• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OUGA: Columbus Chapter Presents Shi-Kakuto-Geemu May 7th RESULTS!!!!

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
Thanks guys, and lol peach/falco shoulda won gfs. Never again will you be that lucky ybm/infern! snake's a jerk.

clowsui

Smash Legend
heyyyyy who had that TV in the front!? i want my replay vs sai from there :) i played really well xD luu~/red falco v. blue diddy

waiting patiently for bee flai ry videos. KB upload our MMs first ;)

shoutouts soon. tomorrow when i wake up

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
SUPER SMASH BROTHERS BRAWL SINGLES

1: Shugo ($105.00)
2: Kel ($52.50)
3: Blue Rogue ($17.50)
4: Infern ($5.00)
5: AlphaZealot
5: Y.b.M.
7: Smash64
7: Argent
9: Clowsui
9: Sorasin
9: SneakyTaco :rob:
9: Sai
13: POPS
13: T800 :metaknight:
13: MX778 :yoshi2:
13: Luminoth
17: Moose
17: links24 :toonlink:
17: Today :gw:
17: KB :peach:
17: KassandraNova
17: TheKiest
17: Slim
17: Frame
25: JT5565
25: Auspher
25: Solecalibur :dedede:
25: Mars16
25: COOP01
25: Lokii
25: Juu :sheik:
25: Chaz
33: Denzi
33: DrillbitSammy
33: Omni
33: McFly
33: Killa
Correct for error/fill in the blanks, plz.

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
I feel the love Kain. Igotcha one day, and i should have Falco/Diddy/Mk next to my name

clowsui

Smash Legend
1: Shugo ($105.00) :falco: :diddy: :metaknight: - Shuggybear! Great seeing you before I left. Thanks so much for all the wifi, I couldn't have made it to top 10 without you. Congrats on the win...but the Good Guys won out in doubles! :bee: We'll keep talking over the summer, yeah?

2: Kel ($52.50) :metaknight: :falco: - we didn't talk much despite the fact that you're leaving soon. I'm sure I'll see you at future tournaments, but I'd like to take the chance now to remind you that you are one of my favorite players and people of all time. You're really smart, helpful and have a good sense of humor. Sometimes you get salty, but you always manage to bounce back. Good stuff @ second. I hope to be as good as you sometime soon.

3: Blue Rogue ($17.50) :warioc: - I'm NOT A HIPSTER!!! :mad: Sucks we couldn't get our MM in...but Falco > Wario anyways :bee: Bring Wario more! If Alice gets too much love he'll get jealous, I think...unless you're feeding him money.

4: Infern ($5.00) :snake: - wassup pimpin'...oh, fourth place? I thought you were gonna get first? :reverse: Great hanging out with you again dude. If you want something don't forget to post on my FB/in my thread.

5: AlphaZealot :diddy: - you have terrible habits but you're a great player. I can't help but respect that. I think people underrate you, me included, so it's nice to see you to continue to play. Someday I'll beat you!

5: Y.b.M. :kirby2: :zerosuitsamus: - thanks for the mixtape bro, I love it! You were playing really well v Shugo game 2 o_O You'll trade sets with him by the end of this year if I can help it at all :) Thanks for the ride also. Can't wait to kick it with you when I get back...there are 18+ clubs, right? :reverse:

7: Smash64 :ness2: :snake: - 1-2 against you in sets >_< Bad taste in my mouth. I hope I'll see you when I get back, man! Sorry about sucking in doubles :( I have a lot farther to go in doubles, it seems...

7: Argent :lucario: :metaknight: :pt: - sorry about the placement thing LOL. Lucario is free, you're lucky you avoided me :reverse: Good stuff @ top 8 though.

9: Clowsui :falco: - your Marth is sexy as fk. Good shee w/ da top 10.

9: Sorasin :falco: - finally woke up! Ya scrub :bee: Hey man, I wanna see you consistently make top 8 soon. Just gotta break that barrier! If you don't...I'll get there before you ;) So take this headstart I'm giving you and push it to the limit.

9: SneakyTaco :rob: - Minoriteam car! You're still the chillest driver around. Wish you could've made it to top 8 but it happens :/ Beat Lucario next time plz. Can't wait to see you on that PR image.

9: Sai :diddy: - GGs. Wish you could've tried harder but that's the way it goes I suppose. I'll be playing Marvel over the summer I think, along w/ some AE since I don't have access to human opponents for Smash...so I'm comin for your head as the best Marvel Smash player in Ohio.

13: POPS :rob: :wario: :pit: :samus2:? - the evil General Sangster...VANQUISHED BY THE BLAZIN ASIAN! Muhahahahahaha. Don't worry, you'll get me someday. Great games, always fun playing you.

13: T800 :metaknight: - you were lucky to beat my hermano. It won't happen again :reverse: I've never actually played you though, hopefully we can change that sometime.

13: MX778 :yoshi2: :zerosuitsamus:? :fox: - I'm NOT A HIPSTER!! :mad: Why didn't we get to play even one friendly :( :( :( This placing is too low for you dude. Step it up! Dat Yawshee :cool: Hope to see you at a tourney sometime when I return.

13: Luminoth :wolf: - GJ getting Shugo to switch off Falco? LOL You could've definitely beat him if you weren't so nervous ya chump. Better start seeing top eights from you soon...you definitely have the potential.

17: Moose :marth: - get better scrub :awesome: :troll: That Marth's improved for sure though! Just be a little more patient and also learn more positioning/spacing traps, you seemed uncomfortable in a lot of the spaces I put you in and you didn't have to.

17: links24 :toonlink: - I'm NOT A HIPSTER!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: Scrubs24 sucks. Next time beat POPS so we can play...nah you wouldn't have made it past Smash64. For real though, fun friendlies! My Marth will beat you next time, when I'm not as drained.

17: Today :metaknight: - Nice job this tournament with MK, saw it and it wasn't lookin' too shabby. Good luck with SiiS5. Dunno why we didn't talk this tournament but we need to do so when I get back. Good job at your doubles placing also!

17: KB :peach: - Hermano...you already know. "If it ain't King Beef..." Let's work on making that a reality.

17: KassandraNova :metaknight: - we've already talked about everything I could say in a shoutout. Ness and Paula are gonna take the world by storm as soon as I come back :) In the meantime, just work on small parts of your games at once. Above all else, just try to have fun! I know that winning is fun, but you must love Brawl in other ways too, right? So just find those things that you love about Brawl, and play.

17: TheKiest :dedede: - GREAT event. Thank you so so so much for hosting, I had a blast. Hope to collaborate with you in the future, I'm thinking of maybe doing a regional. Let me know what ideas you have...

17: Slim :metaknight: (?) :kirby2: (?) - BIG CONTAINER! SLEEVELESS SHIRTS! etc. etc. Fun games in doubles. You're smart but idk what's holding you back :s Hopefully you break the barrier before I return.

17: Frame :jigglypuff: - Sucks we didn't get to play at all! Nice seeing you though.

25: JT5565 :sonic: - sorry for being so loud about cheering LOL, I noticed you were disgruntled. Someday we'll play again...you got lucky at DU all those months ago :reverse:

25: Auspher :wolf: - we didn't get to play :/ Find me next time please.

25: Solecalibur :dedede: - man you had that vs. Day game 1 LOL, you just were a scrub and didn't hold up on the stick. Quit playing LoL all the time at tournaments!

25: Mars16 :mario2: - fun games in doubles.

25: COOP01 - who is this? LOL

25: Lokii :zerosuitsamus: - I am definitely not a hipster D:< Whatever. GGs in our MM. Let's play when you're actually performing to your best ;) Nice seeing you too. We gotta start letter correspondence again haha.

25: Juu :sheik:? :pit:? - GGs in our MM. Seems like I gotta level up my Sheik! xD We didn't really kick it that much this tournament either...welp in any case, I've got my eye on you. Keep getting better and we'll play when I come back.

25: Chaz - yo whodis

33: Denzi :falco: - Zackattack, nice seeing you! Shame that you were having such a bad day dude. Your Falco was looking great in friendlies but I dunno what was up in bracket yo. Hope to see you at more tournaments! There are definitely smashers in Detroit.

33: DrillbitSammy :luigi2: - We didn't MM :/

33: Omni :pikachu2: - I saw you but didn't MM you or play you at all LOL Nor did I talk to you. Next time, next time.

33: McFly - OUGA guy? I don't think we played or have ever played :x

33: Killa :marth: - you're...COOP's GF? I saw your Marth vs. Lokii. Hope you stay in the scene 'cause you aren't terrible and we need more girls around ha. COOP's really lucky 'cause you're cute as hell, lol

Great tournament guys. If any of you want something from Hong Kong and can pay me for it at a tournament, I'll get it for you.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=303110

^ that's the thread. I'll be keeping a close eye on all you up-and-comers!

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
If it helps any, MX did use ZSS. I think Links might have also used Snake. Denzi plays Falco. Wasn't DrillbitSammy the Luigi player? Also, I used MK and PT along with Lucario.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
DENIAL, CHI! YOU ARE IN SOOO MUCH DENIAL RIGHT NOW.
So salty :'D

And yeah, letter writing must happen.
We need to think of topics though
INSANELY EPIC TOPICS.

And @Argent's shoutouts:
: ( Maybe...
Still might ask if carpooling would be convenient. ESPECIALLY BECAUSE WE NEED TO FINISH THE EPIC ADVENTURES! Which Denzi still needs to post = A =

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
1: Shugo ($105.00) :falco: :diddy: :metaknight: - Congrats on first man and it's always a pleasure seeing you back in the midwest at events. Hopefully I'll be able to talk to you more, I was stuck in the basement most of this event.

2: Kel ($52.50) :metaknight: :falco: - Fun games in Brawl Minus. For a moment, I thought you weren't gonna play, but you did. Also, I always wanted to see what your Melee Marth looked like. It's pretty awesome.

3: Blue Rogue ($17.50) :warioc: - Good stuff on 3rd place and I'm sorry for making you wait to play your matches so long. We need to hang out more lol. Maybe I can troll you in Project M some more. I wanted to play against you in Melee, but things didn't work out like I'd hoped. Maybe next time.

4: Infern ($5.00) :snake: - Sorry if I was a little short with you throughout the day. I was really kind of itching to just relax, hang around and play with everyone... but since I helped run everything and had to run around for everything, it started to wear on me. I should probably get a better attitude when I play you in pools/bracket though. I felt like I was going to lose and just kind of did stuff instead of thinking. Well, maybe I'll do better next time.

5: AlphaZealot :diddy: - Nice to see you come out. Congrats for your upcoming graduation. Maybe I'll be able to come out to the OSI event, but to be honest I'm not specifically planning to try to go to anything until SiiS4. Even with that I'm kind of "meh" on it.

5: Y.b.M. :kirby2: :zerosuitsamus: - Nice to see you again, Y.b.M! I wanted to ask you for your mixtape, but I forgot until literally after you left. I got to listen to a good bit of it though. It was awesome. I want to play against you again at some point. Maybe I'll MM your ZS or something.

7: Smash64 :ness2: :snake: - Glad to see you come out again man and good stuff on the placing! Still as talented as I remember. I thought me and mars should have had you on Brinstar though.

7: Argent :lucario: :metaknight: :pt: - Congrats on the placement, man! I'll have to play you again some time. It's always enjoyable getting some games in verses you.

9: Clowsui :falco: - I'm tellin' ya, Sheik is free for people that play Sheik. Just like with reverse mains at OUGA (had I not choked against Links). But nah, your Sheik is kinda scary. Those ftilts were annoying as hell and you have some nice reaction with your nair out of shield. Your spacing is good, but Sheik really kind of gets messed up by Pit's jab. I learned that when I played a bunch against Blade (a Cincy Pit that goes to OU and hangs with OUGA). I wanted to gimp you with arrows, but what can I say?

9: Sorasin :falco: - Congrats on your placing. Wish I would have been able to play or talk to you more, though.

9: SneakyTaco :rob: - I'm still kinda salty you just passed over me for teams, but it's not a huge deal I guess. It kind of speaks for my quality as a player though, lol. I'll keep trying to improve. Hope you had fun, you're always cool to hang around.

9: Sai :diddy: - You should be more on that try-hard status, bro. But good sheee on the Mahvel placings. It was fun to watch you throughout the day. At SiiS5 tho, I'mma be bothering you and the rest of the C-State regulars (along with the IN and KY groups) for Minus. It's too amazing not to happen.

13: POPS :rob: :wario: :pit: :samus2:? - C'mon POPS, you need to step it up and just tear through people in tournaments. You're really good and you do it by damn near going random (or in another case by going random in doubles) so I know you can keep it up! By the way, random doubles friendlies. Non-OUGA people don't know how it really goes. :)

13: T800 :metaknight: - Congrats on your win over KB and it's a blast as always to see you come out. I wish I would have been able to get in on the Pac-Man craziness... but hey, we've got this venue for a bit! Maybe next time?

13: MX778 :yoshi2: :zerosuitsamus:? :fox: - You and POPS man, so crazy. I wish I would have been able to play you at some point during the weekend. Always fun when you come into the scene. I know you're focusing on some things in your life right now, so keep it up. But come out to more things too! You've got my number as usual, so just shoot me a text or call whenever.

13: Luminoth :wolf: - Lumi, you're on the fast track to becoming a really really scary Wolf main. Like you said, we do need to play more at a tournament lol. Not sure if you're going to see a lot of Sheik from me but, we'll see. Who knows.

17: Moose :marth: :snake: - Moose, we're struggling from the same thing lol. But like, you're still much better than I am. Like Chi said and I've mentioned a bit, you just need to be a bit more patient sometimes. I noticed when you played against Tech and I know it's a bit of your style to overwhelm people and force them into your pace... but when it doesn't happen you seem to struggle quite a bit. You have to switch up and play cautious when you sense that someone is changing the tempo. At least that's what I've noticed from playing your Marth so many times.

17: links24 :toonlink: :snake: - While I'm glad POPS won, I was quite surprised that he ended up beating you when you had such a huge lead on him game three. I don't know what happened with that, but I'm sure you know what you need to work on. Keep improving man. I know that I mess with you a lot and when we play, I deliberately go for things that I know you're weak at (like a particular stage) but I know you're a good player and a really cool person. You got this, just keep your mindset strong.

17: Today :metaknight: - Glad to see you come out and fun games in Minus. I was being serious about learning the ditto with you, so next time I have some time at a tournament that doesn't have either of us running or helping to run, we'll sit down and work some stuff out. I'm glad that you're playing MK, since you legitimately enjoy him alongside your GnW. You're a truly talented player and a wonderful person.

17: KB :peach: - Pretty much all of the Peach mains said something that I was going to say. I will say that I was kind of disappointed that I didn't get your Peach, but I was glad to see that I did so well against your Metaknight with my Pit. Maybe that's some sort of indication... who knows. Keep chugging at it, we all know you're a talented player and that you're hitting a wall... but we also know that you of all people will get over that wall.

17: KassandraNova :metaknight: - It's always fun playing against you, but I will admit it's kind of awkward to play against you when you're so frustrated. I honestly think I should have just kept playing Marth against you in Melee, but seeing you so frustrated kind of made me want to try Ganondorf. I know that it doesn't give you any justice, so I'll stick to what I know to get the job done. Keep your head up, you're a good player.

17: TheKiest :dedede: - I feel like I have the same things to say to you after like every event, but thanks for everything as usual. I got to see the type of stress you go under to run tournaments and as cool as it is, I'm pretty sure that it's really not for me right now. I'd much rather be a tourney-goer that just kind of does whatever, but please don't take that as me meaning I won't or don't want to help you in the future. Like we've talked about before, I'm going to get some more things of me recorded so I can sit down and comb through my playstyle. It's really frustrating just being a player that "is good" but doesn't do anything of note.

17: Slim :metaknight: (?) :kirby2: (?) - Sorry that I didn't play you and just forfeited out that round. I was pretty upset after the Infern set and being stressed from tourney stuff and just didn't want to deal with a MK and Kirby. I'll be sure to play you again next time I see you though. I hope you enjoyed yourself.

17: Frame :jigglypuff: - So glad I got to see you and hang out a bit. You're amazing as always to hang out with. Though I know you're not that into this game anymore, I hope to see you at some events in the future at least. Unfortunately, I won't be coming down this weekend.

25: JT5565 :sonic: - Glad you came out.

25: Auspher :wolf: - I wish we would have been able to play. I've been wanting to play a serious set with you (and Helen too) for quite a bit, actually. You two have really improved (I honestly think that both of you are better than I am at this point, lol) and it's going to be interesting to see where you go from here. You have a really good style for doubles too, I've noticed.

25: Solecalibur :dedede: - Every time I looked up at you, you were playing LoL man. What's up with that? Also, as I'm sure you know, the shoutout I gave you was just in jest. It's always a pleasure to hang out with you.

25: Mars16 :mario2: - Fun games in doubles and I'm really sorry that I didn't get to play you in some friendlies at some point. Keep chucking along with Mario, you look like you play him really well (though I think that of just about every MW Mario main, lol.). I'm not sure how much I'm going to be playing him in the future, but we'll see. It was a pleasure meeting you and your brother. Come out to more events, man!

25: COOP01 :pikachu2: - Yoooo, I wish we would have been able to play some games.

25: Lokii :zerosuitsamus: - I'm so sad. The literal moment I was able to finally play against you, you had to leave. Well, we'll continue our set next time. Glad to see you and Denzi as usual. I hope you had fun during your busy prom weekend. You and Denzi's prom pictures are way too adorable.

25: Juu :sheik: (singles) :pit: :mario: :pikachu: (doubles/MM) - (Hurr, I just copied Clowsui's shoutout). Whelp... new tournament, same type of result. Back to the drawing board, lol. I might not be playing Sheik for a bit, or just keeping her pretty MU specific.

25: Chaz - Nice to meet you, glad you came out. I hope to see some more Columbus players soon! I'm glad there are so many more coming out of the woodwork.

33: Denzi :falco: - Sorry to hear that you had such a bad day, but I'm glad that you came out. I want to play you again, I only got to for one match at S(an)KG.

33: DrillbitSammy :luigi2: - Glad you came out man, I swear I'll remember your name better next time. I was literally overwhelmed. Also, as for Minus... I can't really help it, lol. DK is just that much ****.

33: Omni :pikachu2: - I saw you but didn't MM you or play you at all LOL Nor did I talk to you. Next time, next time.

33: McFly :mario2: - Dat fightstick! I hope to see you at more Kakuto-Geemu, since it'll have a bit more than smash to draw you in. Whenever I do see you next, we gotta play some more fighters and stuff. It's always such a blast. / Jenny, I'm glad you came out too. You two are so energetic and awesome to be around. I hope you had fun (but I know you did). Wish I was able to eat with you guys and do the Pac-Man thing.

33: Killa :marth: - Glad that you came out and nice to meet you.

--

OUGA - You guys are amazing as always! Glad you all came out. Hunky, you are super awersome.

SRK Community - Glad to see most of you too.

Columbus Melee Group - You guys are awesome! DippN, we will Ganondorf ditto or whatever at point. I think I will learn Marth for Melee though before I go back to any other character. He'll help my fundamentals.

IzunaDrop - Dude, you are so freaking awesome and I'm glad that we got to talk during a good bit of the tournament and hopefully I'll see you at more Zeno's in order to talk more about it while I learn some other fighters (like Arcana Heart 3 <3). I know you were frustrated at the end of the Mahvel tournament, but hey, like I told everyone else, just keep at it. (You probably won't see this here though, lol.)

I didn't play you w/ MK lol...I would've bodied if I did :bee:

Nah Games 1-3 were all saved. I think I did okay for not playing Sheik in like 8 months xD
I was referring to KB playing MK, which I think got saved (game one of my 0-3 against him) where I actually played halfway decent, I think.

solecalibur

Smash Master
25: Solecalibur :dedede: - Every time I looked up at you, you were playing LoL man. What's up with that? Also, as I'm sure you know, the shoutout I gave you was just in jest. It's always a pleasure to hang out with you.
25: Solecalibur :dedede: - man you had that vs. Day game 1 LOL, you just were a scrub and didn't hold up on the stick. Quit playing LoL all the time at tournaments!
\
I played a 1 20 minute game in LoL and spent about an hour and a half doing hw

thanks for the call out guys lol

and I've given up on the game , just supporting the community now

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I'll get started on the vids today. Been playing mvc3 and melee for the past few days to get my reaction time back up. I appreciate the kind words and encouragement everyone had to say, it really helped me get my determination back. I'll be practicing a lot, talking with chi and my boy Illmatic, and I'll be coming back better than ever before.

:phone:

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Ok...as I'm recording vids, one of them already has one of the players just falling in fast motion to their death to end the match when that is clearly not what happened. So, with that said, no one is allowed to even touch the SD card inside of my Wii. I have it in there for a reason, and pulling it out repeatedly causes some problems with the replays sometimes.

There are no stage textures or character textures present during tournament play. If someone doesn't like the music playing on the Wii during matches, play somewhere else. I'll only be saying this one time.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Popping the SD card out after Brawl has already loaded the infinite replays codeset should not have any effect on how the replays turn out. The only way it would is if you had some kind of texture/stage hacks that had different bones that the game is trying to read, music shouldn't have anything to do with it.

The only exception I think is if you pop out the SD card mid-match, but why would you even do that.

D

Deleted member

Ok...as I'm recording vids, one of them already has one of the players just falling in fast motion to their death to end the match when that is clearly not what happened. So, with that said, no one is allowed to even touch the SD card inside of my Wii. I have it in there for a reason, and pulling it out repeatedly causes some problems with the replays sometimes.

There are no stage textures or character textures present during tournament play. If someone doesn't like the music playing on the Wii during matches, play somewhere else. I'll only be saying this one time.
This. It's pretty irritating when people pop out the SD card. Sorry if you don't like the music. Deal with it.

I don't like hearing K.K. Slider going "wah-oh-eeh-oh-ahhhh" for 8 minutes.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Music was people's biggest complaint cause some of them were louder that snake/pika's attack calls.
Any kind of hack is inappropriate for tournament use. You can't just tell someone to "deal with it." Anyone has the right to be uncomfortable if they have to play hacks in tournaments.
Friendlies it's cool, though.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Hacks aside. I found that I don't have my silver GC controller on me anymore. It took me a while since I don't use it that often, but I still kind of need it.

It's just got "Juu" in the center, right above the start button.

Also, Big_R's GC memory card was misplaced as well. Iirc, it's orange, but I'll check back in on the C-Bus Melee thread.

[Edit:] disregard the above for Big_R. He left his at home.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Any kind of hack is inappropriate for tournament use. You can't just tell someone to "deal with it." Anyone has the right to be uncomfortable if they have to play hacks in tournaments.
Friendlies it's cool, though.
I can, I will, and I just did tell people to deal with it. Like I said, if someone doesn't like it they are more than welcome to play somewhere else. Music hacks are more common at tournaments than you would think. The Midwest in general is just embarrassingly picky about some of the most minute things, it can be pretty silly sometimes. EC handles music just fine and look...they all still play like monsters. Why? Because they're more focused on their opponent and themselves rather than everything surrounding the match...like music. Wake up and just play hard, Midwest. All of our top players in the area said they couldn't give two **** about the music while they're fighting as well...they're too focused on the match and winning.

Now if you REALLY want to get on the matter of what people can't and shouldn't do with me, it would be touching other peoples' **** without permission. Seriously, where do people get off thinking they have the right to do that?

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure Ally played on a Wii with Katy Perry music at SiiS3. I don't recall him giving a single complaint.

Framerate

Smash Lord
Like I said, if someone doesn't like it they are more than welcome to play somewhere else.:phone:
This just seems kind of inconsiderate to the TO. He's trying to run things as smoothly as possible and, because you have to have your katy perry playing in the background, now he's gotta find another open setup (which there probably isn't one) for the match to go down. The end result is a longer tournament and unhappy people.

With that being said, I think that texture hacks are ok in moderation but sound hacks can be a problem in situations like snake's grenades. Just try to be considerate is all.

Also don't touch other people's ****! Not cool. They're being generous to let others use it for a tourney. Just because you don't like something about their setup, even if your point is valid, does not mean you should go around messing with it.

clowsui

Smash Legend
there's always the option of toggling sound effects in the sound menu. takes just about as much time as popping out the SD card.

don't touch people's **** without asking.

solecalibur

Smash Master
I find KK slider more annoying then any music hack. Stop whining any play the game , its more disrespectful for the person that set up the brawl hacks and took time doing that.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
there's always the option of toggling sound effects in the sound menu. takes just about as much time as popping out the SD card.
don't touch people's **** without asking.
This. Just toggle the sound effects to be louder than the music. Problem solved. Music will always be on my setup at any tournament, that just how it's going to be. Brawl music is awful.

D

Deleted member

This. Just toggle the sound effects to be louder than the music. Problem solved. Music will always be on my setup at any tournament, that just how it's going to be. Brawl music is awful.

Same. I refuse to turn off mine. If you have an issue with that, then you'll have one less setup at your tournament, which will affect it WAY more than music hacks ever will.

I was getting pissed that some people kept popping out my card at OUGA. I even put a note there stating CLEARLY not to do it since there were issues with the card at the time. That was frustrating and extremely disrespectful.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I had the SD card removed from my Wii a few tourneys back. Whoever took it out never replaced it and it was gone. I learned to back them up more often, but I still refuse to bring my Wii anywhere partially because of it. Also partially because I don't feel like moving it but that's a different story. :/

Count

Smash Champion
I agree with what Daycia said. Music is distracting.

And let's say that ally did play with 'katy perry music'...just because it's ally and he's amazing doesn't make it right. (don't take this the wrong way when you namesearch this ally :p)

D

Deleted member

I agree with what Daycia said. Music is distracting.
How is the music distracting than what normally comes from the music in Brawl, or do you just play with the tv muted all the time?

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
I know that KB's SD Card got popped and fell on the floor, i wont say who but I know it was an accident.

But really I dont see how the music in the background will affect how you play unless its like a song of Snake saying "Now!" and planting C4 sound effects continously

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Like a G6 came on during my winners set vs Coney at SiiS4 and that got me pumped and allowed me to take faces the rest of the tournament.

As for music I just adjust the music to in game sound ratio in the game settings. Not a big deal, easy work around. I'd be more inclined to dislike something that makes a stage distracting or something.

clowsui

Smash Legend
you guys are missing the main point of his gripe...music may/may not be distracting but don't mess w ppl's property

TheKiest

Smash Champion
My ruling is usually:

If you don't like the textures/sounds, pop out the SD card.

However I did not know this did screw up the wiis. Thus there will be a different ruling, that will be posted in the next tourne.

Top Bottom