• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Stage Discussion: Smashville

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I...I can't say I'm a massive fan of Delfino. Sometimes it's good for me and sometimes it's bad

There's the benefits of being able to Uair/Fair spam off the ledge and then regrab onto it or stall your fall to avoid dieing during the stage landing times but apart from that...I don't see what's so super amazing about it tbh

Avoid this vs DeDeDe, there's far too many openings for him to CG you either against a wall or offstage. MK is kind of annoying here too as he can Uair spam/Up + B you from below

Meh, I just don't seem to get this stage much. Hopefully someone can enlighten me as to why it's so good

Xyless

Smash Master
Could use more for Delfino! Need the pro Delfino VaNz's opinion in particular, since I'm extremely curious what he does with the stage (always good to know, especially if someone CPs there).

And Rick, same here. Actually, the reason I made this topic is so I could avoid the general "good Peach stages" like JJ and talk about some of the more interesting stages that I feel really haven't been focused on as much. I haven't decided what will be next, but rest assured, I'll have it up by next Monday (since I won't have time this weekend to update).

Cia

das kwl
ahh sorry. i been kinda MIA for a while.

Delfino Plaza

Pros
- Shifting terrain doesn't bother peach.
- Water. Peach travels through water and handles swimming opponents nicely
- Close blast zones on the sides.
- She can shark under the main stage.
- Aggressive Edge guarding is encouraged since you will NEVER get stage spiked.
- Peach has like a million ways to stall while you wait for the next stage shift (this saves you from dying!)

Cons
- Peach is good on water, but she'd be better if she had a spike
- Dedede Can CG you til death

i really believe this stage is like god's gift to Peach because of many advantages/ opportunities she gains. learn to recognize the stage shifts really early so you can plan your next move. Each setting has something Peach abuse. Also, the setting with the 3 pillars and the water. The Ceiling is relatively low and your Utilts / Uairs will kill nice and Early. So take advantage. The only setting i'm not too fond of is the one where you're on the building. But it's rough terrain gives you cover to pull and toss turnips. The Blast zones are EXTREMELY close (So Fair becomes ****.) And there are no ledges!! Tether characters and other characters that rely on the ledge become helpless (Falco, Snake, GaW, Olimar.. etc) So even this terrain is a blessing even if i don't like it. I almost forgot to mention that it wrecks Dedede's chain grab :D

I'd give this stage a 9/10. I feel like it deserves a little more, but maybe i just like the stage too much haha.

People to Bring here: Fox, Falco, Wolf, Marth, Snake, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Captain Falcon, Diddy Kong

No need to Ever ban this stage. No matter who she's against, this will never be Peach's worst stage.

Metatitan

Smash Master
**** this stage. **** it **** it **** it **** it **** it! Okay so like, I was facing this ddd in tourny match. I'm in a perfectly spaced float ready to punish him with Fair. I go to Fair and the terrain changes and my Fair doesn't autocancel because of it. I get infinited against a wall. Later on in the match i space myself again. The terrain changes and the ground moves up and cancels my float. I do not like this stage as peach =/

Love it as yoshi though :>

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
i hate delphino and i'll never counterpick it but I'll try to learn playing here better when I get cp'd to it for the reasons in Vanz's post.

Gea

Smash Master
Honestly I don't care for it much because the majority of the matches are played near the middle, making killing somewhat of a pain at times. And usually I just find there are better places to take characters.

Not that I dislike it. I just feel its much better for some other characters (like ZSS).

Xyless

Smash Master
Next up will be Norfair, but I haven't set up the front page quite yet, so if you want to keep talking about Delfino be my guest.

(I'm just bumping this so I can update it later tonight when I'm on my good computer)

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I just don't... like Norfair.

It's unique, and I love the concept and structure of the multiple platforms and the intruding lava. But I just don't work with the stage personally. I just ledge-cancel turnip camp if I ever have to play here. :p

hiROI

Smash Lord
Its banned here, so I dont have much of a say except that the lava that comes from the side saved me countless times.

Xyless

Smash Master
You wanted Brinstar?

Brinstar > Frigate > Norfair. Imo :)
No no, I wanted Frigate. I'm not a major fan of Norfair, and it's banned a ton of places, but I'm not going to change it halfway through.

Also, would love some more input from the Peaches please. I can't go on until I get a few words from the better known Peach players.

Cia

das kwl
Norfair

Pros
- Utilt all day
- Float to avoid lava, an punish opponents who get burned
- hundreds of ways to recover
- less room for chain grabs

Cons
- Higher platforms are really close to the ceiling.
- Hazzards are incredibly random and some of them really dangerous.

I'm not really a fan of this stage, but it's not that bad for Peach. This is a stage where you'll want to be extremely campy. Abuse your range and turnips here. Also, you can. fall through platforms to float Uair. (follow up with Utilt, if they shielded the Uair) that'll create some decent shield stab oppurtunities. Basically, the stage is just platforms, so just play similar to how you would on lylat cruise.

Who you might bring here: King Dedede, Ice Climbers, Wolf, Diddy Kong
Who you might ban against: Zero Suit Samus, Snake, Olimar, Pit

overall rating 5/10

White-Peach

Smash Ace
One of the pros to the stage for peach is that she controls the small platforms well~ And because everything she does knocks the other guy up, if you're under a platform, you have the chance to follow where she would otherwise have difficulty because of her jumps.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
SDing on this stage isn't really possible since there's so many ledges you can glide to with Parasol. Not to mention stalling with until lava rises from the bottom or sides.

Don't go in the protective barrier thing when the whole stage gets covered with lava. I don't really think it's worth it and it kind of leaves you vulnerable from attacks from below or you get a gazillion damage being inside it with someone else. I normally just keep double jumping to the edge or sheild/sidestep.

Utilt ***** on this stage.

I can't really think of any characters that can't benefit from this stage really.

Xyless

Smash Master
oy, been over a month and a half. I finally got around to updating the front page, so I'm going to say that the official discussion begins now, and I'll switch it next week.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Norfair

Pros
- Utilt all day
- Float to avoid lava, an punish opponents who get burned
- hundreds of ways to recover
- less room for chain grabs

Cons
- Higher platforms are really close to the ceiling.
- Hazzards are incredibly random and some of them really dangerous.

I'm not really a fan of this stage, but it's not that bad for Peach. This is a stage where you'll want to be extremely campy. Abuse your range and turnips here. Also, you can. fall through platforms to float Uair. (follow up with Utilt, if they shielded the Uair) that'll create some decent shield stab oppurtunities. Basically, the stage is just platforms, so just play similar to how you would on lylat cruise.

Who you might bring here: King Dedede, Ice Climbers, Wolf, Diddy Kong
Who you might ban against: Zero Suit Samus, Snake, Olimar, Pit

overall rating 5/10

i agree with all of this. also, fair actually kills on this stage because if they DI up they die off the top, so it's good for that. remember, it's norFAIR, not norDONT-FAIR.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
DAMMIT I should have taken AlphaZealot here... >.<

Had a really close second game with him on Japes, but I could have controlled this stage so much easier. I wasn't thinking straight. T.T

/sorry for being slightly off topic

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
take diddy to brinstar. i made the mistake of taking a diddy to japes too, but its not that great...it's still flat. brinstar offers the un even terrain that diddy's hate so much. all the obstructions protect you from bananas, and he's very vulnerable to the fire. if he bans brinstar go rainbow cruise. not to mention that you can recharge your fair here and kill him early. sure he can recharge his moves too, but he can't do it under full protection while floating under the stage up airing. Also peach bombering all the little vertical stems allows you to avoid bananas placed anywhere as well while recharging those moves. up B is also harder to sweetspot for him, he can't hug any walls, so he has to aim , which means you know where he's gonna charge it from and when he's gonna let go. usually walls allow him to mix it up because if you charge too much you can still hug the wall for a sweetspot.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Wow, killer advice Edrees! I'll remember that next time I encounter him (or any other Diddy) in brackets. I'm very experienced with the stage itself so it'll only be a matter of crippling the Diddy's options from there. :3

Also, would you recommend Frigate as a potential third option? I just figure the stage flipping and a laggy recovery for him on mostly the right side of the stage as well as on the outer moving platforms would work in our favor. And the structure of the stage itself, the gap in the middle, the platform up above. They would probably help in limiting the banana assault as well, wouldn't you think?

Xyless

Smash Master
DAMMIT I should have taken AlphaZealot here... >.<

Had a really close second game with him on Japes, but I could have controlled this stage so much easier. I wasn't thinking straight. T.T

/sorry for being slightly off topic
You should NEVER take AlphaZealot in PARTICULAR to Norfair. He's the one that developed Diddy's Norfair game, and revealed to the Diddies that they can win there.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
You should NEVER take AlphaZealot in PARTICULAR to Norfair. He's the one that developed Diddy's Norfair game, and revealed to the Diddies that they can win there.
Hmm now I'm curious. I'll make sure to MM him at the next tourney, CP him there if I lose, and test this out. No way I'll risk it in brackets. xD

But I'm definitely taking Edress' suggestion for Brinstar though. Can't believe I didn't think of it myself but no one's perfect lol.

Xyless

Smash Master
Hmm now I'm curious. I'll make sure to MM him at the next tourney, CP him there if I lose, and test this out. No way I'll risk it in brackets. xD

But I'm definitely taking Edress' suggestion for Brinstar though. Can't believe I didn't think of it myself but no one's perfect lol.
It's all right here.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230510
Norfair is one of Diddy Kong's best stages. I'm convinced of it. Here is what you need to learn and do in order to win on this stage:

1) Everything relies on the first stock and grabbing a lead so you can control the lowest platform, forcing the opponent to come after you instead of you going after them
2) You must control the lowest platform and transition to other platforms by throw bananas up through them. The best way to control the lowest platform is usually just to have both your bananas out and continually uthrowing them to keep them from disappearing/also keeps them as an active projectile. Additionally you have your peanut gun
3) Learn about lava. When the fire-lava stuff gets shot from the background it can KO you as low as 30-40% with bad DI. These little fire spurts are super dangerous, but also super helpful, if you trip someone and they get hit by it then you just scored an early KO. The wall of lava is also good for this. To avoid getting hit by the wall of lava (from the background of the screen) simply shield or grab an edge. DO NOT go inside whatever little fortress the game gives you. Going in there makes you trapped (though you could try it in some situations, you can up-b someone for massive barrel damage inside there/you can u-smash them repeatedly), instead, when the opponent goes in there, set up camp right outside, then when the lava goes away there is a few seconds where they can't escape, here you can hit them from beneith with u-air or you can try and banana them the second the walls come down. As per the lava from the side of the stage, simply avoid this by using your jumps/side-b to move from one edge to the next. Additionally you can set up a "wall" with your banananas by u-throwing them, which will often create oppurtunities for you to hit the opponent into the laval.
4) Learn to work with the lava. There are a few times where I intentionally let myself get hit by lava. Why? Because I still have 1 jump/side b/up b and I can cover a huge aerial distance from the knockback of the lava without having to use one of these things. Example, if the opponent is on the third platform above you (or in the air above you even higher) and the lava is coming up from underneith the stage, instead of jumping to meet the opponent just get hit by the lava, which will send you to the opponent faster than jumping and will likely catch them off guard (view U-air KO versus Snakeee). You can also do this with the lava on the side of the stage. If the opponent is camping you far left and you see the lava start to come from the far right (lets say you are at high damage) then you can just send yourself into the lava in order to break the opponent position fast.

Pros of Norfair:
-Stage can get KO's for you, reducing the suckyness of Diddy's KO moves
-Diddy has quick air attacks which are all perfect for the height of platforms on this stage.
-Diddy's side-b can transition from the edge of on platform to the next (either above or below).
-Diddy's side-b can also cross the gap above the center platform (the gap between the middle platforms).
-Diddy's recovery is basically ungimpable here (as are most characters)
-Your bananas allow you to control whatever platform you want. Controlling the lowest one also puts you out of reach of most characters projectiles.
-Peanuts are perfect for this stage.
-Works well against almost every character.

Cons
-you cannot nana lock more than 2-3 hits, if that
-if you don't know how to deal with lava you could find yourself getting killed more by it than by the opponent
-if the opponent gets your nanas it can be really hard to get them back
-if you don't take off their stock first you can't make use of the bananas to control platforms, since they have no reason to approach such an obviously powerful position.

My only loss on this stage in about 4 months:
Game 2: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs Ripple (Donkey Kong): Norfair
You'll notice everything was going to plan until the 1st KO, where he managed to get me before I got him. The result was he basically won the game.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I see... ^.^;

I'm still interested in how I would do there. Peach isn't exactly helpless on that stage and can form a similar positional defense.

Xyless

Smash Master
The reason I mentioned him as "might give problems" is because the Diddy needs to know how to fight there to win. He has to change his game quite a bit to do well, and not all Diddies know how to control the stage correctly. Plus, it's definitely not a ban for him because there are more important stages to ban than that.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Frigate seems like a decent option as well, I can see that being good too if you'e good on the stage. to be honest i've never played diddy on frigate though, so I'm not quite sure.

Xyless

Smash Master
I can't imagine Frigate being a useful Diddy stage for a few reasons. For one the stage changing can mess with his recovery if it comes at the right time. Also, the stage that has the unreliable platform on the right can really mess with him, because he can't snap to any edge, so he has to be EXTREMELY careful with aiming his recovery, especially if the platform is up at the time.

Xyless

Smash Master
Needs more discussion! Will be switching to another stage very soon, and would love at least one more view on the stage.

Xyless

Smash Master
One thing I learned from ASC at NO KOAST was that the stage is actually a good CP for Olimar, due to him only getting better yellows and not the Peach-wrecking purples. Does anyone have any input on this?

One of the lowest ceilings in the game. I would expect people with good veritcal KO power like DDD, Snake, etc. to take you here. I do not really think that the ceiling helps Peach much. It would probably be more of a weakness. At least a sweetspotted Usmash is even more dangerous than before xD

Top Bottom