• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Tournament Results (UPDATE! 2/16/12)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Guys, how many people do we actually still have repping Peach in tourneys?
This is the list I've got:

Pharaoh.Pch Kyon
hiROI
Silly Kyle
Illmatic.
Nicole
MenoUnderwater
Leon (split between Peach and Marth though)
King Beef

Sorry if I've missed anyone out but these are certainly the people I've noticed getting tourney results recently...do we only have about 8 people playing Peach in tourneys nowadays? :(
Hold on, did I not just hit top 7 at my last tourny? Or am I not as popular and hyped as the others to get noticed?

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
I do still go to tournaments. MI is having a huge problem with a dying smash scene, sadly. Not to mention work tends to keep me away, but whenever there are ones I can go to, I go.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Ack I knew there was someone I hadn't put on...I kept thinking 'ga' something but I just couldn't put my finger on it xD Sorry Jlo :p

And I wasn't sure if you still went to tourneys or not Dark since you've been busy sorting other stuff iirc

I'm not telling people off, I'm just wondering how many people we have repping Peach nowadays cause we used to have an absolute crap ton :p

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
i still use peach in tourney but socal hasn't had a large tourney in a month n a half. there was another tourney recently but the only ranked player there was dsf coz it was on mlg weekend.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I recently discovered that not ever using forward smash or peach bomb against Metaknight unless he is recovering from the stage increases my gameplay like tenfold, I need to stop just autopiloting my forward smashes, they get me punished too much.

Also, has anyone noticed that approaching Metaknight backwards help because for some reason dair is more safe in reverse, and you have quicker aerial attack options like bair?
I think we need to stop trying to kill Metaknight quickly with fair and keep our bair fresh to kill Metaknight, it also helps in knocking him out of his tornado.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I recently discovered that not ever using forward smash or peach bomb against Metaknight unless he is recovering from the stage increases my gameplay like tenfold, I need to stop just autopiloting my forward smashes, they get me punished too much.

Also, has anyone noticed that approaching Metaknight backwards help because for some reason dair is more safe in reverse, and you have quicker aerial attack options like bair?
I think we need to stop trying to kill Metaknight quickly with fair and keep our bair fresh to kill Metaknight, it also helps in knocking him out of his tornado.
The thing I underlined is something I mentioned ages ago and I honestly think Peach's Dair is much much safer when you use the back of it. It can even stop Wario's aerials (unless he smacks you above with Uair or something)
I think its because Peach's hurtbox isn't as close to her hitbox as it is in comparison to the front of her Dair because her feet are sticking out. If I ever SH my Dairs, I'll always use the reverse because its easier to smack her especially at a higher point on her if shes facing you

Not sure about approaching MK with Bair, will have to check that one out because in my experience, using too much Bair sticks your hurtboxes right out and MK's transcedant priority just eats up her arse ;___;

And lol at using Peach Bomber :p Is that a Wi Fi habit by any chance? ;)

z00ted

The thing I underlined is something I mentioned ages ago and I honestly think Peach's Dair is much much safer when you use the back of it. It can even stop Wario's aerials (unless he smacks you above with Uair or something)
I think its because Peach's hurtbox isn't as close to her hitbox as it is in comparison to the front of her Dair because her feet are sticking out. If I ever SH my Dairs, I'll always use the reverse because its easier to smack her especially at a higher point on her if shes facing you

Not sure about approaching MK with Bair, will have to check that one out because in my experience, using too much Bair sticks your hurtboxes right out and MK's transcedant priority just eats up her arse ;___;

And lol at using Peach Bomber :p Is that a Wi Fi habit by any chance? ;)
Lol a bit, but it works sometimes as mind games for me, run in the certain direction then quickly turn around and Peach bomb in the opposite direction. :D

Xyless

Smash Master
Darn it, I only got one win at the tourney I went to last night, and it wasn't against anyone noteworthy. Lost to a Lucario, then THE Wolf.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Hey Kyon, I fought Dekar's diddy in friendlies yesterday and beat him 2-1. We should chat about the Diddy matchup sometime <3

z00ted

the diddy matchup is the funnest matchup ever, i can't see why peaches would have problems with it!
Although I do very well against Diddys I gotta say he's really hard if your playing a good player and the matchup isn't really fun at all lol.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Dekar is one of the best Diddy players and I did really well against him considering I don't really play any Diddy's in AZ... mostly MK and Marth lol

gantrain05

Smash Master
what?! diddy arials < peach's arials, he shouldn't ever pose much of a threat in arial combat, just the nannerz are annoying, which also isn't so bad since we can use them better than he can =P

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
what?! diddy arials < peach's arials, he shouldn't ever pose much of a threat in arial combat, just the nannerz are annoying, which also isn't so bad since we can use them better than he can =P
False. If the Diddy is controlling space well enough, he can condition it so that it is very difficult to fight him with aerials. This is one of the main things the Diddy's had to adapt to back when Peach was a significant threat to his playstyle (AlphaZealot is my prime example since I've faced him the most often), and as a result the matchup has become even-ish. You are correct about the bananas though, that is the most effective way to fight Diddy. Take control of them, limit his options, and put pressure on him all at the same time. :3

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
the diddy matchup is the funnest matchup ever, i can't see why peaches would have problems with it!
I think you are underatting how good Diddy can do. First off, Diddys Fair can beat a Peach that is Floating to Dairs. She has no protecting on the sides, So she is an open target for Both Fair and Bair. Next her Dair is 12 frames I believe. That is not all that Fast and Diddys Fair is like 7 frames. His bair is like 6. Or the other way around. Next if you go with Fair, Did can simply beat it with his Bair/fair. Since ours is 16 frames. And his Fair has just about as much range as us.

You also forget, Peach is not that fast in the air. (really when floating) Diddy can easily shoot you down with a Banana, peanut, or just go and Fair you. The quick air move Peach has is a Nair and you have to be in ones face to landed it.

If you play this match typical Peach style and thinking this, you are getting ****ed up. You have to mixed both air and ground game to beat diddy. Not Just go air happy. Have to use both equally. Counter his air crap grounded and countered his ground crap in the air. If you aways try to float to this dude against a diddy with a brain, you are getting beat up.

So yea, Diddys combat can pose a threat.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
if you space right peach's float dair/fair can beat diddy's aerials if you just retreat it a bit.

it's just baiting y'kno and it's not hard to space.

z00ted

Cool an update ;D
Why isnt Hobo 25 highlighted in plum? Is it not considered a big tournament it had 62 players. ;o

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'm slowly getting use to it.I also been praticing on my wii alot with training mode and CPU. The way my style is, I can actually abuse my wii alone like never before. Well see what happens next time.

Top Bottom