• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Wright series (Ace Attorney Trilogy now on 3DS)

Oneupsalesman

Smash Journeyman
I am very, very excited for this, but I am going to sorely miss Apollo. Hopefully we'll be able to play as him for a brief portion of the final case, like they did with Phoenix in AA 4.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
AA5 better explain what happened to Maya. Her excuse for being missing better be that she's supreme medium deluxe after taking the final course offered by Sister Bikini and she's so busy being supreme overlord of the mediums that she can't help Phoenix.

Also, her voice actor is so cute. You can see her in the LaytonxPhoenix trailer.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
The Judge's animations look pretty stiff at the moment. When he slammed the gavel...his arm's motion made me cringe lol.

Phoenix looks like he got fatter. Probably the result of him being in 3D now. His artwork always made him look a bit thin.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
AA5 better explain what happened to Maya. Her excuse for being missing better be that she's supreme medium deluxe after taking the final course offered by Sister Bikini and she's so busy being supreme overlord of the mediums that she can't help Phoenix.

Also, her voice actor is so cute. You can see her in the LaytonxPhoenix trailer.
For some reason I read this as she ate a supreme deluxe burger I literally do not know why I did.

I'm curious what 'gimmick' tactic they're going to make us use this game. I mean they show something with a computer but what even.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Phoenix always seemed bulky too me, he came off as a somewhat strong guy. Especially considering he was able to take down a giant door in the second game.

Didn't realize there was a video of this though, man it's so beautiful, and I really wanted to get a taste of the soundtrack. The music for this series is always so good! :D Didn't disappoint, though it seems like remixes of the original songs though.

Did the final silhouette allude to the new prosecutor?!?! D:

Gameplay

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Has here been anything more specific than 'this fall' for the ios ports?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
my bro saw the trailer and said the game looks more ”kiddish” now. I have to sort of agree despite conventional thought being that anime art would be more kiddish.

:phone:

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
My god, Polly, you look like you wanna give a bird a cracker.

It seems people are speculating that he'll be a Prosecutor. It might seem odd, but I think it's a cool idea. Imagine how the phrase "Here comes Justice" will sound coming from a rival character. :surprised:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Pirate-Raiden-Apollo is cool.

I hope he will make it to America.
Forgot it was announced.

I still want AAI2. :(

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/1...kone-who-solves-cases-by-listening-to-hearts/

I guess she's the ally character for this game?
At the very least, my extremely limited Japanese tells me she's with Phoenix in some images. Looks like her ability to listen to others hearts will be a main gameplay gimmick(At first I thought we may be playing with multiple lawyers or something since her ability is part of the gameplay, but I guess she will be playing a bigger role than the side characters usually do.)

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Ah! I had not seen that picture! I'm glad to see him returning. It would have been a shame to lose him when he was remarking at the end of the game that he didn't know what law was. I wonder if he has acquired an understanding of it in this one...

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I wonder if Apollo will be another case like MGS Raiden. People not liking him for his personality and replacing the older main character, and then trying to make him badass in the sequel. (Although I liked Raiden more before they changed him). I liked Apollo though, so hopefully he isn't that different.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I never hated Apollo, I don't remember "Chords of Steel" bothering me either. I think Pearl was the only main character that kind of got on my nerves, but I don't really remember why and I don't think she was too bad. :/

I didn't hate Raiden either(I even enjoyed MGS2 over MGS1 when I played them), though I do like what he has become as of Revengeance. Having a character change isn't necessarily a bad thing, if Apollo's personality does change in anyway then I'm interested in what they do with it and how they explain why he changed.

Anyways, I don't know if we need to worry about Apollo changing too much yet, maybe he just dresses that way because he thinks it looks cool.

I kind of want to play the AA games again, I've only played through them once and it's been a while, I'd like to see if my opinion has changed on anything.

I think I'll do that, it will take me a while though because they will be low priority.
It will be a long time before I reach AAI. :(

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Looks nice.

I'm glad Apollo will still have a role, and I'm interested in this new prosecutor's story.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Thanks for keeping me updated, somehow I always miss AA5 information. So hyped for it, aside from Smash Brothers, this is my most desired 3DS game. Even more than the Link to the Past sequel (or whatever it is).

Also, a limited edition AA5 would make me very happy...

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I'm watching that video right now, I notice Apollo's silhouette on the bottom screen during an investigation part, and I see him standing on the Defense's side in court.

I really would like to see them do more with having multiple attorneys than the one or two short cases we would find during some of the other games.

I like the animation for the character models so far too.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Thank you Segtendo!

An itch is returning that tells me that for the first time I should go back and replay the entire series in preparation for this. This pleases me.

Also just realized that there was a Japanese release date. I really hope we don't have to wait much longer than them. T_T

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Game looks amazing. Let's hope this ends up good since Takumi isn't on it, since it's basically the Investigation's staff. Although who knows, maybe AAI2 was amazing, (not that I would really know... :()

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Well I loved AAI, probably my favorite AA game, and would have loved to see what happened in the sequel.

So if they're working on 5, I guess I'm not too worried.

Top Bottom