• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pensacola, FL Monthly #3: Brawl & Melee - 12/06/08

Bummerz

Smash Apprentice
hey so i got pizz wasted lastnight.... and im planning on doing it again this coming fryday. lol so if i dont show up you guys know way so i apologize in advance.

just wondering if anyone wanted to play b4 the tourney cause i havent played against anything thats not a computer. i just dont want to go into auto mode.

so let me know i live on NAS Pensacola (sry on base, but free electricity) but its no problem coming on just say youre going to the musium. we could order some pizza and wings or whatever.

SRY ONLY GOT MELEE (p.s. just saying im decent so if you lookin for a melee friend let me know lol.)

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Sooooooooooooo yeah... I think Fluxx'ed Up and Team Juke Should be comin tru except me. So thats like... 10 people

Ruse

Fox
Sooooooooooooo yeah... I think Fluxx'ed Up and Team Juke Should be comin tru except me. So thats like... 10 people
You still not going to be able to make it, though ):? Wanna see your Sonic skills.

hey so i got pizz wasted lastnight.... and im planning on doing it again this coming fryday. lol so if i dont show up you guys know way so i apologize in advance
No johns.

CJ the Illest

Smash Cadet
ok. ruse.. i probibly can go now. i was txting u earlier. saying that it was 55%-60% now its more like 80-90% and i might bring some friends from New Orleans. but there not that good. but more money for the winner right? haha. but yea. ile see u guys there. because i kno pretty much exactly where the tourny is. it looks fun. does anyone wanna team up for brawl?

Ruse

Fox
ok. ruse.. i probibly can go now. i was txting u earlier. saying that it was 55%-60% now its more like 80-90% and i might bring some friends from New Orleans. but there not that good. but more money for the winner right? haha. but yea. ile see u guys there. because i kno pretty much exactly where the tourny is. it looks fun. does anyone wanna team up for brawl?
Dude, if you're placing top 4 in those New Orleans monthlies than you might be the winner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7tbe16ph7M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op6Epn_ko5o

Craaaaaazzzyyyyy Snake.

Ruse

Fox
thx for the snake compliment. u didnt show any of the matchs that i lost. haha. do u have any vids on youtube where ur playing or holy and the other guys?
The only ones I found of you losing were versus Lee's MK, which is understandable. He's boss.

We have some from PCola #2, but Manko hasn't uploaded yet. I feel like we've all gotten better since then, and that they're not too accurate of how good any of us are anymore (especially me. Jeez, I really feel like I've learned a lot in three weeks. It's nuts).

i would actually like to see those vids posted too...
I'm gonna pirate Adobe Premier soon so that I can pick up Manko's slack :p.

No real hating on Manko; it's all out of love.

HolyChef

Smash Ace
yea. the only ones that are on utube of me losing are against lee. lol. not much to see

do u remember my mario holy? haha. goood games right there
yo i was totally gonna bring up ur mario. then i gave it some second thought and was like "wow it looks really bad losing to mario with my g&w." i think it was g&w anyway....

lol those were good games though. i thought mario was ur main cause i didnt even kno who u were and also since u ***** me with him lol. then u picked snake last and i was like "oh great he also uses a top tier..."

if ruse held the low tourney at this monthly it really wouldnt be fair lol

CJ the Illest

Smash Cadet
yo i was totally gonna bring up ur mario. then i gave it some second thought and was like "wow it looks really bad losing to mario with my g&w." i think it was g&w anyway....

lol those were good games though. i thought mario was ur main cause i didnt even kno who u were and also since u ***** me with him lol. then u picked snake last and i was like "oh great he also uses a top tier..."

haha mario isa beast.
We needa do more mario and ddd/g&w friendlies this weekend if time permits.
and maby u could teach me how to use ur infamous ice climbers? :chuckle:

Ruse

Fox
Qft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Snake and MK are both pretty broken, but Snake is nowhere near bannable. I get destroyed in the match-up, but only because I'm inexperienced. There are plenty of Snake counters. DDD, Olimar, Falco, etc. all can beat Snake's ***.

Hell, Snake might be our only chance at a good MK match-up. Worth picking up? Maybe.

That sounds terrifying.

No low tier at 3. #4 is a
great
possibility.

haha mario isa beast.
We needa do more mario and ddd/g&w friendlies this weekend if time permits.
and maby u could teach me how to use ur infamous ice climbers? :chuckle:
Holy's IC = ****.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I hate fighting snakes more than fighting MK's. with Sonic I can bring em down to the last life but by the time I get Snake into killin range the many killing moves that I have are all 2 stale to finish the job :-/

HolyChef

Smash Ace
yeah CJ ill teach u IC's lol. theyre fun cause theyre more technical than most of the cast and take practice thanks to their chain grabs and desyncing.

u should let me enter the low tier tourney, whenever u have it, with my single climber btw.

this **** is getting pretty hype with people from NOLA, Tally, and Panama City going.

edit.
i've always hated snake more than mk.

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
I hate fighting snakes more than fighting MK's. with Sonic I can bring em down to the last life but by the time I get Snake into killin range the many killing moves that I have are all 2 stale to finish the job :-/
I read somewhere that by grabbing the oponent and hitting him (not really fast), you refresh your moves.

Ruse

Fox
yeah CJ ill teach u IC's lol. theyre fun cause theyre more technical than most of the cast and take practice thanks to their chain grabs and desyncing.
Holy has to try way too hard to pwn with IC, but he does it anyways.

Except during bad match-ups ):. I wish ROB didn't eat IC, so he'd go them more often.

At least you can **** some D3's.

Id like to go Ill need to see if i cant get a ride with someone from the Tally grp :3
I hope you can find some wheels.

Wow, it does my heart some real good to see people coming over to little ol Pcola for some smash.

I really hope this goes somewhere.
(: Ditto.

Also, I'm pretty sure UWF is doing their thing tonight. Manko sent me a text
way too early
this morning. If not, we could totally have friendlies at my house.

Someone texted me asking what I expected the attendance to be, but I accidentally cleared my inbox before I could reply \:.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Ruse ur house is gonna be packed this time haha, i prob cant bring tv but i may bring my wii ifff i have to(id rather not) but i will cause..ya :p

Ruse

Fox
Ruse ur house is gonna be packed this time haha, i prob cant bring tv but i may bring my wii ifff i have to(id rather not) but i will cause..ya :p
I'm going to find out by tomorrow if I can borrow the kid's Wii who I usually do, but I dunno if that'll happen because he's my ex's brother and blah blah.

It'd be awesome if you would bring it if necessary. It'd be very appreciated 0:.

Lizard

Smash Ace
**** i wish i could go now.

Lots of people gonna be showing up. Just hope Fluxxed up will take this thing home!

Finals too important though..... School johns, yes i know

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
birthday johns are not acceptable ur birthday is the day before, get fluxxed up on friday.
I will drive for 3 hours you can sleep in the car, and ill bring a wallmart bag just in case u gotta release some party liquor.

Ruse

Fox
Hey i'm definitely coming assuming nothing bad happens. also i'm bringing 2 friends. and we are coming from panama city w00t! lol but we'll see ya there
Wow. Panama City.

Glad to hear. See you Saturday.

EDIT: Friendlies at my place at 7:30pm. Call or text if you wanna come.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace

Ruse

Fox
this game makes me sad when i see people play it :(

also chef play mine rices mk's after u bet us money so we care......... hes really out balanced from the rest of the game :(

o yea hey everyone in here
Hi.

Don't hate ):. Brawl isn't a no talent BS game just because there's a broken character.

Bummerz

Smash Apprentice
Birthday Johns
haha same but im going so you have to too.

ima try to watch myself so i can make it tomorrow but its MY b-day so i know people goin to try to get me wasted. some one call my phone in the morning to make sure im alive

(224)-616-9373

Ruse

Fox
AIM conversation:

Skaterbaj (3:36:04 PM): holy is raw as ****

Also, we need another copy of Melee pretty badly.

Top Bottom