• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pivot grabbing out of shield

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Does your wii + nunchuck have a "Smash in the other direction" function? If not you can do it manually by pressing dash, shield + back and A kind of with the same timing you'd use to B reverse a nade. The window for it is very very very small though, ****'s annoying.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Mmiceclimbers...

I can't do this. :urg:

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
My character rolls in the direction I press the C-Stick, lol. -_-

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
The D-pad on the Wiimote is set to:

U-pad = Usmash

D-pad = Dsmash

Side-pad = GRABS!!!

TT_TT It wont work for me.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Am I correct in my assessment that this will effectively eliminate anyone with a tether grab from competitive play (as though most tether grab characters weren't bad enough already)

rel12

Smash Apprentice
it works For Ness, but for Yoshi it seems alot harder, if anyone can do it well with Yoshi, please let me know

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Am I correct in my assessment that this will effectively eliminate anyone with a tether grab from competitive play (as though most tether grab characters weren't bad enough already)
I'm slow. Explain please. @_@

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Don't tell ADHD about this.

It'll help him win the match-up against me...
What with all the times you're running directly after diddy kong as falco while he's running away from you with nothing in hand?

This is only a way to squelch approaches, you're falco, you dont approach.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
What with all the times you're running directly after diddy kong as falco while he's running away from you with nothing in hand?

This is only a way to squelch approaches, you're falco, you dont approach.
I'm only afraid that all characters can use this to space out Falco's Phantasm (Which is a big part of my game [Why I ban Yoshi's]) to grab him out of it...

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
I'm only afraid that all characters can use this to space out Falco's Phantasm (Which is a big part of my game [Why I ban Yoshi's]) to grab him out of it...
Trust me dude, if someone sees an illusion coming and spaces it out, there's far worse they can do to you than a measly grab. If someone sees an illusion coming and spaces it out, just be glad in the cases that it isnt your stock in exchange for messing it up.

Kel

Smash Master
my shield doesn't come up at all when i do this. Is it supposed to?

The only difference between this and pivot grabbing is that you don't slide when you do this. You slide a little bit more when you pivot grab the traditional way.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
IxxI you realise your sig is a giant lie...Anti also told Fatal you could exchange someones sbr status with his own when he wasn't even an sbr member

Kel your shield is supposed to come up so you have more momentum when you pivot grab

CO18

Smash Hero
I dont get how its so useful lol. Tell me PIERCE. Why wouldnt I just do a regular shield grab/pivot grab. Only thing I see this helping vs is mks nado.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
You get like 1 frame of shielding. lol not as useful as I thought, but still usefull non-the-less.
You can at the very most get a power shield out of it. But considering the function it serves, a powershield is all you need.

Tell me PIERCE. Why wouldnt I just do a regular shield grab/pivot grab.
Pierce went to sleep, the simple answer is because not everyone has the standing grab range dedede does and a pivot grab is a huge range boost for most other characters.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Trust me dude, if someone sees an illusion coming and spaces it out, there's far worse they can do to you than a measly grab. If someone sees an illusion coming and spaces it out, just be glad in the cases that it isnt your stock in exchange for messing it up.
IAP has no lag, the ending half is like a free hit if you have a sword. Or a good OoS options. This really feels like a counter to that. Especially with Pikachu/IC/Marth having a 0-death out of a grab, I'm not liking the sound of this.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Shielding gives you less momentum, not more. That's why Shield grabbing out of a Dash stops your character in place and does a "standing" grab animation.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
If you dash pivot grab your character stops in place. With this your character slides while pivot grabbing

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
It works like **** for Toon Link...
Olimar's is fine...
MK's is good. Snake's is beast. I ****ing hate this game...
not really...

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
So this is just like a JC pivot grab except your shield comes up? >_>
Ok.

Top Bottom