• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Weekly Match-Up Discussion - Forever Outdated :(

gantrain05

Smash Master
It's 50:50 if the Falco in question doesn't play gay.

But since matchup threads assume that the person on the other end is playing to win, it's more like 40:60-35:65. Approaching him is a nightmare.
no no no, falco def does not have advantage in this MU, even the gayest of falcos are the easiest char to gimp, walk at them and PS lasers, and when your close just float cancel a Nair when they are going to phantasm, he can't CG us worth a **** and sure as hell can't land any reliable kill moves. im so convinced this matchup is like 55/45 peach.

no no no, falco def does not have advantage in this MU, even the gayest of falcos are the easiest char to gimp, walk at them and PS lasers, and when your close just float cancel a Nair when they are going to phantasm, he can't CG us worth a **** and sure as hell can't land any reliable kill moves. im so convinced this matchup is like 55/45 peach.
Hmm... You seem to find the match-up far to straightforward. Do the Falco's you play do nothing more than phantasm, usmash, laser and grab? If so, they are doing it wrong. Falco is known for camping, but he has a mad mix-up game and closequarter combat stuff.

Even his recovery is remotely possible to mix-up. Falco can mix it up by going for the ledge, stage, and platforms above you. Heck, he can predict if you try to Nair close to the ground and phantasm over you. Even better, if spaced correctly, phantasm is unpunishable to get hit out of. Falco only appears in 3 sections during the whole thing. The dead middle, end and beginning. If he spaces it so that the middle is not where your hitbox is, your attack will just clash with the phantasm, and falco go unharmed.

Also, despite falco not having a CG on Peach, he still has a lot of options from Dthrow/Fthrow into a lot of follows up even up into the 100% range. The only problem is that nothing is 100% guaranteed to work after around 40%.

If you are able to simply PS and walk up to falco to try to punish him, obviously he is not playing right. Lasers merely act as the bait to cause Peach to approach. If you play a good Falco they wil mix up there lasering upon your approach. And the options he has are rather large making prediction a chore. I hardly know of many other characters that have so many different options. Apart from the normal lasering and phantasm away you also have to deal with the idea Falco will forgo lasering and instead do a retreating or advancing aerial to your attack. Maybe even SH air dodge behind you like a lot of warios and jiggs like to do. Then, there is the abilty to Boost Pivot Grab approaches, it is an excellent spacing method almost as safe as rolling backwards. Shine makes another factor to account for. By moderating usage he can use it as another mix-up tool to space against you at a disctance.

Even though Falco cannot kill reliably, neither can peach all too reliably. Both edgeguard each other really well when you look at the fact that a single laser will cancel out Peach's float in recovery, and that once she is on the ledge she can hardly do anything.

This plus falco has the camping advantage means approaches for peach. And with Falco's mix-up game, he can counteract approaches really well. Falco doesn't go even with MK for no reason. MK can gimp a lot easier than peach can, kill a lot sooner too, and is pretty much as light as peach.

To say peach has the 55:45 advantage over falco and has not remote chance to have the advantage seems pretty hard to shallow from my point of view. A lot of falcos I know think it's 60:40 their advantage, but I feel it's more like 50:50 or 55:45 Falco. The fact I do not agree with 60-40 is that edgeguarding as peach picks up some slack that she fails at in other areas.

gantrain05

Smash Master
well technically, Nairs hitbox is large enough its going to hit falco out of phantasm from just about anywhere, and if he phantasms above your head, hes going to have enough landing lag to actually punish him and get him offstage, where, if played right should be a stock every time. yeah he has mixups but nothing too dangerous if you are playing cautious.

also falco doesn't exactly have any good CPs to choose to CP peach, she's more versatile than he is when it comes to stage choice.

all im saying is that falco is going to have to work a whole lot harder to kill you than you are to kill him, and in all reality, every stock taken from falco should be a gimp, or even if they get predictable with phantasms it can be punished with an Usmash which is GG.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
If the Falco buffers the CG, he can CG us. DEHF, SK92, and Nerd can all do this.

The key is not that Falco's lasers do damage. The key is that Falco's lasers shut down the majority of your approaching options and reduce them to just a few. And when you're reduced to these small amounts of options, it becomes very easy for the Falco to predict and punish which of the few remaining options you have left, and he has an "out" for any uncomfortable situation that is very difficult to punish in the form of his side-B.

Peach:Falco is pitifully easy against mediocre Falcos. If they can't buffer the CG, they can't chaingrab us at all (they barely get one regrab from 0%). If their DI isn't spot on their pitifully easy to gimp.

Top level Falcos become crazy difficult to gimp and impossible to approach. It's far easier to get through to METAKNIGHT than Falco. If you don't approach, he wins. If you approach, you limit yourself to a tiny set of options that he gets to control, and he punishes you way harder. All of your advantages as a character are eliminated (his jab trumps your moveset, floating is shut down by his camp game), and all of your flaws are exploited (low fall speed makes you laserbait and the bad airdodge results in horrific punishments if you attempt to avoid attacks).

There is an enormous difference between playing a mid-level Falco and, say, DEHF and SK92. Sure, you can slowly powershield his lasers. But when you get near him- now what? If he can buffer the CG, you have to worry about a grab possibility. His jab beats out nearly all of your grounded options, and his ftilt wrecks normally safe fair spacings. His utilt is tough on a lot of Peach's normally safe options out of a short hop or float. He always has the side-B "out" option in any situation and can punish mistaken side-B predictions VERY harshly, and his reflector makes you think twice about turnip usage.

It's not an impossible matchup, it's just that Falco gets to control your options and makes you "think twice" about far too much of your moveset (leaving the ground is dangerous, throwing turnips is dangerous) and shuts down too much for it to be an even matchup by any means.

High level Falco's suck.

well technically, Nairs hitbox is large enough its going to hit falco out of phantasm from just about anywhere, and if he phantasms above your head, hes going to have enough landing lag to actually punish him and get him offstage, where, if played right should be a stock every time. yeah he has mixups but nothing too dangerous if you are playing cautious.
A high level Falco should be DIing those nairs. If everything is DI'd up, getting him offstage hardly equates to a stock. Phantasm shouldn't be his main reaction to your approach either, unless he's bad at controlling your options and is using it as a panic button.

also falco doesn't exactly have any good CPs to choose to CP peach, she's more versatile than he is when it comes to stage choice.
Falco destroys Peach on neutrals. Peach ***** him on Brinstar and Rainbow Cruise. Falco has the larger variety here.

all im saying is that falco is going to have to work a whole lot harder to kill you than you are to kill him, and in all reality, every stock taken from falco should be a gimp, or even if they get predictable with phantasms it can be punished with an Usmash which is GG.
If you can upsmash Falco more than once per set out of his phantasm, the Falco is bad. :/ And a Falco that DI's everything isn't nearly that easy to gimp.

gantrain05

Smash Master
you can smash DI falcos Dthrow to pop up way above him.

also this matchup honestly forces both chars out of their element, and forces them both to play different, imo peach just adjusts better than falco.

i know it sounds weird, but i swear u can SDI upwards on falcos Dthrow, i do it all the time, i usually agree with u praxis, but until i actually lose to a falco im standing by my peach advantage.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Falco destroys Peach on neutrals. Peach ***** him on Brinstar and Rainbow Cruise. Falco has the larger variety here..
With the options of neutrals as FD, Battlefield, Smashville, and Yoshi's Island (plus whatever other stage).

Ban FD. Unwinnable.

Battlefield, float camp the top platform.

Smashville, float camp the moving platform while planking until it returns.

Yoshi's Island, float camp the tilting platform, above the tilt.

I haven't tested these methods thoroughly, but I might resort to float camping platforms if I ever encounter a laser happy Falco. Just gain the advantage, sit atop the platform with a turnip - at any slight movement, double jump to the fullest height and float dairs (always trying to stay vertically aligned with him).

Dair should eat every type of retaliation, with the turnip (and more dairs) used to cover your landing and for emergency purposes.

I haven't tested these methods thoroughly, but I might resort to float camping platforms if I ever encounter a laser happy Falco. Just gain the advantage, sit atop the platform with a turnip - at any slight movement, double jump to the fullest height and float dairs (always trying to stay vertically aligned with him).

Dair should eat every type of retaliation, with the turnip (and more dairs) used to cover your landing and for emergency purposes.
lol, I like how you mentioned staying vertically aligned with Falco xD Yeah, Bair will pretty much trade hits with you if he can come in from the side.

Just from a perspective of playing both Falco and Peach, I think that trying this method against Falco might, or might not work. It makes Falco have to try to think about how to time his approach or else it won't work very well. Either way, the weakness I see is that you are limited to platforms, and jumping in the air. Pretty much a bad situation all around when you consider that Peach will have to come down eventually. Falco's FH is enough to just reach the top platform of BF. FH a rising Nair and it will be a good punisher to peach's landing. You try to float in the air, Falco can still try to Bair you there, and I think it would be very difficult to keep in line with falco the whole time. Plus, I feel like Uair has a bit disjointed hitbox that could

you can smash DI falcos Dthrow to pop up way above him.

also this matchup honestly forces both chars out of their element, and forces them both to play different, imo peach just adjusts better than falco.

i know it sounds weird, but i swear u can SDI upwards on falcos Dthrow, i do it all the time, i usually agree with u praxis, but until i actually lose to a falco im standing by my peach advantage
Are you sure you aren't just DIing instead of SDI? Sounds like you are DIing up from opinion. And for some reason, DI is pretty much non existent against Falco's Dthrow at low percents. It's weird. As soon as 40% comes by, most people can DI Dthrow again, either down to try to tech the ground, or Up to get placed a bit above falco. Either way falco can respond pretty well. He can follow DI across by running after you. If Peach tries to attack or air dodge, Falco can time a shield to avoid the attack, or keep going and punish air dodges. Oh looked, you just got grabbed again lol. If you DI up, that places you in range of some antics. He might try to attack you with an aerial, wait for you to air dodge, attack, or jump and follow up after that. However, I think that Dthrow at higher percents is starting to lose some value. Fthrow's angle gives Falco much better follow up potiential.

gantrain05

Smash Master

Are you sure you aren't just DIing instead of SDI? Sounds like you are DIing up from opinion. And for some reason, DI is pretty much non existent against Falco's Dthrow at low percents. It's weird. As soon as 40% comes by, most people can DI Dthrow again, either down to try to tech the ground, or Up to get placed a bit above falco. Either way falco can respond pretty well. He can follow DI across by running after you. If Peach tries to attack or air dodge, Falco can time a shield to avoid the attack, or keep going and punish air dodges. Oh looked, you just got grabbed again lol. If you DI up, that places you in range of some antics. He might try to attack you with an aerial, wait for you to air dodge, attack, or jump and follow up after that. However, I think that Dthrow at higher percents is starting to lose some value. Fthrow's angle gives Falco much better follow up potiential.

well i know i've been shot pretty much strait up out of falcos Dthrow from under 30% many times, like not a slight difference either its like, almost strait up where falco can't even hope to regrab. i know im not going crazy lol.

KunaiX

Smash Cadet
HI Community,

we made a projekt to manage the Match Up in a Match Up Generator.

Each side of character have the Chance to show his side MU in a MU Generator.

PLease follow the instruction for a better overview:

Link: Match Up Generator

Thanks for helping us =D

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
It's 50:50 if the Falco in question doesn't play gay.

But since matchup threads assume that the person on the other end is playing to win, it's more like 40:60-35:65. Approaching him is a nightmare.
Here we go with the excuses and whiny about one thing to change everything, and giving out insane match up ratios "ZSS has upair, so cause of that one move, Peach loses the match up, nothing we can doo, waaa waa waa!" This is why this place annoys me. freaking crying instead of looking at things fully. This is why people don't improve, and stay the same. And keep crying about the same thing over and over. people seriosly need to man the hell up. Just like I told vidjo when he made that thread about Peach being bad in this game and others agreeing as crying along with him. Same thing applies here. I swear I have never seen a bunch of weak players for a competitive game or on this site in my life than here.

This post is not to flame or insult. It's being straight real And I am getting tired of this. Thats why her tourny results in the ranking thread sucks. Thats why her meta game sucks. Cause of this nonsenses. Really coming from people who don't even go to tournys and play at high leves. just sit here and cry instead of learning. No mindgames, no mix ups, same typical stuff people see all the time man. Thats why Peach is the way she is now. And why you boys lose.

Take this more as advice to man the hell up, study things, look at your problems and work on it. Freaking think for a change. I am seriously getting tired of this from these boards. if you get off this nonsense, you will improve and her metagame will get better. And More of you boys in tournies will do better and even beat this people you go on about so much. You boys can do this ****. You seriously can. But you are holding yourselfs from doing it. not no darn pro player or character. it's all your fault.

You think MikeG was like this that made him the creater or Peach in melee back in his **** days? You think Armarda was on this crap when decided to beast with Peach in his country then came to America for the first time and ***** so many people? No. No, no, NO!

Falco does NOT **** Peach on Netrual. The Only Netural that is hard to deal with Falco (and I'll still take his butt there) is FD. Any Stage with Platforms gets at Falco thanks to his falling speed and how Good Peach is with them. And help you bait moves. Metas now don't even wanna play me on battle field anymore. Cause they know what I do to them there. And they play as gay as they want. They already know the deal with my Peach on that stage. I make it look like it is her official stage on this game, and it is not at all. I'm just smart with my pressure game and use of platfrom and turnips along with the platforms.

If you are really good with both Platform and pressure, Lylat is another stage that can reek pain on Falco. Easier to pressure on all Platforms since they are lined up. The stage is not that big so it is a lil easier to Keep the pressure on him and lil easier to edgeguard him since the stage moves. Last I heard from space animal players, they don't like lylat. So use it to your advantage.

The next best thing for Falco is he wanted to be a campy tool is Smashville, since the platform is not always there. You still get platform pressure here but it is limited. Still better than no platform at all right? And if I am not mistaken, that stage is not as big as FD.

YI is another good stage against Falco. That platform can screw up his camping. And your uptilt can hit him on the platform while his can't even reach. So if you under falco, you can do damage/pressure. Glide tossing up with turnips under hit also help since it is one big platform and you can make it rain turnips and thenpressure from below. Works best if he is falling to the stage from the air.

PS1 Can be another one to get at Falco. The basic Part of the stage is just like a mini Battlefield. And the ceiling is a lil lower. Go can do a good pressure game here. When it changes to the fire or rock stage, you cave those platforms to getat falco or increase your evasion if you need to break away. people need to realize that Platforms when use well as Peach screw up big/ fastfalling characters.

Then as praxis said, You also have BS and RC.

Platforms can help with lasers, your evasion and getting close to Falco.

Gantrain, Peach does not have the advantage on Falco. I been to this character in and out. There is nothing (really at high levels of play) that brings it down to Peach having the advantage. if you getpast his camping, Falco has a good upclose game. He is pretty well rounded. don't think if you get past his Lasers it is **** city. cause it is hot. If you have a falco that has good hand skills, you will have a hard time.

One more thing I wanna get out there. People tend to bring up these players and how they can't beat them when they play then so many times. Sop the match up much be bad or a nitemare. I don't think that you boys take into account tthe fact that they are Smart then you. Not in the match up, but in general. They have more mix ups, mindgames and obvervastion more than you. As players they are better then you. Not take it to a fact that they play a better character than you do. And to the fact that Peach does not have the advantage. A character does not make someone a pro. A Ganon player could be known as one of the best players in the world. But not because of his character. but how he is as a player in general.

So if one is smarter than you are and you tend to do the same thing and have no mindgames or mix up to a point you are not hard to read/bait, chances are, you are gonna lose over, and over, and over again. I been there. I have lose many types cause I played so typical and was easy to read. Even against people who are not better than I am. Thats how things work wether you wanna believe it or not dudes.

Now if people wanna take this post as an insult and wanna come and flame me, dislike me, etc, then go ahead. What else is new around here. if not, take my post as words or wisdom and tuffen up. To get it right, you have to get it wrong first. Correct the wrong and improve the right. Thats how you get better, not being on this nonsesne, and I promise you, you will see a change in how you play and Peach will do less complaining and more *** kicking that you will have top tiers crying and whining about Peach. That's how I got better and improved to do my thing. And I am still learning lots of things and improving more. You boys need to do the same.

Metatitan

Smash Master
There's nothing wrong with saying what we're all thinking (that the majority of the boards aren't top players or tournygoers) but proclaiming that everyone has a helpless attitude in a matchup is..... bleh.

What falcos are you playing Dark? It'd be really helpful to know since you claim to have such great experience in the matchup.

gantrain05

Smash Master
well i have been placing like top 8 at most tournies i've been to lately, and yeah i do play to win, but honestly i don't think falco is as bad as alot of people make it out to be either, im not saying peach ***** him, i DO however think she has the advantage with her up close game compared to falco. yes falco has a good close range game, but imo peach just flat out beats him there.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
well i have been placing like top 8 at most tournies i've been to lately, and yeah i do play to win, but honestly i don't think falco is as bad as alot of people make it out to be either, im not saying peach ***** him, i DO however think she has the advantage with her up close game compared to falco. yes falco has a good close range game, but imo peach just flat out beats him there.
but falco has more range up close and has a gayer jab with just as much priority as ours and if you dare to try dtilt/ftilt falco can just roll behind you and ****. he can still do retreating sh single laser to grab, ftilt, usmash, IAP, jab, etc. And he has rly good oos options. Peach has good stuff but falco still has more or less the same tools, some better than ours, and he can retreat + hit us with an IAP.

gantrain05

Smash Master
usually with falco i just walk at him with turnip in hand, and soon as i see him gonna laser, i just glide toss right in his face, grab him, and then throw him offstage and proceed to gimp. i know falco has some annoying up close game, but peach shouldn't be just throwin out Ftilts on falco imo, its better to rely on jabs, FC'd Bairs/Nairs, and grabs.

Xyless

Smash Master
We might want to update Peach/Ike matchup.

Check the research experiment thread, Chain Grab Baby!
The CG is great and all, but great Ikes can punish a ton of Peach's spacing, especially her slow airdodge. I've always gone about even with Ike. He's extremely hard to edgeguard, too.

sectorz

Smash Rookie
The CG is great and all, but great Ikes can punish a ton of Peach's spacing, especially her slow airdodge. I've always gone about even with Ike. He's extremely hard to edgeguard, too.

I Beg to differ, In theory ike's recovery is VERY easily gimped. Toad'ing his aether could equal a instant gimp, depending on how high there damage is and how they di.Also u can slam a turnip down the ledge before he aethers (that is if he's recovering very low) for another good gimp And as for
quick draw, u can get flashy and toad it off stage as well, or do the universal thing and just run in to it, to stop him from coming back. So u have alot of useful gimping options against ike. Its only hard if u try to gimo him with aerials,

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Heyo, gaiz! I'm thinking about picking up Peach for both the Kongs~!
I was wondering, does anyone think that's a good idea to try and use her for both Diddy or Donkey or will I have a struggle? How do other Peaches do against them? What could I do against both of them? Thanks a bunch guys!

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Heyo, gaiz! I'm thinking about picking up Peach for both the Kongs~!
I was wondering, does anyone think that's a good idea to try and use her for both Diddy or Donkey or will I have a struggle? How do other Peaches do against them? What could I do against both of them? Thanks a bunch guys!

Peach is one of Diddy's worse MUs, primarily because her aerial-orientated, floaty playstyle means that bananas don't affect her as adversely, and she can pick up any bananas he plucks with auto-cancelled aerials, which she can use for her own purposes thanks to her decent glide toss. She also gimps him pretty well.

Peach vs Donkey Kong is very slightly in his favour, but for all intents and purposes it's very close to even. Dair combos **** him, because even if he SDIs out, he can't punish you out of it. Bair is annoying though... Also make sure to use lots of turnips.

Xyless

Smash Master
I Beg to differ, In theory ike's recovery is VERY easily gimped. Toad'ing his aether could equal a instant gimp, depending on how high there damage is and how they di.Also u can slam a turnip down the ledge before he aethers (that is if he's recovering very low) for another good gimp And as for
quick draw, u can get flashy and toad it off stage as well, or do the universal thing and just run in to it, to stop him from coming back. So u have alot of useful gimping options against ike. Its only hard if u try to gimo him with aerials,
Simply put, good Ikes won't get gimped. I've played against great Ikes (Kirk, Meneil, and Rykoshet), and go about even against them, maybe even with them doing better (because they've learned how I play), even with me going for gimps. The fact is, if Ike is expecting a gimp, the player will either recover high with Quick Draw, or low enough that he won't get hit by Toad.

And then there's the fact that his ground game is superior to Peach's, and Peach's air dodge makes her a sitting duck for Ikes who can read perfectly. If he expects a dodge, he'll uair, and if not, bair.

I'm not saying the matchup isn't in Peach's favor, but everyone underrates Ike and his recovery, as well as his matchups. The only matchup I personally think is bad for Ike is MK, simply because MK has the perfect options for off-stage gimping, and outprioritizes Ike all-together.

It's not like I haven't played jokes of Ikes. I JV3stocked an Ike back when I was using Wiimote/Nunchuk almost a year ago, all with turnips. The thing is, he was horrible at recovering, and every time I killed him, he could've made it back safely had he known to fastfall the turnips instead of dodge/attack into them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56PH6XbZagU

Scaphist

Smash Apprentice
Wouldn't it be better to reverse toad into Ike's quickdraw? He'll hit you and you'll be invincible and he'll go into his fall state, instead him surviving by DI'ing up and getting another chance to recover.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
That is flawed. Toad comes out on frame 11 and has four frames of invincibility, so timing it is extremely hard, not to mention one mistake = dead. Can't you just Nair it or something? xd

:052:

Xyless

Smash Master
That is flawed. Toad comes out on frame 11 and has four frames of invincibility, so timing it is extremely hard, not to mention one mistake = dead. Can't you just Nair it or something? xd

:052:
Don't think so. The sword comes out first, so the likelyhood of you getting the float and nair off before he can grab the ledge (if spaced correctly) will be very low, especially considering a good Ike will space the sword onto the stage slightly to give himself safe recovery distance.

Also, like you said, you CAN toad, but it's extremely hard to do. I try it every chance I get (as well as the Peach bomber if I know I won't get spiked), since there's a few frames to pull each off. It's best to just back off, grab a turnip, and get ready to fight though. Ike gets so many awesomely gay spike kills by people who try to edgehog him. It's always fun watching someone pull them off.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I have a question about ZSS. How do we avoid her amazing ground game & avoid punishment in the air. Her uair/upsmash/up-b are challenging for me to avoid. What should I do?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If you want to beat DK and Diddy, just pick Wario.

***** DK.

55:45, arguably 6:4 against Diddy.

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
Lol samus. You can pressure her shield so bad its ridiculous. Up B OoS can be a ***** vs our cross-ups but its easy to sdi out of (free dair to whatever). Non PSing the missiles is not a option because he can grab you during shieldstun, Jump OoS to avoid this after you PS. Don't float to approach when you are far away. PS to glide toss when the zair hits. When you get up close you can start floating to bait a reaction.

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
Just reading up on things i need to know since i plan on competing in this game again =D
The peach thread has been the most helpful so far :)

Top Bottom