• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Matchups

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Lucario - My air game owns him? I suppose so, but the problem is that my air game doesn't own his air game. His Fair and Dair are just so frustrating, and the weird timing of his moves make them hard to toad/dodge, I also don't have much against Aura Sphere besides dodging it.

Samus - It's really the missiles and the charge shot, in addition to Dair and Dsmash. Eh, I don't know

I also have some trouble on Pikachu, his neutral B makes him hard to approach, and his Dsmash minimizes my options when I do approch him. And whenever he starts to become predictable, he always punishes me with grabs.
With lucario, I dont stay underhim that much. Is Dair har that aura. and you cant get throw. I cant land a good upsmash on that. and it keeps him in the air and in place. so he is not moving. If anything I stay over him when I can and space Fairs or Bairs when on the ground. if he comes with a Fair I time a back air and i can beat him to his Fair.

O.o @ the samus part. Just float over her misslies. I do it all the time. i'm hardly touch by a misslie like that. I play patient against her and just wait for openings then nail her. Dair and jabs> Nairs get her well. She cant really kill like I said before. her options to kill are KINDA like peaches options. Not much. I fought a really good samus like a few days ago. kid knew his stuff. But I really did not have that much of a air time against her. And edgeguarding her is not a hard task for me nether.

I completely disagree about Peach's air game > Lucario's air game. No, just no.

This isn't Melee Peach, Nair is frustratingly bad and everything else is outranged by Lucario's "deceptively range." I wouldn't suggest fighting Lucario in the air or getting in the air at all with Peach because she's simply isn't as versatile in the air back in the days. Besides, Lucario's Utilt will completely own you if you try to your floating tricks, it's just not gonna work. Sure, feel free to whip out a Fair once in a while, but I wouldn't abuse it.

Stay on the ground and use your tilts. Turnip spam. That's how you win against Lucario. Also, make sure you get the first kill, most of the time, you're guaranteed the match if you're consistent throughout the whole game.
I dont know how you Play peach (if you do ) against him.but as for me. I have no problem taking it to the skies against him. Dair air ***** him. and if he wants to spam.Float over him and clap him with a times spaced Fair or Dair.

Think I think to myself.if my air game is getting to him.I know we might try to use attacks that can stop it, like his Uptilt. So I switch up how I use my air game. I bait his attacks, then go in and he cant do jack. I go for a fair and I move back, so when he does his, it misses then I'll go in and land mines. And my ay on fight characters if you see me give advice here are not noob players. actually people who do more than roll and spamm. they think, bait, etc. So I always have work to do and think very carefully and ahead on executing my moves. its not about rushing in and attack.wait.then attack again. Thats not how I play. If i do thinngs its for a reason and planned out. and me knowing what he can do in the air, i make my airgame better than his. and to me his air game is really nothing. For one thing I dont stay under him. cause of that down air. Hard to get through it.

With Pika, I dont rush him at all. I bait him the whole match. When he does his N-B I float over it. When he jupms and does itI float but do nothing, cause if try to follow up with an attack he is just donna Dsmash. It happens to you aloot right? or a sidestept to Dsmash? usually Pika best moves are what will be used alot. Dsmash you best to expected it like peach melee. So bait it, let him side step and attack with a Dsmash or Fsmash. then Time a clean down air. and do your damage. When getting close just do the same as the first time you got close and brought. If he catches on switch it up. That you have to learn how to do on your own. Cause i cant tell you how I do things, just its all random stuff that I make work. But just be clever. Pika's love:

-Dsmash (the most oh baby)

-F-B when your not near, and they will spam it, some dont take just to piss you off and make you come to them.

- Fsmash

- Thunder when your returning to stage

Now with all this in mind, it depends how smart you are. Take note of it and just look for key patternes (and when you do, expect them to change, and it may be harder to punish.) And bait. When close Jab alot. Pika's move set are not that fast. bit dont be to close. space your jabs or any attack, cause his Dsmash sucks you in. Also the common then I seen so far with Pika, is Dsmash> thunder. when you get launch by a dsmash in the air, be aware of a thunder, careful when landing. dont try to attack while landing, really risky (unless you know for SURE you can land a clean hit)

Its all about using your head.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Hey Dark Pch...keep in mind that over 90% of people on Smashboards don't know what the hell they're talking about ^_^ .

Oh and to "Tin" : umm nair is not a bad move lulz

This guy seriously said he doesn't suggest going into the air at all with Peach vs Lucario...then umm err what do we do? Stand there and spam tilts and turnips?! LOLZ !!!

Have fun Dpch ^_^

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Hey Dark Pch...keep in mind that over 90% of people on Smashboards don't know what the hell they're talking about ^_^ .

Oh and to "Tin" : umm nair is not a bad move lulz

This guy seriously said he doesn't suggest going into the air at all with Peach vs Lucario...then umm err what do we do? Stand there and spam tilts and turnips?! LOLZ !!!

Have fun Dpch ^_^
Ha ha ha! Wierd to find you in here dude. But thanks. And I always have fun helping people :)

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
O.o @ the samus part. Just float over her misslies. I do it all the time. i'm hardly touch by a misslie like that. I play patient against her and just wait for openings then nail her. Dair and jabs> Nairs get her well. She cant really kill like I said before. her options to kill are KINDA like peaches options. Not much. I fought a really good samus like a few days ago. kid knew his stuff. But I really did not have that much of a air time against her. And edgeguarding her is not a hard task for me nether.
Floating over them never works for me. They home in, and while I'm worrying about missiles, she gets a hit with the charge shot.

Yeah, Edgeguarding Samus isn't hard at all, though.

I'll try to keep your advice in mind against Lucario. Thanks.

I just don't think I'll ever be able to beat VEC's Pikachu... I shouldn't expect to be that good, though. VEC destroys everyone.

diabetic_yoshi

Smash Apprentice
Nair bad and use tilts instead against Lucario? lol. Dark Pch pretty much fleshed out the Lucario strats, but yeah, use ftilts on Lucario and say hello to his dair for me. :)

And Red Mage, while I haven't played any excellent Samus players yet, my advice would be to pull a turnip and approach. Float and dodge the missiles along the way and I find 9/10 times that they'll fire the charge shot right after you do this. You can Toad the shot if you're close enough to Samus. She'll fly back, in which case you turnip rush and Samus is now playing defense. But if they have half a brain they'll vary it up and not charge shot right after your dodge. You're still holding that turnip right? Air throw it and approach on the ground. Samus will almost always roll back closer to the edge, and then edgeguarding becomes that much more easier for you when they're there. A backed Samus is always, always the most predictable kind of Samus. :)

Tin

Smash Journeyman
Based on my experience, Nair never works well enough and I'd rather abuse Ftilt and Utilt's range.Peach is a lot more ground oriented now than ever, for me at least. Maybe that's just my play style.

And yes Silven, spam tilts and turnips. Then smashes for the kill. Works for me!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Floating over them never works for me. They home in, and while I'm worrying about missiles, she gets a hit with the charge shot.

Yeah, Edgeguarding Samus isn't hard at all, though.

I'll try to keep your advice in mind against Lucario. Thanks.

I just don't think I'll ever be able to beat VEC's Pikachu... I shouldn't expect to be that good, though. VEC destroys everyone.
If they home in just drop to the float. They cant change course that fast. And just dodge the charge shot. If you know whats comming, then its not hard to just thinking up of something. You really need to start thinking cause the way you speak, it does not sound like it. You try something without thinking it through. Your not gonna win like that at all. I'm telling you, Samus is light work.

And if you think you cant beat his pika then you wont. I played his Pika against my Peach like 2 times online a while ago. He won them but I was like you. Did not know this match up fully. I just like rushed him and all the problems you had with him I had them too. But After I decided to think a lil more. And this whole advice I gave on pika works. Tuff Pika's here in N.Y I beat. Or any good one. I learned pika's game. And also the patterns people have with him.

Just use your head more then just attacking and such and HOPING to get a hit. Cause it dont work that way.

Based on my experience, Nair never works well enough and I'd rather abuse Ftilt and Utilt's range.Peach is a lot more ground oriented now than ever, for me at least. Maybe that's just my play style.

And yes Silven, spam tilts and turnips. Then smashes for the kill. Works for me!
And I asure you, You will get your azz handed to you by a skilled one. Not ones that Spam and roll all the time out of Fair. the ones that know your lil patterns and spamming your moves. Bait you, all that stuff. I'm sorry but the ones that you are beating like THIS.........fail.

And no Peach is not more ground oriented then ever. Why would you even say that? Her air game is the best for spacing when she floats. I nearly break peoples shields with her air game. To a point its ether break your shield or take hits/retreat from me while spacing attacks to let thier shield recover.

You dont know how to fight him. You think cause these tactics worked on some that you played and beat them means its a strat. When that is so easy to get through. and I beat to evade you roll then ether dsmash or do it over. I'm pretty sure you roll alot when he is near you and dash attack when you can. From the way you sound I can picture it. You sound like another one who does not think in a fight. Peach to her full extent.

Spam tilts and turnips.....and thats a solid strat against him..............right........

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I I totally agree with you Dark Pch. Peach has a great air game. Do you guys realize how much range Forward Air has? It's also a lot quicker than it used to be. Against Lucario I'd advise floating in range, then when he tries to use an aerial float backwards OUT of range while using that forward air. You're air game beats his because you can space with your floatsies.

The way I play Peach against many matchup is really simple. I get into what they think is range for them, and simply float out of the range. It's so simple but sometimes I beat good people just abusing this. When the opponent catches on, that's where the fun begins. They no longer go on instincts and reactions to attack you. They start waiting out to see what you do because they realize they are being waited out in the air. When this happens you can gain a HUGE advantage because instead of waiting you can just rush in. Peach really can intimidate a lot of these matchups.

For Marth, I realized, for every forward air he misses, you are fast enough to punish him with your own, with proper timing.

For Samus, approach with falling forward airs. Then jab. Nothing she has is fast enough. I don't believe she can UP B out of shield between your forward air and jab, and if she can, just roll away after the forward air instead, then punish her with u tilt or forward smash.

Tin

Smash Journeyman
And I asure you, You will get your azz handed to you by a skilled one. Not ones that Spam and roll all the time out of Fair. the ones that know your lil patterns and spamming your moves. Bait you, all that stuff. I'm sorry but the ones that you are beating like THIS.........fail.

And no Peach is not more ground oriented then ever. Why would you even say that? Her air game is the best for spacing when she floats. I nearly break peoples shields with her air game. To a point its ether break your shield or take hits/retreat from me while spacing attacks to let thier shield recover.

You dont know how to fight him. You think cause these tactics worked on some that you played and beat them means its a strat. When that is so easy to get through. and I beat to evade you roll then ether dsmash or do it over. I'm pretty sure you roll alot when he is near you and dash attack when you can. From the way you sound I can picture it. You sound like another one who does not think in a fight. Peach to her full extent.

Spam tilts and turnips.....and thats a solid strat against him..............right........
Unnecessary harsh and condescending words on my own opinion, good job bashing on my play style backed up by your "vision" of how my play style. Straw man much?

You commented on how these tactics work on someone I play doesn't mean it works on everybody, I'm sure it applies to yourself too. Just because it breaks shields on the people you play, doesn't mean it would break shields for me. Now is it possible that someone can figure out your "lil patterns" and bait you too? Oh but of course, it's Dark Peach right? He can totally switch it up when necessary, a skill only he possess and no one else.

Now I must admit that I am guilty in comparing Melee Peach in my judgment for her aerial game in Brawl. Maybe that's why I'm staying on the ground more instead of going in the air. But I'll be open minded and accepting other people's situational views in Brawl and revamp my ground game.

PS: Does anyone know how to change the your "main" icon? Why is mine Bowser...

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Go to your user CP. Edit Profile -> Brawl Character. Select one on the drop down list.

Also after a tournament that I went to, I've come to the conclusion that Peach destroys DK even more than I thought she would. Her Ftilt and Fsmash literally cut through his entire moveset, including the DK Punch. Snake owns Peach though. That matchup is worse than anything else I've seen. And I still don't see why Marth vs. Peach would be any worse than 6-4 Marth advantage. It's still definitely in Marth's advantage, but Peach could do more to him in Brawl than she could in Melee (in melee it was probably a 7-3 matchup).

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Unnecessary harsh and condescending words on my own opinion, good job bashing on my play style backed up by your "vision" of how my play style. Straw man much?

You commented on how these tactics work on someone I play doesn't mean it works on everybody, I'm sure it applies to yourself too. Just because it breaks shields on the people you play, doesn't mean it would break shields for me. Now is it possible that someone can figure out your "lil patterns" and bait you too? Oh but of course, it's Dark Peach right? He can totally switch it up when necessary, a skill only he possess and no one else.

Now I must admit that I am guilty in comparing Melee Peach in my judgment for her aerial game in Brawl. Maybe that's why I'm staying on the ground more instead of going in the air. But I'll be open minded and accepting other people's situational views in Brawl and revamp my ground game.

I really dont see what your so ticked about. I'm trying to help you out. And just like you let your opinion out, i let mines. And i'm telling you that style of just spamming tilts and turnips wont get you far.

And I never said I could not be outsmarted. I'll switch up my play style when the time calls for, and even when I do, dont mean I'm gonna win, you are so taking my post the wrong way. I know what I am talking about, but at the same time, dont make me a god, and I do get beat. No one is a god, you can win just as much as you can lose. I wont Bother to give you advice and w/e.
But I'll deal you this, if I see something that you post dealing with Peach match ups, I'm gonna corrected you on it, and you can take that as you wish.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Thanks Dark.Pch (et al.), I no longer have trouble on Lucario!

But I'm starting to have a LOT of trouble on Zelda... any help?
See, Like I told you in the other thread, just ask for advice and read around. And you will get better. Now was that so hard? :p

Dont go over Zelda, You cant beat that Upsmash.

If she spams F-B Dodge in place wether in the air of the ground, then move in a lil. Cause Dodge while Moving to her will leave you open for a sec and you can eat an attack/grab.

Space yourself well when in the air cause she can take you down easy. Bait her to use her Usmash and Fsmash. Thats an easy hit for you.

Dont worry to much about her N-B It has been nerfed so it wont reflect your turnips that far. Till be careful though.

Bait her attacks alot that Zelda uses for her Kills. Which would be her Fsmash and Upsmash. Expect those alot. and just wait for it, then go in and bring the hurt.

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
Hey all.

Thanks for all your input, this has helped me quite a bit.

I've got a few matchups that I'd like to throw into this discussion:

1. vs. Olimar (I saw a brief discussion for him on pg 1, but I'd like a bit more ^ ^;;)
2. vs. Luigi
3. vs. R.O.B.

Concerning Matchup #1,
For me fighting Olimar is a pain. The person I play is extremely defensive and whores his Pikmin throw. I know that I can't outcamp him so my mid-range option is gone. When I finally get into semi-close range his grab is just sickening. That along with his extremely fast smashes (esp.D-smash) give him what I call the Pikmin fortress. One strategy that I've found works fairly well is to SH air dodge->toad. As soon as I get him off of the stage its game over for him because of the tether revovery.

Concerning Matchup #2,
Not really all that bad but still troublesome. His aerials have extreme priority and can semi-camp his projectiles. Turnips and spaced aerials work well, as well as Toading his Tornado. Close range combat is really risky vs. Luigi, I find it hard to get a killing attack off at times.

Concerning Matchup #3,
With R.O.B. I find him to be nearly impossible to edgeguard because of his steroid recovery. I can predict his shoop da woop easily and his beyblade ain't too much trouble. His D-smash is pretty annoying. Not too much trouble against him but would still like advice.

What do you all think? I win against these matchups 75% of the time but the matches are always close. I want to widen the gap haha ^ ^;;. I'd like to hear input vs different styles of play also. Advice?

diabetic_yoshi

Smash Apprentice
I too am having trouble with my friend's ROB. He has better aerials than Peach and all his moves seem to outprioritize hers. Not to mention he has 2 projectiles. If I float towards him, laser shoots me down. If I approach on ground he throws Gyromite or laser again. And if I approach overhead I eat his Usmash. I can manage an aerial turnip once in a while or punish a whiffed fair with my own. But hell, it's sad that Toad is my main damage-racker in this matchup. This and Mario strangely enough are my worst matchups. Don't need advice against him though.

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
Being on topic, Peach is terrible against heavy characters that can kill.

LOLOL BOWSER SUCKS! I can say the same thing about Peach, I can also say that when you say "Peach takes a while to get good with" I can say "Bowser takes a while to get good with!" Peach also lacks kill moves, so it will take her A LONG TIME to kill a DK. Most of you are obviously obsessed with Peach, Im not and I can tell you, anyone with a decent weight will beat her. If you play a DK who's good, you'll know what I mean about killing problems.

Her only good killer is her upsmash (it kills at 110-120) And your opponent, must
A) be in the air
B) Above Peach
C) Literally inside Peach (Eww)

Air dodging hurts option A and B, and C is too hard to do. You may trick your opponent with a turnip, so they will land on top of Peach, but thats hard to do.

Peach is light. Easy to kill, anyone with a reliable killer will kill her. Ness Back throw (you probably don't know about that move >>) Lucas Fsmash, All of G and W killers will kill Peach below 80% ( Lol I had this match when...) Bowser Uair blah,blah,blah.

The problem with this topic is that all the rationable people ( Cort, Yuna...) are gone, and some of us have to defend with people who are addicted to Peach, and know 0 info on other characters. We need people from other boards people...

Speaking of which i have a IRL freind who i was playing today who mains a rediculous Boozer. I love people who're like "insert character name here" sucks teh nuts and im sitting here getting the run of my life by a supposed crap character.

I play alot of tourneys here in NY cus they rox and it's rare to find good people using odd ball characters, but when u find em they make u eat your words.

I stopping reading this around page 5 becuase i simply cant stomach all the really stupid posts. There are very few characters in this game that i believe get completely shut down, even boozer, anda few others hold their ground very well in this game. Their are just less players out there with the ability to play such a character. This doesnt mean the character is worse to the point where they shouldnt be played.

As a peach secondary, i'm going to try and say this as unbiased as i can... Marth has the advantage but it isnt as heavy as melee. Other characters that may be a problem are ones who can out spam a peach like falco.

But over all if a character holds an advantage over another character in Brawl it isnt usually to the point where it's a compete counter. Most characters have a way to beat off their supposed counters.. usually.

And if this all seems like a buncha BS, check my posting time... and forgive me, im not working at full at this time.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Hey all.

1. vs. Olimar (I saw a brief discussion for him on pg 1, but I'd like a bit more ^ ^;;)
2. vs. Luigi
3. vs. R.O.B.

Concerning Matchup #1,
For me fighting Olimar is a pain. The person I play is extremely defensive and whores his Pikmin throw. I know that I can't outcamp him so my mid-range option is gone. When I finally get into semi-close range his grab is just sickening. That along with his extremely fast smashes (esp.D-smash) give him what I call the Pikmin fortress. One strategy that I've found works fairly well is to SH air dodge->toad. As soon as I get him off of the stage its game over for him because of the tether revovery.

Concerning Matchup #2,
Not really all that bad but still troublesome. His aerials have extreme priority and can semi-camp his projectiles. Turnips and spaced aerials work well, as well as Toading his Tornado. Close range combat is really risky vs. Luigi, I find it hard to get a killing attack off at times.

Concerning Matchup #3,
With R.O.B. I find him to be nearly impossible to edgeguard because of his steroid recovery. I can predict his shoop da woop easily and his beyblade ain't too much trouble. His D-smash is pretty annoying. Not too much trouble against him but would still like advice.

What do you all think? I win against these matchups 75% of the time but the matches are always close. I want to widen the gap haha ^ ^;;. I'd like to hear input vs different styles of play also. Advice?
#1:

Really? You guys find him that tuff? He is the least of my worries when I play him.

I just target his big weakness. Which are his pikmin. Olimar can only do like 3 attacks or so with out his Pikmin. The rest
He needs them or the attacks do nothing at all. And the less pikmin he has, the less range he will too.

You can kill mutiple pikmin in one attack. Here is a vid when I did it at the start of the fight.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9zA_yrUgInM

When there are Pikmin in your way when he throws them at you, kill them. Their HP is low so there you go. And stay close to him. He is not that fast. And if he goes for a pikmin, he could leave himself open and thats a free hit for you.

His Up-B and grab range depends on how many Pikmin he has. So you that as a strat for you. The less Pikmin he has, the more trouble he will have attacking and dealing damage. kill them as much as you can if they are near or on you.

#2:

I try not to stay in the air too much for his air attacks are insane. If your gonna be on the air, make sure you space your self and you throw the first punch.

Turnips do well on him and for edgeguarding. you can gimp him easy like that.

When you are landing from the skies best not to try and hit him.he will mostly likely beat you to it.

His Fireballs go straight. So you can float over them, and if he does them in the air, you canjust walk under or duck, then move in. And they dont travel fast anyway.

On the ground, use your Jabs alot. Thats one thing you have that can stop most of his crap. Also timed Dairs do thier justice.

I play patient against Luigi. I dont try to go agressive against him since his air moves can destroy me for it.

#3:

I had trouble with this as well. I'm learning it now and here is wat I come up with.

Dair him alot on the ground. it works. If he shield it, get away, cause that would come next is a dsmash out of the sheild.

( I have to go, I'll edit this with more info when I return.)

Niko_K

Smash Master
So I fought a really experienced GaW over the weekend and I had a ton of trouble approaching him. When he uses his uair the only thing I can really do is air dodge and dair but he counters them ridiculously well....

Any tips for fighting a good GaW?

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
1. vs. Olimar
2. vs. Luigi
3. vs. R.O.B.
1. I haven't fought many Olimars, and when I did they weren't that great, so I can't give you help here. I would assume that the Dsmash works pretty well on him and his Pikmin.

2. This is actually a fairly good matchup for Peach. Don't even bother with the tornado, it does 4% damage and isn't even a real hindrance. Real Luigi players should only be using it for recovery. Luigi's like to get you into devastating aerial combos, so as long as you don't let yourself get down-smashed (you can sidestep that) you should be relatively fine, as that's the attack usually used to initiate Utlit/Usmash/Uair/Bair combos that Luigis thrive on. In the air, be careful with your spacing as not to get hit by Usmash. Luigi's also like to grab and fireball to disrupt approaches, so try not to get too repetitive. My best advice against Bair spam is to try and time your toad right, this works wonders if done properly. Luigi's finishers are Fsmash, Up-B, Bair, and occasionally Nair, Utilt, Usmash, or Dsmash at higher percentages. For Fsmash, just try to avoid landing right into it, and try to side-step in close quarters (jabs work well for CQC in general). For Up-B, sheild like a maniac if you find yourself getting jabbed more often than usual (of course, be careful not to break it, and take full advantage of any missed Up-Bs). 50% of the time Luigi will attempt to finish you with one of those moves. I don't find myself using the bomber that often against him, the best strategy is really to combo him before he can combo you. Good timing and spacing of aerials and smashes will make this a much easier fight. Everything Dark.Pch said is true as well, but you won't often find Luigi spamming fireballs, as every Luigi player (and everyone else) knows that the fireballs are one of the worst projectiles in the game, so try not overuse the classic "float with your feet at eye level" approach, as he'll probably Usmash you if he sees this coming.

3. R.O.B.s love to abuse that laser and gyromite. The laser can usually be floated over, and try to use the gyromite against him when given the chance. You have your own throwing item, so try to batter him with as much as possible, Peach Bomber is also a decent follow up. Due to the weird timing and hitboxes of R.O.B.'s aerials, I've found them very hard to Toad, so don't bother unless you're very good with it. The good thing I've found about R.O.B. is that he's VERY easily comboed by your Uair and Utilt (his Dair is powerful with high priority, but it's slow, so combo him before he has a chance to hit you) so try to get him in the air with a Ftilt. As Dark.Pch said, Dairing him on the ground is your best option, as attempting to dash at him will usually be punished by a Dsmash. The Nair is useful as well, as it is often. Due to the long range of R.O.B.'s ground attacks and the nature of his Dsmash, it's tough to connect a Fsmash, so I recommend using Bair or Fair to kill him, but as always, try to sweetspot that Usmash if you can.

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
#1:~ ~ ~
#2:~ ~ ~
#3:~ ~ ~
Originally Posted by RedMage8BT
1.~ ~ ~
2.~ ~ ~
3.~ ~ ~
Thanks for the advice, this should help me alot!!! ^ ^.

Originally Posted by Niko_K
So I fought a really experienced GaW over the weekend and I had a ton of trouble approaching him. When he uses his uair the only thing I can really do is air dodge and dair but he counters them ridiculously well....

Any tips for fighting a good GaW?
Recently this matchup has been starting to bother me also.

I find that his D-Air is really hard to punish as it increases his downward momentum and has very little landing lag. Most of the time I can rarely even pull off an U-Air on him. His strange attacks make spacing a pain especially his D-Smash and B-Air (aka shield destroyer). I can usually start a combo on him by using a forward glide toss followed by a jab-> something else. Toad has been my savior from the B-Air, but after awhile it gets predictable.

Tips anyone?

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Peach wrecks Lucas. His normal Wavebounce PK Fire game is completely beaten by floating. It's even easier than floating over Falco's lasers in Melee, actually. Plus she's got a decent rushdown game and her fsmash beats out Lucas' in speed and sometimes range.
This is horribly incorrect, the matchup is horribly in favor of Lucas, and the local peach counterpicks Ness against me. U-smash is easy to land and kills at 70, and PK Fire destroys any approach that Peach can think of except for one that gets hit by a u-smash. F-air and U-air are quick and have good priority to win or trade in the air. PK Fire can also out-camp peach easily and n-air and grab combos are too good against Peach.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Something has bugged me regarding Peach vs. Wario.

I've been hearing that Wario has some sort of advantage, but I can hardly see how he can pull it off considering that his ground moves are laggy and fairly easy to stop. Plus, the f-smash lacks range, which may leave him wide open if blocked.

The u-air may be a big threat if Peach is airborne, but it can only work on aerial targets anyway. Wario's choices of killer aerials is quite limited.

Edge-guarding, Toad can counter the Corkscrew, which could be Wario's bane if he's taken a lot of damage. Also, her aerials pack a punch (especially the f-air), which can beat up Wario even more if he doesn't avoid them (or counterattack).

Regarding Wario's approaches, the turnips can give him some problems, especially when trying to recover.

Wario is all close combat, so that can be a problem when facing defensive Peaches.

While it is true that Wario can KO Peach at low damage, pulling it off can be tricky since his moves are either laggy or lack range. In fact, Wario too can be taken out at low damage if he's unlucky enough to get smacked by the u-smash.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Hey all.

2. vs. Luigi
3. vs. R.O.B.

Concerning Matchup #1,
Do not try to outcamp Olimar EVER, or you will probably lose (unless your opponent sucks). Get in his face, approaching mostly diagonally above him, and do not land directly on top of him when you land from your float. (that's where the dsmash sweetspot is for him). If you are floating above in a range diagonally from his head where your d-air just barely touches him, the only thing he could do in this position to is up b, which is laggy enough to punish, or move, in which case you should continue to move yourself. Get him off the stage and gimp him. Do not let him get above you off the stage, the ideal spot is with you in between him and the stage, using n-air or b-air to push him off further.

Percon

Smash Lord
Care to take your reasoning to a higher level? :)
Ask Niko. :p

Jokes

Anyway, it jest seems that Snake has way more going for him. This isn't to say Peach isn't good - I think she's a viable tourney character, but Snake is certainly going to be a problem for her, as he's one of the most powerful characters right now.

I'm a Snake main, so trust what I say.

Firstly, Snake lives muuuuch longer. He has a good 60% more expected lifespan than peach, for sure. Peach can't really do to much against a recovering snake, unless he recovers right next to the edge, which a good snake player shouldn't do. Peach usually can recover to the stage fine, but it's very possible that Snake can occasionally kill her early with his wealth of edge guarding options. Not to mention if edgeguarding doesn't to the trick, an uptilt will end Peach quickly.

On the ground, Peach is outclassed easily. Snakes wicked mortar approach, coupled with his near-broken tilts make him very hard to fight. So peach's best option is to stay in the air. Dair approach works quite nicely against snake, since he's got a bit of a blindspot right in front of him and above him (good floating height). Uptilt can connect sometimes, but I, like many other snakes, like to reserve it for killing.

So I guess the main thing for peach vs. snake is to dair approach him, and combo/pressure him from there or trick him into a grab. Peach can grab combo snake for a bit and do pretty well when she's below him. Snake's air game is garbage IMO, I like to get to ground as fast as possible. Retaliating with such laggy air moves is usually a poor option for Snake.

That's about all the advice I can give to aspiring peaches trying to beat a snake. Though remember that Snake still has the advantage most everywhere. (Nades > Vegetables for example)

Uh... that's it? Man, why am I posting about this matchup in the PEACH forums? :p I'm a Snake main... >_>

Adam251

Smash Rookie
Based on my experiences against computers and some of my friends, Peach has an advantage over Ike due to his massive slowness and her ability to use a counter. The same could be said for Bowser and Dedede I guess but I haven't tested that out just yet.

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
Do not try to outcamp Olimar EVER, or you will probably lose (unless your opponent sucks). Get in his face, approaching mostly diagonally above him, and do not land directly on top of him when you land from your float. (that's where the dsmash sweetspot is for him). If you are floating above in a range diagonally from his head where your d-air just barely touches him, the only thing he could do in this position to is up b, which is laggy enough to punish, or move, in which case you should continue to move yourself. Get him off the stage and gimp him. Do not let him get above you off the stage, the ideal spot is with you in between him and the stage, using n-air or b-air to push him off further.
I'll take this advice to mind. ^ ^
Thanks for your help, this thread keeps getting better and better ;)

Adam251

Smash Rookie
The only things I could really get from my COMP match with DDD is that you can turnip cancel DDD's ^B, and that you can roll dodge through him when he uses a tilt A for a clean grab.

Conclusion: Peach doesn't have an advantage over DDD.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Please, please, please. I'm DESPERATE for help against Link. I can't fight him with ANY of my characters... his hitboxes are just too weird in comparison to every other character.

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
it seriously makes me ashamed to main Peach cause of people who just sound like broken Tape recorders.

This is full of L.O.L. You talk about her bad sides more than anything else. Learn your options and what the character can do to you, as well as what you can do to him/her. Thats all people worry and cry about these days with Peach. Seriously Worry about how to go on about a match. I played good DK's and triple D's And I have won the matches. I know what they can do to me, so I THINK. Instead of crying about it, I do something about it, I man up.

and a big L.O.L about you bringing up Yuna and Cort. They reason they are gone is they are just like you, saying Peach is nerfed or has soooooooooooooo much trouble, blah blah blah. And dont wanna deal with it. I sure as hell would like to know how you use Peach. You rush with her?, try to Dsmash into everything, dash attack alot....what, I wanna know this if you even use her that is.

Waa waa waaaaaaaaa!!! Peach is not melee Peach, **** I cant do it at all, I quit, she sucks. I need my over powered Dsmash, I need my FC back. I need her godly Fthrow! I cant do it at all, screw this, I give up, I'll just copmplain about her and play a character that does not take as much work as Peach to win.

Thats how you sound like. My debate with Emblem Lord showed how Marth has the advantage over Peach and also how Peach can BEAT Marth. Things she can do to him that makes her able to beat Marth wether easy or not, it can be done. Guess what Part you failed to see.

Marth can kill Peach easy.he can do all this and that to her, OMFG!!! ITS OVER, I CANT DO IT! Peach is hard to use........ok? put HARD WORK INTO THE CHARACTER TO FREAKING WIN. this is so sickining. Learn your match ups well and play more with a brain. I know how to fight marth I took my time too:

- Learn how to play Marth really well to understand things he can and cant do. And ways around them.

- Use my Marth against Peaches to Learn the match up from Marths point of view, and my Marth has beaten good Peaches. Same time my Marth has lost to good Peaches.

- Use Peach against good Marths and used what I learned from steps 1 and 2 And Just play my own creative way and still to come of with a strat DEPENDING on how the Marth player plays.

And Dont get it twisted. I have lost to Marths, But at the same time I have beaten them just as much. If we have players like Peachkid, Nes Niko K handling match that are just a pain for Peach that everyone bashes about, why cant the rest do it? Oh I know why, cause ya suck, and the first step for you guys sucking with Peach is the *****ing you do. And if you cry about Peach and dont even play her, you just automaticlly fail.

Aside from the few good Peach players for brawl, Her meta game is freaking sicking cause of **** like this. Its funny how with all her nerfs and ****, Peach is more maned up then the player controlling her.

Learn your character FULLY, learn your match ups FULLY, and play with a goddamm brain! Dont wanna do that? too much work? Ok, take your damm broken record and bounce to another character. And when Peach players start kicking your azzes, you think about why its REALLY happening.

People who dont like this post, oh well, come see me then and I'll take care of the problem you have with MY Peach. Some one has to defend this character over and over from this crap. And I will sure as hell do it. Or challenge any good Peach and they will fix your problem.Tired of this.

And thats my damm rant for this morning.
Gee what a jerk. And a fanboy too. Is it wrong to think a character sucks now? I LIKED Peach in Melee. I DON'T like Peach in Brawl. sue me. Learn my character fully? Ya right. I've seen your vids. Your opponents we're idiots. They obviously didn't now how to defeat Peach, because ANY matchup with DK vs Peach will be a HUGE disadvantage. No joke. Marth vs Peach thing, I don't really care anymore.

DarkPeach, you act like your the best Peach player ever, and your opponents are all good. Thats false.

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
Also, your opponents need to shield grab and air dodge more. They just stand their saying. "Lolz Im lozing to Peaxches!"

Idiots.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Gee what a jerk. And a fanboy too. Is it wrong to think a character sucks now? I LIKED Peach in Melee. I DON'T like Peach in Brawl. sue me. Learn my character fully? Ya right. I've seen your vids. Your opponents we're idiots. They obviously didn't now how to defeat Peach, because ANY matchup with DK vs Peach will be a HUGE disadvantage. No joke. Marth vs Peach thing, I don't really care anymore.

DarkPeach, you act like your the best Peach player ever, and your opponents are all good. Thats false.
How is DK vs. Peach a huge disadvantage for Peach, when Peach could literally forward tilt through his entire moveset, including the fully charged punch? And DK doesn't have the speed to make up for that either.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Smashbros_7, I'm not even gonna fight with you or anyone else. Like I have some random person in here call me stupid. Like is that really needed? Seriously, What the hell.....

Everyone wants to just come off like that with me all cause I choose to defend my character I main. or people wanna attack me all cause of what my sig says and think I am cocky. So lets all get at Dark.Pch for it. When I do notthing but try to help, some random person comes out of no where and attacks me. Or just wants to be a jerk cause they are bore, wanna start something, or plain just dont like me.

All I am gonna say is I beat good players with Peach here in N.Y. The best Meta around here (some say he is just the best in N.Y out of all the metas that come to the tournaments and we have quite a few) I beat with Peach. And this meta Won a tournament yesterday. We go at it back in fourth. I'll get him in here if I have too and the rest of the good players just to show you that I play good people while off camera (since you say my opponents suck and I am not gonna make another argument about that.) That I beat them and they are not easy. So that alone shows Peach Has skills. And I dont think the people on the vids are bad. But people have thier own opinions on skills so I'll leave it alone.

And let me guess, something else is gonna follow about "yea w/e Peach cant blah blah blah, etc." So I'll end it here. Also I would have to enter tournaments to make what people say about me true and place decent with Peach. But I am not confident enough or think I am ready for tournaments. Thats why I just go and dont enter. I play friendlies to just learn match ups I have a hard time. And so far I am getting better at them. But dont feel I am ready yet.

And one more thing. Please don't assume without asking. I dont think I am the best. To be honest, I think Niko is better than I am. And I have my reasons. Just cause I try to give advice, help others, and defend my own character, I come off as cocky and arrogant? Then I guess I'll stop doing that then cause I'm tired of getting that. And then get insulted. For trying to be nice. I dont do anything to anyone for this kind of respect.

I'm not giving no more tips around here. If you guys just want my insite on Peach with advice and such. You can AIM/MSN/YIM me. If you dont have any of that, then send me a PM. I seem to start things so I'll think I'll take a hint. That is all.

Top Bottom