• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OU Tournament: The Land Before Dreams (Completed! Congratulations to Xonar!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
SV and have already agreed through VMs to play at 9PM EDT tomorrow. soooo.....

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
SV and have already agreed through VMs to play at 9PM EDT tomorrow. soooo.....
Round 1 is from April 15th to April 22nd. Matches must all be completed by 4 PM EDT on April 22nd. (Just using that as a marker since it's about 4 PM now, and that gives you almost exactly 7 days to complete matches.)
It's said 4 PM was the deadline since I posted up the round information, so I don't know why you'd plan times for 9 PM. Nevertheless, because it is a bit of an awkward time and because I don't want everyone dropping out or winning by default in the first round, I'll extend the deadline to 11:59 PM EDT. No more extensions, though. In the future I'll put less of an odd time for the round end.

As for Bing and Xonar, if you've made an effort to get in contact with your opponent and have gotten no response, and you've contacted me in some way and let me know, which both of you have, then you'll win by default (and your opponent will not receive the participation postbit). Not the preferable way to go, but I don't want to punish people for being paired up with somebody who didn't keep up with the deadline.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
My battle with Werekill was 20 minutes ago but he hasnt showed yet...

Edit: 30 minutes.
Oh hi, you never scheduled an exact time. You said "thursday night," so don't try to make my not-showing-upness look worse by implying that we set an exact time.

Anyway, I completely forgot this, and since friday, my only "pc" has been my phone. I'll have to take the loss.

_Indivisibility_

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
All right, a bit of a disappointing turnout for the first round...apologies to everyone who has to be dropped, hopefully this next round will go better.

Werekill, because you're active and are simply unable to play this round, you'll just take the loss and stay in the loser's bracket. The other two inactives, because I've heard nothing from them, will be replaced by the first two replacements in our queue, Circa and Majority.

Bracket for Round 2:

Schedule your matches ASAP. I'd really like to see everybody complete their matches this round.

Deadline is April 30th at 11:59 PM EDT.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Riddle won 2-1 in three of the most closest and sand veil saltiest games and I'll never ever join a ****ing tournament with Garchomp legal.

Who the **** thought that was a good idea, anyway?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Sorry being a bit late today with the bracket for next round, but here we go. Werekill, since you've had trouble with outside conflicts, I've dropped you out of the tournament giving Majority a bye. Hopefully the next tournament will hit at a better time for you.

Since I heard nothing from Circa and Wave, I'm dropping the two of them and putting in alberto as a replacement.

Here's the bracket:

So the matches are:

WINNER'S BRACKET:
Riddle vs. UltiMario

LOSER'S BRACKET:
alberto1866 vs. Bing
Majority vs. Xonar

These matches will take place from today, May 1st, until May 8th at 11:59 PM EDT. Get in contact with your opponent and get the matches done, I'd really like not to have any more dropouts.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Did nobody get their matches done?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Riddle has had terybad internet recently, so we're only going to get matches done today or tomorrow.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Well, since we can't really carry on with nobody having completed their matches, I'll extend the deadline a week and give you guys another week to get your matches done.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I no longer have computer access, and likely won't for the next 2 weeks.

We will see if I get computer access back soon, but its not likely.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I don't have my tournament team on my smart phone.

Bing

Smash Master
Download the scanner for QTR(?) codes

Open the team on your computer, go to plugins, then click the option that mentions QTR code A window will open with the qtr box scan thingy, scan it with your phone

Profit
Oh wait, to scan it, open Pokemon online on your phone and click import team then the QTR option.

I dont know if you know this, but to anywho doesnt, now you do.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
So umm, about this tournament...

btw what are the prizes? (What places get what) Just curious lol
Yeah, I was debating what to do about the tournament since only one pair of three completed their matches, there are no replacements left, and we therefore can't really proceed unless at least one other pair completes their match, unless we want to just establish a winner at this point, which would be a bit of a letdown.

As for prizes, Master Ball is 1st, Ultra is 2nd, Great is 3rd, Poké is participation.

I no longer have computer access, and likely won't for the next 2 weeks.

We will see if I get computer access back soon, but its not likely.
At this point, it seems like the best thing we have to do is extend the deadline for matches again anyway, so we can at least see if you have the opportunity to do the matches.

Download the scanner for QTR(?) codes

Open the team on your computer, go to plugins, then click the option that mentions QTR code A window will open with the qtr box scan thingy, scan it with your phone

Profit
Oh wait, to scan it, open Pokemon online on your phone and click import team then the QTR option.

I dont know if you know this, but to anywho doesnt, now you do.
If he doesn't have computer access, though, that method won't work.

-----

If you saw what was posted here, scratch what I just said, I realized that I forgot Xonar posting about him and Majority. Since Xonar posted about having attempted to complete the matches, I'll drop Majority and Xonar will carry on to fight Bing. Since it seems both UltiMario and Riddle are having issues completing their matches, we'll drop them from the tournament. (Sorry, guys, but we've been dragging this out for way too long.)

It's slightly anticlimactic, but here's the deal: Xonar vs. Bing for the final match. Since the entire winner's bracket has basically dropped off, we're going to take the next highest person in the loser's bracket as third place. So congrats, Alberto, you've placed in third.

Xonar and Bing, you have until a week from today -- May 23rd, at the standard time of 11:59 EDT -- to complete the final match. May the best trainer win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom