• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Bi-weeklies, because illegal gambling is perfectly legal

Fogel

Smash Lord
League site updated with some results (and with coding from the early 2000s instead of the mid 90s).

crazy update 1: i will join the melee league next season :)
crazy update 2: get that scrub lolimar out of my secondaries, and replace him with diddy plz
crazy update 3: remilia scarlet will be leaving for japan again tomorrow morning, dunno if he told you but he'll be gone again (sad face)
I may be mid/low tier Ottawa, so I might be wrong, but IMO you need to stick with your secondaries and develop them instead of just dropping them when they don't do well right away.

Randy, teach me :roymelee:.

So I can stop losing, lol.
Mindgames into F-smash a lot :)

arsenic41

Smash Ace
crazy update 2: get that scrub lolimar out of my secondaries, and replace him with diddy plz
I ****ING CALLED THAT ****!

Randy, teach me :roymelee:.

So I can stop losing, lol.
I see that you are ready to walk the path of the fire young one. It is a long and difficult path to walk. You will lose alot, and you will have your doubts. But yeh your soul be wary, through the fire and the flames you must carry on.

AND EVEN WHEN THAT IS TOO MUCH TO HANDLE!!!!! I shall teach you the MOST DEVINE secret of the fire.

AND THAT SECRET IS!!

use fox

buenob

Smash Lord
mostly, i decided i needed to pick up a "top tier" character, and olimar isn't it... unfortunately neither is rob... diddy, snake, d3, MK, wario, falco... that's really all there was at pound4... you can expect me to pick them all up as quickly as I can (ie. not very quick because i don't put that much time into it lol)

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
Actually he has fire fox(not the browser :p). One of the best recoveries in the game. Although recent results show that you should be playing Jigglypuff and just backair your way to victory.

PND

Smash Champion
Is there going to be anything this Friday? I'm not going to Montreal, and I don't think Riley is going either. Is there enough people to host anything? I still need to get my Brawl league matches in with whoever is not in my immediate crew. . . and a couple Melee league matches too

BC AL

Smash Journeyman
Is there going to be anything this Friday? I'm not going to Montreal, and I don't think Riley is going either. Is there enough people to host anything? I still need to get my Brawl league matches in with whoever is not in my immediate crew. . . and a couple Melee league matches too
is there some big event going down this friday other than Fogel's Biweekly?,
Well you promised way back in fall last year that we were going to get some melee matches down XD Even though we re not in the same league, we can play some intense friendlies, so ya im coming this friday :p
Moar melee players are coming this time (Me, Cman, BL!TZ and hopefully Chlor0form)

buenob

Smash Lord
i will be going to fogels for the bi-weekly friday night (prev. thought i was busy), hopefully we can get some games in mike (and maybe team? lol)

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
I'd rather not be in a biweekly/round robin anyways. tbh I want to play games other than brawl for bit... maybe even melee

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'm probably going to be coming out if there's something. I could use the practice anyway. And playing something other than Brawl exclusively might be nice, but hey. As for reviving Melee...screw that, revive Smash 64, biatch. :laugh:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Nah, you're suggesting it went anywhere. I mean, where's the Street Fighter Alpha revival? Hm, must be due to Street Fighter IV being out. That sort of thing would never happen with a fighting game like that these days...oh wait. :chuckle:

Fogel

Smash Lord
I hate to crush everyone's hopes and dreams for this Friday, but I'm going to be busy, so there will be no smashfest or biweekly at my place. The Friday after will be a biweekly.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
I hate to crush everyone's hopes and dreams for this Friday, but I'm going to be busy, so there will be no smashfest or biweekly at my place. The Friday after will be a biweekly.
lolowned

pokemon rumble

BC AL

Smash Journeyman
aww...i was so looking forward to going this week...:/ hahaha its kool i guess
so theres only 2 weeks left to finish the league matches then since this week is canceled? :(

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
^^Like SF2?

...is there room for pokeymanz?

@Mike- Since we never played, can I at least have a 2/3 set with you? And also, I'll say it: what prompted this final step?

buenob

Smash Lord
i would say a combination of not enjoying the game enough to want to get better, coupled with the fact that the only people he really has to pley against do... it's an unfortunate combination, but it happens

PND

Smash Champion
Ben's exactly right.

I don't enjoy Brawl, I haven't really enjoyed it for months. I have absolutely no drive to get better at a game that I don't enjoy.

But I really enjoy Melee. So I'll probably still be showing up to fests and biweeklies for friendlies and lulz. . . but I won't be playing Brawl. (Unless you guys beg me for Snake practice)

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
But what made you decide to just come out and say it? Judging by the size of the text, I'm inclined to believe that something happened.

And also, where does this leave the PR?

buenob

Smash Lord
i'll let mike tell it, but i was there, and there was an incident, not really a big one but I know how he feels... i feel like that when I play Tect/kage/chet in melee

but I am going to be playing more melee :) I can already beat mike/bryant -- ph33r meh!

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I frankly just want to know wtf went on. Like seriously PND, hit me up on MSN or AIM or something because going solely off what's here on the boards it's coming across as being something that I'm sure it's not.

BC AL

Smash Journeyman
Not my :jigglypuff:

And you still haven't played my :shiek: , which I feel is even better than my :marth:
i really want to play against this puff of yours XD

Fogel, just to tell you...PROBABLY some people are dropping out of the league...:( not me though :p
Charlesz says he probably will have to
I am not sure if SecretofMana is going to too (hes considering it...)

Fogel

Smash Lord
Due to this week being cancelled, the league's officially extended by another week. I'll update the rules post shortly.

Sorry to hear you're quitting, Mike, but I can sympathize with getting tired of a game. I'm curious to hear the story too, but I won't prod. It makes more sense to spend time on games you enjoy! :)

i really want to play against this puff of yours XD

Fogel, just to tell you...PROBABLY some people are dropping out of the league...:( not me though :p
Charlesz says he probably will have to
I am not sure if SecretofMana is going to too (hes considering it...)
Thanks for the warning; I'll wait for confirmation before removing anyone though.

Top Bottom