• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I always forget about those pocket ICs :\ I was hoping for some Pika vs Olimar
He tried that game 1, and Dabuz won pretty solidly.

By the way, I'm still trying to figure out where Neo came from. Just... wow.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
lol oh phoenix you cad.

idk if you and I have actually ever properly introduced btw, so um.....hi pheonix lol, im FZ/Latias *shakes hand*
No, I don't believe we have, we've just been posting in the same thread for awhile. So hello FZ/Latias, I'm Phoenix *also shakes hand*

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I might head out to a tournamant at the 17th.
And there's the Skrillex concert at December 10th.

This is a great month.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
Yo, ESAM beat M2K's :metaknight:, and lost to vinnie's :popo:???

EVEN MATCHUP
no seriously this ^

why the **** do we have this as an even if not slightly in IC's favor MU? that is NOT true, that MU is not even ****ing close to even. our boards needs to get on top of that MU and actually analyze it, since our threads have been rather lacking lately anyways.

Nordal

Smash Lord
Their first set was pretty close IIRC. I ****ing died @ the last stock of game one. I was laughing but felt soooooo bad for ESAM.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Esam got grabbed as the sv platform was moving from right to left by vinnie's sopo who did a falco-esque cg facilitated by sv platform that ended in a fsmash which esam di'd wrong(at least it looked like it) and died.

Vinnie was pretty much at ko % as well. So it was pretty lol.

Nordal

Smash Lord
He did the cg on the platform to buffer turn around Bair. Esam tried to QA back and got f smashed out of his QA and died. It was pretty tragic considering Vinnie was at kill %.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
wow that is pretty humiliating to lose to sopo like that lol. shlda just played it safe and expected the fsmash and di'd up and left :/

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
no seriously this ^

why the **** do we have this as an even if not slightly in IC's favor MU? that is NOT true, that MU is not even ****ing close to even. our boards needs to get on top of that MU and actually analyze it, since our threads have been rather lacking lately anyways.
Don't worry the next matchup chart has nearly every problem with the old one fixed.

Lolfalo

:phone:

Roller

Smash Legend
Also, ESAM won a later game in that set after Vinnie not only dropped a ton of grabs, but tripped during one. So that easily balances out the karma.

Alsoalso, Vinnie 3 stocked him game 4 on CS, low percent iirc, and got ~6 grabs. (dropped 2, esam mashed 1)

Nordal

Smash Lord
How do I get twitch.tv to actually play the recording and not freeze itself on that stupid camera advertisement that won't start up?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
LOL, I had that same problem. There's actually a secret (X) button on the upper right end of the screen. It's like hidden. So dumb. -__-
Thank you so much. I had no idea what was wrong with that dumb advertisement.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Pika/ICs is still even Roller

I got aggressive every time I had the lead and lost the matches because of it.

Nearly every match was last stock (%s don't really matter in that MU) besides the one he 3 stocked me, my ICs vs his Peach (Yo, dat spacing), and the Castle Siege match.

Also, having really close sets with somebody as good/better than you are and losing barely CLEARLY makes it in your favor...right? By that logic Pika/MK is in Pikas favor since I beat Jason. Dumb ****

I'm winning Apex

Roller

Smash Legend
Pika/ICs is still even Roller

I got aggressive every time I had the lead and lost the matches because of it.
...I could explain away any loss like that. "I got too impatient," "I dropped the grab last stock," "I didn't utilize this technique."

Yeah, you may have gone too aggro at times, how am I supposed to take that as proof that Pika does well in that mu? In addition, Vinnie was dropping grabs, giving you ~2 stocks back on avg each game. You could easily point out other ways he could have done better as well. Like belaying too early multiple times, costing him his stocks.

And if you think you are going to win APEX, then that means you think you are at least as good as any other player in the world. (I wont argue against that, you're certainly up in that top category.) So you can't possibly be implying Vinnie is a better player than you. At best he can be even with you.

Yet he beat you. 2 sets in a row. Using ICs. Dropping grabs. SDing at times. Falling for your bait numerous times. He won.

I don't believe you showed us that pika vs ICs was even this weekend. That's all I'm saying.

You are among the best players. And I think that only underscores how indicative Vinnie's victory over you with ICs was this weekend.

Cassio

Smash Master
Roller...it was a 5 game set with the only last hit game being the one he lost with 4 of the 5 games on neutrals. In that set it honestly looked more even than not, but you cant really base a MU on one set.

Roller

Smash Legend
Alright, you got me, the matchup is even. Then Z is quite frankly awful. I didn't feel challenged playing against him, and the only game he won in our last set was on Brinstar..

Also, none of you pikas should mind MMing me at apex then. Even playing field, why not?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
50$ Get the **** at me. Even if the MU is in ICs favor you need to get the **** off of your god damn pedestal you ****ing scrub.

Roller

Smash Legend
What was the consensus? I assume it was that it's in ICs favor...

If so, I don't get the disagreement here. And I'm not basing it off one match, I'm saying this match didn't prove otherwise.

And I'm already MMing you for $10 esam. Like I've said before, even a bad matchup shouldn't be enough to overcome the skillgap between us...

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
The consensus is taht it's an even MU or 45/55 which is as good as even.

EDIT: Idgaf about numbers anymore but Vs. ICs is 4/6 imo.

Nordal

Smash Lord
I think you're pissing people off because you're preaching absolutes instead of saying you believe the matchup is this or that, and you're beating people in a matchup that they probably don't know and in a matchup where one mistake leads to a lost stock.

It's one of the reasons I don't post here often. I do have opinions about all the matchups, and like you I don't have the credible experience to really back my opinions up. I also don't overly post some staled out version of a black troll face and use wins against players that don't know the matchup.

No hate or anything; this time I will for sure get drunk with you and will enjoy it. Just have some ****ing courtesy and respect for people who actually do **** in this game when you post. Cheesus Crust.

Top Bottom