• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Can't we all just hold hands and sing Why Can't We Be Friends?

Remember, the true enemy is :metaknight:
...Well, he is for me.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
come one dude. Marth isn't that bad. I 2 stocked Pierce's Marth at Ktar 4 in tournament. He's not the best, but don't pretend he isn't good.

Also, ICies isn't that bad. It's still bad though.

Protip: Shield on a platform. when they u-air, up-B oos. Then punish them when they try to land on the ground

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
come one dude. Marth isn't that bad. I 2 stocked Pierce's Marth at Ktar 4 in tournament. He's not the best, but don't pretend he isn't good.

Also, ICies isn't that bad. It's still bad though.

Protip: Shield on a platform. when they u-air, up-B oos. Then punish them when they try to land on the ground
Marth isn't the greatest marth ever! (love you Pierce)

IC's sucks :/

I do that for days!

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Marth is pretty bad, you need to know how to trade with him. We can trade with a lot of his moves, and it's almost always worth it.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Marth gets ****ed up once we get inside on him. Just look out for DS and DB. Our grab game > his grab game.

Also, just platform camp ICs, start on BF if you can. UpB will drag them up in the air with you if they get too auspicious with their upair, and from there you can proceed to **** them up.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Marths tech in place into upb beats all of our options,except dtilt

Also Fair and Dtilt are your best options in this match up:L

Bair is also still very useful but don't get predddiiiiccctaaable.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Marths tech in place into upb beats all of our options,except dtilt

Also Fair and Dtilt are your best options in this match up:L

Bair is also still very useful but don't get predddiiiiccctaaable.
that doesn't make sense. If we have a 14 frame advantage then we can do more then that.

Also don't forget. You can clash with marth's up-B, he isn't invincible on the frame that it hits.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I am pretty sure regrab and insta-dash attack will hit marth if he techs in place. Charging smashes and timing it right will hit too.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
oh forgot about dash attack,yea that works
Also just shielding in place will work as well lol
haven't tried regrab

Bad assumption on my part

maah baaaad

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
If this is true, then how does Marth UpB bombs on Green Greens without taking damage?
I dunno.

I'm saying all of this based off of what NL has shown me and told me. I was recovering as Marth and he kept stage spiking me and told me it was because Marth's hit comes out right when the invincibility is gone. I could be wrong though.

I do know for a fact that if we have a 14 frame advantage then we should be able to dtilt, utilt, jab, f-tilt, dash attack, and grab a marth who techs in place.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Marth is pretty bad, you need to know how to trade with him. We can trade with a lot of his moves, and it's almost always worth it.
Trading with Marth ***** Marth in this matchup. The last thing he wants to do is consistently trade against G&W. Specifically, he doesn't want to trade with G&W's F-air at all, and that will happen a TON if he thinks his F-air is amazing in this matchup.

Also Marth's Up-B is invincible 1-5, hits on 5. Checked on PSA for good measure.

And G&W's D-throw is stupidly underrated. =)

I wouldn't try U-tilting Marth after D-throw unless you know he likes to get greedy with tech in place Up-B, and he's at a percent where it would kill him (140ish will do).

G&W's need to step up their D-throw game. We should NOT be falling to bull**** after people tech in place. Either you commit to punishing the tech in place with something that works, or you commit to punishing a techroll.

Something occurred to me...I wonder if G&W can N-air tall people like Marth, Zelda, and Sheik for teching in place. God****it, now I need to research another move.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
@A2ZOMG: N-air comes out on frame 12 or 13 so it should work on taller characters
also, B-air works on mk even if he doesn't tech

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
You completely disagree huh? Learn to read...
Oh, my bad. Yeah trading with Marth is super good though, and it's actually not as hard as people think it is. Also, give me a break. I'm normally very good about deciphering other walls of text.

What I was kinda thinking though, I really can't imagine Marth being anywhere nearly as difficult as Metaknight. Yeah he doesn't get D-smashed after D-throw, but in almost every way besides edgetrapping he is inferior to Metaknight. Most notably, his walls are not as hard to break, and he's easier to edgeguard.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
If you wanna win vs MK, it has to be a close to 8 minute game, and you gotta kill at 80 or less every stock.

Oh and take at least 150% each stock.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
A while back, didn't we talk about punishing Snake's Ftilt? Like, somewhere between the first hit and the second hit, you can hit him?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Yeah you can hit him, but it's hard. I am pretty sure you can dtilt him, and probably fair. If you don't react fast enough you'll get ftilted or utilted.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
A while back, didn't we talk about punishing Snake's Ftilt? Like, somewhere between the first hit and the second hit, you can hit him?
Snake if I recall is approximately -8 or 9 on block in between hits of F-tilt at max speed. If he ONLY does F-tilt 1 though, he's like...closer to -24 on block.

The point is however you should definitely try to F-air out of shield against Snake's F-tilt here and there. When you are in the air, his F-tilt 2 is significantly less dangerous given that it does about 2 less damage and significantly less knockback. If he tries to be "safe" with F-tilt 1, he just gets hit. If you get hit by a weakened F-tilt 2, it's less to cry about than normally getting hit by his F-tilt. It's a risk reward situation that is usually in G&W's favor depending on spacing.

If you're facing backwards though, generally just wait for F-tilt 2 and B-air out of shield. And generally speaking spacing B-air really well is not bad against Snake as long as you are observant about where he leaves his grenades.

Don't D-tilt out of shield unless he's at high percents and if you know he's going to F-tilt2. Just wait for F-tilt2 and then D-tilt out of shield.

Exdeath

Smash Master
I think that Marth/ICs are worse than Meta Knight. Marth's Up-B is definitely invincible on the first frame that it hits.

So Vex's GaW sucks? Uhhhhh what?

Consistently power ranked player, tons of tourney wins, basing this off of him 2 stocking MVD (who is NOT bad lmao and rly good, perhaps a tad unknowledged at the matchup who knows but still), etc etc etc I could go on forever. Vex is mos def a top 3 GaW and actually takes the time to practice and discover new techs and things about the character and such.

There is way too much salt in this thread
Why are you on the G&W boards? :oneeye:

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Got first in teams today. Beat Espy and KPrime. Teamed with Ice, a local Dallas player. It was fun.

The last time I played brawl was MLG Dallas, didn't practice at all before tourney either. Secret technique: spam UpB, Bair, and smash of your choice. Also, don't get hit.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm tired of brawl for now and am taking a break. G&W is fun but not my style. I'll keep him as a secondary when I start playing again. Keep up the winning steak- oops, wrong boards. Keep up the good work and Dthrow combos.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Got first in teams today. Beat Espy and KPrime. Teamed with Ice, a local Dallas player. It was fun.

The last time I played brawl was MLG Dallas, didn't practice at all before tourney either. Secret technique: spam UpB, Bair, and smash of your choice. Also, don't get hit.
omg,u double trolled me D:

loool

and gj

Vinnie

Smash Master
1st/8 in doubles today at DNA, me and Atomsk beat Fatal and Kool-aid twice. I used mostly ics/rob/peach in singles. The only game I advanced with g&w was against Bizkit one game, the other game I used ROB.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
Snake if I recall is approximately -8 or 9 on block in between hits of F-tilt at max speed. If he ONLY does F-tilt 1 though, he's like...closer to -24 on block.

The point is however you should definitely try to F-air out of shield against Snake's F-tilt here and there. When you are in the air, his F-tilt 2 is significantly less dangerous given that it does about 2 less damage and significantly less knockback. If he tries to be "safe" with F-tilt 1, he just gets hit. If you get hit by a weakened F-tilt 2, it's less to cry about than normally getting hit by his F-tilt. It's a risk reward situation that is usually in G&W's favor depending on spacing.

If you're facing backwards though, generally just wait for F-tilt 2 and B-air out of shield. And generally speaking spacing B-air really well is not bad against Snake as long as you are observant about where he leaves his grenades.

Don't D-tilt out of shield unless he's at high percents and if you know he's going to F-tilt2. Just wait for F-tilt2 and then D-tilt out of shield.
Mmkay, thanks.

Top Bottom