• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl 2! April 17th, Port Coquitlam, BC. WE NEED MORE SET-UPS!

Karupin

Smash Journeyman
MM
MM
MM
MM

MM
M
M
M
M
M
MM
M
M
M
MM
M
M
M
M
M
M
M
M
M
M
M
M
MMM
M
M
M
M
M

M
M
M
MM
MMMM
MM
M
M
M
MMM
M
M
M
MM
M
M
M
M
M
M
MMMM
M
MM
M
M
M

M
M
M
M
M

MOney match?:bee:
Triangle..
Triangle..
Triangle..
Triangle..

Triangle..
Triangle..
Triangle..
Triangle..
Triangle..
Triangle..
Triangle..
Triangle..
Triangle..
Triangle..
Triangle..
Triangle..
Triangle..
Triangle..
Triangle..
Triangle..
Triangle..
Triangle..
Triangle..
Triangle..
Triangle..
Triangle..
Triangle..
Triangle..
Triangle..
Triangle..
Triangle..

Triangle..
Triangle..
Triangle..
Triangle..
Triangle..
Triangle..
Triangle..
Triangle..
Triangle..
Triangle..
Triangle..
Triangle..

Triangle..
Triangle..

Triangle..

Asa

Smash Hero
the link to my channel should be in the OP though cuz that's where a lot of the vids will be

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
So what's the news with housing... are we going to Jordan's again? Or are we going to someone else's?

Due to the cost of the trip to Vancouver, some of us aren't going to be able to come (well... $13.50 each way for the ferry, $5 each way for the bus, $11 each way for the train... if we take it again... meaning we end up with a $40 trip for transportation only). If some people are able to help lower the cost of transportation, that may allow for more people to show up.

Sorry for asking, but some people can't afford it, since, well... after food, transportation, entry fees/venue fees, it can rise to about $70 or higher... so... yeah, some people aren't able to come because of it.

I've had a few people already tell me they aren't coming because it's too expensive (won't say who unless they're fine with me saying so... which at that point they might as well post about it lol).

So... anyone able to help us out a bit?

Asa

Smash Hero
sure we can help you guys out

don't think you can stay at jordan's

you guys would have to be split up between

kevin
breez
firefly
corbin (possibly idk)
bundtcake (robson lounge????)
asa (can house 2-4 ppl)

ewic

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2363-5634-0009
I'm surprised nobody has brought up the new MLG rules and in particular the new stages?

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=62062

For those too lazy to follow the URL, here are the stages being implemented by MLG:

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counterpicks:

Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

I'd personally like these stages to be in, but I doubt most people would want this.

Anyway, I would MM anyone in MK DS... Nobody can beat my Dry Bones + Dry Bomber combo! Except that I'm one of those people that won't be coming to this Phoenix because the last one set me back $120. You mainlanders have it easy. Also it sucks that I have to use Snake just to contest with MKs... Otherwise I'd go Samus-only.

Regardless, have a good tourney folks. I'll be showing up again sometime, but definitely not in Phoenix 2.

P.S. $10 doubles is stupid, and keep singles a six-way split.

Karupin

Smash Journeyman
my friend said he would be up for coming (he hasn't been to a mainland tourney yet)
as far as i know there are only 4 islanders (me, rob, kyle, my friend) showing up for this.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
my friend said he would be up for coming (he hasn't been to a mainland tourney yet)
as far as i know there are only 4 islanders (me, rob, kyle, my friend) showing up for this.
Who's your friend? Do I know him? Does anyone on the island know him?

Crew Battle?

Deap Vs Islanders

Me 20 Stocks
Wow wait a minute, that's not fair at all. We would just destroy you. At least make it so you have a chance... ;)

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
Who's your friend? Do I know him? Does anyone on the island know him?

Wow wait a minute, that's not fair at all. We would just destroy you. At least make it so you have a chance... ;)
i think i can win

for example

you 5 stocks

another guy 5 stocks

somethink like that

4 guys=20 stocks

for me i play all the 20 stocks:)

MM???

Deap vs Islanders

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I'm surprised nobody has brought up the new MLG rules and in particular the new stages?

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=62062

For those too lazy to follow the URL, here are the stages being implemented by MLG:

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counterpicks:

Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

I'd personally like these stages to be in, but I doubt most people would want this.
BC is very conservative when it comes to stage lists, and this list is already very controversial. It simply would not be accepted here; not to mention, I don't really want to screw with the rules LFL laid out for the first Phoenix too much.

Regarding housing, Asa's list of potential hosts looks good. I'm going to have to speak with a few of those people to confirm some things, but we'll be able to take care of everybody.

Also, I need a poster for this event. The venue wanted one for the last event, but unfortunately, that didn't happen. I know a couple people have said they could make one, so I know you're out there; could you help me out? I'll make it worth your while (i.e. waived venue fee at this or a future Phoenix event)

Edit: A ZSS main? Awesome. ^.^

:005:

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
There is a chance I may not be able to come. I may be working that weekend (new job, don't want to look bad and not show up for a weekend...). So that said, it is possible I may not show up.

I'll have to save my "10 chars before GaW" for the next brawl tourney if I can't show up to this one.

Karupin

Smash Journeyman
i think i can win

for example

you 5 stocks

another guy 5 stocks

somethink like that

4 guys=20 stocks

for me i play all the 20 stocks:)

MM???

Deap vs Islanders
Triangle.

p.s. Triangle.
:o
you fiend...

There is a chance I may not be able to come. I may be working that weekend (new job, don't want to look bad and not show up for a weekend...). So that said, it is possible I may not show up.

I'll have to save my "10 chars before GaW" for the next brawl tourney if I can't show up to this one.
D:
whos gonna lead us to the girl who leads us to the wrong station?
what if the carrot guy shows up D:
what of the Blue Hadoukens D:
XDDDDDDDDDDD

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
80% confirmed coming. I'm pretty sure that I am able to take these days off. But... I may leavea on the 6pm ferry or something... so I may need someone to give me a ride to housing depending on if it is accessible to busses at that late at night...

Karupin

Smash Journeyman
for confirmation:
there are 4 people from van isle coming (that i know about )
will anyone be able to house us?

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
for confirmation:
there are 4 people from van isle coming (that i know about )
will anyone be able to house us?
if they are girls they are welcome in my room

jk

i can't because i live with a homestay family:ohwell:

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Kyle might qualify as a girl... ;)

But yeah... we need to figure out the housing issue since transportation may rely on that. I work until 4pm... meaning I'll likely take the 5pm ferry... meaning I may end up going separately from the Victoria crew unless they wait... and depending on who stays where, it may be a factor on them waiting or going without me.

Edit: 99% confirmed to come (I asked for the time off... and it looks like I'll get it... so unless something happens, I'm going.

Clouderz

Smash Ace
im

coming
i just felt like re-posting this so i could crush all your hopes of ever getting 1st, ever
:)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Don't get ahead of yourself. Silly little boy. :embarrass

I asked Corbin if he could have you guys stay over; he said he'll tell me tomorrow whether or not its okay with his parents. If that doesn't work out, I'll ask some Abbotsford people. If nothing else is available, we should be able to find a way to split 4 people up between myself/Bryan/other miscellaneous people.

Also, my title hasn't been changed back from the April Fool's "joke". So, now I'm a moderator. lol?

Edit: Never mind, it's been fixed. Dammit. D=

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Haha lol Clouderz barely scrapes by Bundtcake last tourney, and thinks he's already going to win this tourney.

Hey Clouderz... $10 money match? In melee

Edit: Are you the new 64 mod? (inside joke to all smashers who know about the 64 forums... which I'm guessing is no one).

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Haha lol Clouderz barely scrapes by Bundtcake last tourney, and thinks he's already going to win this tourney.

Edit: Are you the new 64 mod? (inside joke to all smashers who know about the 64 forums... which I'm guessing is no one).
lol why not money match me instead in melee? ;)

Karupin

Smash Journeyman

I get it...

me and clouderz for team

anyone doubles MM??
Triangle..

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I asked Corbin if he could have you guys stay over; he said he'll tell me tomorrow whether or not its okay with his parents. If that doesn't work out, I'll ask some Abbotsford people. If nothing else is available, we should be able to find a way to split 4 people up between myself/Bryan/other miscellaneous people.

I tried to message Corbin yesterday, but I didn't get a response. v.v I'll try and get a hold of it today, but it would also help if he'd just post here...?

Grimice

Smash Apprentice
if its at the same venue... LFL mentianed there a hotel right by the venue... maybe see how much it is robert, and if 4 of us are going... ill consider driving, and we can just split the hotel room 4 ways...... i know ur trying to do this as cheap as possible tho but thats an idea if houseing is a huge issue.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Housing is available. Jake (I think) said so. Just who's available to house is the question.

And yeah... two nights at a hotel is way too expensive for a one day tourney.
I'm still working on it. Corbin's house is a no-go, so now I'm trying to get Abbotsford to help out. I'll keep you updated.

Guys me and IHT wont be able to make it to this one sadly, If their is a next one we will 100% make it to that one
D=

I will be there
Great! I'll add you to the confirmed list. =]

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
DOUBLE POST BECAUSE I CAN DAMMIT

Okay, based on the (minimal) feedback regarding the issues I laid out in the OP...I've confirmed a few things about rulesets and such.

- Jungle Japes and Pictochat will be legal counterpicks

- There will be no rule specifically against scrooging; a 50 ledge-grab limit will be in place

- Doubles will cost $5 per person

- Singles payout will be 45/20/15/10/5/5

- Cookies.

All of these are the result of a majority vote, despite the low number of votes. v.v The questionable stages and lack of anti-scrooging rule essentially reflect an "innocent until proven guilty" attitude; if those stages or scrooging become a problem here (which I kind of doubt, but that's just me), they can always be banned at future events. The ledge-grab limit discourages scrooging anyway. The fees/payouts will be more inviting to newer players IMO. Also, Cookies.

Also, please note that the venue closes at 9:00pm, not 10:00pm. In regards to the schedule, I will not be lenient when it comes to start times, especially for doubles; I want to get the ball rolling ASAP, and that does NOT mean waiting half an hour for team X to arrive. I want to make sure everything gets finished on time, so we can hopefully have the n64 side event. 10:00am-11:00am is the perfect opportunity to warm up, so get here early! Also, those of you who are bringing set-ups should show up right as the venue opens so we're not waiting on people to bring their Wiis.

Top Bottom