• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plano/Garland/Richardson - Brawl & Melee - Jan 18, 2009

dnilb

Smash Cadet
is it for sure that you have to bring a wii if you want anything other than a default character? my bro mains olimar but I need my toon link!

chic

Smash Ace
We are bringing our wii!

Quick question, my brother plays with a different wii-mote button set up then the default one - is this allowed?

See you guys tomorrow!

edit: oh yea another question! any idea how many people are going to compete?(per brawl/melee)

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
We are bringing our wii!

Quick question, my brother plays with a different wii-mote button set up then the default one - is this allowed?

See you guys tomorrow!

edit: oh yea another question! any idea how many people are going to compete?(per brawl/melee)
Last time 40~ people showed up, and it was Melee only. I expect somewhere around 60 for this one, since Brawl has a way larger community.

TXGamers.com

Smash Apprentice
Brawl: 62
Malee: 27

1: Bluezaft ($70.00)
2: UTD ZAC ($30.00)
3: Bwett ($15.00)
4: Grayfox
5: Melee 1
5: Jeemy
7: Matt
7: Grokk
9: JAS
9: Loyde
9: Shaguar
9: Chris W
13: Ruben
13: Alan
13: Abren
13: Jun
17: Ratatat
17: Becky
17: Fonix
17: Jay
17: Milkshake
17: Infity
17: Shuz
25: Quan
25: Ant
25: Ray
25: Jake

Brawl Results Latez! (when its is finished!)

TXGamers.com

Smash Apprentice
Brawl Results:
1: UTD ZAC ($155.00)
2: Kirby Kid ($60.00)
3: Dr Mario Kart ($30.00)
4: Bluezaft
5: Bwett
5: Infity
7: Regelio
7: Bill Moon
9: Slacker
9: Zany
9: Melee 1
9: Milkshake
13: Bored
13: KG
13: Abren
13: Arman
17: AKAI
17: Matt
17: Grayfox
17: Omega
17: Shuz
17: The Sixth Flame
17: EDDD
17: Ruben
25: Mark T
25: MGAW
25: Alan
25: Rob
25: Bob
25: Grokk
25: Ratatat
25: The Last Atreyu
33: Random
33: Mik
33: Cool C
33: Shaguar
33: Spencer
33: JAS
33: Becky
33: Dalow
33: CHWDR
33: Luis
33: Doug
33: Byaah
33: Fonix
33: Ant
33: Nico
33: Aurg
49: Dude
49: Ace
49: Chris W
49: Andrew
49: Kain
49: Mark F
49: Niraj
49: Neal
49: Mephy
49: Spoonlord
49: Marlow
49: Quartr
49: Jake
49: The Hoove

bluezaft

The True Zaft
I think you mean **** Game&Watch

I'm going to change my name to UTD Zaft so people might confuse me with Zac

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Bill Moon is my brother. I'm "Bored"...I beat Milkshake earlier...so it jus goes to show you it also depended on matchups xP.

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
I had a blast. Everyone rocked in their own way.

A few things... the tournament went too long.

Got there before 3. Left at around 10:30.

Perhaps the rules need to be adjusted taking into account how many TV's and entrants there are so that things don't drag on.

Even when many people left after their first lost, the tournament went long. I would have been fine with 2 stock at least for the first few rounds.

Also, doing best out of 5 towards the end of the tournament is unnecessary. Keep things short and simple. A loss is a loss. Do we really need an excuse to drag rounds out to 5 matches of at least 5 minutes each?

I was so worn out by finals I could hardly keep things together.

Over all, the hosts ran the tournament extremely well. There was a big TV displaying the bracket. The rules were posted in several places. There was a sign up information card that hopefully will provide a lot of useful information for us. They had a loud speaker system. The hosts were super nice and accommodating.

Some of the levels shouldn't' have been banned based on some of the levels were kept in but that's no big deal.

Keep it up. Keep it up.

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
i kinda felt sorry for you kirbykid going battle after battle after battle after...well u get the point. But this being my first brawl tournie i was very satisfied. I didnt come to win but i came to learn from the best and get my *** kicked couple times. i hope another txgamers will host another tournie in the near future, with few minor things changed, like the time issue. Hopefully ill make a name for myself.

TXGamers.com

Smash Apprentice
New Event ...

Hey guys new event posted in the main post!

Bring all your friend depending on the turnout this may become a regular weekly event.

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
The first round for BOTH start at 7:30... That means you should get there be signed up and ready to go at 7:30 :) You can play in both ...

Thanks,
Matt
7:30 PM!?!?!?! Are you serious?! That would be perfectly fine if it weren't for the fact that you guys are going to get around 60+ people. Last time, the tournament went on for 9 hours! I'm gonna be tired as complete Hell at five o'clock in the morning!

felix45

Smash Lord
plus I'm guessing many people will enter in both...I know I'll be doing brawl only because that is the game I am focusing on right now, but still....there will be many conflicts with them both running at once.

TXGamers.com

Smash Apprentice
7:30 PM!?!?!?! Are you serious?! That would be perfectly fine if it weren't for the fact that you guys are going to get around 60+ people. Last time, the tournament went on for 9 hours! I'm gonna be tired as complete Hell at five o'clock in the morning!
If we start getting those numbers on Monday nights, then yes that will be a problem and we will just start holding a single tournament and have all 10 stations setup for Brawl or Melee, this will speed things up a lot. The best thing we can do is have you guys bring your systems so that we have 8 brawl stations, that should make things move faster then last time.

Slacker is right..... Is there away we can start earlier?
No, if after the first event we have too many people show up we will try and move it a bit earlier, but I do not think the numbers will be that good on Monday nights.

Is there going to be doubles for either one?
Updated main post, but the short answer is no, only singles this time.. We will do doubles on a diffrent day.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
I'll be there for the Melee!

Wait, the title says the 6th but the first post says the 9th. I'm assuming it's the 9th.

TXGamers.com

Smash Apprentice
plus I'm guessing many people will enter in both...I know I'll be doing brawl only because that is the game I am focusing on right now, but still....there will be many conflicts with them both running at once.
If there are that many people there will be very few conflicts... If there are fewer people then the few conflicts do not hert as much.

I'll be there for the Melee!

Wait, the title says the 6th but the first post says the 9th. I'm assuming it's the 9th.
Yes, the 9th your are correct, and I have fixed the title.

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
What all do we need to bring for melee and brawl? If we can help. Im going to play in both.

TXGamers.com

Smash Apprentice
Would you need any cubes or memory cards for melee?
Have memory cards, but cube could not hurt...

What all do we need to bring for melee and brawl? If we can help. Im going to play in both.
We should be ok on TVs
Brawl - (Got 2) Wii & Brawl
Melee - (Got 4) Cube and Melee

Also I found another tournament from the LAN center up the street for you guys... Check main post for details..

Dr Mario Kart

Smash Apprentice
Another late start for that new Zen place, eh?

I wouldnt mind hearing a ruleset from them. 75% payout means that 25% goes to venue and the rest is split top 3 or what? Surely not top 1.

I was thinking about coming up for the Monday, June 9 business. I hope you guys can separate some people in the brackets that placed well in previous tournaments.

TXGamers.com

Smash Apprentice
Another late start for that new Zen place, eh?

I wouldnt mind hearing a ruleset from them. 75% payout means that 25% goes to venue and the rest is split top 3 or what? Surely not top 1.
I found the tournament and posted cause they are close.. I left there phone number for you guys to get more details, if you get them let me know I will update the main post.

I was thinking about coming up for the Monday, June 9 business. I hope you guys can separate some people in the brackets that placed well in previous tournaments.
Yes, we can make sure things are right for ya..

Matt

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I might drive up to this.

Kal

Smash Champion
Ok I am leaving at 3. Please don't start without me in case I get stuck in traffic :(.

Edit: This is Hylian.

Top Bottom