• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Wright series (Ace Attorney Trilogy now on 3DS)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Didn't we give Gummy a steak dinner in case 5 of AA1?

Or was that Marshall? Both?
Not sure which case that was but yeah, I remember something like that.

Public service announcement to all Phoenix fans:

Play "Ghost Trick". Just trust me on this, mmmkay. ;)
I beat it a while ago, lol. :p

True dat, Ghost Trick is awesome.

Not without flaws, but still amazing.
Think they'll (Capcom) make a sequel? I know it's $10 on iOS.

I believe Gamespot nominated Ghost Trick for GOTY (lol @ Gamespot.) With that being said, very underrated game.
^
This.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I'm actually replaying Ghost Trick lulz
I'm at the part where
the minister guy has a heart attack and you have to give him his pill bottle

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So, I've been replaying the first PW game and realized how flawed Turnabout Sisters is in terms of simply deeming a person a criminal for just being there. Given it switches from Maya to Phoenix as being the criminal, until the revelations come out lmao.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Everyone probably knows this, but because I sometimes don't pay attention to this thread, I had to snicker a bit when Gumshoe offers to give you a K9 dog by the name of Missile.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Maybe they decided to not localize it out of no where......

Like that will happen :awesome:
Yeah, Capcom is too busy making another 10 versions of SSFIV. :smirk:

Everyone probably knows this, but because I sometimes don't pay attention to this thread, I had to snicker a bit when Gumshoe offers to give you a K9 dog by the name of Missile.
Yup.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Try taking that dog to
Larry's Hot Dog stand
. It's a ton of laughs. :)

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, there's a lot of subtle things I don't remember when I played the series all those years ago. Glad I'm having a good time so far, though it kinda sucks when I know what evidence or statement to press due to memory xD.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
it really tried to appeal to people who played the game with holographic evidence presentation and the like, and the game is comparatively huge in japan

but if critics here treat it as a video game adaptation (as opposed to a vn adaptation, which is what it is) then it might just fly as 'a shining example of well-done adaptation'

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
If it was localized, would it be in the retro "words don't match lips" style, or would it have subs?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Me want to hear game music orchestrated :X

We've only gotten this.
[yt]c9-TS2rhy2s[/yt]

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, there's a lot of subtle things I don't remember when I played the series all those years ago. Glad I'm having a good time so far, though it kinda sucks when I know what evidence or statement to press due to memory xD.
At least you won't get stumped at many parts.

Good to hear! (And for a moment there, I was like "WTF did Kotaku change their layout again???" then realized you linked us to the aussie version. :glare:)

/me faints in ecstasy

even more orchestral stuff...this is amazing
^
This.

It's set for an American release right? I wonder how critics here will take it. Culture clash?
Yes, the movie has been confirmed for an international release.

it really tried to appeal to people who played the game with holographic evidence presentation and the like, and the game is comparatively huge in japan

but if critics here treat it as a video game adaptation (as opposed to a vn adaptation, which is what it is) then it might just fly as 'a shining example of well-done adaptation'
But I liked the Resident Evil movies...:c

If it was localized, would it be in the retro "words don't match lips" style, or would it have subs?
Subs.

Me want to hear game music orchestrated :X

We've only gotten this.
I just cam- arrived. :smirk:

EDIT: Phoenix Wright movie to premiere at AM2 convention this June, no objections

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/15/phoenix-wright-movie-to-premiere-at-am2-convention-this-june-no/

Ace Attorney, feature-length film, is hitting North American shores this June at the AM2 (anime, manga and music) convention in Anaheim, California.

AM2 will hold two exclusive screenings at the Anaheim Convention Center, one for passport holders only and one with pass holders preferred and general audience as seating permits. The AM2 convention runs from June 15-17.

While this isn't exactly a widespread theatrical release for Ace Attorney, it does open the doors for US screenings.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
[yt]DYt9dl1jaJs[/yt]
Ladies and gentleattornies, we shall see this together.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Haha, in the second case of JFA, Maya makes a reference to how they should make a movie about Phoenix doing his job. Oh the foreshadowing...

Top Bottom