• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Matchups

Niko_K

Smash Master
He's been wanting to fight you... but he probably won't play Marth.

I'll play you too when you do. Just be on after 3:30 tomorrow. That okay?
Deal. But Id like to play his marth just to prove against your point, no offense or anything but I find marth a good matchup for peach.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
k, I'll tell him to play Marth. He's probably gonna laugh... I hope you can give him a good match. Give him hell for me. I want to see exactly how you can supposedly best a Marth as if he has a disadvantage on Peach...

parkermortensen

Smash Cadet
Apparently, VEC is a Smash Bros. God, but I haven't played him yet either.

RedMage, I basically assume you're a skilled player because of the time you dedicate to Smash related activities. I doubt you'd be wasting your time posting so much if you weren't at least decent.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Back on topic.

Ok, back to helping bluMilk out with this thread now. I'm not gonna give advice in here anymore. I'm sensing some hate....dont why...*shrugs* any problems or post that have to deal with me, PM me or IM me. So yea mage, sorry if I came off as insulting you, I was just talking about the Marth matchup from what your friend was telling me with your Peach, not you in general. Should have made that clear.

So Yea back on point. Someone help this guy out with wolf.

BluMilk

Smash Apprentice
no need to leave Dark pch. Your oppinion is appreciated. Your fanboyism (and everybodys elses for that matter) isnt.

So try and make logical post based on facts and not based on Peach's indeffinate Awsomeness.

SQKIsiggy

Smash Cadet
based on some of my fights with wolf

i hear u can chain grab (down) space animals, so do so if u can find the opportunity
float to avoid dumb lasers
use dair, i believe u can do good uair, nair combos out of dair at the early percentage
if u have turnips with u, u can try to space away from his gigantic range with glide tossing. but i wouldnt say u can projectile fight against his laser
id say bair and fair are useful here too. wolf's missed fsmash helps u out in closing the gap or widening the gap (for bair)

thats all i got, i dont play a lot of wolfs, though

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Wolf's recovery is easy to edgehog if you're fast. Seriously, Fair him off a stage then fair him again and you can gimp kill wolf easily. Peach's jab is an amazing move in general and her ability to stagger her attacks with her fox trot throws so many people off. I don't think wolf is that hard really because his attacks are easy to see coming. I'd like to play a really good wolf and see how correct my opinion is though.

Mada90

Smash Apprentice
I'll probably be facing soon a Peach in a tourney,and i was trying to find a decent counterpick among my mains.Wich should i be using between Jigglypuff,Zamus,Snake,Mr GandW and Pokemon Trainer?(mainly Squirtle)

Mada90

Smash Apprentice
That would be Jigglypuff,but I'd gladly avoid this matchup,boring as hell.
No good counterpick among the others?

SQKIsiggy

Smash Cadet
the matchup is boring, but i think peach has a better match against jiggly with her new range (ftilt and utilt does wonders)

id say mr gw, at least u can eat her shield and quickly attack out of upb and the such.

Pink Shinobi

Smash Ace
^_^ Its funny to see so much argument because there are no EXTREMELY bad match-ups in brawl (with what we know about brawl). And by that, I mean like the "Peach v IC's" or "Boozer v Sheik" match-ups in melee. Ya'll probably know wut I mean.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Remember how Peach used to wreck G&W in Melee? It's now the other way around.

G&W's B-air >>> Peach. It outranges everything she has, swats away projectiles, and destroys shields. Instant advantage to G&W. To make matters worse, he also kills at super low percents, and he is very difficult to edgeguard. Plus, his own projectile game actually isn't bad, and can be spammed much faster than Peach's. He's also a complete monster at juggling because his Up-B is amazingly versatile.

IIRC, can he duck under her grab? Oh yeah, his D-tilt also outranges everything Peach has.

Plus, if you can't tech G&W's D-throw, he gets a free D-smash. WHICH ALWAYS OWNS. G&W's D-smash is now literally the best D-smash in the game IMO. It has more range than it did in Melee IIRC, the non-sweetspot is a super strong semi spike, and the sweetspot...that has too much vertical KO power. It's also reasonably fast and lagless.

G&W is mad good in Brawl. Watch out for him.

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
Being on topic, Peach is terrible against heavy characters that can kill.

LOLOL BOWSER SUCKS! I can say the same thing about Peach, I can also say that when you say "Peach takes a while to get good with" I can say "Bowser takes a while to get good with!" Peach also lacks kill moves, so it will take her A LONG TIME to kill a DK. Most of you are obviously obsessed with Peach, Im not and I can tell you, anyone with a decent weight will beat her. If you play a DK who's good, you'll know what I mean about killing problems.

Her only good killer is her upsmash (it kills at 110-120) And your opponent, must
A) be in the air
B) Above Peach
C) Literally inside Peach (Eww)

Air dodging hurts option A and B, and C is too hard to do. You may trick your opponent with a turnip, so they will land on top of Peach, but thats hard to do.

Peach is light. Easy to kill, anyone with a reliable killer will kill her. Ness Back throw (you probably don't know about that move >>) Lucas Fsmash, All of G and W killers will kill Peach below 80% ( Lol I had this match when...) Bowser Uair blah,blah,blah.

The problem with this topic is that all the rationable people ( Cort, Yuna...) are gone, and some of us have to defend with people who are addicted to Peach, and know 0 info on other characters. We need people from other boards people...

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
Screw the Marth debate, Marth may not have a stellar recovery, but he can easily kill and outrange Peach, in the air AND the ground. Turnips are pathetic projectiles now, that they are weak, short range, and easily grabbed. Sakurai screwed over Peach. In Melee where Marth Vs Peach was likely going to be an epic match! In Brawl, it's "Im trying, Im trying!" Peach is REALLY hard to use in Brawl.

Master Peach

Smash Ace
Screw the Marth debate, Marth may not have a stellar recovery, but he can easily kill and outrange Peach, in the air AND the ground. Turnips are pathetic projectiles now, that they are weak, short range, and easily grabbed. Sakurai screwed over Peach. In Melee where Marth Vs Peach was likely going to be an epic match! In Brawl, it's "Im trying, Im trying!" Peach is REALLY hard to use in Brawl.
While all that may be true, Peach isn't completely helpless against Marth. All it really takes is a different approach when fighting Marth. I will admit that Peach really has a struggle when fighting Marth and a good Peach may actually lose to a Marth in a tourney but it really depends on the player. I think there's a good way to beat Marth but like I said it really depends. Most times I try to play it safe when Fighting Marth. It works pretty well for me, but I still have a little trouble against him.

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace
While all that may be true, Peach isn't completely helpless against Marth. All it really takes is a different approach when fighting Marth. I will admit that Peach really has a struggle when fighting Marth and a good Peach may actually lose to a Marth in a tourney but it really depends on the player. I think there's a good way to beat Marth but like I said it really depends. Most times I try to play it safe when Fighting Marth. It works pretty well for me, but I still have a little trouble against him.
this is a character match-up, so the skills of the player don't mater, unless you're talking about an strategy that helps certain character against others (campy happy counter marth makes MK's head hurt, other than that, marth have a hard time)

diabetic_yoshi

Smash Apprentice
Play defensively against Marth. Turnip keepaway until he is near the edge. Since Marth's recovery is horrible, all you really need to do is throw him off-stage and keep edge-guarding the little bugger. Marth, unlike Peach has but one option when he recovers so even if you get knocked off the stage it's not so much a problem for you as it is for him. Make the edge the place where he has to fight you all the time.

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace
Play defensively against Marth. Turnip keepaway until he is near the edge. Since Marth's recovery is horrible, all you really need to do is throw him off-stage and keep edge-guarding the little bugger. Marth, unlike Peach has but one option when he recovers so even if you get knocked off the stage it's not so much a problem for you as it is for him. Make the edge the place where he has to fight you all the time.
he actually recovery options have 3, shield raper, dancing blade (at the end of the midair jump give impulse) and his quick dolphin slash (immune from 1 to 5 frame) also DI fair are useful against edge guard.

And make marth keep close to the edge whit turnips is not very smart since they can be cached and over prioritised by marth's ftilt. and also controlling his position is harder cause he's quick. It's sakurai's fault, he nerfed peach more than necessary.

BTW: I'm hell not saying marth can't be beated by peach, i just found holes in that strategy and think he has the advantage

diabetic_yoshi

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I can see that, but if Marth catches the turnips he has less A options available to him which pokes a great hole in his ground game. His options are to:
A- drop the turnip, which leaves him vulnerable for a few frames
B- throw the turnip, which again is easily dodged and predictable
C- keep to the air and hold it, which is the best-case scenario in my opinion because Peach easily can punish aerial foes with her utilt and usmash

And even though Marth has all those ways to recover, they are all essentially the same in that they don't give him enough vertical recovery, aside from upB of course. When Marth is above head-level when recovering horizontally you should be throwing turnips up and pillaring with nair and fair. And I can't tell you how many times Marth has found Toad waiting for him on the ledge trying to fair attack his way back on to the stage.

It's an uphill battle for Peach, but edgeguarding Marth has been the best strategy I've used thus far against him.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
WTF are you talking about? Marth practically destroyed Peach in Melee, but now I'd say it's about an even match. Marth's range allowed him to mostly circumvent Peach's down-smash... and really anything else Peach could do. Turnips were nothing to the Falcion.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
it seriously makes me ashamed to main Peach cause of people who just sound like broken Tape recorders.

Being on topic, Peach is terrible against heavy characters that can kill.

LOLOL BOWSER SUCKS! I can say the same thing about Peach, I can also say that when you say "Peach takes a while to get good with" I can say "Bowser takes a while to get good with!" Peach also lacks kill moves, so it will take her A LONG TIME to kill a DK. Most of you are obviously obsessed with Peach, Im not and I can tell you, anyone with a decent weight will beat her. If you play a DK who's good, you'll know what I mean about killing problems.

Her only good killer is her upsmash (it kills at 110-120) And your opponent, must
A) be in the air
B) Above Peach
C) Literally inside Peach (Eww)

Air dodging hurts option A and B, and C is too hard to do. You may trick your opponent with a turnip, so they will land on top of Peach, but thats hard to do.

Peach is light. Easy to kill, anyone with a reliable killer will kill her. Ness Back throw (you probably don't know about that move >>) Lucas Fsmash, All of G and W killers will kill Peach below 80% ( Lol I had this match when...) Bowser Uair blah,blah,blah.

The problem with this topic is that all the rationable people ( Cort, Yuna...) are gone, and some of us have to defend with people who are addicted to Peach, and know 0 info on other characters. We need people from other boards people...
This is full of L.O.L. You talk about her bad sides more than anything else. Learn your options and what the character can do to you, as well as what you can do to him/her. Thats all people worry and cry about these days with Peach. Seriously Worry about how to go on about a match. I played good DK's and triple D's And I have won the matches. I know what they can do to me, so I THINK. Instead of crying about it, I do something about it, I man up.

and a big L.O.L about you bringing up Yuna and Cort. They reason they are gone is they are just like you, saying Peach is nerfed or has soooooooooooooo much trouble, blah blah blah. And dont wanna deal with it. I sure as hell would like to know how you use Peach. You rush with her?, try to Dsmash into everything, dash attack alot....what, I wanna know this if you even use her that is.

Waa waa waaaaaaaaa!!! Peach is not melee Peach, **** I cant do it at all, I quit, she sucks. I need my over powered Dsmash, I need my FC back. I need her godly Fthrow! I cant do it at all, screw this, I give up, I'll just copmplain about her and play a character that does not take as much work as Peach to win.

Thats how you sound like. My debate with Emblem Lord showed how Marth has the advantage over Peach and also how Peach can BEAT Marth. Things she can do to him that makes her able to beat Marth wether easy or not, it can be done. Guess what Part you failed to see.

Marth can kill Peach easy.he can do all this and that to her, OMFG!!! ITS OVER, I CANT DO IT! Peach is hard to use........ok? put HARD WORK INTO THE CHARACTER TO FREAKING WIN. this is so sickining. Learn your match ups well and play more with a brain. I know how to fight marth I took my time too:

- Learn how to play Marth really well to understand things he can and cant do. And ways around them.

- Use my Marth against Peaches to Learn the match up from Marths point of view, and my Marth has beaten good Peaches. Same time my Marth has lost to good Peaches.

- Use Peach against good Marths and used what I learned from steps 1 and 2 And Just play my own creative way and still to come of with a strat DEPENDING on how the Marth player plays.

And Dont get it twisted. I have lost to Marths, But at the same time I have beaten them just as much. If we have players like Peachkid, Nes Niko K handling match that are just a pain for Peach that everyone bashes about, why cant the rest do it? Oh I know why, cause ya suck, and the first step for you guys sucking with Peach is the *****ing you do. And if you cry about Peach and dont even play her, you just automaticlly fail.

Aside from the few good Peach players for brawl, Her meta game is freaking sicking cause of **** like this. Its funny how with all her nerfs and ****, Peach is more maned up then the player controlling her.

Learn your character FULLY, learn your match ups FULLY, and play with a goddamm brain! Dont wanna do that? too much work? Ok, take your damm broken record and bounce to another character. And when Peach players start kicking your azzes, you think about why its REALLY happening.

People who dont like this post, oh well, come see me then and I'll take care of the problem you have with MY Peach. Some one has to defend this character over and over from this crap. And I will sure as hell do it. Or challenge any good Peach and they will fix your problem.Tired of this.

And thats my damm rant for this morning.

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace
Yeah, I can see that, but if Marth catches the turnips he has less A options available to him which pokes a great hole in his ground game. His options are to:
A- drop the turnip, which leaves him vulnerable for a few frames
B- throw the turnip, which again is easily dodged and predictable
C- keep to the air and hold it, which is the best-case scenario in my opinion because Peach easily can punish aerial foes with her utilt and usmash

And even though Marth has all those ways to recover, they are all essentially the same in that they don't give him enough vertical recovery, aside from upB of course. When Marth is above head-level when recovering horizontally you should be throwing turnips up and pillaring with nair and fair. And I can't tell you how many times Marth has found Toad waiting for him on the ledge trying to fair attack his way back on to the stage.

It's an uphill battle for Peach, but edgeguarding Marth has been the best strategy I've used thus far against him.
OK, that means Marth shouldn't catch turnips, and instead over prioritize them, shield and doge them. but still not big problem cause of his speed

Well telling what marth has only up-B to give him vertical recovery is wrong cause midair jump to dancing blade actually changes horizontal momentum to vertical (making shield breaker more useful). Also now that you mention peach has her counter to help her whit edge guard, don't forget marth has his own and can also be used against edgeguards, also i think his f-air can over prioritize turnips making them not very good to edgeguard marth.

BTW: "Dark.Pch" Is well know ANY character can beat any other one if their player's skill gap is big enough, but this treat is to discus which character has the advantage (not sure if is well written)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ok, so lets get off about how Peach gets *****, hard to use and all that stuff and just talk about how to handle her match ups. Thats what this thread is for. Marth is already dealt with. Wolf is what was asked as for advice no? I dont play lots of wolfs..well hardly any, so I cant give a full judgement on the match up when I have no strategy or am I use to one.

Only thing I know is your air game beats his. Wolf seems pretty solid on the ground. And his camping is not all that since the blast only goes a certain distance then vanishes. This is all I know of him.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
How to Beat Brawl Marth: A very healthy dose of forward tilt, turnips and jabs. . I don't mind if he catches the turnips, that's what a glide etoss is for. Forward tilt just totally ***** marth's rangeDoesn't forward tilt have the same range as his forward smash?

I don't know the wolf matchup very well ,but I suspect down airs are pretty useful against him because his weight leaves him open to combos right after it.

The matchup that bothers me with Peach the most is Metaknight. It's hard to not get edgeguarded because all his aerials out prioritize yours.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yea. Meta is a pain. I usually play it very slow against him. and try to find an opening. And try to make one with turnips. Quick FC>Dairs work great against him from my experience. And spaced Back airs. But when fighting him, I try to stay in the middle of the stage and brawl with him there. I dont like being on the edge cause he can pressure you there and you dont have much room to deal with his attacks which cover his body.

Also lil late but awsome pound matches edresse. Your way more godly then I thought you was. I got the matches up on youtube a while back if you have not seen them.

Villi

Smash Lord
I enjoyed the Peach vs. Marth debate. (I'll get to Wolf because I had a similar problem with him) :embarrass The one thing I absolutely agree with is that if you're going to main with Peach, you don't agree that she sucks or is without advantage. Melee Peach is dead, imo, so Brawl Peach requires a different approach.

I think there's more ways than one to play with Peach because many of her moves need to be set up properly before using them -- if you don't wanna be fc-fairing or dash attacking all day, at least. My friends have become very good at sheild grabbing both. :psycho:

Just to put it out there, if computer match-ups don't count (as they shouldn't because computer Marth still gets 4-stocked lol), who do you play against that does count? 3D, Bowser, C Falcon, G&W, Marth, Ness, Olimar, Peach, Snake Against Snake and Bowser, especially, I have to play different than I usually do because it's necessary to avoid punishment.

Peach doesn't have many simple killing moves so aggression will only rack damage for you. Most of my KOs come from punishment/counters and edge-guarding.

I hate to refer to wavedashing... but remember that trick where you saw an attack coming, wavedashed backward and then countered with a smash? One advantage that Peach has is that she can position herself very well with float -- in this game, almost as well as that. The game seems to have been made in a way that if your back is turned to your opponent, your options are severely limited. Most characters can D-Smash, but it's usually both weaker and slower from behind. You can roll, run away, C-stick, pivot grab, or turn around. If someone manages to get behind you, they have to advantage -- it's important to face forward unless you want to use a bair. So, if you know your timing for fair, with some prediction you can back off without turning around and time your fair so that it goes off where your opponent lands while keeping yourself safe. The knockback is usually enough to send them flying off the edge, and one well-aimed fair off the edge is enough to botch most recovery attempts -- you can even fast fall and land safely into a float afterward. A double jump and up-B will get you back from near the bottom of Final Destination.

Peach's moves come out quickly and almost all of them do a good amount of damage while still remaining safe against most characters. At % near 100, it's possible to take advantage of her awesome grab. Her throw doesn't kill anymore, but it will most likely send someone off the edge at mid-high percentages at a low angle, which leaves them prey for a well-timed and well-aimed fair.

She has a quick jab from which it's possible to follow up with other quick moves depending on the pace of the match. Her F-Smash is actually useful now, hooray.

Anyway, the Wolf I played liked to spam his D-Smash, F-Smash, and lasers. Wolf isn't that hard to hit though -- if his moves don't connect, they leave him open for a quick attack like a nair or a dash. It's probably best to keep your distance with your shield -- hop out with a nair or a shield grab. His moves hit hard, but he's just as easy to knock around if you don't let him knock you off balance. His moves are slow enough so that you can counter with Toad. If you can get him to miss, it's possible to get him with a forward propelled U-Smash when his moves lag.

To grab the edge, he'll have to come from straight across or almost underneath it. His recovery isn't so good if you mess him up; the trick a lot of the time is getting close enough to get him without killing yourself. It's usually easier to run off instead of jumping -- directional influence yourself toward the stage so that you're underneath or behind the edge. If you hit him, it should be safe to take your time and recover -- if you miss, you might be faster than him in grabbing the edge and you can just edge hog.

Tin

Smash Journeyman
Plus, if you can't tech G&W's D-throw, he gets a free D-smash. WHICH ALWAYS OWNS. G&W's D-smash is now literally the best D-smash in the game IMO. It has more range than it did in Melee IIRC, the non-sweetspot is a super strong semi spike, and the sweetspot...that has too much vertical KO power. It's also reasonably fast and lagless.

G&W is mad good in Brawl. Watch out for him.
Why shouldn't you tech GW's D-throw? How hard is it to press to the side when he Dthrows you. I have never ever been hit by a GW's Dsmash after a Dthrow, it's just very predictable. There is no reason why you should get hit by a Dsmash after the throw, ever. Tech chasing is too slow for GW, so you're safe from that. Just roll away.

But yeah, Bair wrecks Peach. Sadly.

As for the Marth debate. I'd say it's a 6:4 with Peach being at a disadvantage...just like in Melee.

Marth isn't that hard of a match up. They key to win is Glide Tossing then (lol) comboing. Glide Toss to slap -> grab -> Dthrow -> ftilt -> Utilt = guaranteed 40% early in the match. So yeah, turnip turnip turnip. Don't forget your ftilt, the range buff rivals Marth's range now though not necessarily speed, abuse it intelligently. And remember those days when Marth used to camp under a platform and utilt? I sure do, now you can do the same. Whenever you're on Battlefield or Lylat, spamming uptilts and ftilts when you're on the bottom ground will give Marth a hell of a time to get down on the ground. And even though it's nerfed to hell, Dsmash is still really amazing, abuse that too. If you were one of those technical Peach back in the Melee days, Nair or Bair out of shield after a hit is still extremely good against Marth.
OH, and jabs, jabs are amazing. If you don't feel safe with him in your face, slap that ho, THEN GRAB. Or slap a few times and run away. Mix it up.

His Fairs getting you down? : ( DI Up and away, or Airdodge and attempt to punish.

Marth isn't that hard guys, imo, GW is much harder. Same with Metaknight...

For Metaknight, I stay grounded for obvious reasons. Metaknight is just too good in their air. He's like a Marth that hits really fast. Peach can't fight against all those instantaneous disjointed hitboxes. So stay on the ground. Glide Tossing is still a blessing in this match up. Abuse the tilts as usual, really abuse it. And again, Nair and Bair out of shield is really good, although I doubt a good Metaknight will let you hit him if he spaces amazingly. Just watch out for his Up-B, but that's harder than it sounds because EVERYTHING Metaknight does lead into his Up-B.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Lucario- Your air game owns him. Space yourself cause he cant really do anything to punish you when you attack his shield and space it. Though I dont know what advice to give on thet since I dont know why your having trouble with him.

Samus- I'm surprised to hear you have trouble with her. Maybe its just me but I find her the least of my worries. She cant kill very well like you. So much will take a while. Turnips screw up her recovery. Once again I cant give much advice if you dont explain the problem

diabetic_yoshi

Smash Apprentice
I've played a couple Lucarios before. The one thing that gets me is he has deceptive range. Remember that. He'll hit you from what you may think is safe distance, and I'm not just talking about his Aura Ball. I tend to play Peach offensively against him and constantly rush him with dairs and turnips. He's easily beaten in the air, but watch out for that dair he has. His counter is annoying, but I haven't had any players actually utilize it efficiently against me yet.

As for Samus, her projectiles got nerfed big time. I'm not as afraid of having some difference between her and me as I was in Melee. I don't really have particular advice against her because all the ones I've played against sucked. Seriously, I could always Toad her plasma shots with 100% predictability.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You playing Peach offensively against him is not a wise choice.

EDIT- Play no mind to this. I'm dead tired from a tournament, not thinking straight. You can play him offensively If your smart when going in and not being easy to read. Depends on the player I suppose.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Lucario- Your air game owns him. Space yourself cause he cant really do anything to punish you when you attack his shield and space it. Though I dont know what advice to give on thet since I dont know why your having trouble with him.

Samus- I'm surprised to hear you have trouble with her. Maybe its just me but I find her the least of my worries. She cant kill very well like you. So much will take a while. Turnips screw up her recovery. Once again I cant give much advice if you dont explain the problem
Lucario - My air game owns him? I suppose so, but the problem is that my air game doesn't own his air game. His Fair and Dair are just so frustrating, and the weird timing of his moves make them hard to toad/dodge, I also don't have much against Aura Sphere besides dodging it.

Samus - It's really the missiles and the charge shot, in addition to Dair and Dsmash. Eh, I don't know

I also have some trouble on Pikachu, his neutral B makes him hard to approach, and his Dsmash minimizes my options when I do approch him. And whenever he starts to become predictable, he always punishes me with grabs.

Tin

Smash Journeyman
I completely disagree about Peach's air game > Lucario's air game. No, just no.

This isn't Melee Peach, Nair is frustratingly bad and everything else is outranged by Lucario's "deceptively range." I wouldn't suggest fighting Lucario in the air or getting in the air at all with Peach because she's simply isn't as versatile in the air back in the days. Besides, Lucario's Utilt will completely own you if you try to your floating tricks, it's just not gonna work. Sure, feel free to whip out a Fair once in a while, but I wouldn't abuse it.

Stay on the ground and use your tilts. Turnip spam. That's how you win against Lucario. Also, make sure you get the first kill, most of the time, you're guaranteed the match if you're consistent throughout the whole game.

Top Bottom