• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Wright series (Ace Attorney Trilogy now on 3DS)

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Man, I don't know why you guys are hating so much.

Despite it being one of the most annoying characters in the series, it's a very well-done cosplay, and whoever did it clearly did an amazing job.

GET OVER IT, GW IS A TROLL ANYWAY.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Let me guess; a certain pink someone?
:smirk:

I always crack up when Apollo gets called Herr Forehead.
...maybe. :smirk:

It's so tough to deal with these characters when replaying the game =/. Plan to get through a good chunk of the last case of JFA tonight, and start on T&T soon.
Tell me about it, I tend to avoid cases with bad characters in 'em. :c

this made me laugh far more than it probably should've
I try my best.

Saving image.
I think Ankoku made it, I just stole it from him. :awesome:

I have a new avatar.
LEAVE, LEAVE NOW!

And it just became a new page :(
It'll soon be a new page for me. :3

Man, I don't know why you guys are hating so much.

Despite it being one of the most annoying characters in the series, it's a very well-done cosplay, and whoever did it clearly did an amazing job.

GET OVER IT, GW IS A TROLL ANYWAY.
I agree.

I don't know what you're talking aboot.
:c

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Oh. My. GOD! The worst innuendo I've ever read.

-Phoenix gives Letter of Intro from Edgeworth to Oldbag-
Oldbag: Excuse me, I just thought of something I have to do.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
[FONT=&quot]☯ I think Capcom did this to hide the fact that you have to pay $20 for extra characters in SFvT. XD [FONT=&quot]★[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]☯ That being said, my hype.... won't.... stop... [FONT=&quot]★[/FONT][/FONT]

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I know, she looks kinda similar. And the series creator confirmed at one point or another that they take place in the same universe.

Anyway, that's just my random fan speculation, I doubt that it's really her. :p

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Going to paste something I posted in the Unhappy thread. XD

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/04/ace-attorney-5-coming-to-nintendo-3ds

Now anyone but me would post this that link in the Happy Thread, but I'm in the practically nonexistent percentile. I'm glad the game is being talked about, and that it is on the 3DS, but then they say that Phoenix Wright is the lead character again. This is where I diverge from everyone else's reaction, who absolutely love hearing that and rejoice in relief.

Don't get me wrong, love the hell out of Phoenix. But are they forgetting that they just made a game called Apollo Justice? Where they introduce a brand new character that you played as, considered the successor of Phoenix? And at the end he talks about how he doesn't know law, but he wants to learn it so he can perhaps one day fight to change it? Now they are going to stop at that point?

In fact, I'll stop on that line of ranting right there, that is actually my smallest gripe. The main issue is that no one likes Apollo, and despite that, I want him in more, nay, because people can't respect him. Largely why he was hated was because his hand was held so much, it was barely an "Apollo" game outside of you playing him. Why not fix this? Use the first as a foundation, use all of the things hinting about his character and capitalize on it, make those people who look at the four installment with abhorrence forgive it because they can look back on it and see it as a transition to Apollo and give purpose to it, and thus stop pretending it is canon (seriously, I see people online who like to pretend it didn't happen, which I can understand partially). Unless Apollo plays a key role throughout this game, AA: AJ will forever be that game that everyone puts at the bottom and some try to forget entirely.

I'm not unhappy really, just disappointed, and hoping Capcom is smart enough to try and fix the problem rather than trying to sweep it under the rug. This is a rare case of listening to your whiny fan base as being a bad idea, because what they are asking for isn't a cure, they are looking for a way to pretend the sickness isn't there; anyone can tell you that instead of regretting a piece of your story, try to make use of it with excellent writing that works off of that previous piece, I'm not even much of a writer and even I can tell you that. We'll see how this game handles this issue as more information comes out.

/geek rant
Again, not really upset, just an observation.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I dunno, I didn't really care much for Apollo. He wasn't a very likable character (chords of steel got pretty tiresome), and it kind of annoyed me that
magic is the solution to all the cases!
, which is obviously an exaggeration, but still. The bracelet was an interesting mechanic, but it always felt like a gimmick to forward the plot, and you could never use it outside of specific scenarios that the game intended.

While the cases were some of the most interesting, the pacing was downright terrible. The characters were also very hit or miss, and some just weren't as charming as previous iterations.

I still think Apollo Justice is a great game, however I think it's easily the worst in the series. I'd like to see him have his own game, maybe as a spin-off? Regardless, I'm happy that they're returning to Phoenix Wright.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I don't understand, magic was the focus of the Phoenix Wright games, there was no magic at all in Apollo except when you were Phoenix. The bracelet was actually a very small part of the game, and was a genetic thing. It's not like PW didn't use flimsy arguments before, or go out on a limb and end up right at the end, that's kind of how it goes, the Ace Attorney formula if you will. At any rate, I particularly don't understand how one can dismiss the idea of continuing with Apollo if the fourth game wasn't good because of bad pacing or the extra characters, those are things that can be fixed in the sequel.

And honestly, comparing it to the first Phoenix Wright game, the characters were a lot better. For example, there was no Lotta or the Oldbag. The first two cases had nothing to offer in terms of good characters entirely except the Butz. The third was considered annoying by a lot of people, only the fourth and fifth are highly praised. So is it really hard to forgive some misses on the first installment?

Anyways, I'm really interested in who the new prosecutor is, that is always my favorite part, and we all know Winston's brother is not going to be the main one. :laugh: The animations look beautiful by the way, I'm excited to see it in action!

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
It's just my two cents.

I don't particularly care which way they take the series, as long as they continue to release good games, I'll be happy.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Eh, yeah, that is a good way to think of it. I've just grown attached to the story and characters, hate to see it have some ugly spots.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Apollo to me is what happened with Raiden in MGS2. Totally out of left field, and practically everyone (including me) was disappointed with how it progressed.

I think it would be cool to have Apollo show up as a side character. Maybe even him handle a case or two in the game. Outside of that, Phoenix should stay as the main character.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Gaiz.
Updated on September 5th, at 14:50: We have since been told by Capcom that it is "planning to release Ace Attorney 5 in the West". Capcom will "have more news soon".
I'm so excited <3

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Not only screenshots, but according to Pocket Gamer, we also have confirmation of a Western release of AA5!

:phone:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I also heard that the Phoenix Wright HD Trilogy for the iOS is getting a State-side release. Hooray for Capcom!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'll cheer when AA vs Prof Layton gets localised :(

Kinda sad Winston Payne's not in the game, but his Brother looks entertaining. Keep the legacy alive!

John2k4

The End of an Era
Man, taking Criminal Justice this year in High School, and going through all the trial stuff I cannot stop thinking about these games.

...Today was the worst because we discussed Objections.

Top Bottom