• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Paradigm Presents: WAIT WAT?! Results (6/6/09)

fkacyan

Smash Hero
can some one update the results with characters? Low tier mainly.
If people tell me who they used in low tiers, sure. I'll be honest, the reason I ran the event was because people wanted it. I honestly couldn't care less about it roflmao.

Teams was double MK victory as I recall.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
mad fun @ this.

i was lame for getting tight @ the end of our set ksizzle. I will learn to beat that move!

adhd i will camp harder...i sware it. and my diddy is mad good.

kai we will get sonic back where he belongs

allied 2 good in teams and thanks for letting me get a ride him in "Beast" and your samuel L jackson GPS system.

shadow mad fun talking 2 u as usual and good stuff in low tiers. i didnt play u in regular singles but u seemed to be beasting

snakeee great set in losers. close matches are very close!! also mad fun talking 2 u.

atomsk & inui...suprisingly enuf we interacted alot yesterday and u guys were mad cool. i dont usually talk 2 u guys alot (for reasons unknown) but u were both mad cool yesterday and inuis ike was beastly.

doom u were ****** me aside from warios lame down-b. great matches man!

Oh and thanks to everyone who hosted this...it was mad chill and i got to play like 10,000 friendlies which is always pleasant ^_^

the wario will get better...its just gonna take some time lol.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Shoutouts from Cyanide:

@JG: Foooooooooooooooootstooooooooooooooled. Turns out even with that I still need some concentrate to win tho, 100%'s a bit much =(
@Doom: Not gonna lie, that was probably the most disappointing loss I've ever had, esepcially since I started comboin' the crap outta ya towards the end there. wtb dilution
@Malcolm: Glad you could make it, haven't seen you in while.
@Kai: The low tier character list hatred is too strong.
@Cyanide: Stop losing, you'll never get a real crew that way!

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
cyanide- i used PT and jigglypuff for low tiers.
i just realized i didn't use wario at all yesterday =/. i'll be sure to use him next week... still need some more practice with him though. learned some stuff about wario here.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I beat Gunblade in Snake dittos, so I need "Meta Knight/Snake" next to my name, please. :bee:

Also, I don't think I used Ganondorf in low tier singles, just low tier teams. I had to fight Snakeee, Shadow, and MalcolmM, and nobody else, so I wasn't about to use Ganondorf...

Orion*

Smash Researcher
1: ADHD ($126.00) (Diddy Kong) - great set :], your tricks on brinstar are gay XD. def call me next time your just going out, we need to play more.
2: Atomsk ($63.00) (Luigi / Meta Knight / D3) - a lot of fun playing, especially in teams. always fun hanging out also
3: ksizzle ($21.00) (Meta Knight / Ice Climbers) - we are defintely going to m2k train ourselves once school is out :]
4: Shadow (Meta Knight) - random money matches, get at my ganon XDDDD
5: Inui (Meta Knight / Snake) - we had a great teams set. thanks so much for helping with the tourny :D
5: Orion (Meta Knight) - GET FIRST YOU SCRUB :urg:!!!!!
7: Snakeee (Zero Suit Samus) - nice teams game, your ZSS is unique. i think i understand it a lot more though now.
7: kai (Sonic / Diddy Kong) - one of the best brawl sets i've played. great games
9: holychef - step it uppppp, i've seen you **** harder :D
9: malcolm - you need to come over and play me one day so i can get good X]
9: dave - you screwed kai with CPing delphino on me and ksizzle XDDD
9: dapuffster - your random glitches are hilarious
13: allied - awesome meeting you, your kirby is sweet. great snake to O_o
13: gunblade - we need to jam soon
13: Doom - almost losing to cyanide? XD step it up
13: cloudfox - great meeting you
17: scope - your always chill dude. great seeing you, see you at gayming world soon.
17: Apple - stop defeating yourself
17: lightning12 - NJ pack in the future?
17: Bye (Cyanide) - dont get pissed off. it doesnt help. Ever.
17: inferno - NJ Pacccck

if someone returns my controller that would be great, but considering how most people dont really care, ill just have to save and buy a new one. thats great :ohwell:

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
Wow, you guys fit in 4 events? This is how you run a tourney. In MD/VA it'd be like "hey guyz we're havin low tiers, doubles starts at 11 sharp if you're late you're disqualified"

Then at like 2 PM "k guys doubles is starting, oh btw we're not gonna have low tiers, people who came for that are screwed"

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Wow, you guys fit in 4 events? This is how you run a tourney. In MD/VA it'd be like "hey guyz we're havin low tiers, doubles starts at 11 sharp if you're late you're disqualified"

Then at like 2 PM "k guys doubles is starting, oh btw we're not gonna have low tiers, people who came for that are screwed"
NJ is top tier in both skill and hosting. :bee:

Orion, Cyanide, and Bajisci did well, and I helped them a bit. It worked out really well. We finished at around 11:30pm I think.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
NJ is top tier in both skill and hosting. :bee:

Orion, Cyanide, and Bajisci did well, and I helped them a bit. It worked out really well. We finished at around 11:30pm I think.
Heh, Apple did most of the behind the scenes work in both preparing for the tourney and during it, he deserves a lot of credit too, though what he did wasn't as readily apparent.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
I didn't "almost lose" to Cyanide. I went G&W game 1 because I was still extremely depressed about my loss to Malcolm round 1 (I'll get to that later), and not feeling confident in my MK. My G&W definitely wasn't ready, and I lost the first match. Then I went MK on Frigate and 2-stocked him in the ditto, and last match was MK vs. ZSS on FD, last stock 40%. Cyanide, you shouldn't be THAT frustrated about that loss, it wasn't close until I lost my second stock anyway. Btw, stick with ZSS against MKs, you aren't ready for the ditto yet. You definitely know the ZSS/MK match way better. Good games, though.

In match 1 vs. Malcolm, I kept it even or better in my favor the entire time. I played the match exactly how it should be played imo, but kept getting farted on way too early (I need to watch for that more, I learned my lesson). I died 3 times to fart, only one of them being above 100%. At the end of the last match, I was gliding at Malcolm at 130% while he was at 150, missed the A button for my glide attack, and got farted on to lose the match. I got extremely upset but tried to cool down and took it back to FD. I then SDed at 1% trying to get a kill offstage where I couldn't see the edge. Really frustrating way to lose. I'm not upset that I lost to Malcolm, just upset that that's how it came to be.

bajisci

Smash Ace
towards the end JG helped me a bunch as well so mad props to him

Top Bottom