• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PIKMIN: Koppai's Finest Explorers! Alph is an alt for Olimar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I'm really liking the final designs for these three captains.

I'm starting to think it's Olimar's family too. His Son is Captain A and his Wife is probably Captain B. But if that's the case, where is Olimar's Daughter? Could she be with him?
Captain C could be Olimar's or Captain B's sibling OR he could even be a Police man they hired to go with them to find Olimar.

I also can't shake the feeling that Captain D is related to Louie somehow.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Now we know who they are
Alph
Charlie
Brittany
From a new planet
On a food quest
With New Pikkies, Mon!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
R.I.P. Character D...

On topic, how would they come up with a new moveset for Louie? Unless he or any of the other captins were given other types of Pikmin that Olimar didn't have, then they would probably be clones. Considering how Charlie (the military captain from Pikmin 3) appears to be physically stronger than the other captains, perhaps his moveset could focus more on strength than Pikmin, and said Pikmin would be harder for him to use in combat. Also, Pikmin 3 isn't even out yet. The inclusion of any of the new captains is unlikely.

grizby2

Smash Lord
a new rep from pikmin would be cool, even if they did replace olimar with someone else from pikmin and they had the same moveset, it'd still be nice to see a new face. I dunno about have TWO pikmin reps, but if they can incorporate different movesets, id be all for it.

Eagle

Smash Lord
So they're not replacing Olimar. But they're not letting Olimar use the new pikmin either. I'd find it pretty odd if Rockmin and Pinkmin didn't make it into the game in some form.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So they're not replacing Olimar. But they're not letting Olimar use the new pikmin either. I'd find it pretty odd if Rockmin and Pinkmin didn't make it into the game in some form.
Theres no proof that they're not letting him use the new Pikmin. This is just like the all the thoughts of there being consoles exclusive characters.

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
With olimar confirmed, yet his screenshots not showing rock or winged pikmin, Alph could appear using rock and winged instead of purple and white

Eagle

Smash Lord
If Olimar can use the new Pikmin it would seem pointless not to show it. Unless you can customize his moveset or something. (Ha!)

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
If Olimar can use the new Pikmin it would seem pointless not to show it. Unless you can customize his moveset or something. (Ha!)
They might be saving it for when they show his official gameplay. Also, his moveset could have changes. (The Up Special could easily be the Pink Pikmin)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well now the game is out in America-ville let's see...

The S.S. Drake appears in the background of the new Pikmin stage so if a Pikmin 3 rep is in they won't have the same final smash.

One unique thing they could have is the unlockable roll move. Not sure how it would work but...

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I think that all three of the protagonists from Pikmin 3 should be in as a tag team.​
[collapse=My Moveset!]
When you start the battle, you will be playing as Alph. Alph is the ship's mechanic; he is the awkward but courageous hero. He is a well-rounded character. Later on I will explain a move that allows you to switch to the other captains - Brittany or Charlie. Brittany is the ship's botanist; she is an enthusiastic eater and has an affinity for all things pink and cute. She is quite weak, but makes up for it with her nimbleness. Charlie is the ship's captain; he is a brave but slightly dimwitted adventurer who treasures his lucky rubber ducky. He is rather slow, but makes up for it with his brawn. Each move does different amounts of damage depending on which Captain you are playing, so I've color-coded this moveset.

Jab: The captain does a headbutt. Does 6%/5%/8%.
Forward Tilt: The captain kicks forward with both legs. Does 7%/6%/9%.
Up Tilt: The captain hops up twice. Each hop does 5%/4%/6%.
Down Tilt: The captain quickly swings their helmet downwards. Does 7%/5%/9%.
Dash Attack: The captain trips and falls, and the Pikmin following behind jump over them, 'leap frog' style, attacking the foes in front. Does 2% for each Pikmin.

Up Smash: The captain throws a Pikmin in the air above them. Red/Blue go average height, Yellow/Winged go very high, and Rock don't go very high. Does different amounts of damage depending on the Pikmin: Red does 15%, Blue does 14%, Yellow does 13%, Winged does 8%, and Rock does 20%.
Side Smash: The captain throws a Pikmin in front of them. Does different amounts of damage depending on the Pikmin: Red does 15%, Blue does 14%, Yellow does 13%, Winged does 8%, and Rock does 20%.
Down Smash: The captain tosses two Pikmin a short distance either side. Does different amounts of damage depending on the Pikmin: Red does 15%, Blue does 14%, Yellow does 13%, Winged does 8%, and Rock does 20%.

Neutral Aerial: The captain twirls in the air, with a Pikmin in each hand. Does 10%/9%/11%.
Up Aerial: The captain flings a Pikmin into the air. Does different amounts of damage depending on the Pikmin: Red does 15%, Blue does 14%, Yellow does 13%, Winged does 8%, and Rock does 20%.
Forward Aerial: The captain smacks a short range with a Pikmin in hand. Does different amounts of damage depending on the Pikmin: Red does 12%, Blue does 11%, Yellow does 10%, Winged does 5%, and Rock does 18%.
Back Aerial: The captain smacks a short range with a Pikmin, this time behind them. Does different amounts of damage depending on the Pikmin: Red does 12%, Blue does 11%, Yellow does 10%, Winged does 5%, and Rock does 18%.
Down Aerial: The captain drops a Pikmin below him. Does different amounts of damage depending on the Pikmin: Red does 12%, Blue does 11%, Yellow does 10%, Winged does 4%, and Rock does 22%. Each Pikmin also has a different fallspeed - Red/Blue/Yellow fall average speed, while Wings fall slow and Rocks fall quickly.

Neutral Special: Pikmin Pluck ~ The captain yanks Pikmin out of the ground. This move does no damage, but the button can be quickly tapped to build up a team of maximum 6 Pikmin. The special types of Pikmin will be covered later. Brittany pulls out Pikmin particularly quickly.
Side Special: Captain Toss ~ This move allows you to switch captains. Whichever captain you are currently playing will toss the next captain in line (for example, if you were Alph, you would throw Brittany). If the thrown captain safely hits the ground, the original captain will disappear and you will take control of the new one (note: if the thrown captain instantly dies, the player will remain in control of the original captain). Does 12%/10%/15%.
Up Special: Pikmin Chain ~ The captain uses a string of Pikmin like a grappling hook. This does damage depending on which Pikmin is at the tip of the chain. Red does 12%, Blue does 11%, Yellow does 10%, Winged does 5%, and Rock does 18%. If a Winged Pikmin is at the tip, it will fly upwards for a bit, giving additional height. The more Winged Pikmin there are, the higher it will get you.
Down Special: Pikmin Swarm ~ The captain whistles, and all of the Pikmin charge forward a short distance. If they hit an opponent, they will all latch on, dealing gradual damage until they are shaken off or killed. If the Pikmin do not latch onto anything they will simply run back to the captain.
Final Smash: Still coming up with one...

TAUNTS:
Up Taunt: KopPad ~ The captain pulls out their 'KopPad' and presses a few buttons.
Side Taunt: Pikmin Dance ~ The captain jumps up and down while a ring of Pikmin dance around them.
Down Taunt: Juice Drink ~ The captain takes out a canister of juice and chugs it down. This heals them by 2%!

As an additional easter egg, if the Up Taunt (KopPad) is used on the 'Garden of Hope' stage, the three captains will 'check in'! This will be similar to Snake's codec calls - the three Captains will have a conversation (using on screen text bubbles) similar to the charming conversations that they would have in Pikmin 3!

These are each type of Pikmin's individual strengths and weaknesses:
RED:
+Best fighter (when latched on, it will deal the most gradual damage!)
+Occaisionally deals fire damage
+Immune to fire-based attacks
-Instant death in water

BLUE:
+Can swim
+Immune to water-based attacks
-Instant death by electric attacks

YELLOW:
+Thrown into the air very high
+Occaisionally deals electric damage
+Immune to electricity-based attacks
-Not as strong

ROCK:
+Deals a large amount of damage when thrown
+More hardy (not easily knocked away!)
-Cannot latch on
-Very sluggish

WINGED:
+Can fly (helps with recovery)
+Fairly quick
-Very weak
[/collapse]

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There's actually already a thread for this. Please check the Directory Thread next time before making a thread.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
There's actually already a thread for this. Please check the Directory Thread next time before making a thread.
Are you sure? I most definitely looked through the 'character discussion guidelines & listings' and used the search bar are couple times (I looked up Alph, Brittany, Charlie... no topics for them, at least from what I saw). I couldn't find anything of the sort... could you provide me with a link to the topic about this character?

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Hmmm... that topic seems to be a broad discussion of individual Pikmin characters. Yes, this topic contains some of the characters mentioned in the topic you've posted, but this topic is specifically focused on the three protagonists of Pikmin 3 as a tag team. I'm not sure if that is a big enough distinction for this topic to be allowed; should I ask a mod?

I mean, if your Chrom topic is allowed to exist alongside a broad Fire Emblem character topic (in which Chrom is also discussed); then I don't see how this is a problem.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'd ask, just to be sure.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Good idea.
This may sound naive, but how would I do that? Do I send a mod a PM or something?
Yep! Falkoopa, Mario and Sonic Guy, N3ON, and/or Venus of the Desert Bloom can be contacted via PM.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Revived, after playing through Pikmin 3 to almost to the end (I collected every fruit but that last part is ****-hard, I can't beat it, yet..), I think the inclusion of Alph is justifiable being really important to the Pikmin series.
Though I think he'll be one of the last minute clones.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Tepig2000 actually made different movesets for Alph, Charlie, and Brittany.

Check out his thread for distinct characters.

Also, what would you do if President was in before any of them?

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I finally beat the game, man that final boss wasn't that hard actually. The game is so good, I support Alph all the way! I think he's really likely to be one of the last minute semi-clones.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'd love to see a new Pikmin rep. I thought of an idea to make the potential newcomer unique:

I'd like to see Rock and Winged Pikmin implemented into the new Captain. Here's another idea on how they could work:

Alph's Down B would be 'Switch Pikmin'. He would switch between holding a Rock Pikmin and a Winged Pikmin.
When he holds the Rock Pikmin, he is a strong, heavy weight character with slow attacks and bad recovery. His attacks do a lot of damage and have a lot of knock back.
When he switches to Winged Pikmin, he is a lightweight character with fast attacks, but good recovery. His attacks do a lot less damage, but are faster.

The rest of the moves are exactly the same whether he is holding the Rock or Winged Pikmin.

SenseiJosh

Smash Rookie
NNID
bunnydrummer
3DS FC
2852-8601-4250
I know a lot if people don't agree but i think Alph and/or Louie would be great for smash.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I think most people would agree that Olimar sufficiently represents Pikmin alone, especially now that he has some of the new Pikmin types in his moveset (Making someone like Alph even more redundant).

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Best other Pikmin Rep I've seen Suggested in the Plasma Wraith

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
There's still Alph left, though his inclusion seems more pointless than ever now that Flying Pikmin is Olimar's recovery, he still has Rock Pikmin left to be diverse with.

Eagle

Smash Lord
According to the leak Alph will be an alt for Olimar with his own pallete swaps. If Sakurai is going this route I wonder if the announcer will actually say "Alph!" It would be really odd if it stayed "Olimar!" but it wouldn't surprise me. I'm sure the Bowser Jr. + Koopalings are correct too, and I hope they announcer at least says Koopaling or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom