• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Only in Niagara II - November 8 - St.Catharines, Ontario #Can be unstickied#

buenob

Smash Lord
Count me in, barring some catastrophic event I"ll be there, and count my partner in crime retlaf in as it looks like team KingAce is once again ready to take on the real thing ;)

if needed I can bring wii + brawl, but it looks like there's plenty of those... also I definitely require housing... niagra is _not_ toronto! lol

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
So I noticed Pictochat for a counter? Poor choice my friend. The area effects that damage cover a large portion of the stage and can really f*ck you up.

I'm not fond of the Luigi's choice but I'll tolerate it. Pictochat is far to hazerdous though... imho.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
My house is too far, but I think my Grandma is gone in Nov. So some ppl can stay there. I can't guarantee it, but I will get back ASAP whether its a go or not.

LOL PICTOCHAT. Aahahhahaha I am gonna start playing that map, I love it when ppl get ***'d over.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
Im part of the ottawa region, ill be going as long as I can get a ride. Ill also need housing thx. I can bring wii+brawl and some power bars. Not sure about doubles yet.

I dont really like the infinite bans, although its not something I count on. Is the reasoning for banning just because of the 'stalling'? You seemed to ban Yoshis pivot CG on wario but pivotting requires moving right(you said moving CG are allowed)?

"C"let

Smash Journeyman
So I noticed Pictochat for a counter? Poor choice my friend. The area effects that damage cover a large portion of the stage and can really f*ck you up.

I'm not fond of the Luigi's choice but I'll tolerate it. Pictochat is far to hazerdous though... imho.
lawl man you gotta play our guy bentobox in this stage it's his ultimate stage not because he plays well there but you can say the stage just loves him and it will **** you up in any way possble just to let him win =S

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
This needs to be postpwned like a month and ten days!!!! :laugh:
Naw, have fun guys. You should also probably make a thread in the canada section.

I hope ottawa/montrealers would be interested in still coming down to a toronto tourney in december as well...

P.S: I finally get to play the people out here at a biweekly this weekend, these kids won't know what hit em...

IvanEva

Smash Ace
* STANDING INFINITES ARE BANNED

Marth's CG on Ness/Lucas.

You can still:

-CG regularly, any CG where you move forward actually. Even the "walking infinites" That DDD has on Bowser and DK are allowed, so long as you need to walk forward to perform it again. Just nothing that can be used to stall the match.

-Hit someone out of a grab release, such as Marth's grab > fsmash on Ness/Lucas

-Standing CGs that are escapable eventually, ie. Pika on Fox.
I'm a bit confused on the rules concerning the Marth chaingrab on Lucas. To chain grab him he has to move forward a tiny bit so is it banned or not? As well, assuming he doesn't have to move forward somehow, if he grabs twice and then forward smashes will the player be disqualified for having grabbed twice first? If it's just a warning that they'd be getting how is that rule really going to be inforced?

PND

Smash Champion
So we currently have a full carload from Ottawa.

PNDMike
Buenob
Retlaf
Fox
IvanEva

(This post is a stealthy *subscribed* post)

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Runawayfire-Do you honestly think Brawl is going to have a good or better run in the competitive scene than Melee did? You do realize that the people who MATTER have stopped playing Brawl, and the people who do matter that are playing are only playing it for the money, right?

Have a nice day.

buenob

Smash Lord
lol

seriously... people who matter?? go take your elitist opinion and find those guys who matter... maybe they'll be your friend if they see how much you care about their views about some video games...

this is a thread signing up for a tournament so obviously everyone here enjoys brawl enough to want to meet more people who also enjoy brawl and see who's better... you're just causing **** for no reason...

when i go over to some friends places, they have items on and are having a blast... they play seriously to win, and enjoy the game with items... who am I to say that they are playing a worse game because of the settings because they all agree to the rules and are competing under them... and more importantly if I were to tell them that, I wouldn't be welcome there anymore

if you're playing smash to be popular, you obviously have a skewed view on what people around you actually think of you...

games are games, ie fun... people who 'matter' can go **** themselves

Percon

Smash Lord
How do you define someone who matters, hm?

To me, anyone who wants to play, who has the will to get better or that simply has a positive attitude can only do good for the community. Almost everybody matters. But people who don't play the game... they don't matter. Why should they? Because they played Melee? Brawl has a new scence with new players. It's fresh. Who knows how long it will last, but as of right now there's a bigger Canadian Brawl scence than Melee.

So... yeah.

---

Anyway, about the infinites, I just want to ban the DDD/Marth/Yoshi infinites since it makes certain characters way too easy to counterpick against. The reason I want to do this is because:

1) I know (almost) nobody attending will to this anyway

2) There will be many new players there, who've never been to a tourney before... if they happen to play one of those characters, I wouln't want them to lose like that. I want the newbies to stay and then later find out that stuff later.

Also, I'll explain stages in a bit (as well as clarify on the infinites in the first post). Pictochat is def. counterpick though.

Voidious

Smash Apprentice
You would think that Canada would be S-m-a-r-t and would stop hosting Brawl tournaments seeing as Canada is such a really cool place.

Guess I was wrong about Canada.

enjoy it while you can fellas, Brawl is on its way out. :)
Tip: trolling is supposed to be about 500x more subtle than this.

PND

Smash Champion
The only thing more annoying than arrogant smash n00bs? Arrogant melee elitists. Adapt or gtfo.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
So we currently have a full carload from Ottawa.

PNDMike
Buenob
Retlaf
Fox
IvanEva

(This post is a stealthy *subscribed* post)
Im Fox on that list btw, just so you dont put me twice.

I'm a bit confused on the rules concerning the Marth chaingrab on Lucas. To chain grab him he has to move forward a tiny bit so is it banned or not? As well, assuming he doesn't have to move forward somehow, if he grabs twice and then forward smashes will the player be disqualified for having grabbed twice first? If it's just a warning that they'd be getting how is that rule really going to be inforced?
Actually Marth doesnt have to move at all. This grab is just literally hold shield and mash A as fast as you can. It just so happens that when I do it against you, you sometimes break free too far away. That usually means Ive messed it up.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
You would think that Canada would be S-m-a-r-t and would stop hosting Brawl tournaments seeing as Canada is such a really cool place.

Guess I was wrong about Canada.

enjoy it while you can fellas, Brawl is on its way out. :)
Kay. Have fun at your Melee tournaments.

Just stay the **** out of the Brawl topics :)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Runawayfire-Do you honestly think Brawl is going to have a good or better run in the competitive scene than Melee did? You do realize that the people who MATTER have stopped playing Brawl, and the people who do matter that are playing are only playing it for the money, right?

Have a nice day.
I SUPPORT MELEE

but also think that when you post anti-brawl posts it fuels their desire to play brawl more because then it's not only playing brawl for amusement but also to spite people like you

the best thing you can do is ignore them tbh

have a nice day

PND

Smash Champion
Jiggz fever 'cuz of my wicked matches against Wolfblade at ToS? Lol. Doesn't surprise me. Those were epic. I'm epic >_>

I still wish we could've played when I was down in Niagara last, but oh well.

Out of curiosity, which 3 of you are Jiggsified now?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
i miss the old kirby

back when he was a multicoloured condom that performed oral sex

now he can like fight

what in satan's glorious name is up with that?

PND

Smash Champion
Wolfblade: YES! Poketier FTW! I remember our conversations about why you abandoned Jiggs -_- Now you play the full poketier, eh?

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Wolfblade: YES! Poketier FTW! I remember our conversations about why you abandoned Jiggs -_- Now you play the full poketier, eh?
Nah I only bust out Jiggs to bother people. I still don't like the lack of headband... though my Jiggs is fairly good.

Lucario, Pika, PT, Fox (he's like vulpix if she had a gun).

buenob

Smash Lord
I feel I have a skewed view of jiggs 'cause ROB rolls her over and performs lewd acts... all in all a great char but I never could play her properly (in any smash game)

Percon

Smash Lord
Hopefully you can, we'd love having you. Also, we still have never played a singles match. We should MM or something. Ask "C"let if he's still got room.

KingAce

Smash Ace
lol we should get seibrik AKA snakekiller to come to this i doubt he would though

Top Bottom