• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ozzfest 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Waseda Doubles = Random partners and locked characters. A tier or higher ranked players must use a character different from their main.

Tesh

Smash Hero
just realized... no venue ffeeee oh glorious dayyyy!!! ^^
thats cuz its someone's house.

Also needs more super cool side events with super cool rules.

I guess I could try that wahahasomething doubles though.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Its like the lottery. They write stuff on pieces of paper and everyone picks them out of a big black tophat. If you draw the paper "razer, snake" you win money.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Gotta call you out on being garbage on the subject Tesh.

Waseda doubles or however you spell it, is everyone who enters puts in a piece of paper with their character into a hat. Papers are randomly drawn so you get random partners. Whatever character you put on that paper is the ONLY character you can use throughout the event. Now to make it pretty fair, people in A tier or higher cannot use their mains. So if you get me, even though it says snake, I can't use him. We tried this out at House of Mouse and it is VERY fun. You get to team with people you don't talk to much or met and it is pretty balanced.

Like dojo got sky pirate, but he used snake. I had zigsta and I used mk lol.

Nike.

Smash Hero
It's also a tourney where top3 is up for grabs.

At House of Mouse:

Dojo/SkyPirate lost to Nike/Paw in the first round.

Dojo/SkyPirate comes all the way back to win Grand Finals.

Nike/Paw get dead last.

There's no favorites going into it either. Really fun to watch and be a part of :)

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Waseda Doubles is EASILY the most fun side event I've ever played.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Just FYI guys, we will NOT be using the Unity ruleset at this. We will still be using the WHOBO ruleset. (with universal LGL of 40)

Nike.

Smash Hero
I dont think I'd be able to make this. I made a prior engagement to attend the Kingsville tourney already and it's on the same day as this :(

Tesh

Smash Hero
Gotta call you out on being garbage on the subject Tesh.

Waseda doubles or however you spell it, is everyone who enters puts in a piece of paper with their character into a hat. Papers are randomly drawn so you get random partners. Whatever character you put on that paper is the ONLY character you can use throughout the event. Now to make it pretty fair, people in A tier or higher cannot use their mains. So if you get me, even though it says snake, I can't use him. We tried this out at House of Mouse and it is VERY fun. You get to team with people you don't talk to much or met and it is pretty balanced.

Like dojo got sky pirate, but he used snake. I had zigsta and I used mk lol.
Oh yea forgot about that part.

Well I'm sure you A tier Texans have good MKs. Who would have figured not maining MK would have a viable use. :awesome:
Still kind of interesting I suppose.

Vinnie

Smash Master
I'll see if I can come. I need a **** partner though. Also I'd need housing and someone to pick me up and drop me off to the airport.

BioDG

Smash Ace
The waseda thing sounds pretty interesting. I'd love to see how the outcome turns out from that.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Are there any houston players willing to pick me up from the airport, house me friday and saturday nights, and drop me off at the airport sunday morning? A lot to ask, I know, but it's the only way I could make this event.

Also, who are the other top players going to this event? Dojo, would you like to team? (Assuming Razer & Gnes are teaming with each other).

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
OMG! Ozz is leaving. I have to beat him before he's gone.
It's really intimidating with all those high up players coming.... seen you guys on youtube and HOBO 27. That is some scary stuff. But, it's still gonna be fun.

PRACTICE REVENGE TIME!

Tesh

Smash Hero
Not unreasonable I'd say to have a small venue fee. The added cost to your electricity bill for running like 10 TVs and 10 wiis for 12 hours could be quite....noticeable?

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Wow I was sooo hyped for Vinnie coming to a garage tournament.

Then his Mom happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom