• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pathways Smash XII May - Ft. Dart, Iori, KC, StL, Arkansas, and more!

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Hey, I live in the Springfield area and I just havent looked for competitive play because ive been busy. This will be when I have a nice break so count me and probably a few local buddies in
Awesome. We have monthly tournaments here in Springfield at Pathways, though we normally don't get so many travelers. This tournament will be pretty special, so it's a good time to join in and have matches against some top-level players.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Who's Iori? Never heard of him. Then again, I haven't kept up with the Melee scene in so long.
Iori isn't new by any means. He's that smasher that has no main, but still consistently places well with basically any char. There are vids of him.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Iori isn't new by any means. He's that smasher that has no main, but still consistently places well with basically any char. There are vids of him.
When I say I haven't kept up with the Melee scene in a long time, I'm talking about in the past 4 years. I quit paying attention in 08'. Unless he was around then or before and winning big tournaments, I wouldn't have heard of him.

It's going to be awesome to see/play against ihavespaceballs again. It's been almost a year, I think.

Smashallday

Smash Rookie
@zivilyn like right down the road from MSU local, not from here though. and yah im always down to play but itd have to be sometime before finals start ramping up or something

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Iori is pretty underground for as long as he's been around. He's insanely good though. Check out his elo.

I want to propose we use a $10 entry fee. I know our locals are going to be sad but, we have some serious Midwest/South talent coming to this expecting a legitimate tournament experience. I think we should step up and put a little more money on the line to increase our chances of bringing these high level players back. If somebody can't do $10, PM me and I'll see if I can help.

What do you say?

EDIT: Smashallday, PM me your number dude. We can txt. We are playing tonight and also tomorrow if you're down.

:phone:

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I can also record and got dem subscribers because of Apex

Iori, IHSB, Nite, and (Pika)Chad are the mavens of the midsouth :p They all have tourney wins over great great players.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Dart, I have a couple of really good vs Samus tricks I can show you :)

Entry Fee is going to be $10 with top 4 payout unless you guys can convince me why we shouldn't.

P:M side event so bring your setups with SD cards :p

Cookiemonsta

Smash Ace
Crap. Sheik is the only character I can't play Captain well against. Looks like I'mma have to dust off my spacies.

but at any rate, I'm down for the 10$ Singles fee. Will doubles be 10$ also or is it still gon be 5$ per person?

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Dubs will be $5 per person.

If you are in the Springfield Crew and can't pay the $10 and want to play, PM me and I'll see if I can help.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
all not in favor go **** yourselves IM MAKIN HELLA $ AT THIS YO

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Iori is such a ****in ********** **** ** ribs *** ****er

Dart!

Smash Master
I was under the impression Marth > Samus fairly easily. No?
Not really, it used to be but samus players have gotten a lot better at CCing and avoiding some of marths go to stuff. He doesn't have the kind of aggro/agile grab that sheik does despite having bigger range. it doesn't matter how big your grab is if it isn't fast enough to reach them it doesn't matter.
On the other end there are still super bad situations for samus vs marth and i just need to improve at getting samus in them.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Actually I'm holding off on finding a teammate until I know 100% that I'll be able to enter. I'm scheduled to work that Saturday and am trying to find somebody to trade a day off with me.

EDIT: Also, this will be how seeding is done. In Tio, it lets you designate a number for skill and then seed by skill. We are going to use this as our foundation for seeding pools:
10 Skill = 1700+ Elo
9 Skill = 1600-1699 Elo
8 Skill = 1500-1599 Elo
7 Skill = 1400-1499 Elo
6 Skill = 1300-1399 Elo
5 Skill = 1200-1299 Elo
4 Skill = 1100-1199 and Unrated Elo
3 Skill = 1000-1099 Elo
2 Skill = 900-999 Elo
1 Skill = Below 900 Elo

Also Elo's will be based off current Elo's as listed in the SSBPD. See page one, post three of this thread for an updated list of entrants and their Elo's, in order of Elo.

Top Bottom