• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Melee Thread - Updated Summer 2016 Power Rankings!

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Sounds legit! I'd be interested in coming.

Can we get other confirmations? If 10+ people total go I'd go for sure.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Just took the day off work on that day. I'm confirmed and I should be there around 12:30ish.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
He doesn't really play. But he heard I was in town and got in contact with me. I could go next week, but I hardly think it's worth travel/venue fee if there aren't going to be a decent number of smashers there.

Wak can't come on Saturdays because he works.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Ottawa sucks at commitment. No wonder you haven't seen much regular smash--and therefore have not improved in skill level as a region!

If 4 of you (yes, arbitrary number) post by midnight tonight confirming yourselves, I'll go and see you guys tomorrow. Otherwise, we need to step it way up! Geez!

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Ottawa sucks at commitment. No wonder you haven't seen much regular smash--and therefore have not improved in skill level as a region!

If 4 of you (yes, arbitrary number) post by midnight tonight confirming yourselves, I'll go and see you guys tomorrow. Otherwise, we need to step it way up! Geez!
You are right on the money. The scene is pretty much dead right now and other than the last Gaming Ottawa, I've been to every single event and all the smashfest possible in the last few months ( which isn't many ). It kills me when people post " I might be coming"; and "You might see me there", and then they don't show up. Ever.

Parralax

Smash Rookie
Hello,

If anyone wants to play, I'm new and looking to get some practice in. Unfortunately I work quite a bit, but I am generally availible for a few hours on weekends (morning or afternoon) and I can play in the evening throughout the week but I do have an early bed time because I get up very early everyday. So I dont like to stay up past 10 usually.

Anyhow, if interested message me and we can figure something out.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Hello,

If anyone wants to play, I'm new and looking to get some practice in. Unfortunately I work quite a bit, but I am generally availible for a few hours on weekends (morning or afternoon) and I can play in the evening throughout the week but I do have an early bed time because I get up very early everyday. So I dont like to stay up past 10 usually.

Anyhow, if interested message me and we can figure something out.
Agreed. I have played with Parralax twice now and have had fun.

Also, I am actually available to host (I live near Lees station) but the problem is that I don't have a tv/console setup. I mean, I have a widescreen but you know how those lag... so if any of you can actually bring those, yeah, I can host.

I'm free during weekdays for the next two weeks and after that I get busy, so let's take advantage!

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I'd like to play vs you Diakonos
Yeah? PM me sometime. Or, even better, host a small smashfest sometime!
Yo Manuel are you coming to Impulse?
Hey Mikey, I'd like to come, but logistically, I'm not sure how it'd work since I don't drive. My gf and I work Mon-Fri full time, so busing to Toronto is technically possible on Friday, but busing back to Ottawa at 11pm+ on Sunday night is just not going to be worth it!

How are you getting there?

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Lees is literally one stop away from me but my 13" TV is a bit bulky in the back (yay 2000s) so I don't think it would exactly fit in my backpack and it's likely to just lean out of my arms. I can for sure bring a GameCube and 100% Melee card, though.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Hey alan and Diakonos I'm free tomorrow for the whole day and I am able to host/come to your place. Alan if you want to play tomorrow, bring your gamecube to Diak' place and I'll be there.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Kay, well my number is seven 78 - three22 fifty-two 61. If anything's going on, shoot me a text!

Ministry

Smash Ace
im always down to play. free most mornings and im off sat and sun.

played diakonos today. it was fun 3 stocking him over and over....

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if Parralax is interested in hosting? He has enough room for 4. Could do doubles.

Top Bottom