• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playable SSE Stages with Video!

FireC

Smash Cadet
Alright, I'm sending my Wii in to Nintendo... I'm just disappointed I have to wait a week before trying out all these new hacks :(

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Alright, I'm sending my Wii in to Nintendo... I'm just disappointed I have to wait a week before trying out all these new hacks :(
Too bad you don't live in Redmond. I lived a literally 3 minute drive from NoA headquarters at one time, and when I needed repair work done on my DS Lite, I walked in, checked the system in, and later that DAY, picked it up from the plant. No joke: NoA is pretty hardcore when it comes to repairs... but I'm not as sure about send-in repairs.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Too bad you don't live in Redmond. I lived a literally 3 minute drive from NoA headquarters at one time, and when I needed repair work done on my DS Lite, I walked in, checked the system in, and later that DAY, picked it up from the plant. No joke: NoA is pretty hardcore when it comes to repairs... but I'm not as sure about send-in repairs.
Badass.

Anyway, I got a subspace stage to load as the results stage. It works fine except that all the players spawn on top of each other. I would post a picture but I can't find my camera cable... Can someone post which number stage is that Rayquaza level so I can test it out with that?

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
I remember somewhere in this thread, someone (maybe Rudy?) told us which file controls stage spawns; you might have to make sure that wasn't replaced by the SSE spawn file.

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
ok i havent done it yet cuz theres a problem with 1 of my college aplications (obviously a priority). but i managed to take a look.

when replacing, theres camera settings and easy stuff to replace, and then theres also the matter that there technicly is no stage, only comands for the parts, which are maped in the specific stage file. so I have an idea:
to use the programing of stage studio in order to be able to make it so instead of loading STGEDIT, it loads the SSE stage as the thing to edit (obviously not all the parts of it cuz that would just mess things up). what would this do? it would load the SSE stage, but characters and items and stuff would fall right through. HOWEVER, you can use stage editor to add normal stage editor blocks onto the stage. just make the blocks invisable via textureediting and place them where the SSE stage looks like it should be and ur gravy. itll look like SSE, but play like a custom stage u made with invis blocks. :)
then its a matter of editing the stagestudio program on the computer to make it so the stage file wants to load a diff background/models for each file (ud have to custom lay invis blocks for each 1)

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
Badass.

Anyway, I got a subspace stage to load as the results stage. It works fine except that all the players spawn on top of each other. I would post a picture but I can't find my camera cable... Can someone post which number stage is that Rayquaza level so I can test it out with that?
awesome. that might make what im working on useless.

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
i need to do the same. when u send in to nintendo, they dont care when they see that its been modified?

sry about the triple post btw

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman

Spawn data is in the stage position file, for a melee stage its normally in Model[100].

Also,

I would really like to see that .pac. Could you upload it please?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I remember somewhere in this thread, someone (maybe Rudy?) told us which file controls stage spawns; you might have to make sure that wasn't replaced by the SSE spawn file.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It's probably in either in Type1[2] or Type1[10] (if not, I'll have to search through this thread again, because I remember someone saying it).
I would really like to see that .pac. Could you upload it please?
Yeah, just give me a little while to try out a few more things.

FireC

Smash Cadet
Ahh, nice... what sucks is I live all the way on the other side of the US, the east coast.

As of now, most if not all stages are going to be replacing online waiting stage. Most of the banned stages are too crazy and have special effects that carry over into the new stage making them impossible.
I've heard impossible one too many times to believe it anymore. A week ago, this thread would be full of impossibilities.

That being said, I absolutely hate having all these excellent stages and only one stage I can replace to use them. There's at least 5 stages I hate more than Wifi Waiting Room. Srsly.

playermode

Smash Rookie
Has someone did a SSE Midair Stadium replacement for Final Destination? I tried doing it myself but it keeps freezing at the Select Screen when I choose it....If its been done can someone post the download link? Or tell me in detail how to perform the switch? I did all the tutorial said and even with Rudementary's feedback but it still isnt working

mofo_

Smash Ace
wow ! i can use Almas Alternate file loader with this right?

im also confused as to why its called onlinepractice#..do i leave the number ? i put in melee>stages ?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
it's pf > stage > melee.

and no. It's just ONLINEPRACTICE.pac

EDIT: It's STGONLINETRAINING, not "PRACTICE"

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It's probably in either in Type1[2] or Type1[10] (if not, I'll have to search through this thread again, because I remember someone saying it).

Yeah, just give me a little while to try out a few more things.
Type1[2] is collision data
Type1[10] is lighting, if I remember right. (I could be wrong, don't quote me on this one)
Spawn points is all under stageposition.

I've heard impossible one too many times to believe it anymore. A week ago, this thread would be full of impossibilities.
Sorry I mislead you, its probably possible, its just I would have no idea about how to approach it.

Someone do the midair stadium with 2 platforms.
Which one is that?

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Hey, is there anyone in here who knows how to get Almas' clone engine working for stages? If so, let me know, because I need help big time (trying to get a clone WWR engine working).

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
So uhhh, has anyone been able to replace Jungle Falls with the jungle stage from SSE? I'd really like that to happen, can't seem to figure this stuff out myself here

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
Alright, so lets say that you have some SWEET ideas to replace some boring maps, psh. . . Yoshi's island in melee, how the hell do u know which .pac is which for the adventure .pacs?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Type1[2] is collision data
Type1[10] is lighting, if I remember right. (I could be wrong, don't quote me on this one)
Spawn points is all under stageposition.
StagePosition as in the thing under ModelData[100]? If I'm not replacing that, then shouldn't it be the same as an unedited results screen? All I changed in my second test was ModelData[0] and Type1[2] and they still spwaned on top of each other.

mofo_

Smash Ace
can you switch the stages with configure test since that stage is also flat and simple ( though the camera might be a problem )

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I attempted to replace the results screen with the Rayquaza level (as I think someone else has tried as well), but it just freezes after a match with no beep. I realized that the new file is HUGE compared to the old one. I know they said that file size doesn't usually matter, but this one is like 4 times bigger than the original. The other one I tested was only about 100KB bigger than the original. So it's got to be the stage itself that's too big to fit on the results stage.

So does anyone have any other ideas of (small) stages to put on the results screen?

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
I attempted to replace the results screen with the Rayquaza level (as I think someone else has tried as well), but it just freezes after a match with no beep. I realized that the new file is HUGE compared to the old one. I know they said that file size doesn't usually matter, but this one is like 4 times bigger than the original. The other one I tested was only about 100KB bigger than the original. So it's got to be the stage itself that's too big to fit on the results stage.

So does anyone have any other ideas of (small) stages to put on the results screen?

i tried the rayquaza one too, same result, altho for my results which is STGRESULT_en.pac it is like 700 kb on my comp then after puttin the rayquaza stuff in it was like 2.5 megs so that could be it too

edit:. . . would the map with teh 2 princesses in the background work?

also, for the picking of subspace maps, how the hell do i know which im picking?

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Use Brawlscape v0.06. Thats what I use. Very helpful. (for finding what stage is what) I would lend more help to the thread tonight, as in, make 5 new stages and fill out all the requests, but I have to go to bed and my SD card reader is acting buggy. Sorry guys I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

Also, the results screen is set up differently. Spawn points may very well be be managed inside model[0]. I have no idea, sorry.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Yeah, that's around the same sizes mine were too. My other altered one was only ~800KB and it worked fine, other than the characters spawning on top of each other.

For the subspace stages, I just downloaded a bunch of them at once and checked them out in BrawlBox until I eventually found one I liked... That's why if anyone has any suggestions for other stages to test, it will save me the time of having to download and preview a bunch randomly.

Also, the results screen is set up differently. Spawn points may very well be be managed inside model[0]. I have no idea, sorry.
It must be. I tested a new results screen where I literally only replaced the model and the texture, and they still spawned on top of each other. If that's the case then it looks like replacing this screen at all is out of the question.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
No Contest and teams are in ModelData[0], Normal fight endings are in ModelData[100]... thats how it seems to me o.o

Not sure about, I just looked into the file and 0 had no_contest_XY and team_XY. 100 had Player_XY and Rebirth_XY so yeah, maybe you should try to actual end a normal match, if you didnt replaced 100. Maybe I will try it too later... we'll see.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Wait, disregard what I said before. There may still be a way.

I just remembered that the model I've been using is a SSE stage which you enter from a door in the center-top part of the screen. That's about the same spot where the characters are standing on the results screen. If I use a stage where the characters naturally spawn out in the open, they might each have separate spawn points.

Edit again: Never mind, I think we were right afterall. More test stages all have them spawning in the same spot.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Hm I also cant get the result screen work :S

Needs more testing but starting wii every time new is bull**** -.-

joshl94

Smash Apprentice
is it possible to make items spawn on sse stages?
because when I put items on high and play on these stages no items spawn

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
is it possible to make items spawn on sse stages?
because when I put items on high and play on these stages no items spawn
Yeah, making it spawn items is easy. Just do what you just said. I've been taking the Type1[0] from FD and replacing it with the WWR stage's so they spawn items. Works like a charm. :3
You people really don't read, do you? I swear I'm gonna be the naturally assigned quoter of this topic. -.o

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Could someone please test this stage for me?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ltny0njzyqw/STGRESULT.pac

It might be a working results stage with normal spawn. Might. I also spent less than 5 minutes working on it cuz I gotta go to church so I might've forgotten something stupid.

The type1[2] and type1[10] stuff hasn't been replaced yet. I don't know if I should or not. Try it out how it is now, then try with type1 stuff. It might work.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Can someone make a more detailed guide on this? My stages keep freezing, no matter what I do. D:

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
The weird thing is, it doesn't go BZZZZZZZZRRRRRRRRRRRRT on me. It just kinda stops in the middle of loading the stage, no sound whatsoever.

I think I'm replacing stuff wrong. The thing is, there are multiple ModelData[0] 's in a stage pac. And there are multiples of other files too O_o

Top Bottom