• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Power Rankings: Updated 02/04/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Shin~

Smash Apprentice
1. Duke
2. Foosjr
3.Tommy/timmy (but only in teams)
4. Russel (Buzzed)
5. Milk
6 Russel (sober)
7. Jesse/Balloon/MCS/Cmin
8. Binx
9. Peach Master
10. Russel (Drunk)
11. Ronin

See what I did there?
Lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

yes I did laugh because i'm not on the list.

edit:

omgggg i'm a smash child.

Okay, so he is better than Tudios and OC and them?
Finding who is better or worst isn't a rating of if your better than one other person
its determined by a whole, I.E

Tommy vs 1,2,3,4,5, but bad against 6,7,8,9,10
Wheras Tudios is good against 2,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, and bad against 1,3

in this regard tudios is better.

Judgments on where people are on the PR list is a job best suited for the actual judges, not me or anyone else.
Course, PM's with hard facts are 'always' good ways to influence judges.
I say PM's because, if you PM you get one-on-one time without drama. Judges listen when you PM, otherwise its easy to think of a post as a random flame.

and if you all knew that, then I guess uhh...
Hi!

/presents taco

Balloon

Smash Lord
Yes, at any time if you feel like you're out of place on the list, then you should contact me or another panelist via PM or AIM to discuss it. But, don't come to me if you don't have anything to back up your claim.

Binx

Smash Master
Milk isn't on the list because I have never played him hense the line in there that says it that way, so what are people loling about? which placement is so far off?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
When did Oregon become so sardonic on the boards? Come on guys, let's be a bit more positive in our responses.

Balloon

Smash Lord
There's a reason for that, Binx. All of the panelists agree Tommy should be up there, but he just hasn't been to an at least semi-large event and placed well at one. It's just that ;/.

T0MMY

Smash Master
(agrees with less sardonic posts)
Justin, they obviously don't understand that your list was compiled from a person who plays mostly Portland players. Leaving Milk off was an odd question because most people ask "who is Milk?" not that they're wondering why he's not on a top 10 players list.
People shouldn't look at any one list as a complete picture, but see it as a puzzle for the Panelists to put together.
I happen to agree with Jesse's proposition of letting everyone who attends tournaments regularly to have a say in this.
Either way it's the same, everyone will complain until it changes anyway. Like why I'm not on there... ;^p

Yes, at any time if you feel like you're out of place on the list, then you should contact me or another panelist
l like we're out of place?
I asked Jesse and he said he'd put me somewhere on the top 5. No updates since?

There's a reason for that, Binx. All of the panelists agree Tommy should be up there, but he just hasn't been to an at least semi-large event and placed well at one. It's just that ;/.
I haven't gotten a response as to what place I had at OSU III, that's the only tourney I've played at recently as I was doing OoS play and such.

So are we going to be adding in doubles as a way to help depend our rank?
I'd love to see a doubles PRL section added after the singles.
Also, we could have all tournament results kept here for easy viewing instead of having to go to all the threads containing them.

I wish I could be on there, but I haven't been to ANY recent tourneys. I wish my parents would let me get out more...
Attend a tournament. I'm sure you'd make it on there, but nobody has played you recently so nobody has any idea where to place you.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
l like we're out of place?
I asked Jesse and he said he'd put me somewhere on the top 5. No updates since?

Attend a tournament. I'm sure you'd make it on there, but nobody has played you recently so nobody has any idea where to place you.
Yes yes.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
No you're not eggz wouldn't say something like I am egzgggzzzz you must be his evil twin. And Kevin you should have a tournament at your house lol that way you wouldn't have to leave to go and your parents would be like argggg there's sooo much noise I can't take it anymore, you can go to tournaments elsewhere now.

Binx

Smash Master
when is the next tournament around here? I haven't been playing enough smash lately!
There is always Eugene weeklies, I am sure you could try and organize a regular dorm tourney. Also PK3 should exist at some point in time again soonish. Oh and OSM for events questions this is for PR discussion and for nominating Foos as president of Oregon.

Binx

Smash Master
Taco is delicious

- When he becomes president he will raise the minimum basement ceiling height by 8 feet to fit his amazing physique anywhere he chooses.

~Shin~

Smash Apprentice
pwnt!

F00z you better be coming to the wintah tourny, and bringing a big bag of pretzolahs (Atleast I think that is one thing everyone can eat.. -cough- vegans -cough-)

FoosJr

Smash Ace
Binx you can be the vice president. Jesse already has secretary of defense lol jesse's a secretary. and yea Shin I'll bring pretzels.

Binx

Smash Master
The president can do whatever he wants, so how often do you guys plan to update this? will performances at Dan2 matter? and I am guess this doesn't matter too much but should milk be on there when he hasn't been attending any tournaments lately?

@ Juce - you said that PK should effect this since you and Minh were there, did you guys discuss at all?

Balloon

Smash Lord
Dan 2 should matter, but that's definitely something to discuss.

Milk has been to one of the last three tournaments that we've based this on, and so have many of the other players on there. He's going to SF:E Winter for sure, so that will help with his positioning.

Nobody mentioned anything to me yet about PK being a part of this PR, but it would make sense if you're getting decent turnout.

cmin

Smash Ace
The president can do whatever he wants, so how often do you guys plan to update this? will performances at Dan2 matter? and I am guess this doesn't matter too much but should milk be on there when he hasn't been attending any tournaments lately?

@ Juce - you said that PK should effect this since you and Minh were there, did you guys discuss at all?

yeah russel for prez.

jankerrific

Smash Journeyman
pks turnout was pretty good, and i think everyone there besides myself and reno were top 15, so i think some things should be discussed.

Binx

Smash Master
EDIT: In regard to PK tournaments.

We had 8 people, one from Reno again, was pretty fun, Jesse, Russel, Gage, and myself make them every time though, thats 4 of the top 15, I guess it isn't really enough to move people up too far but Jesse at least can gage the rest of us pretty well now that he plays us more frequently, also Minh came to the last one, I havn't played Milk but I don't think he should be that high if he doesn't attend regularly, same with George, I know he wrecks me but Gage is pretty confident that he can beat George again, you should have to stay active to be on this list (except MCS because he is obviously first) but the rest are too hard to place because they were never so much better than other people that they couldn't be usurped with a little regular practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom