• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Palutena's Frame Data [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
No worries, there are a few small things I'll be doing to update this, such as colour coding aerial/grounded only hitboxes, but congrats on being one of the only character boards so far with complete frame data :secretkpop:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Oh lol wow, looking at her frame data makes me feel justo little better about some of Zelda's frame data.

Dash Attack is 51 frames? Two of ha tilts are are 67 frames? :eek:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Aerodrome submitted a new guide:

Palutena's Frame Data - "I will quickscope you."

Read more about this guide...

Oh lol wow, looking at her frame data makes me feel justo little better about some of Zelda's frame data.

Dash Attack is 51 frames? Two of ha tilts are are 67 frames? :eek:
To be fair, she has an aerial game, is really fast, and ftilt/utilt aren't really that terrible because they have a funny rehit rate.

Need to update the site with a few things.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Aerodrome submitted a new guide:

Palutena's Frame Data - "I will quickscope you."

Read more about this guide...

To be fair, she has an aerial game, is really fast, and ftilt/utilt aren't really that terrible because they have a funny rehit rate.

Need to update the site with a few things.
Yeah, her aerial game itself almost makes up for her ground game shortcomings.

...Almost :secretkpop:

But yeah Ftilt and Utilt are definitely lol gr8 moves 4 sure. I went on FG FFA and was beating people just by reading their movements (AKA ROLLS :secretkpop:) and punishing with Ftilt/Utilt today. :awesome:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
No worries, there are a few small things I'll be doing to update this, such as colour coding aerial/grounded only hitboxes, but congrats on being one of the only character boards so far with complete frame data :secretkpop:
*cough cough MISSING CUSTOMS cough cough*

Excuse me! Must be getting that Evo fever thats goin 'round...

Last edited:

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Are you playing Paletuna for EVO?

What customs are you using?
Not Evo, but all the tournament I attend use the Evo ruleset.

Super Speed and Lightweight on all sets, but then I'm undecided on everything else. Frame Data would be useful in choosing sets.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Not Evo, but all the tournament I attend use the Evo ruleset.

Super Speed and Lightweight on all sets, but then I'm undecided on everything else. Frame Data would be useful in choosing sets.
Up B's only ever have hitbox data usually. Warp has the highest vertical reach, Jump Glide has the longest horizontal distance plus gives you a hilarious grounded approach option, and Rocket Jump is the shortest of the two, but has a frame 11 hitbox that kills at about 130-140% on medium weights with no rage when Palutena is grounded (12%, 70/99, 54 degree angle, frame 11-12).

The aerial Rocket Jump is slightly weaker at 10%, 70/97 66 degree angle. Should kill at about 150% with no rage.

There's a spike hitbox on the rocket jump but it's pretty risky to land; it's stats are: 10%, 10/100, 270 degree angle. It scales quite well with damage.

Regarding Neutral B, Auto Reticules data is here already.

Explosive Flame is the only other option since Heavenly Light is garbage outside of Trophy Rush/Doubles/Quads.

Explosive Flame hits on: 28-55 (Rehit rate: 5), 57 with a FAF of 90.

The hitboxes 1-7 steadily increase in hitbox size starting from 3.7 and increase by 1.1 every 4 frames (28-31, 32-35... etc).

These hits do 0.6%, with KB values of 50/100 with an angle of 160.

The final hit is 4% damage, with KB values of 60/141, with an angle 84. This hit is unable to be shielded by the opponent.

That's about all the data I have for you regarding those customs!

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Damn Explosive Flame is almost a 100 frame commitment. :O

Good to know. Also Rocket Jump being an 11 frame kill move isn't... horrible. That's faster than all her smashes at least.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
They all have their own drawbacks, so it's up to you to decide which fits your playstyle the best. Hope I've helped!

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Honestly I might even run Heavenly Light. Her Neutral B is probably her least important move anyway. Might as well run something kooky.

TastyCarcass

Smash Apprentice
Excellent thread! I have a few questions, I can't see some of the hitbox pictures earlier posts were mentioning.

1) I would be extremely interested to see the hitbox size of Tena's up air. I know it's pretty huge and disjointed, I was able to get past Rosalina's dair with it. However in a grand finals tournament game, I was juggling a fox until it used his Twisting Fox and killed me through the upair.

2) How big is the invincibility on the bair? Is it just her arm area or the entire body like the dash attack?

3) This question is specifically to help deal with custom villager players. Do we have any way of defending a ledge whilst standing on the stage? Any moves that hit under the ledge? I've heard in some commentaries that the UpSmash is capable of doing this, but I've had no luck, even when the enemy does not have ledge invincibility. Is the Explosive Flame capable of doing this?

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
1) I would be extremely interested to see the hitbox size of Tena's up air. I know it's pretty huge and disjointed, I was able to get past Rosalina's dair with it. However in a grand finals tournament game, I was juggling a fox until it used his Twisting Fox and killed me through the upair.

2) How big is the invincibility on the bair? Is it just her arm area or the entire body like the dash attack?

3) This question is specifically to help deal with custom villager players. Do we have any way of defending a ledge whilst standing on the stage? Any moves that hit under the ledge? I've heard in some commentaries that the UpSmash is capable of doing this, but I've had no luck, even when the enemy does not have ledge invincibility. Is the Explosive Flame capable of doing this?
Adding to your first point, Bowser's dair can also hit through Palutena's up air because of the intangibility on his shell (which is also present in his up smash, down smash, and up b). I learned that the hard way. Edit: Also, Link's dair gets through Palutena's up air.

The invincibility on bair seems to cover her entire body, as well. I've been hit from behind (meaning the opposite side of where the shield is) while using bair and nothing happens. It makes my training partner a little angry (but I don't care because he mains Luigi)

Explosive Flame is a pretty good option to attack a ledge-camping Villager, but you have to keep in mind that Explosive Flame is a huuuuuuge commitment, so if the player sees it coming he can react and very easily punish it. As to the up smash ledge sweetspotting, you have to be about one Palutena width away from the ledge for it to hit, otherwise the grounded hitbox will be too far off the stage for it make contact with the opponent. It takes a lot of practice to be able to consistently land it off a ledge grab because it requires some pretty concise spacing. Most of the time it's not really worth going for it because it's a 68-frame commitment that you're more than likely going to pay for. Ledge up smashes are more useful for punishing predictable recoveries like Fox/Falco/Ike side b's or characters whose recovery doesn't have a good ledge snap like Shulk's and Little Mac's.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Yooooooo so today I broke someones shield with getup attack :002:

It caused me to notice that this move does TONS of shield damage o_o
The second hit takes about half of a full shield and both hits almost completely breaks shields!

@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer @ BJN39 BJN39 can you gorls look into this?
What are the sheild damage modifiers on this move?
I think I read somewhere that all of her staff attacks have shield damage modifiers?
Getup attacks do +10 shield damage per hit. So if both hits hit it can do 34/50 shield damage.

Then take into account sitting shield deterioration and it does about 4/5 a shield alone.

As to whether any/how many of her staff normals have bonus shield damage, that'd be something i'd have to check, but my best bet is that they don't all have bonus shield damage.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So everyones get up attacks do that much?
I had never seen it happen.
Yes. Both hits have to hit to get anywhere near a shield break, though, and the shielder basically has to be inside the opponent before they use it. Otherwise it only does around 14 17 shield damage, which is somewhat negligible in this game due to how fast shields regenerate.

Oop, this is gonna turn into a double posT after you r b&... Meh.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Palutena's has hitboxes all around her though so it's easier to hit with both hits than other characters.

Also I think only dash attack and bair have extra shield damage.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I went and testing it and it seems the second hit of hers alone is enough to break a shield if its around halfway.
Does hers maybe do a little extra?
Nope. Her getup hits do 17 shield damage each (mis-spoke previously when I said 14.) which is the same as everyone else I've ever looked at.

I mean, were you taking halfway visually? Because you may have actually been past halfway depleted. The shield size for its health can be somewhat deceiving.

Last edited:

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
Hello all. Just wanted to share my Palutena frame data. Includes stuff on block and all of her customs.

If I missed anything feel free to let me know.

lRasha

Smash Apprentice
Hello all. Just wanted to share my Palutena frame data. Includes stuff on block and all of her customs.

If I missed anything feel free to let me know.
In the Smash Bros Guidebook, the startup on her Counter was on the 10th frame and (from the link) now it's on the 5th frame. So...buff?

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
I just count based on the character flashing, which is sometimes close but it's not exact. Kurogane has the correct numbers.

I'll be updating my sheet with Kurogane's invincibility numbers.

Last edited:

SDMagic

Smash Rookie
Hey! Just a couple of things:

1. Thank you for doing all this, it's really helpful!

2. I visited this thread a while ago and there were a lot of images showing Palutena's hitboxes. I sadly didn't study them too well at the time and now I can't find some of them. The one I'm really interested in is the down air because I remember that one being strange.

Thank you again!

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Hey! Just a couple of things:

1. Thank you for doing all this, it's really helpful!

2. I visited this thread a while ago and there were a lot of images showing Palutena's hitboxes. I sadly didn't study them too well at the time and now I can't find some of them. The one I'm really interested in is the down air because I remember that one being strange.

Thank you again!
I never did dair :]

http://i.imgur.com/lsLR2cr.jpg fsmash
http://i.imgur.com/EhZdcY3.jpg explosive flame
http://i.imgur.com/j9lNIQt.jpg ftilt
http://i.imgur.com/fvMCR5x.jpg nair
http://i.imgur.com/wzpIPdb.jpg usmash

TastyCarcass

Smash Apprentice
ah interesting, thought the hitbox on the nair was extended on the tips of her staff. Good find!

If you could find the hitboxes for up tilt, up air and dair that would be incredible.
EDIT: Sorry I already asked that earlier!
But I do think the hitbox of the bair is worth illustrating too. I swear it's bigger than it looks.

... Yeah I would go as far to say she's easily the most complicated character in Smash 4 right now

Also no, it's not like transcendant priority

You know how when 2 moves clank and they're like

OH NO

I HAVE TO PUT AWAY MY WEAPON NOW

well palutena gives no ****s

and continues to do her move

idk what this means in the long run if it's good or bad

@Lavani might know
It feels bad to me, since it's rare that I'd ever hit the second hitbox after a clank. I'm just stuck there vulnerable.

Last edited:

Lakuto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lakutos
Could you add the SH and FH Air Time? I wanna know if you can do something before landing after a FH Dair or it's just me being to slow on the inputs.

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
Lo and behold!
Palutena - 06C - Dair.gif

Hitbox ID=0x0 (foot) active 10; 9.0% damage, 270° angle; 20 BKB, 0 FKB, 100 KBG; 1.5 hitlag, 1.0 SDI; aerial-only
Hitbox ID=0x1 (foot, not shown) active 10; 9.0% damage, 55° angle; 30 BKB, 0 FKB, 100 KBG; 1.5 hitlag, 1.0 SDI

I specifically mention that the 55° hitbox isn't shown because it's actually a larger hitbox than the meteor hitbox. 4.0 units for the meteor, 6.3 units for the non-meteor.

Last edited:

PHP

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHPalutena
Lo and behold!
View attachment 77840

Hitbox ID=0x0 (foot) active 10; 9.0% damage, 270° angle; 20 BKB, 0 FKB, 100 KBG; 1.5 hitlag, 1.0 SDI; aerial-only
Hitbox ID=0x1 (foot, not shown) active 10; 9.0% damage, 55° angle; 30 BKB, 0 FKB, 100 KBG; 1.5 hitlag, 1.0 SDI

I specifically mention that the 55° hitbox isn't shown because it's actually a larger hitbox than the meteor hitbox. 4.0 units for the meteor, 6.3 units for the non-meteor.
Wait...there's two hitboxes!?

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
Wait...there's two hitboxes!?
Yeah, but only one is ever active against an opponent. If the opponent is in the air, it's the meteor hitbox; if he's on the ground it's the 55° hitbox. Means you can't cause an on-stage meteor bounce against a grounded opponent.

PHP

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHPalutena
Yeah, but only one is ever active against an opponent. If the opponent is in the air, it's the meteor hitbox; if he's on the ground it's the 55° hitbox. Means you can't cause an on-stage meteor bounce against a grounded opponent.
That's weird and unneeded...

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
That's weird and unneeded...
Lol what's weird and unneeded is that long, sweeping action she does with her leg when the move hits at literally one single spot and not the whole arc. IMO the move should be a 9-12 hit. 9-10 meteor, 11-12 don't. Makes it a lot easier for it to hit, period, and actually follows the arcing movement of her foot.

Last edited:

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
Here's a couple more of what I think her hitboxes look like in action.

Palutena - 050 - Jab 1.gif

Lol that's a size 6.0 hitbox for her jab. That's bigger than both the hitboxes on her f-smash (though f-smash covers a lot more range since it's two hitboxes).

Palutena - 068 - Neutral air.gif

It's got two sets of hitboxes, one set completely overlapping the other, but I believe the ones with the 366° auto-link angles are aerial-only hitboxes, while the 100° hitboxes are to pop opponents into the air for them to get dragged into the aerial hitboxes.

Palutena - 069 - Forward air.gif

That hitbox is only .5 units smaller than the jab hitbox, but it looks larger when you compare the two images because fair is more zoomed in than jab 1. A good in-game visual of the approximate size of the hitbox is the little sparkle at the end, which is about 6 units big.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom