• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu's moveset tier list

K 2

Smash Lord
I give up arguing. You obviously don't understand my point, and I'm not sure I understand yours (uair? SB? Aerial movement?)

Neither of us are very clear. We also get off topic a lot (Post count, join date).

Quit this?

*sticks out hand*

neji32

Smash Lord
QA is not top tier.,...... you can not run through your opponents with it cause it has no priority and can be stopped easily, all they have to do is charge or just do an Usmash. Or to prevent you from starting it, just spam you.......its not top tier

M15t3R E

Smash Master
QA is not top tier.,...... you can not run through your opponents with it cause it has no priority and can be stopped easily, all they have to do is charge or just do an Usmash. Or to prevent you from starting it, just spam you.......its not top tier
Neji, no offense but you sound like an outsider to Pikachu right now. Certainly don't sound like you know what you're going on about.

Recovery, mindgames, retreating, chains into attacks, racks up extra damage (I have NEVER been hit out of my QA- you must be doing it wrong).
It's the most versatile move in Pikachu's moveset, hands down. That's a fact, not opinion.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Seriously, QA can go in ANY direction you want it to go. Stop being so linear with it, do some crazy directions. Hell if they want to intercept QA, you can QA in place. QA can do amazing things. QA can even gimp people with bad recovery if you QA thru them.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
STFU GTFO n00b

<3<3 Anther<3<3

It might not be top tier and/or overrated (Im not sure myself!), but its still awesome. BUT QA does have some really weird (but good) priority.

Im sure someones posted about this somewhere. I was playing dyna's samus the other day and my QA went through her super missle and kept on going. As in, her missile exploded and i kept going without any pause. I also regularly go through certain parts of pikas dsmash. It also can catch snakes grenades and I believe diddy's banana's. The thing is, different parts of pika's QA have different priority. Im not 100% certain, but I think in between the two movements and right before pika starts moving it's at its weakest. I don't know if it has a linear strength otherwise, but if not then I think it's stongest at the beginning. Granted, if you have two thunder jolts coming at you one of them will most likely hit you at QA's weakest point. And of course it's priority is useless against swords and the like.

Oh yeah, for spams I dont have a problem if I use them horizontally.

lol big but

Cows

Smash Apprentice
Neji, no offense but you sound like an outsider to Pikachu right now. Certainly don't sound like you know what you're going on about.

Recovery, mindgames, retreating, chains into attacks, racks up extra damage (I have NEVER been hit out of my QA- you must be doing it wrong).
It's the most versatile move in Pikachu's moveset, hands down. That's a fact, not opinion.
*eyes water up*

Beautiful Mister_E i agree completely :D

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Mr. E, Neji is kind of right. QAC is very useful, but it is all very punishable. It has lots of nice setups, but it is all VERY dangerous. The only time you should be using it is when you are almost 100% sure you aren't going to get punished for it. Otherwise, you are just asking for damage.

As for saying he is an outsider to Pikachu..........wtf? He is one of the best Pikas on this board. That made no sense at all.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
The middle of Pika's QA will go through projectiles. I've done it against Lucario. lol

And if someone wants to intercept QA, you go around them, it shouldn't be that hard. Or just QA in place and hit them in after lag.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
The biggest problem with some people who use QA (myself included) is they tend to QA toward their opponent like they have cake or something, lol. Remember QAC is just a form of movement, and like any others rushing in and attacking isnt as good as baiting, spacing, et al.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Mr. E, Neji is kind of right. QAC is very useful, but it is all very punishable. It has lots of nice setups, but it is all VERY dangerous. The only time you should be using it is when you are almost 100% sure you aren't going to get punished for it. Otherwise, you are just asking for damage.

As for saying he is an outsider to Pikachu..........wtf? He is one of the best Pikas on this board. That made no sense at all.
If you get punished for it fairly often you don't know how to use it.
Don't try QAC'ing through your opponent every time you use it. When there's a distance between myself and my opponent, I often QAC forward, jump, and fire off a t-jolt. After sending my opponent high into the air, I often double-forward QAC into thunder. That is never punished.
Also, in my tournament 2 Saturdays ago I was QA'ing through multiple opponents a good 4-5 times on each one of my stocks and never got punished for it. And don't even begin to say my opponents must have sucked, because that simply isn't true. I even did this against 2 Meta Knight opponents. It's simply too fast to do anything about unless you spam it to the point of ridiculousness.
As far as the "outsider" remark, I said he SOUNDS like an outsider. Never said he is one.
Btw, you and Neji are the only ones who do not believe QA should be top tier.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
I know your opponents were good, but IMO, they most not have been used to QAC. As fast as QAC is, all that the MK has to do to interrupt you QAC when through them is to throw out an attack (especially tornado.) Like I said, it has a lot of nice setups, but it is very punishable. Sure, you can get away with it from time to time, but when your opponent catches on, you should really minimize. you use of aggressive QAC.

I don't know how to do it? Lol. I know how do to it and when do it just fine. My use of QAC is accurate and adequate. Please, don't make assumptions about things that you know nothing about. Of course QAC can be used for better positioning and such. Maybe I forgot to add that offensive QACing is what I am talking about. My bad. But, in either case, it is something that must be used sparingly and smartly.

K 2

Smash Lord
QAC is an amazingly versitile move. It can be used for recovery, retreating, attacking, mindgames, and more. However, it is punishable if your opponent is expecting it. You can't simply spam QAC and get away with it.

I think QAC is one of those moves that is easy to deal with once you're used to it. For example, I had a hard time fighting olimar my first time due to his campyness. Another example is diddy's bananas. Once your learn to use them against diddy, it makes diddy MUCH more easy to deal with.

It's a good move that should be used with restaint.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
I agree with k prime who agrees with neji and bear. And I find the term offensive QAC makes me lols.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
after starting to use qac more im beginning to lean towards qac bebing v ery good. btw i cancel out tornados with qac all the time. it is fun as they always do the side b right after lol.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Bear, I am not very aggressive with QAC. I use QAC aggressively, but I do it sparingly. I believe I get away with it more often than you do, and I also use it slighty more often. I pride myself on being an innovative Pika, so I mix things up with it all the time.
I do not spam it. Spamming it will be punished quickly. In fact, I never use QAC aggressively twice in a row. I do use it quite a bit, but only when my instincts tell me they won't expect it, and fortunately my instincts have never failed me yet in that regard.
I apologize if my comment came across as insulting. I know you know how to use QA/QAC. I did say IF you are getting punished for it fairly often then you don't know how to use it. I doubt that applies to you.

I still believe QA is Pikachu's most versatile move overall. Sure, it's imperfect, but what isn't? What can you honestly say is more useful than QA?

Zylar

Smash Ace
Down Taunt!!! ^^
/silliness

Do you guys want QA not to be top tier because of its weak points, or because it isn't used the most in a match? (I'm sure tjolt and aerials would win as most used...)

iLight

Smash Lord
I feel like you just rehashed everything I just said about QAC.

Sure, I agree that QAC is Pika's most versatile move. However, I don't believe it is his most useful move. I believe his airs and tilts are more useful than his QAC

This is Bear on a friends computer.

K 2

Smash Lord
I feel like you just rehashed everything I just said about QAC.

Sure, I agree that QAC is Pika's most versatile move. However, I don't believe it is his most useful move. I believe his airs and tilts are more useful than his QAC

This is Bear on a friends computer.
QAC may not be as useful as other moves in pika's arsenal, but you have to remember how godly QA is at recovering. QA (C) has just soooo many uses. It shouldn't be used to often, but it really helps in landing those surprise QAC -> nair kills that are so fast with incredible range.

you forgot about D-smash :p
D-Smash isn't effective at killing or racking up damage. It can be DI'd of really easily.

Cows

Smash Apprentice
QAC may not be as useful as other moves in pika's arsenal, but you have to remember how godly QA is at recovering. QA (C) has just soooo many uses. It shouldn't be used to often, but it really helps in landing those surprise QAC -> nair kills that are so fast with incredible range.

D-Smash isn't effective at killing or racking up damage. It can be DI'd of really easily.
just hope your opponents sucks. :lick: coolest smilie.....I THINK SO!!!

Tagxy

Smash Lord
I've now seen bair change my trajectory twice while flying offstage. I'm certain im not dreaming this, or maybe i am, but its like he literally turns into a boomerang. The trajectory is too much to be regular di.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
I've now seen bair change my trajectory twice while flying offstage. I'm certain im not dreaming this, or maybe i am, but its like he literally turns into a boomerang. The trajectory is too much to be regular di.
This is true. 3 of Pika's aerials move him just the tiniest bit during use in their respective directions.

Bair moves Pika backward, Fair moves him foward, Dair makes him fastfall.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
This is true. 3 of Pika's aerials move him just the tiniest bit during use in their respective directions.

Bair moves Pika backward, Fair moves him foward, Dair makes him fastfall.
I think I described it poorly. What I mean is he heads into say the upper right part of the screen, then bair sends him on a trajectory to the bottom right. idk its kind of weird, and happened again and this time saved my stock. Granted it happend offscreen so I had a hard time telling.

Top Bottom