• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One Button

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
They have been hiding beneath our noses for the longest time. These buttons have been said to rekindle the spirits of veteran Peach mains who have lost all hope. They allow you to do many techniques much more comfortably and precise.

Here is a claim from a well respected Peach main:

Before Illmatic let me in on this miracle I would pluck bombs in middle of tournament and immediately throw them in the downwards direction. I had given up all hope, but then I tried this and I understood why Illmatic moves so God damn fast.
These buttons are none other than -

L / R

afk

WAHAHAHAHAHA!

:troll:

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
This button absolutely changed my life for the better. Illmatic has made me so happy that I just want to shed the manliest tears possible.

P.S. I'm being totally ****ing serious here.

Neon!

Smash Lord
I MAIN DONKEY KONG
AND I CAN'T EVEN TOUCH THE GROUND
WITHOUT IMMEDIATELY WATCHING MY PERCENTAGE REACH NUMBERS UP TO 120
I HATE THIS MATCHUP WHEN HE USES THAT BUTTON

ITS ALSO HIS SECRET TECHNIQUE FOR PULLING TROLL TURNIPS

z00ted

this is officially the best thread ever

z00ted

^noob doesn't know anything about brwalz

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
All you need is one of those buttons to shield, broski.

OMG I just gave Snake the asswhoopin' of a lifetime.

Neon!

Smash Lord
I usually have bad dreams about illmatics turnips

And then I wake up and have to change my pants. :(

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Yo, I alternate between L and R when I shield so my opponent is confused if they try to look at my controller.

mindgames

z00ted

hehehehehehehehehe

uair string is so much fun

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Haha, indeed it is. Never done it before in my life, and started doing it consistently in less than 5 minutes.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Yeah it really does. Although I still use default controls for everything else, the timing of the string and the specific input itself somehow keeps the rest of my technical inputs and control of the character quick and on point, very reminiscent of my better months with her. Hard to describe really. My passion has been reignited.

z00ted

It also really works well for retreating fairs (like what kyon did vs that Luigi) and really quick ground floated nairs (Reaper's Peach Combo Video).

I started doing it about a month ago and it really helps out a ton. It applies some frame traps occasionally with players are falling - uair quickly to bait an airdodge.. read their fall and just nair / fair them :awesome:

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I guess I'll be the odd one out and say that I'm still personally comfortable with doing the rest of those the default way, all I needed this for was for the string and those other creative applications of uair that Illmatic mentioned. Ladies and Gentleman, we've got ourselves a very strong new advancement going on for this character here.

Snakes, DDDs, Wolves, Foxes, and the like will learn to fear us. The rest will be wary of pressuring from above or landing anywhere near us. This is the tool we needed to make this universally applicable by most/all of us and make us that much more of a threat to the big dogs out there. I can feel a good vibe from this one.

z00ted

I think it has the potential to drastically change matchups that weren't previously in our favor. Some that you didn't already mention would be Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Bowser, and Falco too King Beef. For some reason it's also fairly easy to do after a short hop dair on Ness, Samus, and Lucas.

I really want to study more of the physics of the uair string because I've been doing it recently and it works very well (just don't fish for it too much because it becomes blatantly obvious).

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I agree with that, this grants us a significant boost in control over her excellent ability to box and use it more to its full potential. Frame traps and juggles in general can now be extended beyond our previous abilities to do so on most if not all characters, which can grant us some serious hits and damage racking that weren't previously accessible. Her mobility and autocanceling in general can now be controlled at a much greater level of comfort and efficiency than before. Reaper is an excellent example of how a lot of us will be maximizing most of her tools in any given situation with some practice.

I also agree to not fish for the uair string, believe me haha. I've never been a player to blatantly fish for any one thing so that won't be an issue.

And dude...if you catch someone with a hard read uair (whether directly, off of a tech chase, juggle setup, etc.) just to tap them up, and they are at kill percent, and Peach has a fresh u-smash...ohhhhhh man. Easier u-smashes galore, people. :)

z00ted

yeah, exactly.

This is really great because we can get certain characters to their kill percentage and THEN have all of our moves fresh! Oh man, I can't wait to run into a Donkey Kong, Falco, Wolf, etc.

Uair is a really good tool that I feel as though we as Peach mains haven't really tested and applied to it's full potential in our game.

We gotta use it more.

Also - a guaranteed setup for this is if someone is shielding on a platform or whatever.. or just standing on the platform where their back is facing the ledge of the platform (see GIMR's Current Metagame Minute) you can uair their shield until they fall off or it breaks through - keep the uair string going or if they fall off set up a sh dair, rinse and repeat.

I feel as though this is another tool for platform pressure from besides Utilt because it sends out so many more attacks in such a short period of time (makes shield weaker - quicker) compared to the slow and somewhat laggy utilt.

A freefall off of a platform can lead into sooo many nasty things, sweet spotted racket is the best.

Neon!

Smash Lord
Donkey Kong will alwyas beat peach no matter what, I'm going to develop a new technique for Dk where he uses down-b in the air.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Wait... people weren't doing this before? I was under the impression that all Peach players made their unused trigger into jump for more float shenanigans. I have my R set to jump, but I usually do everything with Y and A. I only really use C-stick for SH dair, and the occasional bair when trying to land back on the stage, so I guess I should work on using R more too.

z00ted

Wait... people weren't doing this before? I was under the impression that all Peach players made their unused trigger into jump for more float shenanigans. I have my R set to jump, but I usually do everything with Y and A. I only really use C-stick for SH dair, and the occasional bair when trying to land back on the stage, so I guess I should work on using R more too.
and so it begins!

I just basically made this thread because I was under the impression that some players did not do this (I talked to like four Peach mains that didn't know anything about it), so I made this blog.

Anyways, this thread is probably going to become redundant - so I will propose a challenge.

I want to see who can supply the most uair strings (in friendlies or tournament) in a video, they have to be somewhat impressive ones, not weak like three hitters.

Start trying it out everyone!

This is such a cool floor pattern.

Good job focusing.
It's getting sad Meno, you just can't seem to deliver them like you used to. I appreciate the compliment on the flooring, but sadly this isn't my picture! You can find it on the google images search function :)

Who's the dummy now?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Okay, what are you talking about.

Changing L/R to jump or attack or wha.

I remember Rick recommended something like this when Excel first introduced it, but I already got the craziest control scheme. But if it simplifies it that well, I'll look into it.

Top Bottom