldn't be found anywhere else.

For Sapphire, people have created new routes to maintain the ability to traverse some parts of the region that have been flooded (consists of floating structures and even an new underground path with an underground aquarium similar to what was seen in Black and White 2). Mossdeep, Lilycove and Sootopolis were heavily affected and Dewford Town was totally restructured to accommodate changes. Sootopolis City no longer exists- no more than underwater ruin (in Omega Ruby, it is a mountain). Both contain a research facility that is an extension of the Weather Institute.

There's a lot of things I brought up almost two years ago with this concept but this is pretty much what I had liked. Would have been the first for a "remake" or a sequel to a game released over 10 years ago.

Looking forward to ORAS regardless!

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Which version are you guys planning on getting?

I'm not as hyped as I was for HGSS and that's probably because the 3rd generation was my least favorite. I'm glad however that they are revisiting Hoenn despite my wishes for it to be a sequel and not a remake. I guess that's another reason...
Yeah, same here. I was insanely hyped for HGSS, Gen 2 being my favorite gen. However looking at ORAS, and seeing the trend of remaking a previous generation once per new handheld system (FRLG=GBA, HGSS=DS, ORAS=3DS), I can't help but lament the fact that if there will ever be a true remake of Gen 2 again, it will be on a handheld in the future, and not just that but -two- systems away from now (next one has DPPt, then RBY again on the one after).

Ah well. I won't ever stop playing Soul Silver.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I wonder what will happen with the Safari zone/Friend Safari (wondering if they will replace the original safari, take out the Friend Safari, or keep it and place the Friend Safari somewhere accessible after beating the E4 and Champion..)

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I wonder what will happen with the Safari zone/Friend Safari (wondering if they will replace the original safari, take out the Friend Safari, or keep it and place the Friend Safari somewhere accessible after beating the E4 and Champion..)
I think it will be the last one. Friend Safari should be in the dark spot of the new Hoenn map since no one knows what's there.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

The concept was having it take place 5 years after RSE (3 years after events in RBY and 2 after the original BW) where we would see the side effects of the drought/intense storm throughout the region in the original games. Some cities may have been flooded in Sapphire's plot while in Ruby, some parts of the region's surrounding waters may have dried out forming new routes and the people of the region expanding cities or even making new reserves for Pokemon affected by the after affects.

Mirage Tower, as explained by an NPC in BW2 has fallen into ruins and the sandstorms has only intensified since. Periodically, the storm would subside and will allow trainers to traverse the desert. Think of it like the Safari Zone where you were given a time limit. The game uses the 3DS' internal clock to determine the periods of when these sandstorms occur. Every month, you may see a batch of Rock and Ground type Pokemon that normally wouldn't be found anywhere else.

For Sapphire, people have created new routes to maintain the ability to traverse some parts of the region that have been flooded (consists of floating structures and even an new underground path with an underground aquarium similar to what was seen in Black and White 2). Mossdeep, Lilycove and Sootopolis were heavily affected and Dewford Town was totally restructured to accommodate changes. Sootopolis City no longer exists- no more than underwater ruin (in Omega Ruby, it is a mountain). Both contain a research facility that is an extension of the Weather Institute.

There's a lot of things I brought up almost two years ago with this concept but this is pretty much what I had liked. Would have been the first for a "remake" or a sequel to a game released over 10 years ago.

Looking forward to ORAS regardless!
Third gen is my favorite so I am hyped for this remake a lot, but admittedly, your idea has me really intrigued. It's a shame we won't see something like that.

I'm debating between versions. I will probably want both games at some point, but I probably won't get both on release, and I still have to pick my "main version" (the one that I put effort into completing vs. one that I restart and replay repeatedly). I'm kind of thinking Alpha Sapphire for my "main" version since Ruby was my main for third gen and I've therefore only played through that once, whereas I've played Sapphire countless times. But I also have the natural attachment to Omega Ruby as a result of Ruby being my main game originally. I'll probably wait to see exclusives and see if that changes anything.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
.... It just hit me- what if they announce "Pal Pokemon"? It's a feature that enables you to carry two more Pokemon along with your team of 6, but you cannot battle with them (and they won't show up in your party during a battle, either). However, you can do anything else with them that you'd normally do if you're outside a battle, such as Amie/Super Training/Hold items/USING HMS.

This would make keeping Pokemon with certain HMs you need like Fly or Surf much easier without sacrificing spots on your main team.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
My friend thinks it's odd that I have a Naive Swablu ready to be trained to be a Mega Altaria. I dunno, I mean, I figure the boosts Altaria gets through mega evolving are pretty straight forward- mixed sweeper running Dragon Dance, Return, Earthquake, Fire Blast. *shrug* I could be wrong, but just in case I have a Swablu ready for it.

What's your guys' opinion on early training for preparation of the upcoming Megas?

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I already have my full team, save for my Mudkip, which I want to be ORAS native. I've EV trained most of my team through Super Training, but not to their max EVs, so they can be a little more diverse (and since they aren't a competitive team either way). It's the first time I've done something like this for a game so I'm excited about it. It'll be interesting seeing how the playthrough changes now that I've been able to prepare for the game instead of having to always catch and train my teams from scratch.

So, I totally agree with preparation for ORAS, especially with all the new Megas. :)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I was thinking about setting up a Mega Slowbro, but I'm not sure what route I should take with him. I figured Slack Off, Calm Mind, Psyshock/Flamethrower, & Scald could be a good set to fully embrace his supposed bulk.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I started breeding hyper voice swablu but stopped until we know what the stats are so i can figure out which nature to use.... same with the other mega forms minus metagross which i did both jolly and adamant..

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Has anything been said about Pokemon born/caught in Hoenn having their own thing like a pentagon for Kalos?

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
@ BaPr BaPr No. I do have a Latias and Latios pair from Emerald and Sapphire respectively that I'm importing there asap, but someone would've done that before me since my preorder is set to ship in the mail. So, you'll probably find out later on Nov 21 or maybe the next day if everyone's lazy (doubt it). :p

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Here's a new trailer showing off more content.

Woah... where did this come from? Anyone have any idea where this was in the original RSE, like maybe it's a redesigned E4 Champion room or something? It almost looks like it could be Team Magma's secret HQ or something... very pretty. Especially the style of that bridge. My first thought is that it led to a new secret area for some kind of rare Pokemon.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962

Woah... where did this come from? Anyone have any idea where this was in the original RSE, like maybe it's a redesigned E4 Champion room or something? It almost looks like it could be Team Magma's secret HQ or something... very pretty. Especially the style of that bridge. My first thought is that it led to a new secret area for some kind of rare Pokemon.
I am thinking it relates to Team Magma...or it's a new location in the dark spot of the Hoenn map.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

The first thing that sprung to mind -- particularly given what I think is ash in the air -- is Mount Chimney? But then, no part of Mount Chimney looked remotely like that, so that doesn't entirely make sense either.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
The first thing that sprung to mind -- particularly given what I think is ash in the air -- is Mount Chimney? But then, no part of Mount Chimney looked remotely like that, so that doesn't entirely make sense either.
Now that you mentioned Mt. Chimney, I can definitely see it being a platform for the Meteorite in the middle of Mt. Chimney much higher up than the one in RSE was, resulting in seeing no lava but seeing tons of ash... it's a far stretch though.

Maybe it's a new place on route 113?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
To update everyone on the Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire information, it's been confirmed that Gallade, Sharpedo, and Camerupt will be receiving mega evolutions. Mega Sharpedo's ability is Strong Jaw, and all of its stats (except HP) will get a boost. Mega Camerupt's ability is Sheer Force, and its speed gets decreased; all the other stats (except HP) will be boosted.

Also, Primal Kyogre's ability is called Sea of Beginnings (a reference to how Alpha is the first letter of the Greek alphabet), while Primal Groudon's ability is called Land of Endings (a reference to how Omega is the last letter of the Greek alphabet).

To finish up, Cliff's Blade is a new move that Primal Groudon will have access to.

All of this information can be found at Serebii.net.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Strong Jaw Sharpedo: YAY!!
Ice and Thunder Fang (going by other Megas they tend to get moves that relate, so I expect we'll see Thunder Fang as a relearn move) is wonderful... sadly he'd need 171 (and increase of 51 BS) ATK to do more damage with Waterfall and Aqua Jet [than Life Orb variant], but since Crunch already has fantastic coverage with those two I guess it's not such a big deal.

He'll be a fun little clean-up pokémon no doubt.

As for Camerupt... well that sucks...

Sheer Force is a great ability but I want my Volcano Pokemon to viably use Eruption thanks... I guess he'll have use in a trick room team? The stat increases better be good!

The big thing to me though sits in Ubers with the new weather effects Strong Rain and Strong Sun... The way it's put I'm thinking they're not permanent weather like I previously expected, but instead something new... and I think I have a guess at what it may be?

Rain and Sun with Sandstorm/Hail style damage. This is all speculation, but the idea of the sun and rain coming down so heavy that all but fire/water (or those with abilities) types take damage from it sounds kind of reasonable, and I can't really think what else it could be... any thoughts anyone?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Last I've checked, Sharpedo can't learn Thunder Fang, so Mega Sharpedo can only really take advantage of Strong Jaw with Ice Fang and Crunch. Also, you could have Sharpedo get one Speed Boost in before mega evolving it, though if its defenses are still very frail, it might not be able to survive long enough to take full advantage of its stat boosts.

As for base stat thoughts...

Mega Sharpedo
HP: 70
Attack: 150
Defense: 50
SP ATK: 125
SP DEF: 50
Speed: 115
Total: 560

Mega Camerupt
Attack: 140
Defense: 80
SP ATK: 145
SP DEF: 95
Speed: 30

Mega Gallade
HP: 68
Attack: 165
Defense: 65
SP ATK: 65
SP DEF: 135
Speed: 120
Total: 618

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Last I've checked, Sharpedo can't learn Thunder Fang, so Mega Sharpedo can only really take advantage of Strong Jaw with Ice Fang and Crunch.
Blastoise didn't get Aura Sphere prior to X and Y, nor did Heracross get Rock Blast or Bullet Seed...

I'm pretty confident he'll get Thunder Fang in the next game.

As for Stats I see more along the lines of:

Mega Sharpedo
Attack: 160
Defense: 55
SP ATK: 105
SP DEF: 55
Speed: 115

Mega Camerupt
Attack: 110
Defense: 100
SP ATK: 155
SP DEF: 105
Speed: 20

As for Mega Gallade I expect he'll just mirror Mega Gardevoir, though I could see him getting his +20 in Defense rather than Special Defense... either way I see his speed being 100 like Garde, and having a kinda useless base 85 attack...

I do wonder what his ability will be though... Pixelate wouldn't make a great deal of sense, and Fairy/Fighting's not great anyways... Although it would be cool having almost 3 STABs...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Mega Gyarados never got Crunch at all in X/Y though, and that's an attack that it really needs for its Water/Dark-typing.

Anyway, I'm actually hoping that Mega Gallade's ability is Mold Breaker, so that way, it doesn't have to fear Sturdy, Solid Rock, or even Multiscale. I mean its appearance alone seems like it'll be able to pierce right through any defensive abilities.

Shog

Smash Ace
I am pure Hype for Mega Camerupt too. SSB4, the Megas and of course the game itself, sweet jeebus!

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
TBH those designs are really boring.

Anything is a step up from Mega Sharpedo I guess though. God is it ugly.

LarsINTJ

Banned via Warnings
The official designs stray too far from the original art style. That fan-art could be considered a bit too close, perhaps "safe", but simpler is cooler in my opinion. A sense of inner power is way more appealing than try-hard flamboyance.

Last edited:

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Inner focus gallade was such a disappointment. Wouldve been amazing with fairy fighting pixelate.

Sharpedo and Camerupt are nichze tho. Unfortunately a Rock Polish camerupt set is out of the question because with a -10 drop in speed it can't eve outspeed base 108s.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
At least Inner Focus protects Mega Gallade from flinching by the likes of Fake Out. Of course, Mold Breaker would've still been a nice ability for it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Anyone notice a big different between the official artwork and the actual in game version?

Why does the artwork have blades or teeth or something on it's nose but not the in game

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Because they realised it looked stupid when they made the model? Or maybe it's a gender difference thing... though it would be odd given there's no gender different in normal Sharpedo.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
A demo was revealed for the West, but no details are in on it yet.

I'm really hoping they don't do the codes thing like they did with Platinum users for Smash. That was... chaotic.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Okay, you can see the letter M on Camerupt's forehead, but is there an A for Sharpedo? Someone pointed this out on another website.

Shog

Smash Ace
Okay, you can see the letter M on Camerupt's forehead, but is there an A for Sharpedo? Someone pointed this out on another website.
Turn the shark 90°, check the eye area

Top Bottom