• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl 5

Grimice

Smash Apprentice
Telepathically of course!!! nah, get on msn more often you scrub, but if you want contact me via FB. Also a vic tourney if vancouver can garuntee atleast 4-5 people to come, then ill most likely attend. Thats if im not in camp.

Captain L

Smash Champion
Well, I lost round one to Sake, but a video will be uploaded soon of game three.
One thing that I did in game one that pretty much completes my life is platform cancel to upsmash. Bryan you would've liked it.

SKidd

Smash Master
Good job Landon. Who are you facing the loser of now?
And, who did Sake use? You got this, man.

Also, Santa hatted Johnny Cash.

SKidd

Smash Master
A mix up? With who? A dispute between B1zkit and P3lca?

m i doin it rite

And Landon, just play it smart. Don't let youself get caught in any of their traps.
Also use a light ball.

Captain L

Smash Champion
what's with all these 4's 1's and 3's in peoples names?

C4pt1n L

I think I beat T34rb34r once, but it may have involved shenanigans that are difficult to replicate.

Asa

Smash Hero
Lovedd the descriptions of the rivalries

And looool pot monsters

SKidd

Smash Master
Starters:
Final Destination
Smashville
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise
Castle Seige

Castle Seige is still a starter? <_<

SKidd

Smash Master
Castle Siege sucks, there are way more neutral stages in this game.

And the only reason we do have it is to beat Clouderz.

Captain L

Smash Champion
name one stage more neutral than castle siege that isn't on the starter list already.

bundtcake

Smash Ace
bahahaha, halberd and delfino, really?

halberd = ceiling KO central, plus sharkable main platform
delfino = worse walkoffs than castle siege, water for characters with spikes, and also sharkable main platform

I don't really like castle siege as a starter either but it is the most neutral besides the other 6 on the starter list.

SKidd

Smash Master
I still think Castle Siege is inferior to halberd and delfino.

And, does anyone actually cp ps2

Captain L

Smash Champion
Pshhhhhhhhhhhhh who would EVER counterpick PS2 it's such a bad stage nobody likes it. It's like the least neutral and also the least hard core counterpickish at the same time such a garbage stage I despise it.

SKidd

Smash Master
Yeah, but you main Sonic.

Oh, I see, you're just being contradictory to the guy who owned your Wii.

Interesting strategy.

Captain L

Smash Champion
Actually I'd rather just counterpick brawl minus.

Bryan where did you hear that huge load of crap? PS2 is awful, there's no good reason for me to choose it. It's so dumb with all of that ice and wind and electricity and dirt. The air transformation is basically just FD with less gravity, talk about unoriginal. Ice just magnifies tripping I think, and who wants that? Ground has a wall where I can get wall infinited by Robert, and electricity is basically impossible to fight on.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
On the electricity stadium I can cancel my Up Smash into a back air for combos. lmao

Ground is awesome because of my iSDR capabilities. Ice... I can do without. And if I got the lead in percent/stocks, time-out by springing on the flying type.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
bahahaha, halberd and delfino, really?

halberd = ceiling KO central, plus sharkable main platform
delfino = worse walkoffs than castle siege, water for characters with spikes, and also sharkable main platform

I don't really like castle siege as a starter either but it is the most neutral besides the other 6 on the starter list.
Halberd's ceiling isn't that low, and the sides are wider than most stages. I agree that CS > Delfino though.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I know I am a bit late to this, but PS2 Ice transformation is awesome. It turns Wolf's DACUS into a near full stage punish.

Also Flying transformation kicks *** as well due to Wolf now being able to take full advantage of his awesome air speed.

EDIT: I also don't die because of the awkward ledge design that much on PS2, especially when compared to PS1.

Also PS1's transformations suck.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I love PS2. The edges are better than PS1, the transformations aren't as... "campy" as PS1 (e.g. Rock and Fire transformations) and don't have a ridiculously stupid obstacle (e.g. Water transformation). The Flying transformation creates an interesting new feature to the game, the Ice transformation creates so many more mindgames and gives many more options. The Electric one kinda sucks... and is very stupid at times (mainly due to it constantly pushing you off the stage). The Ground transformation may slightly cause the camping effect of the others, but it's not as bad.

I love it :p

Top Bottom