• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Tournament Results (UPDATE! 2/16/12)

gantrain05

Smash Master
nicole placed 7th out of........28???? i placed 9th, she beat me in the most raddest awesome peach dittos...............they were dumb, either way it was rigged so that only one peach could make top 8 lol.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Freakin congrats KB.

How large was it? Take out anyone big?

Finally someone wins something.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Freakin congrats KB.

How large was it? Take out anyone big?

Finally someone wins something.
Thanks bro. I honestly don't remember how large it was, but it was definitely close to or over the 20 mark from what I could tell. I took out one of the top 3 players in Ohio and the one I haven't beaten since last year: Blue Rogue (the Wario that knows how to fight a Peach). I beat him in winners finals and rallied to beat him in the first set of grand finals after being down 0-2. :3

Nicole

Smash Champion
^yay kb!! i'm glad a peach finally won something :)

who'd you beat, and who was there?? take out any mks??

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I didn't run into any during bracket. xD But in terms of threats, there was me, Blue Rogue, POPS (used to be ranked in Ohio), and a fast improving TL player named Links; at least imo they were.

Edit: Nvm, there were no MKs in Bracket aside from Keist's (only in pools from what I saw then). My mistake. xD

1st of 17 (Lake Erie Summerslam) 6/26/10

Results:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=279254

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I was very happy to see that result King Beef. Usually you have 1-3 metaknights in bracket, where were they? Either way very nice!

And who did Shiek help you with?

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I was very happy to see that result King Beef. Usually you have 1-3 metaknights in bracket, where were they? Either way very nice!

And who did Shiek help you with?
I went Sheik against Jiffy's Wario after he switched off of Ness for the second game. I would have used her against Blue Rogue too but he has pocket ICs...xD

And thanks everyone! <3

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I went Sheik against Jiffy's Wario after he switched off of Ness for the second game. I would have used her against Blue Rogue too but he has pocket ICs...xD

And thanks everyone! <3
:O
The Sheiks will certainly be happy :p Did you use Peach everywhere else? I assume you used them in the grand finals :p

Can someone explain to me the whole 'counterpicking' characters (or direct me to somehwere I can find out)?
I don't really understand how it works - I get you didn't use Sheik cause Blue Rogue could have pulled out IC's but...thats kind of it really xD

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
:O
The Sheiks will certainly be happy :p Did you use Peach everywhere else? I assume you used them in the grand finals :p

Can someone explain to me the whole 'counterpicking' characters (or direct me to somehwere I can find out)?
I don't really understand how it works - I get you didn't use Sheik cause Blue Rogue could have pulled out IC's but...thats kind of it really xD

#Both players choose their characters for the first game. A double blind pick may be requested by either player.

#The first stage of a match is selected either randomly or by a stage striking procedure from the neutral stages.

#Both players may choose one counter-pick stage to be banned for the match.

#The loser of the first game announces the stage that s/he will counter-pick.

##[[Dave's Stupid Rule]] is in effect. (Picking a stage that has already been played on is prohibited by this rule, except when both of the players agree.)

#The winner of the previous match chooses his/her character.

#The loser of the previous match chooses his/her character.

#Repeat

:053:

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216

#Both players choose their characters for the first game. A double blind pick may be requested by either player.

#The first stage of a match is selected either randomly or by a stage striking procedure from the neutral stages.

#Both players may choose one counter-pick stage to be banned for the match.

#The loser of the first game announces the stage that s/he will counter-pick.

##[[Dave's Stupid Rule]] is in effect. (Picking a stage that has already been played on is prohibited by this rule, except when both of the players agree.)

#The winner of the previous match chooses his/her character.

#The loser of the previous match chooses his/her character.

#Repeat

:053:
Everything is correct except this. The winner of the previous match must first announce what their ban is before the opponent counterpicks a stage. Both players do not announce their ban at the same time, at least not in the US. I'm not sure if Europe does things differently, do they?

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Hey guys, Devastation results are up now!! ^_^

I did so well considering the out of state competition!!

It was one of the best tournaments I have ever been to and the venue was quite amazing as well!! :)

5th out of 45 (Devastation) 6/19/10

http://www.devastationevent.com/2010/06/28/devastation-2010-results/#ssbbs

1) M2K (OH) :metaknight:
2) Havok (CA) :metaknight: :marth: :snake:
3) MikeHaze (CA) :marth:
4) Dekar (NM) :diddy:
5) Silly Kyle (AZ) :peach:
5) KiraFlax (AZ) :pit: :rob:

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Dude I didn't know you went to Devastation, that thing is LEGIT. 5th out of 45 is amazing. peaches are REPPING.

Question for both KingBeef, Kyon and Silly Kyle

How many matches in a tournament would you say you time out an opponent? Intentionally and unintentionally? Or do the majority of the match wins come from KOs?

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Dude I didn't know you went to Devastation, that thing is LEGIT. 5th out of 45 is amazing. peaches are REPPING.

Question for both KingBeef, Kyon and Silly Kyle

How many matches in a tournament would you say you time out an opponent? Intentionally and unintentionally? Or do the majority of the match wins come from KOs?
Never timed out by anyone. However I almost got timed out by Co18 once.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
A majority of the time (99%), I have not timed someone out. There have been a few matches where it could have gone to time, but I managed to pull a kill in the last 30 seconds. However, I have been timed out a few times in tourney. :(

I've only timed people out in friendlies, just for the lulz. But it's not something I actively pursue in my tournament matches. I usually go in confident enough that I can finish the match in less than 8 minutes.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
The majority of my matches end from KOs, although I do time Sonic players out pretty frequently since I shut their approaches/chases down almost entirely (it's honestly fun to do lol). In my honest opinion, Peach does not have the necessary base mobility to time out opponents often. It will usually be the result of near flawless defensive play if at all.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Unless its Wario/Lucario and maybe Sonic, my matches usually end before time runs out. My matches have recently been taking longer but its helping me get much more solid wins so its all good

Peach acts as a wall vs Sonic so timing him out is the safest option. My longest matches are easily with Wario - once you get a percent lead, even by 1%, there is absolutely no reason for you to put yourself at risk by approaching at all. Wario's got crazy air speed and a large grab though so a lot of it is working really hard either to bash Wario away (even if hes in his shield) or just avoid what he's throwing at you. He's also got strong kill moves. One mistake at high percents and you can die - this doesn't happen to Wario cause Peach can't kill. Being down a stock can massively shift into Wario's favour because not only do you have to get a percent lead (you'll most likely take damage trying to kill him) but you also have to get back on level with your stocks which resets him back to 0% and gives him free invincibilty to try and hit you with something

Lucario is an interesting case which I was figuring out a few days ago. Get a stock lead and then just run away from him. Obviously you'll need to protect yourself with Turnips and stuff but if you keep Lucario's percent down as low as possible, he's going to have a very very hard time killing you

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Lucario is an interesting case which I was figuring out a few days ago. Get a stock lead and then just run away from him. Obviously you'll need to protect yourself with Turnips and stuff but if you keep Lucario's percent down as low as possible, he's going to have a very very hard time killing you
Yeah this seems like a safe choice against Lucario but I prefer to fight him with aggressive zoning while abusing every little possible kink in our favor (such as Lucario's horrible recovery and vulnerability if you know how to powershield his attacks well). Lucario is one of my favorite matchups to fight, and Peach can very well be flexible in the matchup so long as said player is able to kill Lucario fairly early while avoiding the same issue.

So in short: both methods are possible. Just ask Argentstew or Lee Martin (both whom I've played) for their opinion on the matchup. :3

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
i have a recent-ish set vs a lucario up. lucario has a lot to punish. killing is just the hard part.

and think about it lance. peach has range and she has moves that come out quick. jabs or aerials or whatev can punish lucario pretty well.

meh, luc is gay.

Nicole

Smash Champion
time out snake! it's not that hard, because he doesn't have alot in the way of safe approaches, and if you avoid his grenades, what's he gonna do?

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
i don't think you should say such a think about snake. he has a ton of options. i rly don't think that kind of linear statement would work. his nades are only there to make you go where he wants and to pressure your shield or push you to the edge. nades don't hit you, they limit your options. Peach is the one who'll have to approach or have to play the middle ground a lot lol.

snake vs pch could go to time though but like 90+ % of the time, someone's gonna lose all their stocks.

if pch is doin it wrong it'll happen within 3 min, if both players are doin it right, then maybe about 5 minutes haha

GoofBall

Smash Journeyman
I played a Snake on the AiB Ladder [Apparently he is a "Rival" of mine?] and he was complaining about how "Peach outcamps Snake because Turnips > Nades and I have to go aggro. But not all Peaches realize what they can do with those things. I hate going aggro -_- "
[That's roughly what he said.]

Also, I LOVE grabbing his grenades. They get thrown off so badly. Haha.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Raz have you played Stauffy ?

It's stupid, what can I punish when he's > 110%? The moves outrange and any attempts at punishing (without a glide toss OOS) gets horribly wrecked

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Take him on the ground. if you see him going for Fairs or Dairs, leave him Be. You can beat thoses moves with your air attacks, but it is hard, and just end up taking up hits you could have avoided. Glide toss to jabs to start the **** on the ground. if he is close enough to you when he goes for air attacks, Nair him.

Camp Lucario. And limt your air battles. He will mostly win thoses and start his combos. if you try going aggressive on him, he will just be rolling away. You can get your hits off but as soon as one of you break free from attacking range, get away from him.

You can take him to the air with good timing but the range on his moves are a lil too much and cover his front/back side. Thats why it is best you to get carried away with air battles to take uneeded damage. Jab combos work for if he wants to roll alot and you have time to react and punish. Or get away from him when he wants to roll then attack.

Dont get to combo happy on him cause they tend to get over you and Dair. And it is a hard move to beat when you are in the air under him. The sides too sometimes but depends on the angle you are too him. If you starting dishing out hits on him and he somehow gets over you try to get a nair on him, if not, just stop and get away from him.

All this is important cause as he takes more hit, he gets stronger, same time it is hard to kill him unless you do awsome edgeguarding. So he has one advantage and gains another as you pound on him. And for the risk of screwing up and dieing early, it is best you try and take the least amount of hits as possible. Cause when it is time to go in to kill him and he is at high %, it gets danagerous. And if you screw up trying to kill him and he hits you, it will hurt.

Don't float too much and short hop moves alot. Lucario has a stupid roll so if you float too much, he has no problem getting away from you and leaving yourself open for a hit.

Glide toss to him to jab pressre/combos. Don't stay in one place for too long, his roll, remember.

DI away from him. Some times people tend to keep the control stick too lucario cause of them getting sent off stage. But this also depends on your % and his. Cause his fair has weak knock back so easy to chain it with others. And is he has high percent, he can't change attacks that well since his attacks get stronger. You should be able to Nair him out before his Nair kicks in like you was doing before. I don't think his Nair is that quick to make it legit.

when you get damage off him, run away, dont stay on him for too long cause he is just gonna roll and you are left open. get your hits off and once ether of you break distance, leave him alone and camp. Move in slowly while camping and start the pressure. Repeat till a stock/match is done.

for kill move options and how to kill well with Peach, Look at my guide for killing above. Edguarding him, set him up with a turnip wall or tosses off stage to snipe him, then time eddge hogs. But don't burn your jump. cause if he makes it back, do the float land trick and grab/attack him. or Float on stage to an air attack. If you float land, just grab him, get damagane and toss him off stage. repeat this proces still he can't make it back or you calp him with a finisher from the ledge.

Jab him once then short hop dairs, he would usually roll into it. Don't waste double jabbing, gonna leave yourself open. Jab once to w/e pressure game you can start off. They like to roll alot so staying on one spot is bad. If you can predict where he is gonna roll, then to a Jab and scare his ***, then go to the spot he is gonna roll and attack/brag him.

Short hop your moves. its best to keep up with lucario is he wants to get roll happy, since you are a lol faster than floating and pressure game is a lil better. If he is in the air times turnip tosees or glide tosses to bring him fown. and when you get close, just start the hit and run game.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
i've played stauffy. he's pretty hard. haven't played him in months though. nothing rly changes though lance. i see what you mean but regardless of percent you shud be powershielding his stuff and fighting normally because his range stays the same. it's just the same character with more power at high percent.

well, more power and priority but he kind of outprioritizes peach at any percent anyway.

edit: and goofball, snake doesn't have to approach. turnips are pretty gay on wifi though coz you can't shield anything. playing vs wifi peach is annoying.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Still lol'ing at Dark Pch 2-0'ing Cheeeeeeeeeeese
oh yah wiFi is a joke :D

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Am I mistaken or does the range increase as his percentage increases as well?

The biggest problem I have is when his fair combos into more stuff. It wrecks me in the air.
And then also Stauffy likes to do this a lot is a dair -> nair at a height where his nair cancels and he can either grab, roll or sidestep.

Really annoying because the dair and nair have a stranger lasting hitbox than I'm used to so when I try to nair OOS it doesn't work, I get hit. I'll work on the timing this weekend with friendlies against Stauffy, God willing.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Daaaaaang Kyle I just saw your placing at Devastation, GOOD ****!!!

Ohey guys ill be home from france pretty soon

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Moozle!! I've missed you! Hope you've had an amazing time in France!!

And thanks so much! Devastation was very intense and lots of fun. I'm so fortunate to have such an awesome community to support me!

<3

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Just went to HOBO 26 and placed 7th/43-45 or something.
So thats 7th twice in a row all Peach.
The Diddy that I beat 2-0 (Fliphop) before getting kicked out by Snake (Ultimate Razer) beat me 2-0 this time, both were close matches.

Winners Bracket -First round I got a bye, second round beat Omega (Sonic), won third round (I forgot), won fourth round Denti (Olimar), lost fifth round to Ultimate Razer (Snake) but did MUCH MORE BETTER than last time (HOBO 25)... looking forward to playing him again.

Losers Bracket - Sixth Round beat Gunman (Snake and Metaknight) 2 stocked twice baby! Seventh Round lost to Fliphop (Diddy).

Sorta dissapointed that I lost to Fliphop 2-0 because I could have placed like 5th/6th but I feel like he deserved it, I played pretty bad (predictable). Oh well we are tied now ;D

Doubles- I teamed with AvoiD (Snake main) but he had to leave so then I started teaming with The Jerm (Amazing Toon Link) I'm not sure what we placed but made it to losers finals.

First round beat Tesh (Sonic) and Omega (Pokemon Trainer) won 2-0.
Second round we got a bye or something.
Third round beat Zori (Olimar) and Denti (Olimar) LOL.
Then AvoiD had to go so I started teaming with Jerm.
Fourth round beat Xyro (ROB) and Smoom (DDD).
Fifth round lost to Esca (Metaknight) and Jon (Olimar) LAST HIT LAST STOCK (third round) Jerm didn't pull it off though. Really excited about teaming with him in the future though.

Got like 4th in doubles out of I have no idea, it was fun ;O

I'll upload the results later, overall I feel like I've improved (haven't been playing WiFi alot lately) so maybe thats the reason. This time around I got to meet alot of awesome people (Gnes, Lee Martin, Ozz, Esca, Zori, Trela, Denti, AvoiD)

Best Peach in Texas baby ;D

Top Bottom