• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One Piece

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Damn son, baby 5's got a kickass power
hook it up Frankyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Chances are they chase Buffalo with Caeser back to Dressrosa and fight Doflamingo?

Personally, I'd like for there to be a between arc so that Doflamingo has a plan going into it.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
They have so much on their plate right now as far as nemeses, and a never-discounted option of just throwing a new one in, it's pretty much impossible to predict which direction they'll go in after this

oh and
too excited for the giant bazooka to shoot out of the laboratory and all the brokers who are watching are just like "...damn... strawhats"
:D

BBQTV

Smash Master
i was surprised to see that samurai guy dead...

and i was wrong about the elephant BAZOOKA....

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Did you guys notice that luffys hands after hitting ceasar was exposed to smiley gas yet he's ok?

1) haki protects from smiley
2) the whole body has to be covered by smiley
3) you can reverse the effect, which they could bring mr samurai back

:phone:

BBQTV

Smash Master
Have you not been reading the last 600+ chapters of One Piece? Having done so myself, I find it very hard to believe that the Samurai guy is actually dead.
i know what you mean but their is no cure once you get that way at least not yet

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
all I know is that General Frankie will fight said person and capture Ceasar.
then Random Law will come help him and stuff.
oh and GGs Ceasar.

BBQTV

Smash Master
one piece anime is in filler right now. they just got passed fishman island and made it to the new world and they have to rescue a giant named panz fry because he cooks sea king meat over a volcano and luffy wants to try it

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
the boss of the guy with the weird arms and the overall boss of the neo marines is named Z

a former admiral, and the main villain of the next movie

BBQTV

Smash Master
the boss of the guy with the weird arms and the overall boss of the neo marines is named Z

a former admiral, and the main villain of the next movie
so thats why they made a big deal about it, it seemed very out of place that they made a big deal about him

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Hm, I always figure animes should consider having movies made that are canon to the story. You just sort of attach them to some mid points or after certain arcs. You might hear references in the manga to them and what not.

BBQTV

Smash Master
since the japanese get L and R mixed up do you think it is supposed to zolo and not zorro?

BBQTV

Smash Master
but with japanese anything that is L gets said as R so might actually supposed to be zolo and not zoro

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Doesn't the Japanese alphabet not distinguish between those two sounds? That may be really ignorant but I think it's the case that there is simply no differentiation between the two spellings cuz if you're Japanese, it's the same thing.

Just roll the 'r' and you'll sound right ;)

:phone:

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
Regardless, his name is ゾロ, and the official English translation has always been Zoro. Anything any dub has ever done is inconsequential.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Anything any dub has ever done is inconsequential
exactly. We could, conceivably, be unable to pronounce their r/l because we have to choose one, and theirs is neither. English pronunciation is wrong both ways, is it not? The English spelling would be too, then

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I'd like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that it is "Vergo" and not "Virgo." The latter is still, for some reason the first suggestion when I search "Vice Admiral-" on Google.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
exactly. We could, conceivably, be unable to pronounce their r/l because we have to choose one, and theirs is neither. English pronunciation is wrong both ways, is it not? The English spelling would be too, then
Both Zoro and Zolo would be ゾロ in Japanese, so one could, conceivably, use either one. However, Oda and the anime staff have always written his name as Zoro, so the correct spelling (and pronunciation) is Zoro. Changing it to Zolo in the dub was more than likely just to avoid any possible Zorro lawsuits.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Also, the correct name is Alubida.
I remember I saw it once somewhere in Fullbody's boat.
I'll have to look for it again.

BBQTV

Smash Master
when crocodile used espada i dont think the "espada" existed in bleach yet

Top Bottom