• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pensacola, FL Monthly #3: Brawl & Melee - 12/06/08

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I've got two cubes and two copies of Melee. One of which is only compatible with my Wii though, so unless there's some reason to bring it, I'll leave my other Cube here.

I'll probably bring 3 TVs too. 1 of which Ruse will hold semi-permanently.

Ruse

Fox
I've got two cubes and two copies of Melee. One of which is only compatible with my Wii though, so unless there's some reason to bring it, I'll leave my other Cube here.

I'll probably bring 3 TVs too. 1 of which Ruse will hold semi-permanently.
Sweet. I wasn't even going to use Cubes, so a Wii-only copy would be fine.

I should really find a place to set-up a fifth and maybe sixth station... House is so cramped, though. Maybe if we used my room?

You kids better all show up at 11 so we can get in some friendlies.

Ruse

Fox
I hear you cooking us food ruse, or something someone said something like that.
That's soooooooooooo not true.

I do not cook.

I'll probably get some snacks and soda this time, though.

See you kids tomorrow!

ALSO, I've set up a spot for a fifth AND sixth set-up, but they'll only be running for Brawl singles only, since that'll probably be the only necessary time and because of our lack of space.

If you're someone like Dan, Skater, etc., please bring you set-up JUST IN CASE for me so that singles can run really smoothly.

Also, bring ANY EXTRA COPIES OF MELEE. It won't hurt to have them, and if we do have extras I can run them on the new set-ups for time's sake.

Hope everything goes well and that we all have a ton of fun.

Ruse

Fox
Snacks/drinks available (for free).

SIX SET-UPS for singles (if people bring their Wiis).

Manko's old crew showed.

Awesome.

Ruse

Fox
Results posted on the first page.

Great tourney, minus my placement.

Any suggestions for the date of PCola #4?

CJ the Illest

Smash Cadet
hey ruse. and holy. my bad guys. my rents didnt let me go. [i actually got punished] lol. [cursed out my mom] not a good idea. and i jus now got my phone back ruse. i misssed ur call and txt. it sux that i missed it. i rly wanted to go. plz keep me informed for the tourny number 4 :]

Deadweight

Smash Ace
PCola 4 should be Jan 17th imo
Also great tournament guys Videos should be up in the next couple of days
Also I find it creepy that all 3 Tios' crashed

Ruse

Fox
hey ruse. and holy. my bad guys. my rents didnt let me go. [i actually got punished] lol. [cursed out my mom] not a good idea. and i jus now got my phone back ruse. i misssed ur call and txt. it sux that i missed it. i rly wanted to go. plz keep me informed for the tourny number 4 :]
): That sucks. Yeah, we don't have a date for #4 yet, but I'll message you a link as soon as we do. Hope that you can make it next time!

PCola 4 should be Jan 17th imo
Also great tournament guys Videos should be up in the next couple of days
Also I find it creepy that all 3 Tios' crashed
17th, eh? I'll keep it in mind.

Glad that you guys made it home. Send us a link whenever they're up. Can't wait to see that ditto.

Ruse

Fox
Sleeping Johnz

>_< I hads funs
Haha.

I have Johns, too, but no John will change what actually happened.

Not to say that you don't ****, because you definitely do.

I had fun playing friendlies. See you next weekend (most likely).

D_B_S

Smash Lord
FO SHO >:)

yeah no johnz ggs to all of tally

WE RUN PENSACOLA LOL jk

Nice playing with yall

im finna upload double grand finals right now

Ruse

Fox
FO SHO >:)

yeah no johnz ggs to all of tally

WE RUN PENSACOLA LOL jk

Nice playing with yall

im finna upload double grand finals right now
Jssn runs PCola :p.

I really think Holy might have won if he hadn't left. Now we won't see him until January ):.

Also, the Loser Bracket was so mad at us PCola kids that it put four of our five top players in the same branch. That was lame.

No Johns, though. Esper and Manko are both better than me, but I really wish that I would have gotten some matches before losing to them \:. Getting them as my only two sets was really discouraging.

**** you, tio.

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
This Tourney was too good!
Zelda Mirror matches against Dan were too much Fun!
Awesome Friendlies with Manko were fun!
Ruse, youre ROB is awesome, you just got gimped by pirate ship.
Can't wait for the next one guys, and i hope to see you guys on the 13th over here in Tally!

FLuxx'd up wrecked in Pcola jk :p

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
great tourney. I'm glad my old crew & the Tally guys were able to make it. Mad fun with both. Also the Panama City guys, though I only played one of them. Nice ZSS, I have no experience with her at all so the first set we had, you were springing all sorts of surprises on me. Same to Soma in friendlies, Zelda/Sheik have some weird things about her. good **** guys.

I felt bad for DBS SDing by screwing up the fart edge gaurds. I've done the same thing several times by messing up my side-b jump, so I felt your pain. Other then those, nice Wario. Hopefully we'll get to have a full set next weekend. 8, you counter me so hard! I was able to go pretty even with the DDD in Louisiana, but yours was so much harder. I'm going to have to try a secondary next time.

jssn I didn't get to play in singles, but congrats on the tourney win. That Corneria teams match was ****. I picked it hoping to avoid arrow/dinFire spam but didn't know it was such a good Zelda level. I think we got like 5 stocked, lol. Deadweight, I didn't even notice you were a ROB main until late into the tourney. It's a shame we didn't get to do friendlies.

Thanks for coming out guys, it was fun.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Ya man great tourney nicee to see tally show up. 8 Pwning D3 i mean ****.. And whoever i played in loosers that sniped me with rob..nice rob..ill get u next time..

My johns? umm ill tell ruse next time he is on aim :p :p

Lizard

Smash Ace
I am definatly making it to number 4!

Ruse, lets keep in contact so we don';t schedule on the same day.....

Looking forward to making it out next time!

Great job Fluxx!

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
AWESOME TOURNY!!!
Intense matches against Dan through out the entire night; starting with our first double matches, we lost against him and God. and then we saw em again on losers finals and we lost again, his marth is too good.
When i got to winners finals i was like omg DAN, he just beat me twice on doubles.
Bro my hands were sweating so much that my controller isnt red and gold anymore, that **** melt and its kinda black again, But gg man im pretty sure once you come here to tally we will do this again.

@Ruse, the tourney was really good organized and i had lots of fun, we will be coming back for the next one. Thank you for snacks and drinks. :D

@Dr.NastyTime, great lucario man u shouldnt had switched on to the pit mirror match. And remember what i told you at the end of the tourney. "Pit is gay, be gay with him, spam that arrow if you need to, if they cry bout it, spam more!"

@Pensacola Crew, i had lots of fun i had to play allmost half of you during the tourney games unfortunattly i havent played manko yet, and i didnt play HOly yesterday either, I know his metaknight was probably gona give me alot of trouble. I hope all of you guys can make it to the Tallahassee tourny, i know Holly wont be able to, which sux but i hope you guys can. Hope to see you guys next saturday the 13th here in tally.

@DBS, you know i could have never done it if it wasnt because of the intense training we've had and all the fking friendly matches, all those friday or saturdays just drinking ,playing and you telling me to play smart and spam that arrow.. You helped me out a lot man. It sux that you were so fkng tired i saw u SD againsnt manko twice i was like... ... ****. But if it was me and you on finals you were probably would have taken it. Thank you brah.

@Dan, dude you know our matches were intense ****, since the tourny started we had people matching losers finals if it was grand finals. Hope you come down here to tally so we can do this again. GGs

@Fluxxed UP, We won both events!!! wut wut!!, 8 and DBS destroyed doubles and i took singles. ESPER me and you should deff team up we did really good. IF it wasnt for all the practice tourneys and all the friendlies we have together i would have deff lost. Next time all of us gotta show up.

Overall this was a Great tourney I had soo much fun. I'm glad we ended up going, but even better we ended up coming back. To anyone that didnt know our car almost cought on fire, it wouldnt start for like a good 40 minutes and we didnt know wut it was, this random guy at a Sonic helped us out.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
Hey guys thanks for the tourney it was pretty fun. Good **** to all the guys who played melee whether you wanted to or not. Thanks again Ruse for having it. Even tho it wasn't a big turn out for melee we still got to see some good friends of ours and we even met some new ones. Hope to see you guys all soon.

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
JSSN- we defenitly need to practice more on our team, that strat is just too good! congrats on taking 1st place!

DBS- We got alot of practicing we need to do for the 13th, and i need more of your help, lets bring Fluxx'd UP! to the Top! You and Eight were on fire!

Speaking of Fire, Eights car was on fire too, like JSSN, im glad we made it back in one piece.

Dan- you and I need to money match our Zelda's on the 13th, i hope your up for it!

Deadweight

Smash Ace
Ya man great tourney nicee to see tally show up. 8 Pwning D3 i mean ****.. And whoever i played in loosers that sniped me with rob..nice rob..ill get u next time..

That was me :D
Yea that snipe was ridiculous XD

Ruse

Fox
Ruse, youre ROB is awesome, you just got gimped by pirate ship.
I dunno about awesome (maybe mediocre). One thing's for sure, I'm never listening to Manko CPing Pirate Ship again.
JK, Joe :p.

I won't listen to R.O.B. Johns when you're maining Falco haha.

Ruse, lets keep in contact so we don';t schedule on the same day.....
Sure thing. Glad you guys got home without blowing up.

@Ruse, the tourney was really good organized and i had lots of fun, we will be coming back for the next one. Thank you for snacks and drinks. :D

@Pensacola Crew, i had lots of fun i had to play allmost half of you during the tourney games unfortunattly i havent played manko yet, and i didnt play HOly yesterday either, I know his metaknight was probably gona give me alot of trouble. I hope all of you guys can make it to the Tallahassee tourny, i know Holly wont be able to, which sux but i hope you guys can. Hope to see you guys next saturday the 13th here in tally.
Yeah, everything went pretty well, minus tio going ape s***.

I wish we could have gotten some friendlies in so that I could have gotten stomped by your Pit.

Hey guys thanks for the tourney it was pretty fun. Good **** to all the guys who played melee whether you wanted to or not. Thanks again Ruse for having it. Even tho it wasn't a big turn out for melee we still got to see some good friends of ours and we even met some new ones. Hope to see you guys all soon.
Yeah, I'm really sorry about that. Everyone either wanted things to run faster because they had to leave (Holy would have played his IC if not) or didn't have the money to enter.

Good tourney, decent turn-out. We would have broken 20 if the usual locals came, but I dunno where the f*** they were.

See you Tally kids Saturday, and then hopefully at the next PCola Monthly (once again, suggest some dates! 17th sounds good thus far).

HolyChef

Smash Ace
brawl
1. Jssn (Pit) - good **** ******. wish you couldnt gotten a chance at revenge for the last meeting but who cares. u won lol.
2. Dan (Marth) - good **** finally beating a wario.
3. Eight (King Dedede) - swallowcide *****
4. Mankosuki (R.O.B.) - we'll get teams next time. good **** beeating good people yesterday. i thought u wouldve won but d3 counters hard.
5. DrNasty (Lucario/Pit) - good **** reppin panama city. come to the next one. panama city can smash after all
5. MSAS (Zero Suit Samus) - that match against zelda was the best match i watched. sick zamus.
7. Esper (Zelda) - still panhandle best zelda. next to dan. jk. but i wanna see more dittos.
7. HolyChef (Meta Knight) - good **** leaving early. u didnt win. u suck no leaving early johns.
9. God (Meta Knight) - mk dittos are really really ****ing fun. not even lying.
9. ****** (King Dedede) - ..............
9. Deadweight (R.O.B.) - real close matches including the gay one on luigis mansion
9. DBS (Wario) - good **** in teams. bad day i guess.
13. Camus (Marth) - where was the pika?
13. Skaterbaj (Falco) - u need to train hardbody so u can start winning these things. for real. hit me up when i get back from jersey to play.
13. Lime Juice (Kirby) - ..............
13. Ruse (R.O.B.) - bad day too i guess including a bracket ****. we all kno ur good anyway. this is the first time u werent 2nd at a monthly.
17. Ram (Luigi) - if this was melee it would be done.
17. Mike Love (Olimar/Toon Link) - need more olimar. forget that lil boy.

Melee Singles:
1. Ram Split - *****
2. Boomstick - ***** as well
3. Drummer Boi - doesnt like brawl but ***** melee. imma practice hardbody in melee for the next time.
4. Bummerz - finally came out. need to play brawl since we play that
5. Blue - where were u in brawl? like melee better?
5. Mankosuki - jiggz ftw
7. Ruse - jiggz ftw
7. Deadweight - ...........
rice - sleep > money
better see u next time cj.

gay that the others from around the area didnt show, but at least we got a lot of attendance from panama city and tally.

ill see everybody in january after the break. pcola 4 should have a set date. imma try to **** in jersey for pcola. dont kno if i want to goto an inui event in nj or chudat event in va for the 20th, but wherever it is ill show that pcola can brawl.

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
7. Esper (Zelda) - still panhandle best zelda. next to dan. jk. but i wanna see more dittos.
Thanks for the compliment! I dunno how many of the Zelda dittos saw but we had like three or Four and they were fun as hell!

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Have safe trip and Go hard in NJ for pcola, we will hold down fort :p

Dude BUmmerz i never saw you...u entered melee? never saw u

Ruse

Fox
9. DBS (Wario) - good **** in teams. bad day i guess.

13. Camus (Marth) - where was the pika?

13. Skaterbaj (Falco) - u need to train hardbody so u can start winning these things. for real. hit me up when i get back from jersey to play.

13. Ruse (R.O.B.) - bad day too i guess including a bracket ****. we all kno ur good anyway. this is the first time u werent 2nd at a monthly.

17. Mike Love (Olimar/Toon Link) - need more olimar. forget that lil boy.

7. Ruse - jiggz ftw

gay that the others from around the area didnt show, but at least we got a lot of attendance from panama city and tally.

ill see everybody in january after the break. pcola 4 should have a set date. imma try to **** in jersey for pcola. dont kno if i want to goto an inui event in nj or chudat event in va for the 20th, but wherever it is ill show that pcola can brawl.
DBS has a **** a** Wario and Snake. I EDIT: GOT beat them both in friendlies, but I did well against his Falco. He's a great player, and Mike and Camus said that he was funny as s***.

Camus is maining Marth now. He needs to start brown nosing Dan if he wants to get good haha.

Skater would get a lot better if he could spend some more time playing with us. If he got down Falco and DDD he'd have a sick line up. He had to play good players for his only two games, so I feel his pain a bit.

I was having such a bad day, but no Johns. Next time we have a big (big for us) tournament I'll place better, as long as I don't have to face Manko my second match, that was really lame. I put up a good fight on Smashville; we were both at 1 stock 100%+, but he got the last hit, then he owned me at Pictochat. Never should have CPed it.

Yeah, Mike Love should stick with Oli. I think he's going to be alting Pit by the next tourney, though, instead of alting TL.

I mostly went Marth in Melee, but I got some rests off the one time I went Jiggs, which was really rewarding and nostalgic.

Locals not showing really sucked. We would have had 25 entrants, easily.

Show them that PCola's got potential for us. Have fun and be safe, man. See you when you get back.

Also, I've been playing MK all night, and I really like him.

Three/two stocking Mike Love & Camus ftw.

I'm still thinking the 17th for PCola #4. There's no Brawl tourneys scheduled on that weekend yet... but I really don't want to have a Gigs pop up then, so I'd like to wait until they set their dates.

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
i think gigs is allready having a brawl tournament in january "something" i dont think they do two tournaments in the same month, they usually do one mellee and one brawl.

Lompta

Smash Rookie
Eight here. Fun tourney. I think I played as well as I ever have. Dan, you are sickeningly good.
DBS, great job on teams. We both did great on most of the sets, but you really carried us in the last one.
Thanks a lot for hosting, Ruse. I'll definitely be at the next if possible.

Ruse

Fox
Ruse u aint beat wario lol your rob is awesome by the way though

Vidz up

Team GRAND FINALS 1 and 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAoJyK0pIFk

TEAM GRAND FINALS 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85NBetY72M0&feature=channel
That was I typo. I meant to say that I got beat by them both.

Thanks, though.

Also, @ Holy & Manko, we should get back into Melee some. I know you're still pretty boss at it, Joe, so you should totally help out Holy and I. I'd love to be able to use the old Jiggs again at a level where I could have some fun with your old crew instead of getting majorly stomped.

Ruse

Fox
Aight so Drew needs to upload the rest of the videos =/
I really wish that my match versus him hadn't been recorded ):.

My bada** matches never get taped. Actually, I might have done some cool s*** in the ditto versus you; I don't really recall what happened that fight.

I really wish that my first match against Manko had been recorded. We both pulled off some sweet moves during it.

Top Bottom