• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One Button

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Set "R" to jump and use your C stick to perform the attacks of the up air. Much more comfortable than using "Y" or "X" as jump and if you don't have springs in your gamecube controller, you can perform it extremely fast.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
It's getting sad Meno, you just can't seem to deliver them like you used to.
No, that wasn't a joke. Unfortunately I've become an art nerd and I notice floor and wall patterns now. And poor photographs.

Don't judge.

Set "R" to jump and use your C stick to perform the attacks of the up air. Much more comfortable than using "Y" or "X" as jump and if you don't have springs in your gamecube controller, you can perform it extremely fast.
Oh gee.

z00ted

I was quoting the part where you said, "Good job focusing" ya doof.

This isn't revolutionary lol, I'm just bringing it up and trying to spark some stuff since this isn't used at all.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Funny thing is, when I was playing wifi earlier, I was trying to use R to jump every time. It's hard to get used to, I'm much more used to doing everything manually, but I sometimes mess up doing it that way, so I figured I should actually start practicing using R.

For SH dair, I still use Y and C-stick down, but during the dair, I hold down R to float, so I can use C-stick more freely. It works pretty well.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
The desperate result of me trying to get good at this game when Colorado holds two tournaments a year.

Nicole

Smash Champion
you guys cant do uair string consistently with default controls?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSERS!!!

z00ted

we will see who the loser is when i uair string you in a peach ditto

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSERS!!!
Can you do it missy? *bats eyes*

I sure as hell can't do it at anything near the speed that I can on this scheme. This **** is like action replay in comparison. xD

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSERS!!!
This

You're all terrible, especially Youmakemeillmatic. I heard he got beaten up by a monkey and also Ken comboed IN BRAWL

Not even B Sticker's let that kind of rubbish happen to them
Simply awful

I remember Rick recommended something like this when Excel first introduced it, but I already got the craziest control scheme. But if it simplifies it that well, I'll look into it.
Ahh I was talking about setting Special to one of the trigger buttons for Free Pulling (tbh though you're better off reading 2link's guide on it and just doing it manually since doing it with Special + C Stick is a bit of a nightmare to do consistently)

I don't fully understand why this is such a big deal though - how to do you guys hold your Control Stick? I've always used to joint of my right thumb to press/hold X for Jump/Float and pressed A with the tip of my right thumb - get 2 buttons with 1 thumb lol

z00ted

this isn't a HUGE deal, I'm aware that a bunch of people know this - I was just recommending it to more players since some people didn't know about it.

I also was bored....

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
...and it unlocked a ****ing maelstrom of destruction just waiting to be unleashed by me, that's what it did.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I use wiichuck and I have always jumped using a trigger. Illmatic should teach me how to Peach.

z00ted

the above statements will be put into action

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
It's really annoying when people constantly say"OH i been doin dat dur move duh huh"
I agree. It's quite annoying when people downplay something that I consider to be very important (even if it's not intentionally). This, in fact, is important.

For one...it revived my interest in this game ten fold because I finally made some significant progress since early 2010 because of it, see: http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=110996

xD

Top Bottom