• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale": Sony's version of Super Smash Bros.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I own Medieval Resurrection. Did not know they remade PaRappa though! Gotta get my hands on that stat.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
No Sullivan, no purchase. I refuse to look at a Sony crossover game without Sony's best first-party character ever.

You hear me, Sony?

Give me that sexy mustache and I will buy your game. Scorn me and I will end you.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Okay, so I read this:

“In the LittleBigPlanet stage, Buzz! pops up on screen when triggered (you pick up a Buzz! remote and use it) and asks you certain trivia questions and there are different platforms that appear that you can jump on, with each having a different answer. Get the answer wrong and it’s bye-bye by pie in your eye (KO’d).”
Sure it's a rumor thing that might just be masculine bovine feces, but if this IS true, then, what the lump, man. Didn't they learn from Super Smash Bros.? Or just about any mascot fighter ever out there? I mean, one hit KO hazards are what people around the world commonly refer to as flopping rainbow. And that's not a good thing, that's an euphemism so that I wouldn't have to resort to cursing.

But aside from that, it's not just a stage hazard, it's one where you are required to actually concentrate on the stage itself rather than the fight. At least WarioWare Inc. had the decensy to not actually outright kill you when you missed that speeding car, and actually would reward you if you got it right.

I seriously am having doubts now if this game should ever even come to be. They'd seriously need to look at balancing issues, and, more importantly, look at potential annoyances. Next thing you know, all stages would be banned from tournament.

EDIT: Also, sure, it's triggerable, but god knows how many people would just accidentally trigger something.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
They will have their share of "fair" stages and their share of "wtf" stages. I mean, it sort of reminds me of the WarioWare stage.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Okay, so I read this:

Sure it's a rumor thing that might just be masculine bovine feces, but if this IS true, then, what the lump, man. Didn't they learn from Super Smash Bros.? Or just about any mascot fighter ever out there? I mean, one hit KO hazards are what people around the world commonly refer to as flopping rainbow. And that's not a good thing, that's an euphemism so that I wouldn't have to resort to cursing.

But aside from that, it's not just a stage hazard, it's one where you are required to actually concentrate on the stage itself rather than the fight. At least WarioWare Inc. had the decensy to not actually outright kill you when you missed that speeding car, and actually would reward you if you got it right.

I seriously am having doubts now if this game should ever even come to be. They'd seriously need to look at balancing issues, and, more importantly, look at potential annoyances. Next thing you know, all stages would be banned from tournament.

EDIT: Also, sure, it's triggerable, but god knows how many people would just accidentally trigger something.
Also, unlike Brawl, if balancing were ever an issue, they can always release patches and updates to fix this.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
As long as there aren't too many gimmicky stages then.

Or stages with masculine bovine feces stage stransitions like in Punch Time Explosion. If you are going to make a stage transition, do not fade the screen out. It's annoying, and in general it doesn't work during hectic fights.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I lie the way you use "masculine bovine feces" instead of bull**** hahahah.
He could've just as easily used "BS". XD

Anyway, what about Crash Bandicoot? Not sure if someone made mention of him yet. I mean, isn't Uncharted by Naughty Dog? So it would make sense if they added Crash, or even Jak and/or Daxter. What about Heavy Rain? You think that game will get any kind of rep?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
The thing is is that naughty dog doesnt own Crash anymore. They havent owned him in like 5-10 years, and basically Craptivision made the amazing job of running that series into the ground like they did with CoD and Guitar Hero

:phone:

Life

Smash Hero
Anyone else see Sony's ad and think it was for this before it turned out to be just a nonspecific Sony ad? Dey be trollin

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
The thing is is that naughty dog doesnt own Crash anymore. They havent owned him in like 5-10 years, and basically Craptivision made the amazing job of running that series into the ground like they did with CoD and Guitar Hero.
Oh, right, I completely forgot about that. Well, at least they'll still have Jak and Daxter... unless those two were bought out as well.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
TBH, I'm surprised Sony even has characters.

All I played when I owned their systems was Final Fantasy games

StriCNYN3

Smash Journeyman
Even if Crash gets in, what are the chances of us getting the golden era Crash instead of that Tribal inbred? Same goes with the likes of Spyro. Hoping they'll be alt costumes and such.

Also, since 3rd party characters are key to this game, we need

No Items
Sly ONLY
Final Destination

Spire

III
BRoomer
Holy hell I'm down with Raziel. He was a prominent face of the PS1's early years. Soul Reaver man... that series needs to come back. NEVER FORGET.

StriCNYN3

Smash Journeyman
@Spire
Or at least an HD collection like every other PS game seems to be getting lately.

@Theboredone
Then you should definitely try Soul Reaver. Such a great series =)

I read a rumor that "Title Fight" was going to be revealed at the VGA's. Is this actually true?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
They should rep The Legend of Dragoon. Just sayin'.
Agreed to the Max, at least one character from there needs to be in it, if it does happen, this will have me sold on this game regardless of anything else.

EDIT- Raziel would just be EPIC, the Legacy of Kain series is phenomenal, Eidos needs to either bring back Raziel in a new sequel (in HD) or remake the classic games (in HD which would be hella of fun to play again), give us Raziel or Kain!!

Or Aya Brea from Square lol..
♥

infersaime

Smash Rookie
I didn't saw any comment these two

Ezio from accensin screed
Cole from Infamous
Those super good games.

StriCNYN3

Smash Journeyman
Plus, most people would rather see returnng characters from the PS1 games like Tomba and Ape Escape before any of the recent PS3 exclusives take their spots

theeboredone

Smash Legend
@Spire
Or at least an HD collection like every other PS game seems to be getting lately.

@Theboredone
Then you should definitely try Soul Reaver. Such a great series =)

I read a rumor that "Title Fight" was going to be revealed at the VGA's. Is this actually true?
Didn't hear anything about that. The VGAs already happened.

Also, it might be tough to get Ezio in, but Cole from Infamous has been on Sony only consoles...so that's not a hard push.

Jonas

Smash Champion
No Sullivan, no purchase. I refuse to look at a Sony crossover game without Sony's best first-party character ever.

You hear me, Sony?

Give me that sexy mustache and I will buy your game. Scorn me and I will end you.
Better make it young Sully from the U3 flashback. Damn what a hunk.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Oh, right, I completely forgot about that. Well, at least they'll still have Jak and Daxter... unless those two were bought out as well.
Technically Sony owns J&D. The reason why Crash isn't in their hands is because ND made Crash for Universal Studios, and when Sony acquired them they left Crash behind at the end of 1999 (thus ruining my childhood's favorite video game character).

Who are also not Sony characters...
Cole is Sony's. They acquired Sucker Punch this year.

I want Ratchet and Clank the most. I hope this game isn't a shameful ripoff.

EDIT: That Paulgalenetwork update sounds like this game's a bit too derivative.

Jonas

Smash Champion
I hope this game isn't a shameful ripoff.

EDIT: That Paulgalenetwork update sounds like this game's a bit too derivative.
This is interesting. What are you afraid of? Them completely ripping off Smash Bros. (ie being "unoriginal") or them just haphazardly throwing together a bunch of characters and terrible fighting engine (ie only ripping off the concept)?

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
This is interesting. What are you afraid of? Them completely ripping off Smash Bros. (ie being "unoriginal") or them just haphazardly throwing together a bunch of characters and terrible fighting engine (ie only ripping off the concept)?
Mostly the ladder. I'll get over the game being a ripoff eventually if its good, but I think they shouldn't try to make character X be the answer to Pit for example. Its like a catch 22 here--I want the game to be inspired by Smash, but that can yield a horrible result. A ripoff is also disheartening because Sony's characters are very different from Nintendo's and shouldn't be made to fit their mold.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Mostly the ladder. I'll get over the game being a ripoff eventually if its good, but I think they shouldn't try to make character X be the answer to Pit for example. Its like a catch 22 here--I want the game to be inspired by Smash, but that can yield a horrible result. A ripoff is also disheartening because Sony's characters are very different from Nintendo's and shouldn't be made to fit their mold.
You just gave me an idea. Kratos is molded to be an overgrown MK with legs (LOL)
I bet if MGS was featured in this they would include Old Snake or Naked Snake(Big Boss)
Sonic would have a '06/Unleashed moveset.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
This guy is obviously trolling. Did you see those "Screenshots"? And even if we ignored that, Sony's first party presence is negligible. They wouldn't be able to do this because there wold be so many 3rd parties involved.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well, so far we haven't seen any kind of update concerning this "sony Smash., but my guess would be that if it indeed is a project in the works then i believe Sony may want to gain some attention from the Wii-U by saving it for the fast approaching e3, that's IF it's actually true.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599

Killer Instinct

Smash Rookie
http://playstationlifestyle.net/wp-...ayStation-All-Stars-Battle-Royale-685x511.jpg

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Personally I don't like that name because it's too long. Shorten it to PlayStation Battle Royale.

Also I would like to share my wishlist of characters.
1.Nathan Drake-Confirmed
2.Sweet Tooth-Confirmed
3.Kratos-Confirmed
4.Sly Cooper-Confirmed
5.Parappa-Confirmed
6.Colonel Mael Radec-Confirmed
7.Fat Princess-Confirmed
8.Jak and Daxter-Confirmed
9.Ratchet and Clank-Very likely
10.Cole MacGrath-Great Choice for the game
11.Sackboy-Likely
12.Emmett Graves-Likely
13.Nariko-Female character and another good choice
14.Chimera Hybrid-A villain
15.Sir Daniel Fortesque-Cool choice and has many weapons including his own arm.
16.Scarlett Blake-Another Female character
17.Wander-Very good choice
18.Ico-Cool choice
19.Spike/Spector-Ape Escape rep.
20.Gabe Logan-Syphon Filter, enough said

Third Party:
21.Snake-Very popular PS figure.
22.Cloud-If there was a FF rep, first choice would be Strife
23.Crash-Very Important PS figure. Now owned by Activision but he needs to be in this.
24.Spyro-Same reason as Crash
25.Lara Croft-Personal choice
26.Rayman-Personal Choice

Top Bottom