• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phase 2 - Oct. 17 Dallas, TX - Gnes/Dojo/Razer/PX/KS/OK/LA/RGV/Girls! Hype! Woo! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Never been to one either. I think Billy and Fogo both went. I know a few others around Dallas have gone too. I don't remember what they said about it.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
What time is this thing expected to end?

I just got this email:
dammit i wanted to win that w/o nobody konwing it!

Anyways, billy is right for the most part. However, if you are reputable (ie me and kos-mos) they will seed the bracket any way you want to.

For example Billy mentioned it was single elim. So i usually ask to be seeded away from kos-mos until the finals. AKA, put me on the other side of the bracket :laugh:

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
The MGC's for Brawl are horrible. Single elim bracket with all laggy hdtv's and no seeding because they don't care...horrible.
This.

I think it's funny that MGC sends out an email 3-4 days before their tourney. Too late now, all the good smashers have plans =)

Imo, MGC isn't worth it. Unless you're also really good at one of the other games they mentioned.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What are the prizes? I have no problem picking Snake on a Laggy TV and pretending it's Wifi lol.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
150 + shirt --1st
50 + shirt --2nd

Since nobody seems to think its worth it, perhaps when i get knocked out ill see nobody there :)

PS
free entry.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
MGC sounds interesting, but my parents would find it odd if I come back for the weekend only to not be around.

In any case, if it's all in one McDonalds, I figure the tournament process will take a long time? Especially given the amount of other games they are doing?

Edit: Is there gonna be Low Tier or not? If I'm only gonna show up for a lil bit, might as well during the time low tier is going on.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Where is this MGC taking place though?

How far from the venue?

So far:

5$ vs - Bear, P4, Shuz, Po Pimpus, Fogo

2$ vs - Chic

1$ vs - Gnes, Magitek Knight, Typex

Anybody else want to MM?

Dojo I want to MM your Falcon with my Mario. :)

Also UTD Zac my Snake your whatever

Magitek_Knight

Smash Apprentice
MGC is TRASH

i went to it in Lubbock last year. Run terribly. Billy basically touched on all of it though, Not worth the time unless you have nothing else to do

Vorguen

Smash Champion
It's seriously a McDonalds tournament? lol

Like how do I know where they host them. I'm asking because I want to know how I can find out if they throw any near my hometown, just for the lulz.

Also Bored I'll let you rematch me if you want. I didn't want to play you again right after just facing you in tourney last time. We can have a MM this time if you want. :)

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It's seriously a McDonalds tournament? lol

Like how do I know where they host them. I'm asking because I want to know how I can find out if they throw any near my hometown, just for the lulz.

Also Bored I'll let you rematch me if you want. I didn't want to play you again right after just facing you in tourney last time. We can have a MM this time if you want. :)
Sure. 2 dollars?

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Oklahoma's going to try and bring like 5-6 TVs. Hope there's wii's?

Also, Bassem is confirmed so Bassem + Chris are teaming.

[edit]

Kos-Mos has history with MGC. Dude won Three Thousand Dollars from MGC.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I just found out that I am coming to this, but Jinx won't be able to make it so I need a partner for teams. I'm using my Metaknight for teams, if anyone is interested shoot me a txt at 817 210 7311. I can't really check the forums very often right now, so the best way to reach me is to txt me.

Can't wait to see everyone xD

Vorguen

Smash Champion
5$ vs - Bear, P4, Shuz, Po Pimpus, Fogo

2$ vs - Chic, Zac's MK, Zac's G&W, Bored

1$ vs - Gnes, Magitek Knight, Typex

Still accepting. I have these written down on a slip of paper so don't think you're escaping ;)

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Yes. Anfinity is the child of the two aforementioned.

Those who challenged me at NO KOAST can play me at Phase 2, so that we can get the challenges taken care of.

Challenges at Phase 2
Bored: 2
Razor: 2
Bear: 2
Fogo: 2
DPhat: 2
Chuky: 2
Ruddy: 1
Total: $13

Let me know if any of you changed your mind.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
For all of those asking to MM people, add me to your list:

* I'll MM anyone with my G&W for $2.
* I'll MM anyone in Duelist for $1 or $5.
* I'll selectively MM people with my MK for $2. Don't ask me here, ask me at the tourney. I mostly just want matchup experience.
* I'll MM anyone in teams for $2. You make your team, then I'll pick a reasonable teammate.
* I'll Random Character MM anyone on Yoshi Pipes for $1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom