• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Wright series (Ace Attorney Trilogy now on 3DS)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Some people are saying that we might get this game translated and released in October/November. Let's hope they are right.

Oh and Oldbag better not appear in AAI2. I'm sick of seeing her.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
But at this point she's basically a staple of the series, like Gumshoe. It's very likely she'll at least make a cameo (since it's a game about Edgeworth, after all). You don't want to see her, but she'll be there when you least expect it. She's like Inspector Yamamura from Detective Conan.

:069:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Man, I barely remember the stories by case. Usually I have to know about which characters are involved and a good refresher. Thank goodness for PW wiki.

Edit: Side note, doesn't Sissel remind you of Johnny Bravo? What with the shades and hair LOL.

Second Edit: Just cause.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Cabanela's dance=win.
"Carry on, booooooooooooys."
Agreed, I always smiled when I saw him in Ghost Trick. Also laughed at the end
where the detective in blue (who reminds me of Phoenix Wright) dances down the stairs in the junkyard in front of the other detective in green. :bee:

You own so hard, Bored. Good recently-made memories are beginning to unfold in my mind.
Me too, Ghost Trick has given me a lot of fond memories.

Oldbag better appear in the game.
You like her?!?!? :glare:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
She definitely got annoying...I understand what they were going for, but when she popped up in AA...man. I don't even like The Butz as well...that guy...smh.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I just read the first comment on the Gumshoe link.

Gumshoe would totally be an awesome friend to have in real life.

Why can't my friends be like friends in video games? :/

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I just read the first comment on the Gumshoe link.

Gumshoe would totally be an awesome friend to have in real life.

Why can't my friends be like friends in video games? :/
I don't know about your friends, but I think anyone would want a friend that isn't afraid to express themselves. Thankfully, I have friends that aren't afraid to do so.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I don't know about your friends, but I think anyone would want a friend that isn't afraid to express themselves. Thankfully, I have friends that aren't afraid to do so.
But that could go bad though >.>

"Does this dress make me look fat?"
"....SURE IS PAL"

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I never said anything about being honest all the time.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
True, but Gumshoe would totally pull that off.

Edit: What's the title of the song called when Edge goes into logic thought mode?

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ I just got Ace Attorney Investigations 2, I didn't get the chance to play it yet because of exams. T_T ♥

♣ I really want to hear the Objection theme. ): ♥

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'll either wait for a patch or just the english version to come out. Seriously, how hard can it be to translate text >.>?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I just hope there ain't no bull **** situations. Honestly, that last chapter in AA was just filled with holes, and the whole "diplomatic immunity" thing was pushed way too far.

Also, I do hope they don't refer Phoenix as "that guy". That's kinda lame...I don't know why they kept doing that.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'll either wait for a patch or just the english version to come out. Seriously, how hard can it be to translate text >.>?
Well, there really is a lot of text. Plus they need to localize it by making new names and jokes too.
I just hope there ain't no bull **** situations. Honestly, that last chapter in AA was just filled with holes, and the whole "diplomatic immunity" thing was pushed way too far.

Also, I do hope they don't refer Phoenix as "that guy". That's kinda lame...I don't know why they kept doing that.
Agreed on the last case. The game was great but that last case just wasn't that interesting.

I don't mind the whole "that guy" thing. It's a simple tease for fans and Edgeworth doesn't seem like the type of guy that would like to refer to Phoenix by name whenever he can help it.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It just wasn't Edgeworth, Butz or anyone else didn't refer to his actual name either. I don't understand the philosophy behind that, so -shrugs-.

And wouldn't a patch just be a direct translation? No need to change the jokes even if we don't get it?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
It just wasn't Edgeworth, Butz or anyone else didn't refer to his actual name either. I don't understand the philosophy behind that, so -shrugs-.
Oh right, I forgot about that. That is a bit strange. For Edgeworth, I understand. For Larry, that is odd. Oh well.
And wouldn't a patch just be a direct translation? No need to change the jokes even if we don't get it?
Oops, didn't know that you were talking about a patch.
From my experience, a lot of patches seem to take awhile. They're usually because of formatting the text and making sure everything's all translated without any glitches.

I actually think it's because most fan translators aren't even entirely fluent in Japanese which makes patches take so long.
Plus they don't make translating a high priority in their life.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well, this is why I don't pay attention to video game news. I get hyped up, and then try to find the earliest way to get it. I'm better off being kept in the dark =/.

If I hadn't visited this thread, I would probably not have found out about AA2 until it came out here in NA.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
That, and the Japanese have a different sense of humour than us.

I will let everyone here know if a translation is in the works.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Before the third game was released, I played a fan translation, and it was surprisingly much funnier than the official English release.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Oh man, I seriously regret looking at those spoilers. NO ONE LOOK AT THEM.

But seriously, Frank Sahwit and MANFRED VON KARMA!? I mean, Shi-Long Lang is understandable and Regina Berry is cool, but I seriously did not expect the other two.

:069:

Top Bottom