• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

blind_angel16

Smash Cadet
Before anyone of us can make a G&W community video we need a strong lineup of G&W players who can inspire other players to start using him

Flashy clips, tricks, mindgames into stuff, everything worth looking at are welcome
I'll look through my replays to see if I have anything worthy to be in a G&W community video. :) Do offline matches count? And, dare I ask it, matches against computer players? I live in the country, and my only frequent opponent is my sister, so besides many videos against her, I have a few lulzy videos of my G&W taking down some level 9 computer players. Would those work, too? I think it would get monotonous if all you got from me is my G&W against my sister's Zelda, lol.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I'm working on a video right now, I'm just in the process of rerecording everything with stage music off so i can have sound in the video with the song that i'm making it with.

If push comes to shove i'll make it, but a lot of my awesome stuff is saved onto other wiis =/ I have a tourney next weekend I'll see what I can find when everyone brings their wiis

-LzR-

Smash Hero
If you look at the match before that point, you can see what kind of a mess it is to force that 9 xD

blind_angel16

Smash Cadet

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Offline matches counts yes, and NO computer matches

* We must have a enough / good players i guess before we can do something
* I only have movie maker to edit in and most other character videos are with like Sony vegas i think (Not 100% sure tho)
* At least i can help recording replays from people if not the one who make the video want to record everything alone.
* I think the people who attending the video are the players who post on G&W baords, not people who dont use him or almost never posing here or just post because they want to be on youtube, prefered imo
* Dont use Subspace clips in the combo video as intro or in the end of the video, ive heard people dislike it
* We need one with a good edit program, i dont think it Windows live movie maker and Windows movie maker are good enough for a G&W community combo video.
If anyone are intressted to make the whole video it would be nice, recording isnt a problem.

Smileyface have Sony Vegas? great, at least something and you have hard time being better without make any videos :pPPP
Like I said in the past, I can record and edit but it wouldn't be in HD and I only have Windows Movie Maker now. So if I made a community video it wouldn't look much better than this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXW31X-KCmc

-LzR-

Smash Hero
If you read their roll or getup you can score a 9 against several characters. I don't think we can force a getup really.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
It works on a lot of characters, but 9 can miss on many since it has a lot smaller hitbox :(

Anyways, about Dthrow...

Is it overall worth it to go for a regrab? A dashattack or dsmash if they don't tech or a fair or an usmash will deal a lot more damage than like 3 regrabs and it only requires one read.
What do you say?

@Makke: Do you mean that if your opponent doesn't tech or techs in place, you could combo into hammer kinda like you can dsmash? That would sound amazing.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Now I get what you mean. A lot of ppl still have trouble teching in Finland and sometimes you don't tech on purpose. I like your idea, I'll experiment with it.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
But no DI? People out of habit will move the directional stick in SOME direction when they get Dthrow'd. Especially if they get grabbed (Mashing)

As awesome as it sounds i just can't see it ever happening =/

But maybe i'm wrong, I would LOVE to see this become super useful

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I normally do way better in the MK matchup but I got ***** by every one I played the other day.

I was probably having an off MK day or something

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
I normally do way better in the MK matchup but I got ***** by every one I played the other day.

I was probably having an off MK day or something
All depends on your initial momentum against MK. Well that's how I feel. Pretty hard to reverse the momentum.

Top Bottom