• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl 2 Results (Videos added!)

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
Good on ya man i hope you come out and play with us again. And ya dont worry my first tourney i placed dead last... this is back when i used to main Toon link, but the more tourneys you go seriously the better you get and you get better fast!!! just take what you learned from the tourney and try and create something positive from it. even placing 4th i learned a lot, i learned i need to play smarter VS MK's... i still need to make my Chain grabs flawless, by realizing i have great IC'ers and i shouldnt be so nervous... when i played breez even tho i won... MY LEGS where shaking it was so intense so i gotta learn to calm myself down and just do my thing. i also gotta perfect the heavy Chain grabs, so im going to be working on that hard. I also learned that i share the same curse as cheese and lain... and thats that yoshi is PURE EVIL... so im thinking about maybe i cant go 100% IC'ers if i wanna see myself in grandfinals and stuff, otherwise ima end up like lain and cheese and make top 5 but never win a tourney.... well except cheese he secondaries tornado... seriously he only uses tornado in match's pretty much i can get videos to prove it.... anyways even people like me, bundtcake, jake, breez, we all learn from every tourney, so just apply what u learned to your game and im sure ull be giving us all a run for our money next time =D

our MM was intense :bee:

i NEVER practice for tournaments cos i dont have a wii here(i only play in tournament and sometimes with eric and vincent)

my mk is only mindgames and so faster;)

i like ur IC ! this was my first time with a good IC player:bee:

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Lol finally a 64 event here. There should be more :)

Lol 64 friendlies at UBC were too good (the "1.5 vs 1" challenges were way too funny... especially the Falcon/Puff team one :p). Also, I don't know how I won that 3v1 game as Fox... you guys had a 6 stocks to 1 lead on me :p

Either way, I learned I need to play more 64... since I'm really rusty (I was at least 100 times better 5 months ago lol). After that, we may need to do 3v1 mm's :p

Grimice

Smash Apprentice
eh when ur doing MM's as IC'ers and u know dropping 1 grab could cost you a match its pretty ****ing nerve racking.. especially vs that ***** MK who can gimp the **** out of me...not everyone plays the character thats broken and has 5 jumps and can recover..... unlike IC'ers ;D

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
may 1st is our next monthly, expected to be a bigger attendance than usual. Other than that, we don't have any tournaments in line atm.

Grimice

Smash Apprentice
may 1st eh???? i'll debate it.. somethings telling me you Albertans needs some IC'ers to come steal your soul and deap.... that is entirely your opinion but i believe most will disagree with you

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
You got a Soul Calibur 2 beta invite? Isn't that game out already? Kyle, you're way behind the times...

And in my opinion, Meta Knight is the gayest character in the game, IC's aren't anywhere near the level of gayness of Meta Knight. In fact, I actually enjoy the IC matchup (I'll play Kyle's IC's any day).

Asa

Smash Hero
IC's are only gay when they get a grab

and ya kyle they're at soul calibur 4 now

Karupin

Smash Journeyman
not everyone plays the character thats broken and has 5 jumps and can recover..... unlike IC'ers ;D
your just mad cuz the dreamland characters are stylin on you

Yeah, Kirby is pretty broken :/
inorite

So I guess that means Trevor mains broken and uses broken as a secondary?

inb4triangle
:005:
your must mad cuz dreamland characters are stylin on you ;)
almost, not quite yet.

our MM was intense :bee:
Triangle.

breez

Smash Ace
i didn't play good in bracket and pools is like just for fun

i care more about MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

and im top ten in mexico(the best in my state)

just ask ben:bee: i played good with him and i **** him :p

see ya next tourny jake i will MM this time:bee:
No johns, but i'm pretty sure i've beaten you in the massive majority of our MMs ;) Again no johns, but I played like **** that day :p

Fun tourny - I may swap over to falco main (without gay-*** lasers).

Deap our MMs are always super fun and close regardless, i'm excited to try and take my money back next tourny :D

edit: Watched a few vids - I didn't get to play you Corbin, but man your snake looks like it's improved so much! Your snake looks **** legit now.

ASA, wtf? You don't play against corbins snake like you do against mine :(

smash mash

Smash Apprentice
haha falco no lasers?? i swear if you do that you will have my total respect....even if you do get powned...no johns...

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
ben i think my mk is better !!:)

are u going to the BBQ/smash fest at corbin place???

i mm you there

10$ ;)

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
things that factor into a PR position:

Major factors (in order):
-tourney placements
-generic how well you do in general (friendlies, money matches)
-character(s) used

You were both tied on just that, so we had to decide who got the higher spot based on minor factors. Breez won hands down simply based on these two minor factors:

-amount of money you're willing to give to the panelists
-"special favours" you did for the panelists

Sorry deap, you'll have to do better next time ;)

bundtcake

Smash Ace
****, well, uh, there's more people than just Ben y'know. Want me to PM you the list of which ones are giving out the cash and which ones are giving out "special favours"?

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I'm lucky. I get the islanders all to myself, then I come to the mainland mid-may to get all the mainlanders :p

Edit: as far as the Breez vs Deap pr battle goes, Breez has an insanely unfair advantage being a panelist himself, meaning not only does he do these deeds, he receives them as well ;)

bundtcake

Smash Ace
Well I think the problem is more that Deap has to pay the OoC rate to get on the PR

DEAP DO MORE MMS you've been coming up short on your payments lately

Top Bottom