• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Naw I think after the first it's 1/8

I use chair, I don't think it's abysmal or anything, some characters like Gdorf would kill for the chair, but GW just has a really good moveset and chair lacks compared to everything else.

Judgement is situational and risky but the reward is high and when you're in a bind it can completely turn a match. Both are limited but chair doesn't have a redeeming factor that can make as big a difference.
G&W would kill to have Ganon's F-tilt as opposed to his current one.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Hi hi guys! I wanted to say today is the day! I'm getting my mini-surgery or a vacuum in me and they're going to pump out a lot of the bad things in me that's been making me feel horrible. Hopefully what they get is all of it and not life-threatening! -crosses fingers.- ; I'm so sorry for being inactive, though... I've just been in bed all day, in pain, throwing up, and having fevers and such. We'll see how this goes! If all goes well I should be recovering very soon and I can be of help again! I'm really sorry again!!

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Hi hi guys! I wanted to say today is the day! I'm getting my mini-surgery or a vacuum in me and they're going to pump out a lot of the bad things in me that's been making me feel horrible. Hopefully what they get is all of it and not life-threatening! -crosses fingers.- ; I'm so sorry for being inactive, though... I've just been in bed all day, in pain, throwing up, and having fevers and such. We'll see how this goes! If all goes well I should be recovering very soon and I can be of help again! I'm really sorry again!!
Yes, be sorry that you are sick and it's beyond your control.

Just keep looking cute and get better =)

Soon I'll have to start hitting on Zac

No offense to Zac though, he's a sexy dude

Like if we were drunk and he was playing GW REALLY well that night... well nevermind

Edit: Changed good to well. Good is an adjective not an adverb

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Lol, I think people on smashboards should be the least of your worries. Don't apologize.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
D'aw! Thank you very much, guys! I'm back at home now! I'm in a lot a pain, though. But I took some IBprophine(sp?) So hopefully it'll kick in! I'll probably try and rest most of the day. I'll try and be back as soon as possible!
Ibuprofen, and yeah chill and relax. Sit back on the la-z-boy blow your bubble pipe and time out Level 9s

It's actually surprisingly fun, I started doing it out of boredom and to practice playing gay and it's funny too

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I learned on wifi today that it's impossible to win vs zss and olimar, and if you play too much wifi you get 3stocked by scrubby luigis.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Hey, I've been cut open. They went in, sewed up some organs, got out.

It's great. I'm sure you'll feel better right away. Lame part of my stay is that they taped me up, but ended up taping some ... armhair... but I didn't know so the whole time I was recuperating I thought there was this pain in my arm and I couldn't lift it. >_<

Honestly the nurses were like newbs and the worst part of everything.

My advice to you is make sure operators actually anaesthetized you if they anaesthetize you. I felt the knife taken to my thorax. While paralyzed.

Whee.

Aww, I missed the part about this already having happened. >_____<

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
I learned on wifi today that it's impossible to win vs zss and olimar, and if you play too much wifi you get 3stocked by scrubby luigis.
lmao chic, You just have to get him frustrated then he becomes obvious lol.
bairspam

and i ***** amethia's ZSS on FD today lmao. idk why her score is so high.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
K chic ***** me game 1. I daired into a fully charged usmash first stock, sandbagged second stock (got comboed to ****), and then 3rd stock he rolled behind me jab upb at like 50% I die. He was at 69% too :'(.

I won second game, and third game I choked mad hard on halberd, and then I stopped playing wifi cause I was pissed.

I almost beat amethia's zss with gaw, then beat her with falco on fd, then she went to castle siege, and I suicided twice basically. ****ing wifi.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Ibuprofen, and yeah chill and relax. Sit back on the la-z-boy blow your bubble pipe and time out Level 9s

It's actually surprisingly fun, I started doing it out of boredom and to practice playing gay and it's funny too
You're kidding right? Timing out level 9s is how I got rid of my restlessness some nights and doing that helped me fall asleep because of how boring it is, no joke.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
You're kidding right? Timing out level 9s is how I got rid of my restlessness some nights and doing that helped me fall asleep because of how boring it is, no joke.
Actually I do it as i'm falling asleep too, but I don't fall asleep because it's boring I fall asleep because i'm tired

I also play classic mode as MK and get to level 11 just so i can scrooge the FFA, no joke lol

But i've got strange tastes anyway

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
Dont call my name, dont call my name, ALEJANDRO
Ale ale jandro, ale ale jandroo

Lololol @ me listening to this.

-waits for dajayman's response-

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
ignore this I just took some losses really hard.. Like REALLY hard, im usually very good at containing my composure but I dunno, I just felt all kinds of angry at once.

I've been brawling since release date. I'm not gonna just give up though, i've had a chance to calm down. Still though, I'm sorry. I'm only particularly good with one character and I can't even win dittos with him. It's ****ing aggravating. Why am I not getting better... I don't know what I'm doing wrong...

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
i suggest wifi if you can't get constant offline practice. Good tool for recognizing match ups and stuff. But yea, don't give up yet =l

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I can't win in GaW dittos either. I don't think I've ever won a GaW ditto, yet I can take on snakes/mks/marths/diddys no problem. Especially snakes. What I am trying to say is that one match-up doesn't mean you're bad, and gaw dittos are just straight up ********, and they don't matter in the long run. If you can do the match-ups vs the s/a tier, then you're fine.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Yeah, the GW ditto is all about who gets hit first. It's a dumb ditto, almost as bad as MK but not as often repeated.

Frio

Smash Champion

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I do play online. And I've always said GW ditto is dumb but I'm a better GW than the GWs I'm losing to. They don't do near as well as I do against various characters but then they still win the ditto, and i've tried to play patiently. It works sometimes but I still shouldn't be losing, man...

But thanks, guys. I'm just gonna keep at it. I'm usually not one to get all uber srs...

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
Me and Penta had some fun GW dittos earlire (:

I actually recommend wifi to you guys.
Gw sucks on wifi tbh (which is why you don't see many GWs dominating wifi). But it does do something.
What wifi has done for me is help me read players better. Something you can't really do vs a CPU since they are usually so predictable. ;P

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I do play online. And I've always said GW ditto is dumb but I'm a better GW than the GWs I'm losing to. They don't do near as well as I do against various characters but then they still win the ditto, and i've tried to play patiently. It works sometimes but I still shouldn't be losing, man...

But thanks, guys. I'm just gonna keep at it. I'm usually not one to get all uber srs...
Smart play helps, but sometimes there is just lots of BS in gaw dittos. Dthrow is broken in the match-up, and a usmash kills stupidly early. One lucky hit can mean the game.

EDIT: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=278480 someone join this. Get to play some samus =D

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
Oh snap, we get to play Samus' players?
I have little to none Samus EXP, YAY!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I play vs Samus a lot, and it can be an annoying matchup.

But it's pretty solidly in G&W's favor, since you just kill her a lot more easily and have better tools for juggling and edgeguards. It's similar fundamentally to the ROB matchup lol.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
^ Aha! That's super awesome. XD

On another note! I'm back and I feel really good! I have to take some pills with bad side effects but it'll work out! XP Sadly, my sickness made me lose my job. So I'm job hunting at the moment, so I'm taking a break from Smash since I'm also going into my freshman year of college. However, I can continue to work on threads and help out with knowledge + WiFi! So yeah!! Thanks for the patience! I'll get things working on tomorrow!

Top Bottom