• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Power Rankings: Updated 02/04/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

T0MMY

Smash Master
You need to edit this so t!mmy is sponsor, and add me as the fourth panelist.
Let's work things out for the better now.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Bart, why are we not listed t!mmy/t0mmy for fourth panelist?

~Shin~

Smash Apprentice
OMFG I R 9NTH PL@CE!? F***ING PR BAAAAAH!!!!!!

grats on getting this thing rolling again.
quite good quite good.!

/tea and crumpets

Binx

Smash Master
I'm not going to suck this weekend guys, Im gonna eat a healthy breakfast and maybe get some sleep and I am gonna win at least 3 sets this time lols.

cmin

Smash Ace
would anyone thats not higher than me in PR or from WA like a money match?

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
milk is in the top 10 in oregon?
he lives like 15 minutes away from me. I cant believe we've been in the same crew for like 4 years and he never told me he lives in oregon. this is nuts.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Maybe if you read the big red disclaimer you'd have at least a small explanation on that matter?

Rage.

Smash Ace
Anything in big red disclaimers are just more johns
even if its about johning.

Where did all the fun loving smashers go?
T0mmy, Brdy and Aftermath.

Who the **** is number 4?

Balloon

Smash Lord
Pretty sure we're all fun loving smashers, but...

Brady went back to WA for college.

T0mmy still plays, he just did badly at the tournament we went by.

Aftermath moved to WA.

Number 4 is a good player.

You have been gone for over a month man... Go to The Finger Bang this saturday.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Why don't you check the OSM, the central thread for the Oregon smash community?

Also, why don't you get on AIM?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
By the way, what place did t0mmy get at OSU III? I thought he did better at me first since he was still playing tourney games after I was eliminated, but I ended up getting fifth somehow.

When I went to check the results, everything was screwed up and the brackets showed me fighting Shin first round and being eliminated by t0mmy in loser's bracket.

Balloon

Smash Lord
He got like very close to last Timmy. I think he beat one person, then played Lucius and lost, then played me and lost.

Anyway, he will go up if he does well enough in future tournaments for us panelists to discuss a placement for him. You know that.

I believe he's good enough to be up there, but by following the general idea of PR lists, we can't put a player up who doesn't have some sort of proof to back up their position. You know that...

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
You know that.
You know that...
Thank you for telling me what I know, but I wasn't discussing t0mmy's placement in the Power Rankings. Just wondering his placement in the tournament since it was never posted.

And: what about listing both t0mmy and myself as a single panelist?

Balloon

Smash Lord
What about responding to either the PM I sent you or the response I originally gave you in this thread?

Was that decided on? I don't think it was.
Besides that anyway, I don't see how it would be different from listing just one of you as a panelist. If we listed you both as a single panelist then I could just list myself with Andy as well, no? It has the same effect whether Andy/Tommy are listed or not. It's not like Tommy wouldn't be able to already affect your opinion on things.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
It's not that he affects my opinion, it's that we share the same one, read each other's minds, and when one of us stubs his toe the other feels it! :laugh:

I responded to your PM, which was me saying that I would respond to your posts here.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Yeah, I know. You clever man.

Anyway, i don't currently see a reason to have a "hybrid" between the two of you. In the future if a fifth panelist is needed, we can just take a vote on who it should be, and it would likely be Tommy.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Actually, I think I'd be better fit as a sponsor than a panelist. Yes, this means I'm declinding the 4th panelist spot.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Are you just assuming that you can have the "sponsor" position? Kenpachi was the original sponsor. I don't think he should necessarily be removed. He's a tournament organizer, and so are you. Contact him and work it out, and if he doesn't want to have his name up there and is willing to give you the spot, then I'll change it.

As for your declination of the fourth panelist spot, read my post in the OSM.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I would think you'd want me to endorse this thread, seeing as I would like to contribute to it in some way. Especially considering I've been the most active host in Oregon over the last two years. But, you're right, it's better to discuss things with Kenpachi. Once I figure out his AIM, that is.

jankerrific

Smash Journeyman
the only time i have ever seen a runner up default to a position is in little miss sunshine, cause the pageant winner was a drug user lolol.

if you want to compare this to politics who becomes president when that said person steps down, or is assassinated or for any given reason? its not the runner up, its another member of his cabinet and right hand man, the VP baby. another elected official that made the cut first time around.

i dont think its fair for it to just default to tommy, especially with how sensitive this whole topic has been.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
That is absolutely ridiculous and irresponsible to just withdraw from the position - ESPECIALLY after ALL the bullshit that was endured just to get yourself on - and then to try and move to a different part of the ladder. And tommy being your twin and all, with your extremely fallible argument about the whole one entity mind and whatever, you'd technically still be a panelist with influence over tommy. Which is completely stupid.

This is the second time now that you've shown great irresponsibility with regard to the community. Both events have been recent. Time spent in the community means nothing in terms of logical reasoning, and is especially irrelevant and harmful to your argument if you're headed downhill.

T0MMY

Smash Master
would anyone thats not higher than me in PR or from WA like a money match?
(raises hand)
Easy money, I'm not even ranked.

Whats astonishing is how funny that list is.
it made me chuckle quite a bit.
Where the hell is T0MMY?
he quit too?
It's not supposed to be funny, Rage. Although, you weren't the only one to think it was a joke.
(sighs) That was one of the disputes I had with the list. I was like... strange, I'm not on there, but I was told the list was determined by two selected events, so I guess it made sense...
But I have put in question if there was even a need for Panelists if all they were going to do was post results to a tournament, I mean, the OSU III thread already had that info. I'd like to see a list that reflects how the players rank within the borders of our region in matchups, and also OoS matchups, not just post tourney data.

Josh:
t1mmy was never in that position, he wasn't even asked to be in that position, so it's not like he's withdrawing from a position he had responsibility to.
BTW, that was not my argument about being one entity, that was t1mmy, and I think he was being silly when he said that.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Dude. I don't have a problem with not being on there because I didn't attend OSU III. I know I would have made the list easy; it doesn't bother me. It makes sense. It's just a list. (I think NorCal does it with a point system.) Johnny's attempt at displaying a haughty attitude about not being on there is totally silly.

"But I have put in question if there was even a need for Panelists if all they were going to do was post results to a tournament"

That is not what they did.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Man this is getting pretty ridiculous. I say we just have this final vote for a revote. Then we have the revote. Then we are done with this. It isn't going to hurt anyone to have another revote. It's just going to take some time, but it is also taking a mess load of time just so you can all argue. So lets just have the revote and then be done with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom