• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu's moveset tier list

K 2

Smash Lord
It can't combo into anything and it has quite a bit of landing lag (however cute it is.)

RZA_Immortal Technique

Smash Journeyman
lets say you do a f air and then the opponent ends up behind you..you can do b air, then end up doin down smash in the process... :D
ive done this a bunch of times >.>

K 2

Smash Lord
OR you can just do a plain ole' FF fair into dsmash. If they end up behind or in front of you, they get zapped.

!Boom!

Smash Journeyman
dude you gotta stop making stupid unecessary posts just to increase your post count.

ON TOPIC: Nair should be higher up. Thunderjolt should be higher up also. If people learn how to actually di out of dsmash, it will go lower.

yoshistrings

Smash Rookie
Quick attack is great for recovery, but I think thunder jolt has more advantages if you have any small amount of advanced skill... wait-is diddy kong your main?

RZA_Immortal Technique

Smash Journeyman
i wasnt making a stupid post.....i was observing...and if i did..then that woulda been my first one =/
it also indicates i read what you put down.
i dont find down air that great..i mean..i think its excellent to do on the ground at an opponent for a good 16% but it has no ariel game

5ive

Smash Champion

rinoH

Smash Lord
nice 5ive ... uh boom this is my opinion but nair>fair>Uair>bair>dair

dair isnt that good and bair is a prtty good damage racker

Tagxy

Smash Lord
bair does lots of damage and holds them in. For full effectiveness, use the c-stick. IMO if you catch someone in the air at almost any point a full hop bair is better then an fair. Exception is if you can get them to land on the ground with an fair or possibly at low percents when they can be combod easier.

Anyways, uair and nair are the two most useful aerials I think. And learning to spike with uair is pretty cool.

K 2

Smash Lord
Lol...That's hilarious 5ive.

Fair=Nair>Uair (still good, but not as good as fair and nair)>bair=dair.

How do you semi spike with uair? Do you have to be facing the opposite way, or do you have to hit them with the end of the attack?

5ive

Smash Champion
To semi spike, you have to hit them with the tip.

This isn't very useful though. Even though it sends them out at a semi spike trajectory, the knock back is horrendous <_<

It will NOT be able to gimp. EDIT: unless your Link or Ike. Lulz.

!Boom!

Smash Journeyman
sometimes i feel that uair, with its terrible knockback, inflicts terrible damage. thats why i dont use it that much.

I miss the melee uair and the n64 nair.

5ive

Smash Champion
sometimes i feel that uair, with its terrible knockback, inflicts terrible damage. thats why i dont use it that much.

I miss the melee uair and the n64 nair.
.Even with the knockback, upair is still an ESSENTIAL component to Pikachu.

Here's an important tip:
Start Using it!

MonkE67

Smash Cadet
I placed jab above Dash Attack, but it's still in low tier because can't put it above skullbash imo.

Monk E, uair is amazing for juggling and fair is amazing for comboing. Dashing u-smashes can be a good follow-up after a f-throw. F-tilt has limited range and can be shieldgrabbed, so d-tilt is usually a better option.
How do you juggle with Uair when it has such low knockback?:ohwell: Juggling with it would only be possible at low percents, and even then, I think the most you could do would be like 2-3. And thanks for the example with the dash Usmash. Not sure if I've tried that before, but I'll keep it mind from now on:). I guess your right about the Ftilt and Dtilt. Only problem is, I do Dtilt very slowly, cus if I do it too fast, it always turns into a Dsmash:ohwell: So I tend to do Ftilts a lot more.

Khanxay

Smash Cadet
Down Throw = Forward Throw IMO. They setup for the same things almost. Although for me Down is more for comboing into a tilt, and Forward is the setup for a kill. Hell, I make my chain grabs look cool by alternating them.

I dunno. May just be me.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
To semi spike, you have to hit them with the tip.

This isn't very useful though. Even though it sends them out at a semi spike trajectory, the knock back is horrendous <_<

It will NOT be able to gimp. EDIT: unless your Link or Ike. Lulz.
Well just like any move the knockback increases greatly with damage, and if you do two in a row it helps. Its kind of weird, if you hit them from the side with it it will also knock them down a bit for understandable reasons. Anyways, I dont mean necessarily gimp from like 0%, and it might not be the only thing you do, just that the tailspike can be helpful.

RZA_Immortal Technique

Smash Journeyman
o.0 stalker o.0 (some of them were joke threads >.>)

i like using b air because if the opponent gets hit by it, itll do mostly all the hits remaining.
but use it mostly when the enemy is behind me, then end it off with a down smash. the fair>nair combo is really good too.

5ive

Smash Champion
What the hell are all these guys talking about?
Upair KO stealer?
Up air as a viable spike?

...where's Mister E or Esam <_<

K 2

Smash Lord
How do you juggle with Uair when it has such low knockback?:ohwell: Juggling with it would only be possible at low percents, and even then, I think the most you could do would be like 2-3. And thanks for the example with the dash Usmash. Not sure if I've tried that before, but I'll keep it mind from now on:). I guess your right about the Ftilt and Dtilt. Only problem is, I do Dtilt very slowly, cus if I do it too fast, it always turns into a Dsmash:ohwell: So I tend to do Ftilts a lot more.
Push down on the analog stick and the c-stick at the same time to do a "quick" dtilt...

What the hell are all these guys talking about?
Upair KO stealer?
Up air as a viable spike?

...where's Mister E or Esam <_<
lolz...seriously

5ive

Smash Champion
You have to understand, when you label uair as a spike, you are implying its purpose is to send them flying down (or atleast at a 45 degree angle)

Yes, uair does send the opponent at a 45 degree angle, but it is not viable enough to kill...

Even that video was an over statement. The snake was at freeakin 120%.
And he skill recovered.

All in all, Up air is a great combo move, and great for juggling, and to an extent, good for edgeguarding, but as a spike move, it isn't.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Thats what the move is called though, a semi-spike. And when I played with it awhile I find it useful around 60-70%. kind of awesome.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
People tend to think a move sucks when they suck with it :/ . Vice versa people who think a move is broken just because they cant get around it. With practice you can get around either. I'm not sure how a semi-spike isnt helpful, the only excuse it sounds like your giving is that its difficult to do consistently.

!Boom!

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu? spike? What made pikas uair in melee a spike was mainly because of the hitstun. In brawl, uair cant kill, only juggle, combo, somewhat edgeguard, no spike. i dont think even semi spike.

Top Bottom