• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Panhandle SmashFest: Quit your Job and go play some Smash! (Tallahassee, FL) 1/30

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_B_S

Smash Lord
How is this true

if someone is driving from out of town you do have to wait but not to the extreme
we love having ppl come to our tourneys but at the same time we gotta keep it rolling
If yall go to any tourney and you're two hours late yall lucky to get put into loser brackets

I mean next time we hope yall will arrive earlier and we're glad yall came out

Raistlin

Smash Lord
derek how high were you at the tournament

they were like 2 and a half hours late.

you GOTTA draw the line somewhere man.
which is why I ****ing posted the day before asking if the tournament usually started on time, and if being late was a problem, and I was told it wouldn't be. I am not blaming ballistics here btw, he was cool. and plus it looked like the tournament started like 20 or 30 minutes before we got there, we obviously weren't that late. we were 2 hours late according to the start time, but we all know how smash tournaments are at starting on time.

driving 2 hours to play one set in losers against someone I play every day is ****ing stupid, don't act like you wouldn't also be pissed.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
lol Lio got 3rd cause i gave him da win (j/k j/k) :) :) :) <3

doubles was:

1st: Reflux/Kisbutt (<3)
2nd: Sardine Extreme Master/Lee-Slow (we rusty, yooooo; j/k we lost it legit)
3rd: Mr. FTL/DWS

B_AWAL

Smash Master
until the brackets had actually started, the TOs were under the assumption that the venue hosts would be kicking us out at like 7 or 8 and they wanted to have all the brackets done by then, in which case they absolutely could not wait for Gainesville any longer.

the venue owners told us later that we could stay during YuGiOh, but at the time the brackets were started, they had to get things started.

"lol KBooM stop meatriding the TOs"
yeah whatever.
Thanks 4 pointin dat out KBM :-)

We (Gainesville) were late, very late. Our fault, no one elses.
Thank you 4 understanding. you were MAD COOL @ da tourney and next time PLEAS CALL US B4hand so that we kno you coming. All of our numbers will b in the 1st post of the thread. But 4 future reference my # is (954)618-9548. Hit me up if u comin n ish. Dat goes 4 RAM and Ragnorock and any1 else dat needs my NUMBER!!! U negro's comin GET @ ME!!!! It'll make it easier 4 us 2 hold da tourney up 4 U guys.

What Are The Results?!!!!
Sorry dude

I remember

Brawl Singles

1st Reflex (PT/:wolf:)
2nd Kismet2 (:falco:)
3rd TEH GREAT LIO!!!! (:toonlink:)
4th Bill_ (Billy) (:snake:)
5th KBM (:olimar:/:metaknight:)
5th SexPuma (DDD/:snake:)
7th CrazyCuban (Pit)
7th Sorry can't remember
9th Fat B$tch!!! Belmont/SomaCruz2 (Zelda)
9th Dat Ninja!!!!! Sandtru/Gmoney :wario:
9th DIS NINJA GOOD AS F@CK!!! RYO :ike:
9th DIS NINJA SUCK AZZ!!!! Awal/Murphyz Law :sonic:

Melee Singles

1st Green Mario (Had a BEAST AZZ BRACKET!!!!)
2nd Harriet the Guy(F@CKING STARTED OFF IN LOSERS 2 GET 2ND!!!)
3rd Tropical Taco (BEAST!!!!)
4th RockCrock(I kno I'm spellin it wrong but he had 2 start off in losers 2) :-(
5th Toobz (U must train me soon!!!)

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Whoops double post :p

but 4 real Raistlin, Toobz and Ballistics..... PLZ STFU

RockCrock, Thank YOU

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
Actually you spelled RockCrock right haha, unless you wanted to call him by one of his many name variations.

Btw how many people attended Brawl singles?

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
lol miguel coming back with the wisdom

it's funny cause i've basically seen you grow up (maybe not age wise but mental wise)

da_G's

Ballistics

Smash Champion
Whoops double post :p

but 4 real Raistlin, Toobz and Ballistics..... PLZ STFU

RockCrock, Thank YOU
Lol Nick you asked if anyone had any problems i guess you don't want to hear about them. I understand that this is a mainly brawl tournament and melee is a side event but im pretty sure the melee people felt kind of overlooked. If I traveled for melee I wouldn't come next time based on this tournament.

Ill just host one next time.

Sorry raistlin, i overstepped my power saying that we would wait.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'd post the Brawl Singles results in the Character Rankings Thread, but I need the seventh place spot.

Also, I don't think I used Wolf for any matches in Singles. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, though. I have a terrible memory.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
For anyone that i said they were gonna come to my tourney and they were at the tally tourney dont forget to post on my tourney threadd :-)

Only ones i remember are Reflex and Gmoney

Tally please try to figure out about yall are going to do about your tourney at the end of the month.I mean i did have this thread up even before you posted your tourney =/

Either way you guys are stilll great and i had a fun time.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Lol Nick you asked if anyone had any problems i guess you don't want to hear about them. I understand that this is a mainly brawl tournament and melee is a side event but im pretty sure the melee people felt kind of overlooked. If I traveled for melee I wouldn't come next time based on this tournament.

Ill just host one next time.

Sorry raistlin, i overstepped my power saying that we would wait.
This is Y I told u 2 STFU....I'm Sorry D and I'm sorry Esper.

1st Off i knew dis was gonna come up on da boards AND I WAS ITCHIN 4 DIS ISH ALL DAY!!!
What I'm about to do as a TO might not b as professional as it should b but this STUPID MESSAGE is @ fault. Toobz n Ballistics U guys kno I got nuthin but MAD LUV 4 yaw but we are goin to agree to disagree on dis 1. *Ahem* I'm about to OWN U 2 in this conversation...

w/ dat being said I'm sorry 2 Soma and DBS for what I'm about to say...

You guys should have looked at the thread before the tournament and saw that gainesville was gonna be late, if someone is nice enough to drive down, you should at least wait for them, putting them all in the losers bracket immediately was disrepectful, especially when there is only 12 people in the tournament, which makes it easy to start over

Next time run brawl doubles before hand so you could wait for the melee attendants, or just run brawl doubles and melee singles at the same time, there is really no point in finishing melee singles before you start anything else

Sorry Gainesville I feel like its my fault cause I posted that tally would wait for gainesville but when i said that I meant I would wait for gainesville and it turns out they didn't wait for you so its like i gave you misinformation
1.) Guess wut? I LOOKED @ DA THREAD @ 1PM AFTER FORCEFULLY WAITING ON PEOPLE AND THE MORNING OF IT EVERY1 DAT WAS COMING FROM OUT OF TOWN SAID THAT THEY WERE ON THEY WAY AND SAID THAT THEY WERE GONNA B IN TOWN BY 1(REFLEX) OR 130(RAM/RAGNOROCK). NOT ONLY THAT, BUT RAGNOROCK WAS FROM F@CKING ALABAMA!!!! THEY HAD ENOUGH DECENCY TO GET THEY AZZ UP AND MAKE IT HERE TO TALLY BEFORE GVILLE PEOPLE COULD AND GVILLE IS ONLY 2 HOURS AWAY!!! AND GUESS WUT ELSE DEREK? IT IS YOUR FAULT!!! CUZ IF U REALLY CARED SO DARN MUCH ABOUT MAKING SURE THAT THESE GUYS MADE IT INTO THE BRACKETS U WOULD HAVE TOLD US AND WE WOULD HAVE STALLED FOR THEM LIKE WE DID RAM AND RAG!!! WE WAITED AN HOUR AND 30 MINS FOR THEM 2 COME ONLY BECAUSE THEY MADE A POST AND MADE SURE THAT THEY GOT IN CONTACT W/ US!!! WE DIDN'T EVEN KNO GVILLE MELEE WAS REALLY COMING. SOMETHING COULD HAVE HAPPENED AND THEN DEY WOULDN'T HAVE SHOWED UP. BUT LET YO F@CK AZZ OVER HERE ACTING LIKE YOUR GONNA HELP US OUT CUZ U WANT MELEE TO B BIGGER BUT U DIDN'T EVEN COME ON TIME YOURSELF!!!! WHERE DA F@CK DO U GET OFF SAYIN ANYTHING ABOUT US OR HOW WE RAN THIS TOURNAMENT.

I know it makes sense, but sometimes things come up and people can't make it on time. I was trying to think of ways to be more accommodating in case something happened in the future. Obviously there was a communication error, but whatever.
THERE WAS NO COMMUNICATION ERROR. AND I HAD 2 CALL YOUR AZZ AND U F@CKING LIVE HERE IN TALLY!!! U WERE LATE FOR A TOURNEY AND IT WAS IN THE SAME CITY U WERE!!!! PLZ STFU TOOBZ

Once again it aint nuthin but love smash and fun. But ya'll pissed me off on dis.

which is why I ****ing posted the day before asking if the tournament usually started on time, and if being late was a problem, and I was told it wouldn't be. I am not blaming ballistics here btw, he was cool. and plus it looked like the tournament started like 20 or 30 minutes before we got there, we obviously weren't that late. we were 2 hours late according to the start time, but we all know how smash tournaments are at starting on time.

driving 2 hours to play one set in losers against someone I play every day is ****ing stupid, don't act like you wouldn't also be pissed.
1.) We started 2 hours late ONLY cuz we were waiting 2 hours for people from Alabama to get here. And THAT was only because they posted the morning of the tourney that they were on they way. We TO's left our numbers on the 1st post and U could have called us and we would have @ least put u in the brackets. Ballistics had our numbers and because he didn't call us U guys were stuck w/ dat situation. so the fact that we started 2 hours late was really generous of us. Plus we only did that because we got mad love for RAM and Ragnorock, not that we don't like yaw but we aint kno yaw were coming.

2.) I personally don't give a flying F@CK who ur blaming 4 this. In fact, blame me DO SUMTHIN *****!!! U got a problem, solve it or STFU! RockCrock admitted Gville was wrong so PLZ STFU!!!! N in ur case da only things u could do

3.) I don't appreciate U B!tchin @ a tourney u drove 2 hours 2 get 2 and had 2 start in losers bracket when all I was tryina do was trying to make sure u guys were playin and @ dis point I myself aint even kno u guys were entered into the tourney. And den u whine about it later on like a ***** cryin over spilled milk. Srsly, grow da F@CK up cuz it's jus a D@MN game.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
Nick im not upset man I dont know why youre getting upset

All you guys had to do to solve the late problem was start brawl doubles before melee so you could wait for the people who confirmed on the thread to get there.

A good way to run a tournament is to put up all the brackets at once and let people play the matches till they are over.

I was late because I knew Gainesville was going to be late, not as disrespect. I had no idea you were disqualifying people.

Nick I would edit your post man. Thats really disrepectful to toobz and raistlin and your right its not professional as a to

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Hey, Raistlin is driving, and me and rock are coming. We might be running a little late, maybe arriving around 1 PM ish since raistlin's got a frat meeting around 10 AM. Get warmed up!

Any money matches vs my falco or samus? Or we can play for shoes.

P.S. we're bringing a melee setup just in case!
Yeah, you should prolly start brawl doubles first...We're still in gainesville!
I guess AWAL has trouble reading anything without using the @2-key a thousand times (see, I know you'll read this now), cuz this was pretty ****ing plain. Try to keep up on the forums; it's why they're here.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Nick im not upset man I dont know why youre getting upset

All you guys had to do to solve the late problem was start brawl doubles before melee so you could wait for the people who confirmed on the thread to get there.

A good way to run a tournament is to put up all the brackets at once and let people play the matches till they are over.

I was late because I knew Gainesville was going to be late, not as disrespect. I had no idea you were disqualifying people.

Nick I would edit your post man. Thats really disrepectful to toobz and raistlin and your right its not professional as a to
1.) Next time call me or Darvon if U kno people are coming man. We would have held the tourney up 4 them. I'm sorry I blew up on you n Toobz. But I do disagree.

2.)Maaaaan F@CK RAISTLIN!!!!

3.) I already told U, I'm agreeing to disagree w/ U n Toobz on dis 1. But I don't like how Raistlin was parading around actin like an azzhole. Unfortunately I aint have a chance to talk to him face 2 face PEACEFULLY. I wish that would have been the case. Seeing his post made me go off.

4.) Yeah I'm bein rude and I hope every1 understands that I'm normally not like this. But people like Raistlin URK DA FUG OUTTA ME!!!

I guess AWAL has trouble reading anything without using the @2-key a thousand times (see, I know you'll read this now), cuz this was pretty ****ing plain. Try to keep up on the forums; it's why they're here.
Like I said, something could have come up and then they could have not came. WE WAITED UNTIL 2 to START THE DARN TOURNEY. THATS THEY FAULT FOR COMING SO FAR AFTER 1PM.

Follow ur own advice instead of focusing on bein witty. Try again plz :) .

NO MATTER WHAT @ DA END OF THE DAY IF U COME ON TIME, U WOULDN'T HAVE THAT PROBLEM.

OR THEY COULD HAVE CALLED THE TO'S FROM THE 1ST POST OR BALLISTICS COULD HAVE CALLED US HIMSELF.

So, WE couldn't contact them, they didn't contact us, we waited until 2pm which was an hour after they said they'd b @ da tourney. We waited long enough and there were other tournaments that were promised to start after Melee singles.

Get off the BOARDS, GAINS SUM LOGIC AND COME BACK NEXT TIME bladeofapollo

RockCrock alreadyadmitted Gville was wrong.

It's not our fault they left so late and DIDN'T FIND A WAY TO CALL US WHEN ALL OUR NUMBERS ARE POSTED IN THE FIRST THREAD.

GETOWNED :sonic:

P.S. Next time we are going to have Melee Doubles Regardless. So Melee Singles will start later anyway, O and I'm goin 2 wreck all of U in Melee Singles!!! Lol(I'll @ least donate 5 dollars to the pot) Or I can put myself against one of U so U can wreck me in Melee singles :)

Ballistics

Smash Champion
Don't get me wrong blade of apollo, Nick is one of the nicest guys I know, Darvon, and Drew as well.

And they are really good TOs so I was just surprised that they didn't switch up the events.

But yea just bad communication

Zone

Smash Champion
Shoutouts:

I had no problem with the tournament. I mean I wish gainesville could have started off in winners, but bleh what can one do. A mistake is a mistake, just have to learn from it and correct it in the future. Thank you gainesville for coming out. Made Melee all the more fun for me. And I hope despite the tourney set back you guys had enough fun as well.

@AWAL + DREW: Thanks for holding it as long as possible, I actually thought the tourney was gonna just not include them since we started signing up like at 12:00.

@Dan: NEED MOAR COUNTERZ!!

@SexPuma: Sorry i couldn't help you out more, I was super not warmed up at the start of the morning, and I don't know much about doc/mario/luigi metagame to help you out. So I had to resort to just telling you the gay things that Kyle does to me.

@Kyle: Good to see you again man, good **** winning.

@Toobz: STAY FOX MAN!!! Already got all that work put into him, keep him up to beat. Don't be like me with 18 mains, and get stuck from advancing. After this tourney I am only going to play Falcon. I feel like I only know the options best with him vs all my other characters. And my fox has been so inconsistent over the past 6 years. I'm just gonna drop him. Just cuz I randomly doo really good with him one tourney doesn't really mean I should keep playing him when The next 3 I play I can't even l-cancel with more than 75% Consistency.

@Derrick: You dork lol. I called you and told you they were doing melee sign ups and to get ur butt there. <3

@Josh: No johns, except that I didn't warm up with zelda at all lol. Do you know of any ways falcon can get out of shield pressure besides trying to roll out or shield grabbing. and your 15 up-air roy combo was so gay lol, I was trying to tech so hard, when I shoulda just DI'd lol

@ROCKCROCK: Stop disguising your fox in a Donkey Kong Costume. We didn't get to play any 1v1 friendlies. I've been to like 4-5 tourneys you are at but I only do friendlies in teams with you lol. Must change that atleast once next time. cuz I love the falcon vs ganon match up, and I'm ok with DK vs Falcon, nasty combos back and forth.

@LOUDJOHN: LoL you're are such a cool guy and very insightful to info. Your Marth is so much better than mine at covering more options.

@IH: GOOD... VERY GOOD... Haha You guys are hilarious, Too bad I couldn't convince my brother to come. He would fit so well with you 2.

@RAM: NEXT TIME MAN!!! Incase you were wondering what I was trying to choose, when you so quickly went to stage select, I was gonna try my falcon on your luigi, but I said bah screw it, Fox it is.

@Reflex: I was the Falcon you played in melee loser's. You got voice mind games. You tell me to double jump and I thought you were gonna try and mix it up with a lie lol. You honest *******. Also Good stuff coming back when I had a 2 stock lead. I got desperate for a kill and it was my down fall. I have too much respect for your bowser to go shiek. I just see it as dirty, if I have to use an auto-win to win. that's not manly at all. Atleast that's how I see it.

@Raistlin: I've always had a cold shoulder to you at most tournaments Because the first time I met you I camped your puff cuz Isn't that what you're suppose to do? Anyways you weren't pleased with the results and you didn't shake my hand and you infact would say "Gay" when I did something good, and "Good stuff" when Someone combo'd me. But at this tournament I gave you a second chance and was pleased to find you to be not such a bad guy. I need to give pple more chances to prove themselves than basing it off one day when At that time I was considered a random. And no one likes losing to a random you think you're gonna ****. GG's man hope to meet you in the future, and it was nice to see the other side.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
But yea just bad communication
This pretty much sums it up; thread over.

I think we can agree that Gainesville could've taken better steps to assure the TO's of their intent. On the other hand, unless stated otherwise, the last thing someone posts holds true. If HTG said Gville would be late, unless they say "We're not coming" assume they're still coming and will be late.

So yea, in conclusion:

Ballistics said:
bad communication

D_B_S

Smash Lord
We wait for Gville from 12:30 to 1:45 and started the tourney late because of that

We couldnt start brawl teams over melee singles because at that time not enough ppl was there

Derek running all the tourneys at the same time is dumb

anyways

Hope everyone drops the drama.... and ppl that werent there on time plz dont speak out about
how messed up it is that we didnt wait......cuz everyone there knows we waited

Hope to see yall again

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
Alex, good seeing you as always

Derrick, lets play some melee this week.

Awal, we're cool man.

RockCrock, next time I will go Fox (no johns :p)

LoudJohn, you were a cool dude. GGs man.

Taco, good stuff man. I'm really impressed with your falco and shiek.

Ragnarock, didn't get to play you very much (besides doubles), next time we'll get more friendlies.

Raistlin, good games. We had some pretty even matches fox vs puff :p Our characters aren't gay, their just too good. ;)

HarriettheGuy, Fox dittos are so much fun. Really enjoyed our matches

Really fun tournament though for sure. Gainseville being there really made it a lot better. Our crew battle was great. Next time Tally will step it up though!

DBS, Mike, Drew and everyone else, good tourney!

RockCrock

Smash Champion
15 Rasitlin (Jiggs) v 15 Ballistics (Falco) - DL
12 Rasitlin (Jiggs) v 10 Toobz (Fox) - YS
10 Harriettheguy (Fox) v 8 Toobz (Fox) - BF
6 Harriettheguy (Fox) v 5 Green_Mario (Mario) - DL
5 RockCrock (Ganondorf) v 5 Green_Mario (Mario) - BF
2 Gainesville v 0 Tallahassee

Pretty sure.

KBM

Smash Ace
dang Rock u keep mindgamin me with that avatar