• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PC chris' mindgames

Letgomeluckycharms

Smash Rookie
I wacth videos of PC chris' falco, and in the comments people are always giong crazy about how he has such awesome mindgames, but when I watch, i cant seem to see any. The only one that i've seen was when he was vsing M2k on PS and DDing. Can someone point out the little stuff that he does?

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
I wacth videos of PC chris' falco, and in the comments people are always giong crazy about how he has such awesome mindgames, but when I watch, i cant seem to see any. The only one that i've seen was when he was vsing M2k on PS and DDing. Can someone point out the little stuff that he does?
what is your definition of mind games?

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Mind games are more then just dash dancing and wave dash spamming. Of course they are that but mind games in general or more subtle. For instance he might change his combo a little to throw the opponent off or use the over b illusion instead of the full. After a sfl'd dair he might shine and then jump and do it again or he might wave dash in place and shine again or he jump cancel a grab. Thats the point of mind games, not letting your opponent know what your going to do. Thats why pc chris does so well. Lots of people do tech just as well as pc chris but without a way to apply it the tech doesn't mean much.

xelad1

Smash Ace
mindgames doesn't really mean anything... He basically just plays smart, noticing opponents movement patterns, teching patterns, attack patterns... all that stuff is what people talk about when they say he has great mindgames. His "mindgames" are not necessarily better than any of the other top pros such as mew2king and koreandj or ken, azen etc.... I think the reason people focus on that with PC is because everyone is so busy (or at least they were) debating between him and bombsoldier labeling PC as a mindgame falco and bombsoldier as a technical falco... WHO WUD WINZ??? who gives a **** is more like it, but that lable is just silly PC plays smart just like all pros and top pros, its just something you become better at with time. Also I think the whole point of mindgames is to make them not apparent otherwise they wouldn't work so they shouldn't be glaringly obvious to you.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
i don't even play falco anymore <_<, ppl just say my falco has "mindgames" just cuz its not super fast like bomb soldiers and if its not super fast ppl are like"oh well then he must have a mind games style" but as someone said earlier all pro players have to be smart so i dont rly understand why im considered the mind games falco , its just me being me <_< i play the same way with all my characters but to answer his question. You can see someone using"mindgames" in mostly any high level match. just watch someone run up and wait for his foe to sidestep then punishes him, or predicting where he/she will roll. Even tricking them into DI'ing a weak move towards you just so u can combo it into a stronger move all i guess can be considered mindgames. :dizzy:

InfiniteGXT

Smash Journeyman
Seems like alot of pros are starting to play different characters.

As long as they do well I dont have a problem with it. Now if PC started going DK at every tournament and getting his *** kicked and not caring we would have some problems. >_>

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer

xelad1

Smash Ace
Since PC doesn't play Falco as much anymore... does that mean Forward is the best falco now? lol. gay
not necessarily, like PC said he plays the same way with every character and hes still **** good. It doesn't mean his falco will get super rusty or something, but PC still has a better tournament record than forward with falco. Either way I guess its not all that important since forward is amazing, but forward has been using more characters as of late too, his sheik and fox are both nasty.

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
pc is just trying to be mysterious. he is a falco. lolol

mindgames are the reason people win. the decisions of which attacks to use, which attack/defense strategies to use, which recovery tactics to use are all aspects of mindgames. this all amounts to how experienced you are with the game and with the metagame. this is why pc is the best.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
haha i dunno its hard to keep up with all these new falcos <_< LOL forward is staying with my friend currently and we've been playing a lot. Many people don't know but forward was my inspiration to main falco way back at MeleeFC3 (he used edge hop double laser then, yes b4 bomb soldier) when i used falco as like a secondary and thought i was the man at dittos and he smoked me. I think currently he is the best falco, i shouldn't really be considered best falco because i hardly use him except for a few match-ups where im not comfortable with fox where as he basically only uses falco and does well with him. =D maybe if my vcr worked we would be able to record some of our dittos <_<

chaddd

Smash Lord
haha i dunno its hard to keep up with all these new falcos <_< LOL forward is staying with my friend currently and we've been playing a lot. Many people don't know but forward was my inspiration to main falco way back at MeleeFC3 (he used edge hop double laser then, yes b4 bomb soldier) when i used falco as like a secondary and thought i was the man at dittos and he smoked me. I think currently he is the best falco, i shouldn't really be considered best falco because i hardly use him except for a few match-ups where im not comfortable with fox where as he basically only uses falco and does well with him. =D maybe if my vcr worked we would be able to record some of our dittos <_<
P.C. Chris rules. You're the reason I secondary Falco. We must clash someday.

All hail forward, creator of the double lasers
Man, you posted like a split second before me. Those games at INNV were fun as hell. I'm not sure if you remember me or not, though. Haha.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Seriously, modest to boot.

P.C I've watched pretty much every falco video you have on youtube (mainly for ideas)

and I think you have some of the best mindgames ive seen purely because even as a spectator I can't figure out what you're going to do next ...

Maybe you don't want to boast about your style, but it really is unique.. There's not another falco that plays like that.

Also, the speed at which you excecute your moves is really fast, which is another great aspect to the confusing nature of your playing.

So many falco's today are BORING. Bombsoldier even is boring after the hype (I was a fanboy too at one point) But your matches are always fresh and sometimes give me some new ideas...

GL with your new main and happy smashing. MG's for the win.

FlipNRed

Smash Apprentice
All hail forward, creator of the double lasers
and if i'm not correct, i believe PC you've modeled your comboes after forward's, no? all hail forward, innovator of falco combos!

the loops on jungle japes, yours also? can we hail you for that? =P

Zodiac

Smash Master
Lol, your were my imnspiration to pick up falco, even though he's still not as good as my mains. anyway, back on topic, the mindgames question has been answered well plenty of time.

xelad1

Smash Ace
I think we should sticky a forward/PC shrine at the top of the falco forums :p

humBAM

Smash Journeyman
yeah well PC is the main reason I mained falco too, cant wait to ditto again PC if you remember Connecticut ive gotten a lot better since then:psycho:

Letgomeluckycharms

Smash Rookie
When I saw PC's post, i was happy cuz i thought he would give some ideas straight up from himself.... but i guess not....:psycho: . :urg: .

Ryan-K

Smash Master
You can't get ideas.

I hate the term mindgames its sooooo abstract and whatnot

My friend tells me "just play" and it works for me so I guess it's good advice to follow @_@

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
wow its vulcan haha.

pc, how do you feel about all the bombsoldier hype?

honestly i dont know if hes still one of the best but back then he was my inspiration to start falco. it seems like falcos look more and more like his was back then and i think he changed the way falco was played, but im no expert.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
PC and Forward falco dittoing. I wanna see more of that. The videos of them up now are too old :(

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
all of you saying pc is mindgaming his opponent and watch for his mindgames are stupid, he doesnt go out attempting to trick people into doing things, he predicts people, makes predictions and just plays smart. Most pros do the same thing, quit worshiping these falco playerssssss

strider43

Smash Journeyman
i don't even play falco anymore <_<, ppl just say my falco has "mindgames" just cuz its not super fast like bomb soldiers and if its not super fast ppl are like"oh well then he must have a mind games style" but as someone said earlier all pro players have to be smart so i dont rly understand why im considered the mind games falco , its just me being me <_< i play the same way with all my characters but to answer his question. You can see someone using"mindgames" in mostly any high level match. just watch someone run up and wait for his foe to sidestep then punishes him, or predicting where he/she will roll. Even tricking them into DI'ing a weak move towards you just so u can combo it into a stronger move all i guess can be considered mindgames. :dizzy:

OH WELL THEN why don't we just do the kirby dance HUH?!?!?

<(^_^<) <(*_*)> (>^_^)>

Wait does this mean you admit BS can beat you T_T.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Anyone who thinks PC's Falco isn't technical has never tried to do the walk -> turnaround -> ledgegrab.

xelad1

Smash Ace

OH WELL THEN why don't we just do the kirby dance HUH?!?!?

<(^_^<) <(*_*)> (>^_^)>

Wait does this mean you admit BS can beat you T_T.
Unless that was a joke i don't see how his comment stated that BS could beat him at all.

I hate these technical/midgames debates they are all pointless because everyone spends time speculating what each means, and the extent to which they exist. As far as I'm concerned if you don't make technical errors (like missed shffls), and can pull out combos when the time comes then you are technical. I see all these silly people trying to do 20 JC shines but they still miss l cancells, wtf is that YOU ARE NOT TECHNICAL. If you look at PC or any top pro playing and you really pay attention they do complicated combos after setups all the time but they hardly ever screw them up.

Top Bottom