• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Weekly Match-Up Rediscussion: Falco

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
"I'm shielding and getting close to you by running out my shield. I get close to you, you have no choice but to stop unless you want a free azz kicking in the corner. Now you say you can F-B to the other side? I could have sworn I told you that I 2 stocked a falco for playing like this. He camped and F-B. If You try to F-B:"

This is what you'd do, Dark.pch? Shield-walk to me....really? If, my possessing one single move (Lasers), I can force you to do this then isn't that already giving up most of Peach's strengths? I'm sorry but "Shield-dashing/walking" towards someone as the ONLY way to approach already puts you at a disadvantage. Falco can also do several things...

-Pivot Grab
-Dash Grab
-Jab
-Reflector

Dark.pch also said,

"- Don't jump
- Don't try to float to you
- Don't get a turnip(s)
- Don't float"

Without doing ANY of these, my previously mentioned four options that Falco has defeats Shield-dashing.

You are assuming that the falcos ONLY Laser/Side-B basically, with few/little mix-ups.

You are relying way too much on your opponents predictability. Even with all these, all I'm saying is a small 20 matchup deficit. Peach's lack of options when approaching ALONE tip the balance in Falco's favor. This is a large part of any match-up and this is why it's 60-40.
Your job from camping is making it hard for me to get to you and rack up damage. And what I make it out to be is me getting close to you, which is all I need to do to get at Falco. And Falco does not stop me at all from getting close. Once I get close I can do what I want.

Also I can just Jab his lasers or FC Nair them if anything and move in. jabing is just better. Also, i can run, cancel her dash with that somewhat wavedash she has and then Jab. so I really dont need my shield for those lasers. Cause it takes about 6-7 frames to drop your sheild. So I'll kill frames by doing this. making it a lil faster to get to you.

And no, I am not assuming Falcos can only laser and F-B. I'm getting on this the most cause people are crying about this too much and can't deal with it. I already went on how to fight falco in general. But all I here is his lasers and etc. Which is nothing but crap. Ether way, you do NOT stop me from approaching you. AT ALL.

- Who says I have to sit in my sheild when I get near you?
- Who says I have to throw the first punch?
- Who says I have to let you throw the first punch?

AND AGAIN, YOU ACT LIKE I ALWAYS HAVE TO THROW THE FIRST PUNCH. I DONT.

I'm put this as simple as;

Can Peach get close to falco? Yes she can. Thats all I need to end him. **** his lasers. You deal with his lasers, falco is ****. All you have to worry about is going blow for blow with falco, which is not a damm problem. Unreal how simple this crap is and it becomes a big deal.

I know how to fight you with out turnips or floating. I dont need my air game. I can fight you just fine witout that and play just as well as if I was to use it all. Stop thinking of typical Peach crap and think outside the box for once.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Stop this tone of voice in your posts, seriously. There is a clear distinction between Nyjin's posting information on the matchup and criticizing your posts, and you criticizing him personally. You better learn the difference.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You will have too excuse me. I have a temper I refsue to control. Really when I know I am ri9ght about something. only 2 more points left and I am banned.

Villi

Smash Lord
Walking/running and shielding is a universal strategy that any character can utilize. Peach's problem is getting in on Falco, but she can't use any of her ordinary approach options. It seems like universal strategies such as shielding aren't given enough credit, which in turn gives undue favor to strategies like Falco's where shielding is an effective option.

When she manages to get in on Falco, she's presented with a 50/50 guessing game -- if she guesses right, she nairs his phantasm and she gets a combo + momentum; if she guesses wrong he phantasms, and her situation is reset.

I would say 45:55 in favor of Falco, but I'm still leaning toward 47:53 Falco. They have similar weight, and both of them can get the other to mid percent once they get in. Peach's control when she has momentum is strong, but there is no neutral game in Peach vs. Falco. There will always be lasers, and if Peach doesn't get in, she's taking damage. Even when she does get in, it's a 50/50 guess on who successfully makes the next move. That would make it a 50/50 matchup if it weren't for the fact that Peach didn't have to dodge lasers.

Sph34r

Smash Journeyman
Hey, Dark.Pch, once you do get past the lasers somehow and are within striking range, what attack would you actualy use? (assuming you're not just going to try to predict a phantasm and nair)

I think Falco's jab is better then most of your CQC options anyway.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Walking/running and shielding is a universal strategy that any character can utilize. Peach's problem is getting in on Falco, but she can't use any of her ordinary approach options. It seems like universal strategies such as shielding aren't given enough credit, which in turn gives undue favor to strategies like Falco's where shielding is an effective option.

When she manages to get in on Falco, she's presented with a 50/50 guessing game -- if she guesses right, she nairs his phantasm and she gets a combo + momentum; if she guesses wrong he phantasms, and her situation is reset.

I would say 45:55 in favor of Falco, but I'm still leaning toward 47:53 Falco. They have similar weight, and both of them can get the other to mid percent once they get in. Peach's control when she has momentum is strong, but there is no neutral game in Peach vs. Falco. There will always be lasers, and if Peach doesn't get in, she's taking damage. Even when she does get in, it's a 50/50 guess on who successfully makes the next move. That would make it a 50/50 matchup if it weren't for the fact that Peach didn't have to dodge lasers.
"Walking/running and shielding is a universal strategy that any character can utilize."

This is one reason I am not giving it to Falco. People are acting like Peach is the only one who has to deal with this. She dosent. Others do too. So again. Lasers are not that big a deal as people make it out to be.Even matches where characters have the advantage or go even with falco they have to do the same thing to get inside falco. I think people are seriously over rating falco on his lasers.

Once I get inside Falco, I ether throw the first punch or Falco does. I already explain bith characters can deal with w/e they throw at each other from this point. They both have and don't have answers to situations they throw at each other. Also I explained how there is a Netrual game between them.

Hey, Dark.Pch, once you do get past the lasers somehow and are within striking range, what attack would you actualy use? (assuming you're not just going to try to predict a phantasm and nair)

I think Falco's jab is better then most of your CQC options anyway.
- Float>Dair (Move in then out, pull back a lil or stay in place)
- Grounded float>reversebair
- Grounded Float> Nair
- Grounded Float> Spaced Fair (Bait out of shield or start a pressure game, or if anything, thit him.)
- Shorthop>Nair
- Short hop>Dair (Move in then out, pull back a lil or stay in place)
- Jab (If anything flollow up the with something.
- Shorthop>Fair (Move in then out, pull back a lil or stay in place)
- Let Falco throw the first punch. Remember, I dont have too. And take it from there with any of the choices above. Mix and match them or link them.

And just what is CQC?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Shorthop/Floated Dairs can take care of his jabs. And If I am not mistaken, Grounded Fairs can as well.

Top Bottom