• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omni talks about the #OneUnit Illusion

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
I don't feel One Unit will be real, but we need the majority to try to be standing for it anyway. But in order to do that, we need competent leaders. I'm probably just echoing the video though lel

Utena

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yurigod
I might get in trouble for this but I think I need to put you on blast.
lmfaooooo lets go

You think people booing him and chanting after the countless efforts he put into the game to get better. Who cares how he performs in Melee, that has nothing to do with how terrible the reaction was to the point Scar, D1, Prog, PewpewU, and many more told the Melee community and Zero sorry and to keep on trucking on.
dont blame the melee players, honestly, venue/TO issues are at fault. Anyways, irl this is a pretty common place thing. when youre forced to watch something that you dont care at all about before you can watch what you came to see, you aint happy. especially if its 5 hours long and during the time frame the thing you came for was supposed to be in.

Your poor behavior here and in the past in the smash 4 boards with having no idea what you are talking about with it's mechanics
okay the 'behavior' thing is a matter of perception, but in regards to mechanics i wanna see the receipts.
shows you have zero compassion for other human beings and like to be as rude as possible while offering nothing of value for others.
this is the reach of the century. relax pal.

Do yourself and others a favor and rethink how you act. Preferring a game is one thing, being toxic and berating others while promoting terrible behavior is what you have shown.
im not berating anyone. i made one joke about zero. relaxxx
also i think its funny swf moderators banned Mang0 for "being toxic"

Be a positive example, don't be the problem.
i thought you were gonna put me on blast?

anyways, y'all really just interpreting my remarks as hostile. im not being mean. don't expect to be coddled

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Though I agree that there is no need to be a douchebag about what boils down to video game preferences, I don't think the banter between Melee and Smash 4 fans are nearly as big of a problem as some make it out to be.
Not gonna lie: I've never actually seen a real "hate" between players of different Smash titles IRL despite going to probably over 40 tournaments in my life. The only time I've seen anything close to that are people who everyone else hated and were honestly terrible players who weren't actually competitive-minded.

Meanwhile I've seen KOF XIII vs. SF IV feuds like 8 times IRL, and I don't even play either of those games competitively (although I wish I had time to), rofl.

People at tournaments and who go routinely usually aren't the problems. Normally, it's just hate-filled randoms who show up (usually indoctrinated by hatebases [aka the opposite of fanbases; also like the anti-circle jerk] of games), or just keyboard warriors who don't even go to tournaments but act like they're hot crap online.
mango would probably be the one to start booing
No, he wouldn't. His girlfriend was actually actively calling the people booing "cancer" and "the worst smashers I've ever seen at a tournament." A few SoCal and NorCal smashers (most of them either Melee only or Melee/PM only players) I know have said those people disgusted them so much and were so rude to everyone they don't want to go back to another East Coast major/APEX event.

All the top Melee community voices were pissed that knew about it, including Prog, D1, Scar, Tafokints, Juggleguy, SFAT, KoreanDJ, Lilo, TK Breezy, Milktea, Mew2King, Hungrybox, and various other top players, TO's, and community voices.

Edit: Also, I know people were mad Dabuz was camping, but why not just cheer for Zero more? That's what people did to *insert campy Melee player here* back in the day, rofl. Turn a negative into a positive man. Besides that, Zero was mad fun to watch. I don't even normally watch Smash 4 (ironically I am now), but him and all the Diddy players were among the most hype Smash 4 players to watch in Top 8.

Edit 2: Being entirely honest, I find Zero among the more boring players to watch in Melee and Brawl (Project M it depends heavily on his opponent), but in Smash 4 I find him very exciting. I actually prefer watching him in Smash 4 over Melee, which I can't say I have the same feelings for any player.

Last edited:

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
Meanwhile, Brawl remains curled up in the corner sobbing itself to sleep.
and the many spread sympathizers like myself shake our heads that the civil war between the toxic minority and the people who argue with them in vain... rages on.

having an opinion is one thing, but intentionally saying things you know will incite a poor response should get you in trouble... players have been banned from tournaments for displaying a poor enough attitude, if someone's fueling arguments, ask a mod to do something about them...

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I've seen some people here say that they haven't seen this kind of behavior in the FGC.

LOL. I have firsthand seen SFIV and KOF XIII fans, SFII and SFIV fans, and even MvC3 and SFIV fans clash in heated battles over which is better at FGC tournaments with those games as well as whatever Smash game I was there for. I think I saw this 8 times, including 3 times at 2 different tournaments.

I have yet to see anything like this, other than people dissing games in a comical way (some Smasher I know who plays Melee and Brawl used to yell "Brawl is a**, Melee is trash" rofl), complaining about certain aspects with legitimate criticism, and the likes.

The only exceptions I've had are 3 annoying individuals hating on some Smash game wayyyyy too hard who weren't even good and nobody liked anyways so it isn't like their opinion carried any weight, lol..
I remember at EVO last year, Melee was taking way longer than it should have and Marvel was supposed to be streamed right after. A bunch of people were complaining over the fact that Melee was so slow and wasn't a real fighting game, but a bunch of people came to defend it and express their love for the game. I remember seeing a bunch of "Save Marvel", "Just make the sets Best of 2!", and "Is this set STILL going on!?" Hmm... sounds familiar.
The funny thing is Melee Top 8 didn't run over. It was scheduled for 2 hours and 30 minutes and was exactly that long, even with the Prog retirement ceremony and wait in between the intro and start of top 8. The problem is Melee started an hour or so late due to BBCP taking longer than expected (that grand finals was an emotional roller coaster) as well as some other game (I think Injustice).

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Aight, so here's the thing. If you are a non-toxic member of either one of the communities, that doesn't mean anything. How people perceive and interact with groups is based off of the loudest "voice" of the community, even if it's a pretty small minority. If you want to get that perception to change, you need to get the silent majority to open their mouths/act. If you see people flaming one of the games in twitch chat, don't shrug and tell yourself that "I'm not like that" #notallmeleeplayers. Instead, tell the miscreant that he's being stupid, and maybe try engaging the other fan-base in real conversation. Drown out the loud minority that you claim is making the community toxic--don't just hope that people realize that it's not that bad.

Start ostracizing toxic players at events. If people are being asses about another game being played (the melee chant ****, or talking about how other games are taking too long), don't just sit there embarrassed, ask them to shut up, and failing that, make it clear that they aren't speaking for you--cheer the other people, generate hype for the other scene (even if you aren't a huge fan).

Basically, all I'm saying is that every one who sits back saying "well our community isn't really elitist/insecure/entitled" needs to show it, and you don't do that by patting yourself on the back and blaming other people.

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
With GimR's VGBootCamp no longer supporting Project M, Super Smash Bros. 4 having problems at APEX 2015, and some unpleasant exchanges between fans of Melee and Smash 4, it seems the community can never catch a break.

In efforts to help unite the community during EVO 2013, the hashtag #OneUnit was created as a symbol of uniting fans of all Smash games. SmashBoards Moderator, Writer/Editor, and GIFMaster Omni has made a video summarizing why it's an illusion and what can be done.

"Once upon a time in a far away place three communities lived peacefully in a land called OneUnit"

While he does keep it short, the video itself still provides a powerful message. The big message left home for anyone watching is even to those not part of the problem, don't point fingers, and while many aren't part of the problem, they can be part of the solution.

Check out the video below for more details on Omni's thoughts with a side dish of humor

The #OneUnit Illusion

If you liked this, subscribe to Omni's YouTube channel for more.

With a rapidly growing community, will you be part of the solution? Has this video helped you make a stand? Let us know in the comments below; we love to hear!

TheThirdKoopa is a very busy person. One often still wonders how he's still alive, but he has a love for Video Games (particularly Smash), Computers, Music, and Writing. He also wants people to talk with about the Persona 5 announcement since he couldn't post anything here about that. Follow him on Twitter at @Thirdkoopa
Melee fans treat Sm4sh Fans the way Other fighting game fans treat Melee fans. Honestly, there's so much cancerous bull**** in the fighting game community. But i guess when you pick out all the people in a community who want to play fighting games and compete all the time, what you're left is is a large group of overly competitive people. So yeah, people are gonna butt heads. If only people could separate their overly-competitive nature from video-games and real-life.

Mr. Cuddles

Smash Apprentice
O my smash community, who were once fantastic people will skill and kindness and grace, reduced to nothing but youtube commenters.

Who cares if pm is not in tournaments? im playing it. Who cares if SSB4 is a little slower than others? im playing it. Who cares if melee is old and " filled with elitist smashers" im playing it. Its smash brothers , no matter what you prefer.

But it doesnt matter what i say, im just a 16 year old boy who likes Smash

Riposte__

Smash Apprentice
lbrilliant stuff here that isn't even my concern
Why do you think a cancerous hugbox grew under the the rough and tumble world of Melee? How did we go from people like Wife and Wes and ken and Chillin and Mango and Leffen talking so much **** and building intense rivalries to a community that whines and cries at the smallest amount of adversity?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
More like, we don't really care anymore.
We've lived this, had a lot of it and grew tired of trying, so Brawl community pretty much turn their backs to this discussions and call it a day.
We'll silently go back to our basements and play the game for fun.

Caryslan

Smash Apprentice
At this point, I don't think they care. Now that Smash 4 is out, all the hatred that Brawl used to get has moved over to that game, and Melee fans have turned their ire onto Smash 4.

So, I'm willing to bet that Brawl players are happier now, since they can have their community in peace.

Kinda like what the 64 players have had for years.

Caryslan

Smash Apprentice
Simple. Do Melee Top 8 first. #OneUnit
This is the best solution. Finish Melee off first, then play Smash 4.

It works into both games favor. People that came for Melee can enjoy their game first without waiting, while Smash 4 can have its shot at the spotlight without anxious fans of another game disrupting things.

Apex should have had Melee top 8 first, Smash 4 top 8 in, and then finish the night off with either 64 or Brawl's top 8.

Genome Squirrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkCoffee
This is the best solution. Finish Melee off first, then play Smash 4.

It works into both games favor. People that came for Melee can enjoy their game first without waiting, while Smash 4 can have its shot at the spotlight without anxious fans of another game disrupting things.

Apex should have had Melee top 8 first, Smash 4 top 8 in, and then finish the night off with either 64 or Brawl's top 8.

Your post isn't going to convince anyone if you can swap the subjects without changing the meaning.

This is the best solution. Finish Smash 4 off first, then play Melee.

It works into both games favor. People that came for Smash 4 can enjoy their game first without waiting, while Melee can have its shot at the spotlight without anxious fans of another game disrupting things.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Your post isn't going to convince anyone if you can swap the subjects without changing the meaning.

This is the best solution. Finish Smash 4 off first, then play Melee.

It works into both games favor. People that came for Smash 4 can enjoy their game first without waiting, while Melee can have its shot at the spotlight without anxious fans of another game disrupting things.
I suppose the main difference is that there are far fewer loud and vocal Smash 4 people who actively hate Melee as a competitive game. Most anti-Melee people are more against the Melee community than the game itself. I think a larger percentage of Smash 4 players watch competitive Melee than the other way around. I know I personally loved watching both games.

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
It's like the video implied. Like brothers, we may argue and disagree with a lot of things. However, like brothers, when someone comes in our space, disrespect us and start beating down one of us, we should get them outta here.

This is what happened at the Smash 4 Apex finals. Sure, the Melee Top 8 started around the time it should have ended. Is that a good reason to be ***holes to everyone in the venue and twitch chat? No. And not enough people stood up to stop it.

This is what is happening with PM. GimR stepped down? Someone needs to rise in his place. PM is not getting enough footage for months, and now we need people to support its scene. We need streamers, we need players, we need tournaments.

When Nintendo tried to shut down the Melee Evo stream, the Smash community rose as one.
When Melee had a chance to get back at Evo and set a precedent for other Smash games to follow in it's wake, the community rose as one.
When Apex 2015 was in the verge of collapsing many times, yet again the Smash community rose as one.

We may disagree in a lot of things. But this trolling and elitism needs to stop.
Some of us may not like PM. But we must strive to keep it's scene alive, even if not in center stage as it was.
Some of us may hate Smash 4's Defensive Metagame, but we must respect it.
Some of us may hate the misguided fools that hate everything not called Melee, but we can't treat the Melee community as a whole bunch of fools.

Warning: Wall of text above.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
"Once upon a time in a far away place three communities lived peacefully in a land called OneUnit"
"...but everything changed when the Melee nation attacked."

Last edited:

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
and the many spread sympathizers like myself shake our heads that the civil war between the toxic minority and the people who argue with them in vain... rages on.

having an opinion is one thing, but intentionally saying things you know will incite a poor response should get you in trouble... players have been banned from tournaments for displaying a poor enough attitude, if someone's fueling arguments, ask a mod to do something about them...
I was merely commenting on the lack of Brawl's inclusion into the OneUnit.

Same thing goes for 64.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
lmfaooooo lets go

dont blame the melee players, honestly, venue/TO issues are at fault. Anyways, irl this is a pretty common place thing. when youre forced to watch something that you dont care at all about before you can watch what you came to see, you aint happy. especially if its 5 hours long and during the time frame the thing you came for was supposed to be in.

okay the 'behavior' thing is a matter of perception, but in regards to mechanics i wanna see the receipts.
this is the reach of the century. relax pal.

im not berating anyone. i made one joke about zero. relaxxx
also i think its funny swf moderators banned Mang0 for "being toxic"

i thought you were gonna put me on blast?

anyways, y'all really just interpreting my remarks as hostile. im not being mean. don't expect to be coddled
There is a reason the first post you made here got no likes while the person who quoted you got 24.

I will blame the players that are being toxic because there is no excuse for poor behavior like yours.

You have no concern for others, which really shows here.

FumiQyn

Banned via Warnings
@Scoliosis Jones

"So let me ask some of you. Are you a Smash fan? Or are you a Melee fan? Or a Smash 4 fan?"

to answer your question i'm a smash64 fan ;) just kidding. i'd like to say that PM is a great game and should be played by competitive and casual fans alike (its a very easy smasher to play) . so if you got some extra time i recommend you play PM :). just letting you know, you have great points in which i agree with most. but hate is an opinion and most opinions can't be changed :( its sad that people hate each others games. i don't like brawl or smash4 but i have the common sense to shut my mouth and play the games i like. E'nuff said.

Last edited:

Redd500

Smash Apprentice
I never once blamed Brawl (other than saying sequels create divides by nature, but nothing more). I blamed the fact Sakurai said Melee was "too hard," and for some reason people still hold that mindset merely because he said that. Before he said that the only thing people thought was "too hard" was unlocking characters, stages, and content. I've been posting and lurking on Smash message boards since 2000 and I never saw the gameplay being called too hard, but suddenly after that quote in 2003 I've seen it said thousands of times.

Sakurai has routinely put the competitive community on blast, and not just Melee.
-Sakurai has called competitive players maniacs.
-Sakurai told us competitive won't last for Smash very recently.

VGBootCamp reported they had over 2.5 million unique viewers during APEX 2015 (that's not including Team Sp00ky's stream), with two 800+ entrant Smash tournaments without 1 of the 3 biggest Smash games present. Sorry Sakurai, you're wrong and you should feel bad for how dead wrong you are.

-Sakurai built Brawl so it couldn't be competitive or have technical depth (he failed at that to a large degree, but Brawl was less technical in Melee). Sakurai did it moreso in Smash 4 (although now they can patch out competitive aspects). Sakurai claimed to do this to "even the playing field" because he didn't want better players to scare away newer players.

You know, like how Messi scares away kids from playing soccer/football, aka the most popular sport in the world that is infinitely more popular than Smash will ever be. Yep, that's why he brings in millions of dollars a year from sponsors. Because his competitive superiority scares people away from playing soccer/football casually. :rolleyes:

Apparently talent is bad. Maybe that's why Sakurai hates Kirby now: because the latest Kirby games are so much better than the ones he made. That's probably also why he won't work with HAL.

-Sakurai has claimed the competitive aspect "hurt" the game, when in truth it didn't. Hint: Melee and Brawl are both popular competitively and casually. Besides that, Melee was the game that sky rocketed the series into fame, and it is the most played game competitively by far.

-Prog has stated at the Invitational Sakurai was distant towards the players, and he didn't want to be involved with the Invitational at all. I also am pretty sure that isn't the first time he shrugged off competitive players. He just stuck with his little cliche. At a Japanese Smash 4 Invitational in which top players were present (I'm pretty sure it included aMSa), none of their competitive accomplishments were mentioned.

Meanwhile Prog contrasted it by saying Ono, a top Street Fighter dev, has given him and other competitive players high fives and handshakes and embraces the competitive scene as well as non-competitive players. He also announced the Capcom Cup, which will have a pot across multiple tournaments of over $500,000.

Now please, tell me you would rather have a person like Sakurai than Ono. Please.
For your first point:
True, but I would tend to blame the people who put Sakurai on a pedestal and put incredible value in his opinion because that's a flaw that people should fix. No one should have to be afraid of stating a harmless opinion because some people hold them in too high of a regard.
As for everything else:
You don't agree with Sakurai's opinions and visions for Smash Bros. Good for you. There are a lot of options available to you to do something about that. I would recommend one of those options instead of getting angry at people on the Internet for disagreeing with you.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Uah Smash-4 as if it's better than Brawl. So laughable why people fathom in this game is beyond my vocabulary reach. And to add no one controls a certain game by themselves it's always a majority or they will be crushed to carry a mountain load all by themselves winning tournaments all the time doesn't mean they carry and are only seen to be the leader of an entire game. That's stupid.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I just hate elitism.

"Grrr I play Smash 4! It's new, more characters, better graphics, and all you haters play an outdated piece of ****!"

"Grrr I play Melee and anyone who doesn't is a god damn filthy casual and should die! We are the true Smash game!"

"Grrr I play PM and that is made by the fans for the fans!!! Smash 4 is a toddler game!"

"Grrr Brawl has stuff!"

"Here Smash 64 was the start of it all and all you guys just ain't got skill and are posers! We are the real SSB players!"

All the while those who don't actually subscribe to this elitism are just sitting in the corner, sighing, and not sure why there is so much hate getting flung back and forth.

Let people play their games how they want to play it. If Smash 4 players want to play their game competitively, it's their right. If Melee players want to, it's their right. Trying to deny anyone that right is wrong. Seriously, half of the people who are posting here really paint this community in a bad light. Get off your high horses and learn some humility.

Last edited:

Ndrew

Smash Rookie
If smash 4 wasn't such a "**** you" to the competitive smash community, I would definitely say that we should just drop PM for the good of the community. However, PM is the better competitive game, and we've made it here ourselves without Nintendo. It seems that they're shoving their fists up our asses and we're just saying OK because they made the games we love. **** you nintendo, and rock on competitive smash!

Last edited:

St. Viers

Smash Champion
The point of holding off melee top 8 for the end is to build hype. Most multi-day tourneys try and have their top8s all at the same day rather than just continuing brackets so that people tuning in to Day 2 get the most exciting/high stakes games. Also, even if you think melee shoulda been first (for whatever reason) that doesn't give you leave to act like an asshole in front of the fans/players of the other game.

Omadon

Internal Combustion Power
I try to make a solid distincion between my feelings towards S4 and people who play it. I am angry (understatement) at the way its been created, and the decisions behind how competitive it should be, and in appropriate forums - given the express that rage I shall often take it.

However. However just or correct I feel my anger to be - obviously, I am not the standard by which others should judge. And as someone looking to improve the scene around where I live, I will never take that out on the players. Might proselytize on behalf of PM every now and then. But I seek to be inclusive, and will respond to people taking it too far. Not to mention listen to people claiming that I've done so myself.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
If smash 4 wasn't such a "**** you" to the competitive smash community, I would definitely say that we should just drop PM for the good of the community. However, PM is the better competitive game, and we've made it here ourselves without Nintendo. It seems that they're shoving their fists up our ***** and we're just saying OK because they made the games we love. **** you nintendo, and rock on competitive smash!
If anything it was a lot more in the steps of trying to appeal to the competitive scene given what they removed.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
This is a problem I have seen in numerous other fandoms. I feel like part of it is just how HUGE the Smash community is. Once a fandom becomes as massive and diverse like Smash has, it's always going to cause divergences in the fanbase because there are just so many people with different oppinions. Take Doctor Who for example. We all like to consider ourselves Whovians, but everyone has their own preferences and opinions about the various incarnations of the Doctor, the same way every Smash player has different feelings about each iteration of SSB. When you have THAT many fans, divided on so many opinions, of course arguments and debates are going to arise. And since everyone in the fandom feels so strongly about whatever series is in question, it doesn't take long for arguments to become toxic and violent. Unfortunately, there is probably no way to completely eliminate violent arguing within Smash, or ANY fandom for that matter. However, we CAN try to keep an open mind, and be respectful toward other peoples opinions. And if you disagree with them, then that's totally okay, as long as it's not used as an excuse to venomously attack someones opinion. Hell fandoms are practically built on healthy debates between fans. And like I said, while we will most likely never be able to achieve a totally toxic free environment, we can do the best we can to have fair and reasonable debates and discussions, and remind ourselves that everyone on this forum is here because WE LOVE SMASH!!!!

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
@ Omadon Omadon and @ Zantetsugun Zantetsugun have it dead on. There's no avoiding sibling rivalry (we're Smash Brothers, right?! ...Nevermind), and in fact I think some rivalry is healthy in the right doses. It's fine to feel like one game is better than another, and it's totally within our rights to debate the merits of each game. There's a time and a place, and I think all anybody's really asking for is that it doesn't come out in a form that disrupts someone else's event, and that we all keep in mind that "X is better than Y" is small picture stuff that really shouldn't affect the overall growth of the Smash community.

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
It's not even like we have to agree in the first place. The only problem with some smashers right now is that they flat out disrespect other smashers choices.

Right now, people just need to respect other people. "You play Brawl? Cool. I like 64 more, but Brawl is cool." Boom, problem solved.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
"Grrr Brawl has......."
What Brawl has is A FOUNDATION OF TECH SKILL

What Brawl has is PLATFORM CANCELS

What Brawl has is SHIELD DROPS

What Brawl has is NO NERFS

What Brawl has is BETTER GAME-PLAY

What Brawl has is GOOD STRING COMBOS or string combos that actually effects the damage meter not like a four string combo and is barely doing any damage.

Oh and the move-sets don't lag at the end of a character's move-set, and the shield actually HELPS the character not cripple the character.

Oh and compared to Brawl, people ALREADY want a certain character banned and it hasn't even been a YEAR.

Lastly you should revoke that sentence of yours.

I support every game, BUT SMASH-4! Thanks.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
The reason people want bans already is *because* of the slippery slope brawl started. If people had not gotten MK banned, the chances of people trying to get Diddy banned now would be much lower.

That doesn't change the rest of your argument/opinion (there are too many people who didn't like watching brawl that didn't understand that it did actually take skill), but tripping was insanely stupid, as was the shield properties that made it into the slow paced game people hated to watch (if they were used to melee, anime fighters, etc)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
What Brawl has is A FOUNDATION OF TECH SKILL

What Brawl has is PLATFORM CANCELS

What Brawl has is SHIELD DROPS

What Brawl has is NO NERFS

What Brawl has is BETTER GAME-PLAY

What Brawl has is GOOD STRING COMBOS or string combos that actually effects the damage meter not like a four string combo and is barely doing any damage.

Oh and the move-sets don't lag at the end of a character's move-set, and the shield actually HELPS the character not cripple the character.

Oh and compared to Brawl, people ALREADY want a certain character banned and it hasn't even been a YEAR.

Lastly you should revoke that sentence of yours.

I support every game, BUT SMASH-4! Thanks.
And you brilliantly displayed the level of passion each person has for the Smash game of thier preference. When passion mixes in with emotion and debate; there is sure to be flame wars, salt, and division. Sometimes this manifests itself into a blind passion that lashes out at anyone who says something negative about a certain smash game. This also includes character discussion and, at times, is magnified tenfold in the amount of butt flaming, butthurt, and salt.

The reason people want bans already is *because* of the slippery slope brawl started. If people had not gotten MK banned, the chances of people trying to get Diddy banned now would be much lower.

That doesn't change the rest of your argument/opinion (there are too many people who didn't like watching brawl that didn't understand that it did actually take skill), but tripping was insanely stupid, as was the shield properties that made it into the slow paced game people hated to watch (if they were used to melee, anime fighters, etc)
This. Tripping was a huge bad point for Brawl that overshadowed it's many good qualities.

Last edited:

Karaoke Man

Smash Apprentice
Earlier, someone mentioned that "Melee has always does just fine on their own."

This is simply just...not true. At least not entirely.

If I'm not mistaken, it is only when Melee is put into these tight spots where they want to throw the #Oneunit thing around and "be a Community" all of a sudden, when it's their hand that's dangling on the edge of the cliff. EVO2013 was a perfect example of this. Brawl supported Melee even though they had every single reason NOT to, but they did it anyway; They congradulated you, supported you, endowded you with nothing but respect, but what did Melee do?

They turned around and STILL spat right back in the faces of the very people that unconditionally supported them. That's "#oneunit for ya

Melee has done well for itself over the years, that much is true, but people seem to be quick to forget the people who tried to keep you afloat when your lifeboat started to sink. They NEEDED our help in certain instances and we gave it to them. Brawl did it unconditionally and only wanted a returned respect that was shown towards Melee players, and you're saying that Melee can't even do that? What kind of ****ed up nonsense is that? I don't buy that garbage that people just need to "suck it up", rather it's the opposite; You guys must realize that trust is what is earned, but respect is a courtesy. Like...why is that so hard for some people in this thread to understand? The funny part is that no matter who you are, everyone does understand this, but there are some who still act like they don't because well It's the "cool" thing to do... right?

What's really sad about this Community right now is a lack of consideration. Yes, a very large sanctum of it comes from the Melee side of things, but I won't act like everyone else (regardless of which part of the Community you're in) is innocent either, because majority of the Smash Community still largely suffer from a lot of the same problem(s). Soooo many people are throwing away their integrity to be just like "the crowd" and do the "cool thing" instead of the right thing, even if they themselves don't even understand why people do things like what I described 2 paragraphs above. I hear people saying "you just need to adapt", but here's the problem.

Being asked to adapt, is not the same as being reprimanded to conform.

Senseless Conformity
is the root of the issue(s).

Last edited:
Top Bottom