• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pika Q&A/FAQ Thread: Ask a Quick Question, Get a Quick Answer!

Angiance

Smash Lord
It's a Q/A thread, it's MADE for even the dumbest of questions, Ex. "What percent does pika's --Jab-- start KOing?". Are you trying to learn for you, or for ESAM? Please say "for me," and start askin' stuff freely :3

Mr.Pikachu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EzioJett
lol ok. I just like answering questions, but I don't wanna give the wrong advice. Of course I'm trying to learn for myself, but I'm also trying to advoid the bad side of some people here.

AtneyB

Smash Journeyman
It's a Q/A thread, it's MADE for even the dumbest of questions
People should, sometimes, think and actually try to find an answer by themselves before posting stupid thing tho.
At least to raise the trading level here and not make this thread useless.

Angiance

Smash Lord
Oh right, so everybody should be afraid of asking questions, right? They should think, and then become too self-conscious to ask something right? Cause that's keepin' this thread oh so lively, ain't it...

AtneyB

Smash Journeyman
Who the **** is talking about fear lol.
I'm just saying this is not beneficial to this thread if everybody just ask about anything that comes into his head, pretty much what you did with that uair question.
And a thread doesn't have to be lively.

Mr.Pikachu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EzioJett
I kind of agree with angiance, if it says it's a Q/A thread, but people can't ask certain questions that others seem to think is a stupid question in their own opinion then what's the point of this thread? It would be like only helping half the people here. Just saying

Ookami Hajime

Smash Ace
When Angiance asked about u-air, it didn't matter. He tried to get everything back on topic and it worked, haha. And the reason we want to keep this thread lively is because before a few of us had come along, the thread hadn't been commented on for months XD We're simply trying to keep an active thread active; Pikachu isn't really one of the most played characters out there so when there's this many of us actively commenting on a thread like this daily, we try to preserve it.

Anyway, Mr. Pikachu, ask what you please because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~. If you ask something and you get a mean response, shrug it off.

So anyway, I started experimenting with b-air much more and I've started to realize its potential as a move a bit more. But still, are you all hoping for a new b-air in smash 4? Or do you prefer the miraculous Pika-Twirl?

Angiance

Smash Lord
B-Air has 8, high priority hitboxes, definitely a move that needs more development. Our B-Air helps us get onstage (if our tail is towards the stage), and is super good for platform pressure (although U-Air may be dominant in that area). B-Air changing to like, eh, an Iron Tail sweep or somethin' would be kinda' sweet, but the move is fine as is. Your thoughts?

Mr.Pikachu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EzioJett
I doin't know if I already asked this, but what are some QAC mindgames other than QA through your opponent?

Angiance

Smash Lord
You did already ask, but I'll tell you a few more: from the air, QA straight down, through the opponent (good if they like jumping up at us when we're directly above); QA everywhere, literally just blindly QAing around to the first place that pops into our head (requires mastery of QA, or else it's just gonna be an SD); offstage, if the opponent is ledgehogging, QA directly up through them, and then down-right (assuming we're facing right) onto the stage. Not really a mindgame, but we should always stay at the right distance to preform it just to disable ledgehogging, plus it'll give us tremendous stage control; as SOON as a match starts, QA directly to the opponent (good if they're expecting us to walk, dash in, or T-Jolt, since it'll surprise them); on SV, from offstage, assuming we're facing right and the platform is also offstage, QA down-right to the edge of the platform, pressing the C-Stick right a little bit ahead of time to PC into F-Air (just completely unexpected in most cases). Questions?

Ookami Hajime

Smash Ace
Iron tail swipe for b-air sounds really cool, but what kind of move were you hoping for exactly? I love Pika's old N64 b-air and I'd love to see it return =o

I like to QA diagonal under an opponent and pseudo tail-spike with U-air to send them forward. Or, my favorite, when you're being juggled, fall from right above them and then QA to the right and then diagonal down-left into n-air. It catches people off guard, haha

Angiance

Smash Lord
What kinda' move? Well it'd have similar properties to our old N64 B-Air, just with an iron tail slap animation and high knockback; it'd be laggy though, quick start-up (frame 5) but horrid air/landing lag to balance it out. Questions?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I had this long winded explanation about stuff, but **** it.

have fun with the other people that won't actually get answers from actual good players. Have fun Angiance catering to the people that are terribad while you yourself are nothing but a toothbrush type scrub.

I'm done with this thread. If anybody has an ACTUAL QUESTION that isn't dumb as hell, message it to my wall or ask me on facebook. This thread isn't worth my time, and you honestly shouldn't be coming here to have angiance tell you things considering he is ass.

DEUCES~

#infractionincoming

Ookami Hajime

Smash Ace
Oh, goodness, ESAM, I certainly hope you're not referring to everyone on this thread as "terribad". I don't think it's necessary to label anyone on this thread as "bad" or anything considering many of us have not even seen each other play. I'm sorry my friend, and, while I mean no disrespect, you need to calm down. I apologize if you are irritated about the shenanigans that go on during this thread, but it can't be helped =o\\

No questions at the moment, nope :I

Thor

Smash Champion
I think Anther has posted here like 20 pages ago or something. He must think this thread's gone to **** too.

What are good approaches vs Dedede? Do we just camp? My aerial approaches seem to get shielded more often than not and he's got such a big grab... tomahawking to land ground moves/grabs does some work for me but it feels like a 50-50 that I'm not likely to win [50-50 with throwing out an aerial]... any ideas?

Mr.Pikachu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EzioJett
Speaking of project M, what's with the QAC? Sorry, I lost my melee disc years ago and I'm bad at Project M and Melee. Anyways When I QAC like in brawl I can rarely jump out of it and QAC acts so weird grabbing the ledge that other people can literally stand on the ledge charging an fsmash/usmash and kill me with it. Any help?

Angiance

Smash Lord
Well, Thor, characters with large frames (like Dedede's fat butt) are vulnerable to our SH F-Air (no fast fall), which we can do straight from a sharply spaced D-Tilt > Shield; we have our speed over Dedede, and QA. Also, don't forget our ridiculous spotdodge (the lamest tactic, but it's so effective). By the way, what is tomahawking?

Ookami Hajime

Smash Ace
Silly Mr. Pikachu, this is a brawl thread! XD But regardless of this,
But yes, it's because the mechanics are a mixture of Brawl QA which you can cancel, and melee QA in which you can not. You must be really precise with the timing or it won't work, haha

Anther

Smash Champion
Speaking of project M, what's with the QAC? Sorry, I lost my melee disc years ago and I'm bad at Project M and Melee. Anyways When I QAC like in brawl I can rarely jump out of it and QAC acts so weird grabbing the ledge that other people can literally stand on the ledge charging an fsmash/usmash and kill me with it. Any help?
I think you're calling regular QA - QAC =P. QAC doesn't grab ledges, but quick attack does. The C insinuates that the quick attack is being cancelled by jumping out of it or something ;p. Also to snap to the ledge in PM you have to go toward the ledge at a downward angle.

In PM 3.0 qac works closer to brawl, where you can jump before hitting the ground with a buffer similar to brawl's, as opposed to how it was previously where you'd have to jump after the quick attack animation finished.

Ookami Hajime

Smash Ace
I think he is asking how you cancel into another action of some sort.
GreenAce, QAC occurs when you QA into the ground, but in order to initiate an action after it you have to jump as you hit the ground, initiate a special move (jolts, thunder, another QA, skull bash).

Ookami Hajime

Smash Ace
Okay, so I don't know if this is obvious or not, but while messing around with QA today, I realized how you can drop through the platform with if you QA into the platform and hold down on the control stick. You get your jump back and it's very similar to when MK cancels shuttle loop using platforms. Is there a name for this technique?

Nobody's being "nooby", haha. In fact, the term and any synonym of it doesn't make too much sense at all. A term people throw around with their own definitions.

Top Bottom