• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Weekly Match-Up Discussion - Forever Outdated :(

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
I noticed you pausing a lot in instances where you could have hit and whatnot. Also, approaching through the air facing Marth is good, but not something to do as much as you did there. Sometimes switching around so you can utilize bair instead works wonders.

Really, you lost, in my opinion, because you allowed that Marth to steamroll over you. Everything you tried to do just got you hit or worse. Sadly, playing against Marth requires you to control him and such. That's probably one of the many reasons why Battlefield is so good for him because it's harder to try and control him.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Yeah he did mis spell my name check out the first line heheheheh ;D

Edreese, how do you pronounce your name? I've rounded it down to four possibilites:

- Ee-dress
- Ee-drees
- Ed-ress
- Ed-reese

On, and to stay on topic, I agree that Peach vs Olimar is 60:40 for Peach.
Mountain - you pronounce it like Ed-reese. =)

RichBrown

Smash Master
Honestly, the Olimar-Peach matchup depends on how many purples Olimar gets. I was getting ***** by this one Peach at Genesis (can't remember who, I was at a TV with about 5 or 6 Peaches haha) because I had no purples, and then I played Praxis and got 4-6 purples at a time and ***** haha. But then a round or 2 later I stopped getting purples and he crushed me haha.

I'd say 65-35 with no purples and 60-40 with.

Wow brawl is dumb XD

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
frigate makes red come more. ps1 is the place that's purple heaven on all the rough mountain/earthy terrain.

imo it's just 60:40 peach regardless coz even with our advantages in priority we have to be retardedly careful about our moves since oli kills too fast and has a lot of range. and getting back onto the stage safely against olimar is really hard. being on the ledge sucks with all that range he's whoring around.

Cia

das kwl
I noticed you pausing a lot in instances where you could have hit and whatnot. Also, approaching through the air facing Marth is good, but not something to do as much as you did there. Sometimes switching around so you can utilize bair instead works wonders.

Really, you lost, in my opinion, because you allowed that Marth to steamroll over you. Everything you tried to do just got you hit or worse. Sadly, playing against Marth requires you to control him and such. That's probably one of the many reasons why Battlefield is so good for him because it's harder to try and control him.
thanks, i'll keep those points in mind =]

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Honestly, the Olimar-Peach matchup depends on how many purples Olimar gets. I was getting ***** by this one Peach at Genesis (can't remember who, I was at a TV with about 5 or 6 Peaches haha) because I had no purples, and then I played Praxis and got 4-6 purples at a time and ***** haha. But then a round or 2 later I stopped getting purples and he crushed me haha.

I'd say 65-35 with no purples and 60-40 with.

Wow brawl is dumb XD
So, while playing Weruop today, I realized that I can just shield the purples, let them pass through me, and groundfloat bair them repeatedly as they try to run back to him, letting me artificially remove your purples from your hands. Or, Peach bomber as they run past me for immediate kill.

Yeeeah, I'm starting to really like the Olimar matchup again. :p

Weruop, good matches :)

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
We could really do with rediscussing the Lucario match-up. I mean, with the combination of aura and Peach's lack of killing power, I don't see how the match-up can possibly be even.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Or, Peach bomber as they run past me for immediate kill.
Ahaha, I like this too. I found it when I was playing Fino - except I would do it too late and get hit by a Smash. :urg:

sasook

Smash Champion
Hello Peach mains. The Link boards are discussing you guys, and we were wondering if you could come comment.

There is an issue though. A long time ago, the Links had a huge fight with the mods, resulting in them moving to AiB. So...that's where our matchup thread is. The SWF Link boards are all but dead now.

http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?pid=1009067#p1009067 (I know it says Kirby, the OP hasn't been updated yet).

There's the link. Now, we do realize that sometimes SWF users don't have AiB accounts. This problem occurred when we discussed R.O.B. If that becomes a problem for Peach players, no matter. What we did for the R.O.B. boards was discuss the matchup here, on their boards. We didn't take over their matchup thread, forcing them to change their character to Link, we just created a separate thread.

Of course, if you do have AiB accounts, then there's no problem to begin with. =)

So please, come comment. Your input is greatly appreciated.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I'm back from holiday guys :D Try not to be too happy! /sarcasm

I've been slacking a bit so I'll try and get things sorted out and by seemingly popular demand, the next Rediscussion will be up very soon

Mountain - you pronounce it like Ed-reese. =)
Really? Dang I always thought you pronounced it Ee-dreess

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
So Link, Kirby, and Sheik?

Great, all the match-ups that don't exist.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
I was gonna buy windwaker and play it like 2 days ago but I went to the game shop and it was 17 bucks, so I didn't buy it coz it felt like a rip. ;-;

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I was gonna buy windwaker and play it like 2 days ago but I went to the game shop and it was 17 bucks, so I didn't buy it coz it felt like a rip. ;-;
17 bucks?! That's well cheap. Why didn't you buy it? Over here games like that will cost you the equivalent of 30 bucks.

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
Wind Waker was meh... After Majora's Mask, still my favorite LoZ game, all the other Zelda games kind of went downhill for me. Even Twilight Princess didn't have the magic of interest I was looking for (Though I have to admit Link was hot in Twilight Princess).

I bought Wind Waker for 10 bucks at Gamestop about 6 months ago when I played it. Then I sold it back for store credit. lol.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I know the Toon Link matchup better than most of you :p
*shudders in fear of Chip*

Also, Wind Waker was the best Zelda game since Link's Awakening. >-(

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Ok, some of the ratios are a bit outdated.

Donkey: 50-50, should be 55-45, not sure.
Ganondorf: Currently being rediscussed at Ganon Boards. Probably gonna be a 70-30.
Kirby: Has been rediscussed, should be a 50-50, not a 55-45
Olimar isn't a 70-30, though that is being rediscussed.
R.O.B has been rediscussed and is a 60-40, not a 50-50
Samus is unknown in thread. 50-50 or 55-45 has been said.
Sheik has been rediscussed and is a 55-45.
Zelda has been rediscussed and is a 60-40. I find this kinda strange though, I dont find Sheik easier than Zelda.

I was also surprised by some other ratios.
Ness is a 60-40?? O_O More like even.
Fox is a 55-45, I thought it was more like a 60-40.
Why are we at a disadvantage against Charizard?
Pit a 55-45? I thought even.

KROE

Smash Cadet
Hello Peach Forum! >_> we all know that Peach and Zero Suit are the best characters don't we? n_n! Sorry, i'm fairly new, not to smash, but on this site, Im tryin to get my post up and hopefully meet some people so I can help if i can. So Hi Peach Players! =3

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I feel Pit is 55-45, and I've played Sagemoon a good number of times. But I'd be fine with even too.

I thought Ness was even, once, but I'm starting to believe it's stronger in Peach's favor than I previously believed.

DK is 50-50 or 55-45, yes.

We should probably discuss G&W now that I've beaten most of the top G&W's in the country. LOL

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Ok, some of the ratios are a bit outdated.

Donkey: 50-50, should be 55-45, not sure.
Ganondorf: Currently being rediscussed at Ganon Boards. Probably gonna be a 70-30.
Kirby: Has been rediscussed, should be a 50-50, not a 55-45
Olimar isn't a 70-30, though that is being rediscussed.
R.O.B has been rediscussed and is a 60-40, not a 50-50
Samus is unknown in thread. 50-50 or 55-45 has been said.
Sheik has been rediscussed and is a 55-45.
Zelda has been rediscussed and is a 60-40. I find this kinda strange though, I dont find Sheik easier than Zelda.

I was also surprised by some other ratios.
Ness is a 60-40?? O_O More like even.
Fox is a 55-45, I thought it was more like a 60-40.
Why are we at a disadvantage against Charizard?
Pit a 55-45? I thought even.

Red signifies statements that I disagree with. Anything not in red I agree with.

Also, we really need to rediscuss Zero Suit Samus. There is no way that matchup is 50:50.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Ness is most definitely not even. I 2-0'd FOW in a MM. If Peach knows the matchup, she can severely limit his options. Truss me, Ness is my secondary, I know more about the matchup than probably anybody.When I use Ness versus Praxis' peach it's also really hard compared to when I use yoshi. However it's 80-20 in ness advantage on pirate ship. Pk thunder is literally useless against Peach due to dair, she doesn't have kiling issues as the dash grab chaingrab allows you to refresh moves. Peach up air actually beats Ness's dair as well..there's a lot of option limiting she does to him. He has the back throw, and his fair's can really make it tough for her to space, but she can retreat with turnips. Pk fire is non effective as peach is light and smash DI's out instantly....played at a high level it's 60-40.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
WOW.

Explain yourself. I'm really curious about this. Really.
I'm glad you asked. Well, here we go.

ZSS, when used in the right hands, is really, really good. For a start, there are her armor pieces. Fortunately, they don't last all that long, but they're a royal pain in the *** when used properly. She can use the armor pieces to make a 'wall' of armor in a sense, greatly increasing her defensive potential because it can make it harder for you to land attacks on her. Once they're gone, you can force an approach on her due to our superior projectile, but ZSS doesn't have much trouble approaching anyway so that doesn't help too much.

Once her armor pieces have disappeared, she's still a tough cookie. For a start, ZSS can get us out of floating VERY easily, whether that be by spaced Plasma Whips or Bairs or possibly even USmash. I'm 99% sure her Bair outranges our Fair, and it's also quicker and has more KO potential.

ZSS is also known to be a great juggler. Meanwhile, Peach is the queen at being juggled, what with her poor air dodge, slow falling speed and large size for her weight. In addition, her Uair cuts through our Dair due to disjoint, assuming they space it right, and once again it's quicker. Not to mention that ZSS has a lot of anti-air moves up her sleeve: USmash, up B and Plasma Whip can all punish incorrectly spaced Dairs, so watch yourself.

And of course there are the infamous DSmash combos. If you make a mistake e.g. rolling at the wrong time, landing from her parasol attack etc., then you get almost 40% hammered straight into you, which is approximately a third of the damage needed for her to kill us. When fresh, Bair, Fair and Plasma Whip all kill at around 120-130%. She also has a number of other combos unrelated to DSmash, usually involving dash attack or Uair or the like.

Contrary to popular belief, ZSS is NOT easy to gimp. Good ZSS players will DI semi-spikes and similar moves upwards, and from there her large second jump (made even larger by Boost Jumping) and Flip Jump can almost always make it back. Her tethers should only be used as a last resort, and even then, if you don't time it right, she can bring you down to her level, and sometimes even have time to re-tether to the edge afterwards! If you try to attack her, you have to be very careful, else you'll receive a Flip Jump kick to the face and be meteor smashed to your doom.

However, Peach isn't completely helpless here. For a start, ZSS is vulnerable to shield pressure due to a lack of reliable ooS options. Her shieldgrab is very slow and easy to avoid, and from there she doesn't have too many options. She can Nair, Fair and possibly do a retreating Plasma Whip, but other than that, she folds to shield pressure a fair bit. Thus, Dair and Fair pressuring her shield is even more effective here.

ZSS is also known for being very light, even more so than Peach, meaning that Peach doesn't have quite so much of a problem killing her. She still kills us earlier than we kill her, but you can usually get the kill in by 140-150%, even though she has a good momentum cancel.

You'll want to be using turnips a lot here. ZSS has numerous very long ranged attacks, and turnips are the only ones that have much chance of competing. And, as said before, her lack of effective ooS game means you can't be punished too much if they get shielded. Oh, and here's a small tip which you probably know already: if you DI down when she jabs, you can powershield the third hit.

In conclusion, ZSS is a tough matchup overall, but if you know what to do it's still winnable for you, which in my opinion is what defines a 40:60 matchup. I just find it incredibly hard to believe that it's even. At best it might be 45:55. If you actually bothered to read all this, thank you for your patience.

P.S. Dark Pch., please don't kill me.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
On Zamus:

doesn't Dair go thorugh her Usmash?

and i don't think Zamus' will ever use Nair, unless under certain contitions, or its my Zamus.

other than Dsmash or B combos ups Zamus other ones are just followups.

also Mnt T armor pieces **** can go both ways cause you can catch them and use them back at her.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
mountain tiger, our shield pressure on zss and that we can force her into her shield or into jumping by using turnips, and the fact that shielding is soooo good vs zss are such big things that it makes this matchup 50:50. ;o

Top Bottom