• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PhantomX and Bassem Matchup Showcase Thread $Bassem vs dojo up$ + *PX Doubles Vids*

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
My set against Dphat's Marth is now up, and the 3 Gnes rounds where I lost will be up soon. They're not very high in quality, but at least you can see what's happening in them XD

Vltava

Smash Rookie
Beautiful Waft tech by Malcolm on the first match, and an amazing set in general. Congratulations keeping your act together third match; I'd be pulling hairs out by then. :Q

sluys

Smash Journeyman
thanks for the videos PX.

I'm wondering how you were able to get those low grab releases on the edge vs Tyrant's D3.

I'm used to breaking out and getting up smashed but you were breaking lower and escaping (some of the time).

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It depends on whether or not he's pummeling. If he's pummeling and you break you'll drop low. Usually they do this to avoid your landing on the platform and attempt to gimp you.

I need to start getting more videos, I've slacked off in the recording department.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Alright, I'll be going to Hawaii in like a week, so I'll get tons of friendlies and mm and trny videos when I'm over there. They have a lot of great players of underused characters like Zelda, Bowser, Sheik, etc, so I should get some good stuff.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Well, my highlight video is finally made, and I put it to epic music, b/c I love epic music... enjoy, or don't enjoy, it's up to you :p

pup42512n

Smash Rookie
Well Phantom, I'll make my first and likely only post here to say that your combo vid was probably the most useful out of all the ones I've watched from the high-ranking Warios here, with the greatest number of useable comboes and follow-ups. I applaud you.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
PX let's record some matches next time we play. We'll test out our Wario ditto ideas, and we can also have taunt fests and super armor Fsmash fests.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Alright, the Hawaii vids are starting to go up. I did a lot of sexy stuff this tournament, I was playing particularly well (plus they didn't see some of the things coming, which helped, of course XD)

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
WTF @ the double footstool gimp vs WAR. You footstooled him out of his c4 recovery. tech skill ftw

SuSa

Banned via Administration
WTF @ the double footstool gimp vs WAR. You footstooled him out of his c4 recovery. tech skill ftw
That's...not....hard.... FYI

Hardest tech skill in Brawl is Sheik's DACUS, or a complicated string of well timed moves with Snake.

EG:
Jon Tech, replace C4 reversal with a non-fastfall C4 reversal, replace bair with up-B.
B-reverse a grenade out of the up-B on Battlefield, and Grenade leave (new tech) the grenade on a platform, then bair (while leaving the grenade where it was)

^that takes tech skill

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
lol go over his head and press up B.

But what was impressive about that was, that he had a fart and could've used it on his cypher, but saved it to footstool.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It's not tech skill, it's just smarts applied to a given situation. I have very very little tech skill. I can barely consistently glide toss, and still mess up reverse bites from time to time.

I'm getting better with tech skill though b/c of playing Duelist Pro :D

EDIT: Got a set against ROB up now.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Hawaii's terrible
This must indeed be true considering PhantomX won there :D
I love you guys too? :\

I'm not going to justify or defend anything b/c I know unwarranted elitism and douchiness is your new thing, Jake.

I guess you're right though, CO, everyone that's ever lost to me is terrible... teach me how to be good :( Is it b/c I'm not black or have dreads? T_T

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
he got grabbed a lot but nice waft at the end

it's because you don't like basketball
Dang, son! I like basketball! I'm just bad at it b/c I'm a small European kid that can't jump D: There's another sport that I don't like but you Floridians are wily and you'd find a way to hold that against me :(

EDIT: You know what's awesome about that video, DMG? Brown Paper Sack's real name is Kit, and his last name starts with Ca, so that's actually a Wario ditto.

hunger!

Smash Champion
I love you guys too? :\

I'm not going to justify or defend anything b/c I know unwarranted elitism and douchiness is your new thing, Jake.

edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldl2EIp6bX8

Best video of PX BY FAR. If this does not get added, then nothing belongs in here.
lol i do love you px =P and actually hawaii looked very solid. and i still envy you for being able to go on that vacation for so cheap...then win a tourney...so it's basically a free vacation :laugh: and where does that elitism come from...

DMG....AMAZING. PX ADD THAT

MrEh

Smash Hero
Now that I think about it, I don't think we recorded any Bowser vs Wario. lol

Or did we? I forget. :/

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Actually PX is scared of the sport known as the Discus Throw.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wait...

WAIT...

That is a scary fish.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Wait...

WAIT...

That is a scary fish.
I'm not kidding. The ****** Fish is scary.

Also...Douchebag Hyena. It only exists in Hawaii, and Phantom X got to meet one. We should have recorded sets between him and the Hyena. That thing was pro. lol

Top Bottom